OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure though.. I know there are certain cases for "probable cause" to search a vehicle. In MI, expired tags or no tags is one of them, especially if they had potentially witnessed him driving it down the road despite telling him it was okay to park his truck there.

And I'm guessing, my own opinion, that when he asked if he could park his truck there he *probably* didn't mention the tags were not valid or on it all. JMO.
I could be way off, but I just think there was a reason they wanted to impound the truck and used the expired tags as an excuse to impound it. Then they requested a search arrest right away before it could be picked up.

Hi, all! This is my first post on Webslueths, so I would like to apologize if I break any rules. I tried being as thorough as I could reading about what was/wasn't allowed, but I can't say that I won't accidentally cross a line. This entire situation is driving me crazy and, like you, I have found myself obsessing over every little detail/rumor. The lack of information is driving me nuts.

I have been hyperfocused on the scene where BJM found GM and ChrSR....and her 911 call, along with GM's father's words during an interview he gave at GM's funeral. It's really the only scene I have been able to piece together at all considering the lack of information released.

In the 911 call, BJM states that there is "blood all over the front room" and "they drug him in the bedroom." She says the door was locked, but she knew where the key was and went in, that it appeared someone had "beat the hell out him" (referring at first to ChrSR) and then repeats it differently to include GR by saying, "It looks like somebody has beat the *advertiser censored** out of em'." (referring to both of them).

GR's dad, speaking to the news from the funeral home, says, "My nephew (ChrSR) was laying one way, with Gary laying over his legs, shot three times in the head."

http://www.wlwt.com/news/-It-s-a-sad-day-a-very-sad-day-Father-attends-first-Rhoden-funeral/39268156
(Interview with GR's dad)

If GR was staying with ChrSR, it makes sense that he would have been sleeping in the front room. If the window opened in the back of the trailer shown on the news belongs to ChrSR (and I have yet to find anything that positively confirms that), could the suspect have entered through here, started in the bedroom with ChrSR...but when GR heard a struggle from the front room and went in to check, he saw ChrSR get shot...then when GR tried to flee to the front room, he was shot/attacked as well as he was trying to escape? The suspect then could have dragged GR to the back bedroom, thrown him across ChrSR legs and then continued finishing them off? It would account for the soft tissue bruising that was reported on some of the victims, as well as the odd position they were reportedly found in. ChrSR, if he did put up a fight, might have been the one shot 9 times because of that...along with what I believe is a healthy dose of hate.

The only thing factual that I know for sure comes from the 911 calls and various interviews. The rest of the above is just conjecture on my part, so take it with a grain of salt just like everything else.

Anyways, there you have it! That's all I've got. I am hoping they release more information soon. The rumors around this incident are incredible!
Welcome to Websleuths!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

i pulled a couple of double duties before and i usually got the next day off at least. as for the mobile/manufactured homes, how are the sturdyness of them are now?

I'm in rural WV so there are a lot of mobile homes around me. When they made the change in the late 80's to garden type sunken tubs and then in the 90-00's to bigger soaker type tubs in at least one of the bathrooms, the windows got bigger and placed down lower in the wall. (generally)
True but still in the single wide trailers the only ones I have seen are still more rectangular (not neccasarily width wise) and smaller and higher up than the bedroom windows.

i pulled a couple of double duties before and i usually got the next day off at least. as for the mobile/manufactured homes, how are the sturdyness of them are now?

I think they've gotten better over time, but they're still not on par with a house. I'm from the country myself, and actually lived in a trailer when my husband and I first got married..and two of the mobile homes shown in those news clips look to be in worse shape than the one I lived in was. And let me tell you...it was in ROUGH shape. Every time I took a shower I could feel the tub bowing beneath my feet. There are days I miss things being simpler like that...until I remember that stupid bathtub! One thing that does make them at least a tad sturdier is to actually set them on a legitimate brick foundation.

I've also watched several of the Flipagrams and looked at social media posts a LOT, and you can tell by the background shots of some of the victims that these were older homes. I think DR's had been built onto at some point, which is fairly common around here as well. About fifteen minutes away from me there is a home that is made of two trailers built in TOGETHER. When I drive by there, I always wonder what they use the second kitchen for....

I realize that it has not been confirmed (as just about everything else) that Chris jr was found in or near the woods. Many of us, in the beginning, thought that the person with the most gunshot wounds was probably the main target. But IF Chris jr managed to get out of the trailer and try to escape, then I can see why HE may have been the person who was shot nine times, because he was running. Everyone else was rather trapped. JMO SPECULATION.

Hi, all! This is my first post on Webslueths, so I would like to apologize if I break any rules. I tried being as thorough as I could reading about what was/wasn't allowed, but I can't say that I won't accidentally cross a line. This entire situation is driving me crazy and, like you, I have found myself obsessing over every little detail/rumor. The lack of information is driving me nuts.

I have been hyperfocused on the scene where BJM found GM and ChrSR....and her 911 call, along with GM's father's words during an interview he gave at GM's funeral. It's really the only scene I have been able to piece together at all considering the lack of information released.

In the 911 call, BJM states that there is "blood all over the front room" and "they drug him in the bedroom." She says the door was locked, but she knew where the key was and went in, that it appeared someone had "beat the hell out him" (referring at first to ChrSR) and then repeats it differently to include GR by saying, "It looks like somebody has beat the *advertiser censored** out of em'." (referring to both of them).

GR's dad, speaking to the news from the funeral home, says, "My nephew (ChrSR) was laying one way, with Gary laying over his legs, shot three times in the head."

http://www.wlwt.com/news/-It-s-a-sad-day-a-very-sad-day-Father-attends-first-Rhoden-funeral/39268156
(Interview with GR's dad)

If GR was staying with ChrSR, it makes sense that he would have been sleeping in the front room. If the window opened in the back of the trailer shown on the news belongs to ChrSR (and I have yet to find anything that positively confirms that), could the suspect have entered through here, started in the bedroom with ChrSR...but when GR heard a struggle from the front room and went in to check, he saw ChrSR get shot...then when GR tried to flee to the front room, he was shot/attacked as well as he was trying to escape? The suspect then could have dragged GR to the back bedroom, thrown him across ChrSR legs and then continued finishing them off? It would account for the soft tissue bruising that was reported on some of the victims, as well as the odd position they were reportedly found in. ChrSR, if he did put up a fight, might have been the one shot 9 times because of that...along with what I believe is a healthy dose of hate.

The only thing factual that I know for sure comes from the 911 calls and various interviews. The rest of the above is just conjecture on my part, so take it with a grain of salt just like everything else.

Anyways, there you have it! That's all I've got. I am hoping they release more information soon. The rumors around this incident are incredible!

:welcome5: :goodpost:

You know, I could have sworn I read somewhere where Dewine shot down the idea that ChrJR was found in the woods, but I can't find the article anywhere now...so that may well be me getting the various bits of info in my head all mixed up. Goodness knows I've read so much stuff now that my head is swimming. It's hard to establish anything concrete because three quarters of the information we have has come from unverified sources.

I AM sure that they were first reporting that they'd found two juveniles dead, and that one of the juveniles was located where KR was found in the camper...but later corrected that info to one juvenile. I sometimes wonder if that isn't what happened with the idea that ChrJR's body was found in the woods, since that camper was kind of out there on its own for the most part.

On that note, does anyone know for sure which scenes are which based on news footage? The mobile home with the blue tarps, do we know who was found in that one for sure, or no?

Who would have "hired" them to take out a whole family. Seems like that would have been costly. JMO

Whoever may have "hired them" wasn't concerned about the cost. Because the primary reason for "hiring them" was to secure a healthy income in the future.

They currently had more than enough money to spare---money earned illegally and thoroughly laundered.

That's just my current theory and subject to change with new information.

You know, I could have sworn I read somewhere where Dewine shot down the idea that ChrJR was found in the woods, but I can't find the article anywhere now...so that may well be me getting the various bits of info in my head all mixed up. Goodness knows I've read so much stuff now that my head is swimming. It's hard to establish anything concrete because three quarters of the information we have has come from unverified sources.

I AM sure that they were first reporting that they'd found two juveniles dead, and that one of the juveniles was located where KR was found in the camper...but later corrected that info to one juvenile. I sometimes wonder if that isn't what happened with the idea that ChrJR's body was found in the woods, since that camper was kind of out there on its own for the most part.

On that note, does anyone know for sure which scenes are which based on news footage? The mobile home with the blue tarps, do we know who was found in that one for sure, or no?

I'm NOT sure at all, but I think that when reports first came out, Chris jr had not yet been found. IIRC the initial reports were 6 people at the Union Hill addresses, and later, Chris jr, there, then Kenneth......miles away. JMO Initially there was some confusion about Chris jr.

We can say that Hanna R was found in bed as she was found with her newborn.

How do "we know" this? Is there a MSM link? As far as I know, the locations where Hanna R. and Chris Jr. bodies were found have NOT been released. Have I missed this somehow?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by newtonskeyz
newtonskeyz
on that aerial map showing all the locations.
there is that cut away the runs through the woods there, for I suppose big electric poles.
a person could have driven that and came thru the woods to all the locations, and never had to be on a legal road. used atv's, motor cycles or trucks.

I apologize if this link has been posted from July 20,2012
Police charge convicted felon after finding marijuana grow operation in Greenup County, KY

Posted: Jul 13, 2012 11:41 AM PDT Updated: Jul 20, 2012 11:41 AM PDT
Greenup County Sheriff's Office conducted a drug raid on July 12 and <snip>plants and several guns at the home of a convicted felon.

Police arrested Kenny Wayne Rhoden, 37, after the Greenup Sheriff's department and Kentucky State Police searched his home on Old Shultz Road outside of South Shore. Greenup Sheriff Keith Cooper said they found two safes with over a dozen firearms, a marijuana grow room, and twelve marijuana plants.

Police also found an ATV and other equipment that was allegedly used to help with the grow operation.
link
http://www.tristateupdate.com/story...ion-in-greenup-county-ky?clienttype=printable

This not anything more than stuff we already know BUT it just makes me go ummm.
:cow:

On page 46 of this parole eligibility document, the rest of the pending charges have been listed. I wonder who the minor was? In Kentucky, being charged with Unlawful Transaction with a Minor in the 2nd degree is:

"(1) A person is guilty of unlawful transaction with a minor in the second degree when he knowingly induces, assists, or causes a minor to engage in illegal controlled substances activity involving marijuana, synthetic drugs, illegal gambling activity, or any other criminal activity constituting a felony."

http://justice.ky.gov/Documents/Par...gs/2014/Add_March_Parole_Eligibility_List.pdf

If the arrest was in 2012, then whomever this was would have been under the age of 18 at the time of his arrest.....

I'm NOT sure at all, but I think that when reports first came out, Chris jr had not yet been found. IIRC the initial reports were 6 people at the Union Hill addresses, and later, Chris jr, there, then Kenneth......miles away. JMO Initially there was some confusion about Chris jr.
See I don't understand that. How did they not find CRJr. right away?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

We can say that Hanna R was found in bed as she was found with her newborn. According to BJM's news interview we know that she saw her 6 m.o. nephew in bed and your <cousin(?)> MURDERED and covered in blood, so I am under the assumption that Frankie was found in bed. Kenneth was found in bed per DS.

CRsr & GR were found on the floor in the rear bedroom.

JM went in and saw Dana laying there and backed out (according to LM (?)) so I am under the assumption that she was perhaps in the living room, because if she was in bed JM would have likely had to pass the other bedrooms to get to the master (but JMO..).

We can not say for Chris jr. other than the AG talking about seeing his bedroom, and of course the SM rumor, and we also have not heard any position for HHG,

Do you have a link for BJM's news interview - I didn't know there was one.
Thanks

On page 46 of this parole eligibility document, the rest of the pending charges have been listed. I wonder who the minor was? In Kentucky, being charged with Unlawful Transaction with a Minor in the 2nd degree is:

"(1) A person is guilty of unlawful transaction with a minor in the second degree when he knowingly induces, assists, or causes a minor to engage in illegal controlled substances activity involving marijuana, synthetic drugs, illegal gambling activity, or any other criminal activity constituting a felony."

http://justice.ky.gov/Documents/Par...gs/2014/Add_March_Parole_Eligibility_List.pdf

If the arrest was in 2012, then whomever this was would have been under the age of 18 at the time of his arrest.....

This would have been Gary Rhoden's brother, not the Kenneth Rhoden that was murdered. This is also the KR that reported being "followed by a car" on the Saturday following the murders.

See I don't understand that. How did they not find CRJr. right away?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I just searched for ANYTHING that would support that they had not found Chrisjr and came up with zilch. I know it was breaking news very early on, and that there was confusion about the location of Chrisjr because I too heard initially something about where he was found which was wrong. But they MUST have found him before they found Kenneth...so I don't understand the confusion. (I do know that locals started speculating right away that Chris was the perp...but DeSWine shot that down quickly. JMO

This would have been Gary Rhoden's brother, not the Kenneth Rhoden that was murdered. This is also the KR that reported being "followed by a car" on the Saturday following the murders.
Estella said:

Ohhhh, okay then. And

Thanks VicVixvi and to you too Estella,

I was aware there were multiply Kenneth Rhoden's. I thought I had the correct one. There is a photo on the link & I thought it looked like him?I deleted my post.AND I was amazed to see there were 4 people named Kenneth Rhoden.

My excuse is'"I never was very good at finding 'Waldo''
:blushing:

I need to go yo he eye doctor:eek:

Ohhhh, okay then. And here I thought it was news!

It was news to me! Good catch!! I was just pointing out which Kenneth Rhoden because there is at least 3 different ones involved in this story. Kenneth Rhoden that was killed. KR that is Gary Rhodens brother (and lives in KY). Kenneth Rhoden that is Gary Rhoden's father (and lives in KY).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper