OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
well if we based everything off of could've would've should've we wouldn't have a single theory on here. Haha

My points are all based off of information from either LE or family interviews since that's all we have to go by. And in my opinion.... LM describes the dogs as the type to "tear you up" and considering BJM states they were outside on the porch when she arrived and the back window where the bodies had been drug to per blood on the floor evidence.. The perp(s) most likely did exit that way considering the owners were no longer alive to get the unfriendly dogs from attacking them on the front porch. Again... JMO

Yeah, I know. Most of us are just taking our points from LE and interviews. I'm just saying ... there's more than one reason a window could possibly be open. As far as the dogs, if they were on the front porch, they would have heard someone behind the trailer and could have just as easily ran back there.

Does anyone know of a previous case in which a mobile home was towed and preserved? Just curious.

That is what sticks with me also. I count at least three crimes in or close to Piketon where people have been killed while sleeping. The couple killed five years ago, the Newsomes last January and the Rhodens. Now there are articles about people turning up dead in NKY in the same manner, not to mention the three found floating in the Ohio river. I do not know the area, having never been there, so I don't know how big an area it is or how populated. Maybe someone on here knows about more murders in the area. It just seems like a lot of this started five years ago? And an awful lot of killing for that small an area. Most small towns don't see one murder in 20 years but the Piketon area has had three crimes with 10 people murdered in their sleep in 5 years? Maybe we should start counting crime scenes within a 25 mile radius, as well victims, manner of death and when and where they were killed? Just seems the bodies are piling up in that area.

Add to that the 6 missing and/or murdered women in Chillicothe which is just north of Pike County.

I also feel that the owner of BBL played down the work the Rhodens did for him. He also did not show any type of gratitude and or loyalty following the deaths. I know for a fact because I am somewhat personally familiar with a family member who does work there and has for years as an only source of income. I rather not go to far into detail but I do think that it could have a possible tie in this case if it was a business venture that had gone wrong.. I know I saw mentioned at some point that the owner or co owner of BBL was also involved in car sales. I am just curious if there is any relation with BBL and the family when it came to illegal activities. This isn't my personal theory but still a theory that we can throw into question.

I read skmewhere that BBL s location can be directly accessed off of dirt roads or paths behind the Rhoden residence(s) not sure how true this is but that would make for an easy escape without being seen by the rest of the neighbors.

Like i I said these are just ideas to theory's that we can't exclude given the limited amount of information we have.

I read on the gossip forum, that they may have taken the trailers so they are available and intact for a jury to walk through, tbh, i find that very plausible and i was thinking along the same lines but i just couldnt word it correctly in my head.

It's actually very rare that the jury gets to walk through a crime scene. Usually there are numerous objections by lawyers. It only happens when lawyers can show some need to physically be there that can't be shown in photographs, floor plans or a video walk though. One of the big reasons is that it can be rather traumatic to the actual jurors. While I know some people on here would love to walk through crime scenes, the majority of average people just don't want to see blood or experience it in person. It's a lot different to see photographs and video than to actually be where a person has died and the smells. Off the top of my head, I can think of two high profile cases that had walk through. Simpson and Hernandez and then the crap you see in movies. :)

When I heard about the murder two weeks before- and the kids were not hurt that shocked me. So I wondered how common that is - only found a couple - and one seems like might have been spared casue they hid?

http://abc13.com/news/police-mother-kills-two-then-herself/1184319/

http://www.kare11.com/news/communit...-after-mom-killed-in-murder-suicide/152901296

Got curious about Pike clouties crime rates. Here is what I learned:

Interestingly, it, on average, is 93% safer than anywhere else in USA! It takes in population so it results in an accurate relationship!

You can put your own zip code in !

I was three times more likely to be slaughtered where I live than if I lived in Pike County!!

Check yours!!

http://www.homefacts.com/crime/Ohio/Pike-County.html

The guy in the earlier event was quite a character

ENGAGING IN ORGANIZED CRIME-CRIMINAL SYNDICATE

a week later
COMPLICITY TRAF CONT SUB-1ST DEGREE-2ND OR GT OFFENSE-DRUG UNSPECIFIED

FLEEING OR EVADING POLICE, 1ST DEGREE (MOTOR VEHICLE)

TRAF CONT SUB-1ST DEGREE-1ST OFFENSE-DRUG UNSPECIFIED PFO IN LIEU OF (2ND DEGREE)

Sentance was 18 years??? (event 2010?)

No parole information found for this offender ???????

I have no idea how he was not locked up? This stuff is in Boone County.

https://bailbondcity.com/kentucky/kydoc-inmate-EAPMON/60871

[h=1]Butler coroner: Fentanyl OD deaths stand out in first quarter 2016[/h]
I also think the nursing home angle is related to Fentanyl

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...deaths-stand-out-first-quarter-2016/84275298/

He was locked up, but he only had to serve 20% of his sentence. It's a weird KY thing.

I believe it is for preservation of the crime scenes. jmo I would image that with the locations of the homes/camper that it would be very difficult to keep them from being entered by friend or foe.I mean once they have been entered/broke into then the crime scene is compromised. I'm glad they have been moved. If LE had LE out there to protect the locations it probably cost less to move then to pay LE to sit in the cars at the locations. jmo idk

DeWine said he and the sheriff met with the Rhoden family and let them know investigators anticipate securing the mobile homes until there is a trial.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/homes-wher...located-for-crime-scene-preservation/39518206

Things that make me go hmmmm....

5th search warrant - News reporter on the day of the murders reporting from the LFR scene states that investigators are searching a 5th scene "just across the Pike/Scioto border".
( http://m.whio.com/videos/news/new-p.../vDqhhQ/?ecmp=whiotv_social_facebook_2014_sfp )

Who's name is associated with property that is 1.2 miles(just into Scioto County) from KR's LFR address?
Who is a relative, albeit not by blood?
Who is also involved in the auto salvage business and has a place of business that is 10 minutes via back roads into Scioto County from LFR?
Who also lives just across the Scioto County line 5-10 minutes from LFR?
Who would have most certainly been around the Rhodens and likely involved in business with them?
Who would have most certainly been known to the dogs?
Who would have likely known about the cameras?
Who's body was found a few years ago, just a 5-10 minute drive across the Scioto county border and in the same area?
Who was suspected in that murder?

Did someone need money? <--- This is the question I can't answer.

Things that make me go hmmmm....

5th search warrant - News reporter on the day of the murders reporting from the LFR scene states that investigators are searching a 5th scene "just across the Pike/Scioto border".
( http://m.whio.com/videos/news/new-p.../vDqhhQ/?ecmp=whiotv_social_facebook_2014_sfp )

Who's name is associated with property that is 1.2 miles(just into Scioto County) from KR's LFR address?
Who is a relative, albeit not by blood?
Who is also involved in the auto salvage business and has a place of business that is 10 minutes via back roads into Scioto County from LFR?
Who also lives just across the Scioto County line 5-10 minutes from LFR?
Who would have most certainly been around the Rhodens and likely involved in business with them?
Who would have most certainly been known to the dogs?
Who would have likely known about the cameras?
Who's body was found a few years ago, just a 5-10 minute drive across the Scioto county border and in the same area?
Who was suspected in that murder?

Did someone need money?

Are you referencing RW?

Are you referencing RW?

RW would not be the answer to many of those questions. The person I've got in mind would be the answer to every single question(eta: well, except the one about "who's body was found...this person is still alive).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A friend of our family sold his house on the farm and the people moved it to their land. The mover's put a cup of water on the kitchen table to prove how smooth and gentle the whole move is. It was still in the same place. These people are good at what they do.
Very interesting. Thank you. I was just curious about that.

Re the calls

"oh god I gotta check on Frankie" some say. I heard "Please dont hurt me". But you can def hear after that "good job"

Apply "good job" to the two above and which fits better?

Re: The FBI can't just swoop in and take over if they don't have jurisdiction. That's not how it works. I'll see if I can find my other post.

If I understand this, all it would take to get FBI "on the case" is to ask then.....................

IMO, it is incongruent with the stance that this is going to be so hard to solve let me call the AG. They had what 25 counties involved- why not reach out instantly to the top dog, head honcho, best in the world ? I mean if you know it is beyond your capablities we not go for # 1 from the get go??

It is kinda like going for the second best second opinion!

The FBI is not the best homicide investigation unit in the world. Why? They don't investigate a lot of homicides.

In every single scenario I come up with regarding any crime scene investigation a rural Ohio sheriff should always call the BCI first. The BCI has crime scene units whose sole job is to investigate crime scenes. Small county sheriff's offices may or may not have detectives- no crime scene investigators. The BCI has a wider network of contacts at all federal agencies than any county sheriff is going to have.

Going through the proper channels is a big deal in law enforcement.

Should we have a thread for the Newsome case as well then? And then both links could be in the wiki of this Rhoden case - or is that against TOS?

How about the young couple 5 or 6 years ago that is still unsolved? Or one that groups all unsolved murders in this area together?

I don't think there is any real mystery to moving the crime scenes....most crime scenes aren't movable. These are. If they were permanent structures, they would remain in place guarded until such time as they were released. There aren't that many crimes of this magnitude that have occurred in a series of mobile homes so it seems unusual but it really is the most logical, efficient, and safest course of action if you are preparing for a prosecution. Chain of custody, check. Scene of crime for jury view if you want that option, check. Ample time to process, and process again, and revisit the scenes for LE, check. I don't think they woke up two days ago with this idea. I imagine this has been in the works for some time. What I am most curious about is the statement by Donald Stone that there was blood everywhere. Isn't Kenneth Rhoden the person who was only shot once in the head? That shouldn't make for a particularly gruesome scene so I wonder what else occurred there.

I agree.
You know every person within 30 minutes of those trailers would be driving by to get their look if they ever opened the roads. Some extra nosey people or even family would want to go inside. Whenever Defendants lawyers would finally be able to go check it out themselves, it may have been disturbed or substantially changed. I think one of the biggest reasons to move is to protect the chain of custody and they were on wheels. They probably got the idea from KR camper. Maybe they said well let's just take this back with us. Then thought lets just take them all.
It's just more economical to move them than have them guarded 24/7. Also, with the amount of people killed, it does take time to get through everything.
I know people are frustrated about how long things are taking, but think of it this way... One person murdered at one crime scene probably takes about a week or more to process everything and go through stuff. This case has 8 people murdered at 4 crime scenes. I would think it would take at least 4 weeks before they even know what all they have as far as evidence. This isn't Criminal Minds or CSI. It can't be all figured out and processed as quick as it is on shows.

I agree.
You know every person within 30 minutes of those trailers would be driving by to get their look if they ever opened the roads. Some extra nosey people or even family would want to go inside. Whenever Defendants lawyers would finally be able to go check it out themselves, it may have been disturbed or substantially changed. I think one of the biggest reasons to move is to protect the chain of custody and they were on wheels. They probably got the idea from KR camper. Maybe they said well let's just take this back with us. Then thought lets just take them all.
It's just more economical to move them than have them guarded 24/7. Also, with the amount of people killed, it does take time to get through everything.
I know people are frustrated about how long things are taking, but think of it this way... One person murdered at one crime scene probably takes about a week or more to process everything and go through stuff. This case has 8 people murdered at 4 crime scenes. I would think it would take at least 4 weeks before they even know what all they have as far as evidence. This isn't Criminal Minds or CSI. It can't be all figured out and processed as quick as it is on shows.

Very wise words here folks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member