OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My understanding is that they have two persons of interest but. It enough evidence for a conviction. I'm not naming POI I am out in the field at work on my lunch hour and can't provide a link as I don't have the time. If this is against TOS this just delete it.

This is intriguing.

This is intriguing.

I'm guessing the POI reference is referring to the Howard case. Not this one.

Some of the people here have wondered why the several cars have been towed from the properties. IDK, but perhaps something was hidden in the cars. It could be drugs, perhaps cash (or worse - a body). If so, then robbery could have been a motive, and the killers may have tried to open the cars. I could also imagine that police suspects that someone involved with the car dealings is the perpetrator. If the police has no clue who might be involved, then DNA/finger prints found in a car that may have belonged to the killlers might put them in the right direction.

Speaking of bodies in cars. Someone (I believe lonesomepaws and perhaps others) suggested a possible link to the murder of Harry Harvey ("Hobby") Howard Jr. a while back
http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/...ion_Underway_in_Scioto_county__134604028.html

http://www.rogerwdavisfuneralhome.com/notices/Harry-Howard

It seems that this case is still unsolved.

My understanding is that they have two persons of interest but. It enough evidence for a conviction. I'm not naming POI I am out in the field at work on my lunch hour and can't provide a link as I don't have the time. If this is against TOS this just delete it.

And for some reason I just cannot imagine anyone wanting to live in these homes knowing what happened there. It would be cost effective to replace these homes. JMO

Yes, I know you were speculating... I'm thinking we could maybe rule out a larger caliber weapon for KR if there was an open casket for him as well...
But then again just because there was a closed casket ceremony doesn't necessarily mean a smaller caliber...
IDK, again anything is possible at this point.

Grasping at anything and everything since we have no real updates.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I just hope we don't make it back to whether or not the AG is contradicting himself. Or how the presidential race has affected the case. Or who was found at the location on Left Fork.

I just hope we don't make it back to whether or not the AG is contradicting himself. Or how the presidential race has affected the case. Or who was found at the location on Left Fork.
Or who let the dogs out and where they are

KR working on cars according to DS

DS supposed to help work with KRs on cars

GR comes up from KY to work on cars I guess for ChrisSr

Cars at ChrisSr

Where were the cars to be worked on? Looks to me like many of the vehicles at ChrisSr property were Junkers but what do I know. Maybe salvage.

What does it mean? Heck of I know.

Code for drugs? Dunno

Confusing as heck IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't recall what newspaper, but when the funeral director spoke for an interview, I got the impression that they were all open casket.
I agree. He spoke of the care that goes into making them look their best (under the circumstances), down to details like ensuring ties are straight. It struck me because I assumed the caskets would be closed. (And off topic, but I wish they were always closed. I don't understand the need to see a dead person.)

Goes to show, I guess, that we'd all react differently (if, that is, we could even predict in advance how we would react under such horrifying circumstances). Hard to fault someone, then, for not reacting exactly as we would.
I'm not faulting DS, but my radar just goes off on him. I don't know if he has anything to do w/ this or not, but, he just reminds me of a certain type of folks I've been around and they're good ole boys, til they're not.

Cars at ChrisSr

Where were the cars to be worked on? Looks to me like many of the vehicles at ChrisSr property were Junkers but what do I know. Maybe salvage.

Code for drugs? Dunno

Confusing as heck IMO

Even if they were junker cars, many people into cars like to tinker around and sell parts or try to get them up and running and sell them cheap. It's pretty common. I know a lot of people in the country with lots of property that have plenty of junk cars sitting around and it's totally normal. Not that suspicious of that. Especially since they were into derby cars etc.

I do think they enjoyed tinkering with cars JMO, but I also think it could have been code for doing things with plants or whatever, especially when it came time to telling MSM what they were all doing.

Kinda like how I'm not that positive BJM went there everyday to care for the animals.

JMO.

Or "the cartel." :scared:

Code for drugs? Dunno
I've always thought both "feeding the chickens" and "working on cars" are both used at times to refer to tending to the weed. JMO.

Even if they were junker cars, many people into cars like to tinker around and sell parts or try to get them up and running and sell them cheap. It's pretty common. I know a lot of people in the country with lots of property that have plenty of junk cars sitting around and it's totally normal. Not that suspicious of that. Especially since they were into derby cars etc.

I do think they enjoyed tinkering with cars JMO, but I also think it could have been code for doing things with plants or whatever, especially when it came time to telling MSM what they were all doing.

Kinda like how I'm not that positive BJM went there everyday to care for the animals.

JMO.

I'm so far down the rabbit hole I can't get out.

Now thinking there is a KY connection to the actual murders don't know why.

BBM-Or IMO to prevent them from getting up while trying to get info. from them. There was a murder in my town several yrs. ago. The victim was shot 6/7 times, some shots being in the knees. After he was dead, the killer stomped on him. This was not a murder to get info. It was done out of deep anger. (That could be how the soft tissue bruising occurred in some of the Rhoden's?)

I don't think it was to get info or to torture or anything like that. I don't think the other members were killed because CR1 wouldn't give info. That going door to door and killing to extract info from CR1 just doesn't work for me. Most of us on here are parents, so I think if someone said to you "If you don't tell me what I want to know I am going next door and kill your son" you would tell them everything plus some. Then once they got that info they would just kill you and whoever was in the house with you and then leave. They wouldn't need to go next door and kill the son. Or down the road and kill the ex-wife and kids. Or 6 miles away and kill the brother. The number of houses and the number of cars is just so over the top. The being beaten up to extract info doesn't work for me either. All they had to do was threaten his son and he would have spilled everything ( I base this on being a parent myself and knowing nothing is more important than your child.) I think that beating came because CR1 and GR were either awake or woken up and tried to fight back. These people didn't just calmly sit down and let them kill them. If they were fighting back it would also explain the number of gunshot wounds. I base this on the fact that when people are shot (especially when driven by fear or anger) they don't just fall down like in the movies. They keep on coming and it usually takes more than one shot to kill them unless you hit them in the head and remember a moving target who is fighting you would be extremely hard to hit in the head. Just sayin'

Cars at ChrisSr

Code for drugs? Dunno

Confusing as heck IMO

Maybe they were cars for the demolition derby? Idk... Grasping at straws here...

I'd probably tell them my name, and that I'd just found my cousin and he's dead, and ask them to send someone asap. I may or may not add that I'd come to check on him re; hearing the news about other family members being murdered, according to my level of anxiety at the time or the questions 911 asks folks. I probably would not have gotten close enough to the body to inspect him for a gunshot wound(s) b/c I'd have backed out of the trailer, got in my truck, and placed the call as soon as I'd seen the body. Then waited for the authorities, while calling my family, I may have even called nearby family first, so I'd not have to sit there alone, if I were alone to begin with. Jmo of how I think I'd react.

I would think if 7 people from Rhoden family were murdered and if the family did not hear/seen KR or he was not responding to phone calls, one would think the family member will approach LE already present on the scene, that they are concerned about KR and let them check on him.

I would think if 7 people from Rhoden family were murdered and if the family did not hear/seen KR or he was not responding to phone calls, one would think the family member will approach LE already present on the scene, that they are concerned about KR and let them check on him.
I think there was a lot of confusion, calls flying back and forth trying to account for everyone. I wonder if someone finally just advised all of the family to meet at one central location or check in with the same person. It's possible that when everyone but KR had been accounted for and didn't check in, that's when DS went to check on him. That being said, I can't see anyone putting DS in charge. JMO, but I get the impression from his demeanor that he was ... let's just say unreliable.
I believe that until that afternon, everyone thought someone else had heard from KR.

It was said early on the family was meeting at a church....could that be when it was noted that he was missing?

just my 2 cents - I think if they were swapping tags also, to cover up - it might rise to the level of "intent to defraud the state of revenue". This may give LE a little more leeway in getting more search warrants. A stolen car is a crime against one person, but a criminal enterprise to defraud the state? Opens a lot more doors(and resources) to request searching in other areas I would think. JMOJMOJMO

Or an ongoing criminal enterprise/conspiracy. That would buy you a lot more time than simple car theft.

It was said early on the family was meeting at a church....could that be when it was noted that he was missing?
I don't see why not, but nothing is confirmed. It is a logical assumption though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member