OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I heard of it on the local news describing how a crime was committed when a guy shot his parents so he would inherit their house. He taped a two liter bottle on a shotgun barrel for a silencer. Is that good enough?

Did you hear it? Did it work?

OK, I heard of it on the local news describing how a crime was committed when a guy shot his parents so he would inherit their house. He taped a two liter bottle on a shotgun barrel for a silencer. Is that good enough?

also taping bottles to shot guns over and over seems a bit of a stretch for any crime..... I believe it was said the victims were hit a total of 32 times.... Maybe the killer(s) carried around 32 shot guns? your opinion?

It could be if he had the bottle filled with something like maybe fiber fill stuffing or something like that. But it would only reduce the sound and would not totally eliminate it. I learned about silencers from a friend who had one. They all work to just reduce the sound and never eliminate it totally.

There are plenty of homemade methods to make them. Some good and some bad. The amount of noise reduction is the goal.

An oil filter actually sounds like it would work for a homemade one. It sounds silly but when you see how they are made it actually makes sense. The one I saw was nothing more than an oversized tube and inside the tube was tightly wrapped coils of wire. It looked like the thing you use to clean battery terminals with the wire brushes. Except it was an entire tube of tight wires. You could not see the hole down the middle. Im not sure there even was a hole as the bullet would go through the wires anyway.

I never got to hear how well it worked though.

I agree. It appears Dana's house was the only crime scene that wasn't seen by anyone other than the perpetrators and LE. There were also other reports referencing Chris, Jr. very early on that were very odd. Some stated he was found at KR's, another stated a 16 year-old boy had killed his entire family and then himself and of course there have been the rumblings about his body being found in the woods. I think there may be something different about how Chris Jr. died that only the killers know.
IIRC, Chris Jr. being found at another location was the result of misreporting in the early stages. In the latest article, April describes her husband discovering the third crime scene:

"He could hear the baby crying and he backed up out of there,'' said his wife, April Manley, in a separate interview describing what her husband told her. "He didn't want to find his niece like that." Also found dead in that trailer:

•Dana Rhoden's and Chris Rhoden Sr.'s daughter, Hanna Rhoden, 19. She was shot to death in bed with her 5-day-old daughter, Kylie, lying next to her, authorities said. Kylie was alive and remains in the custody of protective services.
•Chris Rhoden, Jr., 16, a high school freshman who'd recently earned his driver's license.

If Chris Jr. were found outside the trailer, I can't imagine one of the Manleys, when interviewed by reporters, would not have mentioned it, not even once. It strikes me as highly unlikely. Every reliable source has stated or implied that all the bodies were found indoors.

also taping bottles to shot guns over and over seems a bit of a stretch for any crime..... I believe it was said the victims were hit a total of 32 times.... Maybe the killer(s) carried around 32 shot guns? your opinion?

He would only need 1 shotgun but he would need 32 plastic bottles. LOL Because each time he shot the bottle would be blown apart along with anything he used inside the bottle for stuffing.

If a silencer was used I suspect he had a more advanced one that could be shot through multiple times. It would not be the plastic bottle method unless LE found bits of plastic everywhere.

So she thinks the people might have went in behind her? Good excuse for dna.....

Or blood on their clothing.

Or blood tracks from their shoes.

Yep. Interesting bit of information.

Possible that the weird 3:30 am (as stated by LM) re-questioning wasn't specifically directed at BJM but at any of the others who were present at the discovery (if they were among the five people LM said were re-questioned in some wee hours.)

Dunno.

Would love to know versions of events from the folks who were with her.

Gotta be nerve-wracking as all get out for the folks living in the area to wonder if the murderer(s) are among them or not.

Hope to heck that the investigation will provide the community some relief from that concern.

IIRC, Chris Jr. being found at another location was the result of misreporting in the early stages. In the latest article, April describes her husband discovering the third crime scene:

"He could hear the baby crying and he backed up out of there,'' said his wife, April Manley, in a separate interview describing what her husband told her. "He didn't want to find his niece like that." Also found dead in that trailer:

•Dana Rhoden's and Chris Rhoden Sr.'s daughter, Hanna Rhoden, 19. She was shot to death in bed with her 5-day-old daughter, Kylie, lying next to her, authorities said. Kylie was alive and remains in the custody of protective services.
•Chris Rhoden, Jr., 16, a high school freshman who'd recently earned his driver's license.

If Chris Jr. were found outside the trailer, I can't imagine one of the Manleys, when interviewed by reporters, would not have mentioned it, not even once. It strikes me as highly unlikely. Every reliable source has stated or implied that all the bodies were found indoors.

I believe it's not being released and the family has been told not to release this detail because it's only something the perp would know. The article never states anyone ever saw CRj it only states what MSM has reported.

This latest article does provide some clarity. Two comments. First, I get the impression that Bobby Jo went to the trailer by herself. Bobby Jo probably only planned a quick stop to feed the dogs and chickens. Having two friends with her makes me think they were headed somewhere else. Her friends may not have even gotten out of the car. She's unsure if one of her two friends came in behind her. But she comes out of there, by her own account, screaming for her cell phone in order to dial 911. On the 911 call, she plainly says that "I went in". Not "we". That someone was threatening her as she made the 911 call, or coaching her, seems preposterous to me. Second, it appears that all the victims were found in their beds except for Gary and Chris Sr. So, most of the victims were taken by surprise. I wonder, then, if Gary and Chris Sr. were out of bed because one of them was expecting a midnight visitor(s). Perhaps this is how they transacted business with some shady characters. This time, though, the midnight visitor(s), for whatever reason, had come to kill them.

I'm not saying I believe that CR2 was found outside the trailer and I know the other reports were bad reporting. What I am saying is that it appears DR's home is the only crime scene in which family members did not go into to investigate, so the only people who know what that crime scene looks like are LE and the killer (s). I am speculating that perhaps there is something about CR@ that only the killers would know.

Oh my gosh, I'm out of free articles at the Cincinnati News web site. It sounds like I am WAY far behind and need to read this article for new information. I've got to find another way. EEKS.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=94304&d=1463004645

There are stairs on the back of the garage. The back portion of the garage is two stories, and based on zooming in on the second picture, has a deck on it. It's an apartment or an office. If it were only storage, there would be no need for a deck. Have we seen anything about the buildings other than the trailers? Has anyone's research turned up more people living at that UH property at one point? The yellow building to the left of CRsr's trailer is also interesting. It's not in these pictures but is visible in others.

http://www.trbimg.com/img-571a9c8c/turbine/ct-ohio-shooting-pike-county-20160422

What if the killer(s) just leaned in the window and didn't even go into the house? It's hard to get perspective on how far off the ground the windows are.

What if the killer(s) just leaned in the window and didn't even go into the house? It's hard to get perspective on how far off the ground the windows are.

They couldn't drag two bodies from the front of the trailer to the bedroom through the window.

I believe it's not being released and the family has been told not to release this detail because it's only something the perp would know. The article never states anyone ever saw CRj it only states what MSM has reported.

I agree and it is possible the family doesn't know this particular detail, whatever it might be.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/

I also think the article is interesting in that it notes BJM saw a window wide open in CRsr's trailer and FR's trailer. - only because we noticed the window wide open in the back of CRsr's trailer from pictures which most have assumed was a bedroom - and I believe that's what the article states.

It's definitely not odd for Windows to be open, obviously, especially with weather warming up, but it's not been particularly warm at night. And by wide open, I wonder if this means no screens and if her mention of this is because it's strange and not usual. She sounds like she frequented these places often?

Just thinking out loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I posted these a few threads ago when we were discussing open windows. Here again for any that may have missed them are the photos of the backside of FR/HHG trailer.

4199UHR_back-1.jpg

4199UHR_back-2.jpg

Is somebody really going to take the time to come in through a window to murder somebody and/or go out the window after murdering somebody? Unless it would be quieter to come in through a window as to not alert someone versus breaking the door in and/or the door lock? I guess depending on whether the trailer doors had added locks possibly or different type of locks than what we normally think of as being on a trailer door?

And if walking into a crime scene/murder scene where you see nothing but blood and you don't specifically notice the person has been shot, are you really going to think to look for shell casings?? Thoughts??
If they knew Chris Sr. had cameras pointed at the front door that would be a reason. Anybody with a little bit of machine shop experience and access to bare minimum machine tools can make a very good silencer. Just google "silencer blueprints" and there are many designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme