OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying I believe that CR2 was found outside the trailer and I know the other reports were bad reporting. What I am saying is that it appears DR's home is the only crime scene in which family members did not go into to investigate, so the only people who know what that crime scene looks like are LE and the killer (s). I am speculating that perhaps there is something about CR@ that only the killers would know.
Possible. But I find it highly unlikely that LE, or even the coroner, would not let the family members know who was found in that trailer. Even if a family member did not enter, they surely would've wanted to know if Dana, Hanna, or Chris Jr. were found dead or alive. I can't imagine LE wouldn't tell them. Again, reliable sources keep reporting that Chris Jr. was found in that trailer. I think it's safe to assume they were able to confirm these basic facts.

mrssmith23 said:
Assuming you amean FR and HHG. FR and HMR are brother and sister and were not at the same location.

Yes, I did mean HHG, thanks. I edited my post

What is your problem? It worked good enough not to wake up neighbors.

You asked if it was good enough. I responded with my questions. He did get caught because you know the story sooo, it didn't work and it's not good enough. But that's JMO take it as you like.

Possible. But I find it highly unlikely that LE, or even the coroner, would not let the family members know who was found in that trailer. Even if a family member did not enter, they surely would've wanted to know if Dana, Hanna, or Chris Jr. were found dead or alive. I can't imagine LE wouldn't tell them. Again, reliable sources keep reporting that Chris Jr. was found in that trailer. I think it's safe to assume they were able to confirm these basic facts.

There is only one source that says CR2 was found in DR's home, as far as I know, and that comes from the interview that BJM just gave. It is plausible he was in his mother's home, but I don't think that has been confirmed by LE. If it has, I haven't seen that.

But that isn't the point. The point is, the only crime scene that wasn't investigated by family members is the crime scene at DR's home. This comes from the family themselves (DS, BJM and JM and JM Manley's wife). If LE has any hope of keeping anything close to the vest in terms of crime scene specifics , it is details of the crime scene at DR's home. All of the family members have been talking to the media and giving away details about the other crime scenes.

The yellow building to the left of CRsr's trailer is also interesting. It's not in these pictures but is visible in others

Not sure what you are referring to. Is it the overturned dog kennel?

Per BJM, in CRsr's trailer:

"That's where she saw Gary Rhoden, 38, lying on his stomach. Dead. Just up from his body, she saw a bloodied Chris Rhoden, also on his stomach. He was dead, as well."

Per BJM in FR's trailer:

That’s when she discovered her nephew and his fiancee dead in bed. She said Frankie Rhoden, who was lying on his back, had a black left eye, but she couldn’t tell where they had been shot: "There was just all that blood in the middle of the bed."

In DR's trailer per article -

"James Manley, came to find their sister Dana Rhoden dead in her trailer, which is north of the other two trailers on Union Hill Road."

"He could hear the baby crying and he backed up out of there,'' said his wife, April Manley, in a separate interview describing what her husband told her. "He didn't want to find his niece like that."

Also found dead in that trailer:
Dana Rhoden's and Chris Rhoden Sr.'s daughter, Hanna Rhoden, 19. She was shot to death in bed with her 5-day-old daughter, Kylie, lying next to her, authorities said. Kylie was alive and remains in the custody of protective services.
Chris Rhoden, Jr., 16, a high school freshman who'd recently earned his driver's license."

By "trailer guy" I'm assuming you mean KR, who DS has stated in interviews was found in his fifth wheel in bed on LFR.

The description of Dana's brother finding her body makes me wonder if her body was possibly in the living room where he could see her as soon as he entered her trailer and then he heard the baby crying and his gut told him Hannah must be dead too and he got out of there! Maybe he was the one that then flagged down the deputies. I am wondering if maybe Dana was still up in the living room when she was shot.

If they knew Chris Sr. had cameras pointed at the front door that would be a reason. Anybody with a little bit of machine shop experience and access to bare minimum machine tools can make a very good silencer. Just google "silencer blueprints" and there are many designs.

There is no reason not to use a legal suppresser or one time legal one. There is no contact with the round, therefore no ballistics. You can have one that fits on many guns. Unless the suppresser had blood on it there's nothing really. Or just the record that you legally own one.

Interesting story at cincinnati.com. A very detailed account of Bobby Jo. It answers some questions, and raises new ones. Up to now, we were always given the impression that Bobby Jo was alone when she found the bodies. Yet, there were indications on the 911 tape that she wasn't alone. It has now been confirmed that she was not alone:

Question: How many people does it take to feed a dog and some chickens? I am really, really curious who the friend and the wife are. Why did she arrive with 2 other people? Perhaps these were all "employees" of the "family business".

I saw earlier on FB a cousin/relative defending BJM and saying that her (the relative's) aunt and uncle were with BJM on the morning of the 22nd when she found the bodies. That also explains the "we" in her initial 911 call. Some thought she had called her dad before calling 911 and he was with her.

Not sure what you are referring to. Is it the overturned dog kennel?

There is a yellow house with maroon awnings
166256ea1330ce114f6a9e8d90dd2089.jpg

It amazes me that the dogs did not turn on the attackers. Just hard to fathom of all the pit bulls involved, mean and there for protection, that they were not aggressive against the perpetrators.

Just a thought, maybe they had a big ole can of pepper spray. Shoot a stream of that in a dog's face and it will deter them. Bear spray, pepper spray, mace, etc. . .

Either the dogs had already been exposed to the perps frequently, or they were some how subdued. I wonder if they tested any of the dogs for tranquilizers of some kind? Maybe they ate them rolled in meat?

They could have pepper sprayed them, sprayed their eyes with another substance.

I saw earlier on FB where a cousin/relative was defending BJM and saying that her (the relative's) aunt and uncle were with BJM on the morning of the 22nd when she found the bodies. That also explains BJM saying "we" in her initial 911 call. Some thought she possibly had called her dad before calling 911 and her dad was with her. I think I saw it on the FB site "Justice for the Rhodens".

maybe you don't hear a .22 but you hear a 9mm or a .380 the shots would have been ringing through them hills and the coon dogs would be going crazy without doubt.

Yes, different ammo makes different sounds. Some sounds like a firecracker going off and others like a bomb exploded. But, in rural areas most people just don't think that much about hearing gunshots. I don't. If I'd even wake up, I'd probably glance at the clock, think someone was running off a varmint, and go back to sleep. I mentioned on here a few threads back that we hadn't target practiced in a quite a bit, but did a couple weeks ago and I'm sure people heard us. Not one person called to see if it was just us target shooting, no 911 calls were phoned in, nothing. For one, you really can't determine where the shots are coming from and two, people hear shooting quite often around, we may know the general direction, but not from which address it's coming from.

My goodness. The suggestion of headphones earlier I just did. They are really good headphones. She does say "please dont hurt me" and then you hear "Good job"

mind boggling

Are the killer (s) going to take time to pick up their shell casings during and/or after murdering 8 people? Really?

There are many reasons to police your brass, some being partial prints or DNA left on casing from loading the bullet in the gun. Policing brass could potentially keep LE from knowing the type gun or from knowing the exact caliber. Lots of reasons to police brass especially if you want to make it harder for LE to catch you. Like I said whole scene sounds like special ops.

This latest article does provide some clarity. Two comments. First, I get the impression that Bobby Jo went to the trailer by herself. Bobby Jo probably only planned a quick stop to feed the dogs and chickens. Having two friends with her makes me think they were headed somewhere else. Her friends may not have even gotten out of the car. She's unsure if one of her two friends came in behind her. But she comes out of there, by her own account, screaming for her cell phone in order to dial 911. On the 911 call, she plainly says that "I went in". Not "we". That someone was threatening her as she made the 911 call, or coaching her, seems preposterous to me. Second, it appears that all the victims were found in their beds except for Gary and Chris Sr. So, most of the victims were taken by surprise. I wonder, then, if Gary and Chris Sr. were out of bed because one of them was expecting a midnight visitor(s). Perhaps this is how they transacted business with some shady characters. This time, though, the midnight visitor(s), for whatever reason, had come to kill them.

I don't see feeding the animals as being a quick stop. Too many dogs and chickens there. At this point, she's had enough time to speak w/her relatives about how it all went down (who followed her in, etc. . .) so I don't buy all of her interview. She's waited too long to give the interview. IMO I don't think she actually murdered them but I think she knows more than she's letting on. She was over there too much. I think she was as tight w/the Rhodens as much as she was her own blood. I do believe that whatever started this that night, started at CR1's trailer, and I also believe that CR1, KR, and GR, have somehow brought this down on their family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme