OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree.
You know every person within 30 minutes of those trailers would be driving by to get their look if they ever opened the roads. Some extra nosey people or even family would want to go inside. Whenever Defendants lawyers would finally be able to go check it out themselves, it may have been disturbed or substantially changed. I think one of the biggest reasons to move is to protect the chain of custody and they were on wheels. They probably got the idea from KR camper. Maybe they said well let's just take this back with us. Then thought lets just take them all.
It's just more economical to move them than have them guarded 24/7. Also, with the amount of people killed, it does take time to get through everything.
I know people are frustrated about how long things are taking, but think of it this way... One person murdered at one crime scene probably takes about a week or more to process everything and go through stuff. This case has 8 people murdered at 4 crime scenes. I would think it would take at least 4 weeks before they even know what all they have as far as evidence. This isn't Criminal Minds or CSI. It can't be all figured out and processed as quick as it is on shows.
You forget to mention the ghost hunters. There's a freaking youtube video of someone trying to "contact" CRJr. I'm not kidding. I came across it last week when I was looking for media links.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

This link should get you to a post where a readable photo of part of the report was tweeted by a Gannett Ohio reporter as well as a transcript of what can be seen provided by a WS poster:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-hunt-for-killer(s)-4&p=12502409#post12502409

The incident report was required to be released by Ohio law. If need be, I can go fetch a link where Gannett Ohio made noise about it.

Quote " I, Deputy Morgan Music and Deputy Chandler were dispatched to 4077 Union Hill Road in reference to a call stating that there were two possibly dead subjects in a residence." End Quote
Then: Quote: Myself, Dep. Ball and Maj. Evans all arrived on scene at 08:12 a.m. A subject (redacted name) approached us and stated that "there are two more dead people here", pointing to the residence at 4077 Union Hill. Dep. Ball and I approached the home and I observed that the front door was open. As Dep Ball and I entered the home, Upon entering the home I noted a large amount of blood on the living room floor. The home was found to be unoccupied except for the two deceased males in the back bedroom.End Quote

Music and Chandler were dispatched at 7:51 a.m. At 8:07, Deputy Chandler was waved down and told they needed more ambulance b/c of finding more bodies. Deputy Music, and Deputy Ball and Major Evans, arrived at the 4077 address at 8:12 a.m. and were told there were two more bodies at another residence, (which reads as if it has to be CR1s trailer), so Deputy Music and Deputy Ball, entered and cleared CR1s trailer, while, I'm thinking that Major Evans was entering and clearing FR's trailer, a short piece away.

This is the way I read the report anyway, and it does not correlate w/the interview that BJM gave to MSM that I read yesterday. Confused. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

The overtime for guarding the dwellings in situ 24/7 would be astronomical. I am still confused by the mixed signals being sent; the scene will be released; nope, it won't be released, now we're moving the homes...doesn't get more confusing than that. I think it speaks more to what they do not know than what they have. Regardless of what they say, disturbing a crime scene like that - and the outside typically holds evidentiary value: impressions, detritus, items inadvertently or intentionally discarded, and all manner of minutiae or lack thereof that a defense investigator might find interesting......plus you are denying the defense (if there is a defense) the opportunity to examine the intact crime scene. This will no doubt be a capital case and the defense will make all manner of arguments about that plus the physical disturbance from moving the structures.

I actually put this on the Charles Eapmon and Carolyn Ann Tomlinson thread, meant to put it here, but I have so many tabs open, I'll just repost it...

Candy Newsome, 48, and her 16-year-old-daughter, Kristina "Mykal" Newsome, were murdered in Lucasville, Ohio. Candy was executed in her bed, teen daughter as she tried to run away. That would be 15 minutes from the Rhodens home, Mykal and Hanna Rhoden knew one another. Candy was a drug dealer.

April 6th less than two hours away in Elsmere, Ky...Carolyn Ann Tomlinson, 28, and Charles Douglas Eapmon, 32 were found dead in the home, four kids of Carolyn's unharmed. First investigated as a murder/suicide, after autopsies and investigation it's now a homicide. http://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news/kenton-county/elsmere/police-two-bodies-found-in-elsmere-home

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...-id-victims-elsmere-double-homicide/82757510/
The neighbor heard nothing, his security video, he says, doesn't show anything. According to Charles' brother, in the photo with white sweatshirt, the couple were killed in their bed.

The Newsome's were killed in January, Eapmon and Tomlinson on April 6th, and the Rhodens were killed April 22nd, all less than a two hour range of one another. There is drug involvment in all three incidents.

When is it "normal" in cases like this for the people and the press to start questioning the LE's work? Haven't the public a right to know what their tax dollars are being spent on? In Norway it would not have been possible to put a lid on such a high profile investigation for this amount of time.

As an Ohio taxpayer, I don't expect to know. But I would far rather a more extensive investigation that results in a successful prosecution than a shoddy, quick one.

When I heard about the murder two weeks before- and the kids were not hurt that shocked me. So I wondered how common that is - only found a couple - and one seems like might have been spared casue they hid?

http://abc13.com/news/police-mother-kills-two-then-herself/1184319/

http://www.kare11.com/news/communit...-after-mom-killed-in-murder-suicide/152901296

Got curious about Pike clouties crime rates. Here is what I learned:

Interestingly, it, on average, is 93% safer than anywhere else in USA! It takes in population so it results in an accurate relationship!

You can put your own zip code in !

I was three times more likely to be slaughtered where I live than if I lived in Pike County!!

Check yours!!

http://www.homefacts.com/crime/Ohio/Pike-County.html

The guy in the earlier event was quite a character

ENGAGING IN ORGANIZED CRIME-CRIMINAL SYNDICATE

a week later
COMPLICITY TRAF CONT SUB-1ST DEGREE-2ND OR GT OFFENSE-DRUG UNSPECIFIED

FLEEING OR EVADING POLICE, 1ST DEGREE (MOTOR VEHICLE)

TRAF CONT SUB-1ST DEGREE-1ST OFFENSE-DRUG UNSPECIFIED PFO IN LIEU OF (2ND DEGREE)

Sentance was 18 years??? (event 2010?)

No parole information found for this offender ???????

I have no idea how he was not locked up? This stuff is in Boone County.

https://bailbondcity.com/kentucky/kydoc-inmate-EAPMON/60871

[h=1]Butler coroner: Fentanyl OD deaths stand out in first quarter 2016[/h]
I also think the nursing home angle is related to Fentanyl

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...deaths-stand-out-first-quarter-2016/84275298/

This site says the violent crime rate where I live is 400% higher than the national average! HAHAHAHA... actually that's not funny at all, but it comes as no surprise to me. We are ranked #1 in the nation in the medium-sized city category. The property crime rate is even higher than the violent crime rate... at 500%! An armed robbery literally happens on a weekly basis around here. Just last week, 3 guys in masks robbed a bank while armed with AK 47s. Then they led the cops on a pursuit thru a residential neighborhood and fired shots at the officers while fleeing. Some of the bullets shattered windows in nearby homes. The car was eventually stopped by an officer with a stop stick and then they fled in the woods. All 3 were found in separate locations, hours apart from each other, with the help of K9s---thank God!

I have to laugh to keep myself from peeing my pants out of fear.

The overtime for guarding the dwellings in situ 24/7 would be astronomical. I am still confused by the mixed signals being sent; the scene will be released; nope, it won't be released, now we're moving the homes...doesn't get more confusing than that. I think it speaks more to what they do not know than what they have. Regardless of what they say, disturbing a crime scene like that - and the outside typically holds evidentiary value: impressions, detritus, items inadvertently or intentionally discarded, and all manner of minutiae or lack thereof that a defense investigator might find interesting......plus you are denying the defense (if there is a defense) the opportunity to examine the intact crime scene. This will no doubt be a capital case and the defense will make all manner of arguments about that plus the physical disturbance from moving the structures.

There's no way that the outside could be kept completely intact anyway. Rain has pretty much washed any exterior evidence away. And there's probably photographic evidence from every angle imaginable by now. They're mobile homes. They just put them in motion. The crime scenes would most likely better stay intact I'd think. They can still rope off the property though and the other sheds, dog, and rooster houses will be there. Some type of placement needs to be made for those dogs and chickens too, if they've not already done so, on a side thought.

I don't understand why so many are asking about the moving of the homes. Seems perfectly logical in every sense: logistics, economy and preservation.

Since when are we deciding people were tortured and know how many GSW's they have?

We have absolutely no confirmation who had how many GSW's. It's been said GR was shot 3 times in the head. Who knows if that was even accurate or if he was shot more elsewhere. DS said KR had a GSW, I doubt he examined thoroughly to see if it was 1 or multiple.

It's been SPECULATED that *maybe* the ones shot multiple times were for information extraction or torture, but absolutely nothing has confirmed that. It may have been they tried to fight back.

Also, we don't even know if we have the full context of the 911 calls, let alone if there were more calls.

It's absolutely terrible to say these kids were being abused. I know plenty of people that grow pot that are the nicest sweetest people you will ever meet and take great care of their kids who have absolutely no idea what is going on.

The Rhoden's seemed like they were very full of love. Its hard to struggle through life. You'll do anything to keep food on the table and lights on for your kids. Once you start being able to change that, it's hard to get out of it. Especially since I highly doubt this growing just started. It's likely it was going on when FR, CRjr, and HR were younger themselves. You don't just have 200+ plants in an operation. You work up to that.

Yes, they were involved in illegal activities, they didn't deserve this, at all. This is 8 people murdered, some in front of their own kids who had to sit covered in blood and see these gruesome scenes for who knows how long. That doesn't make them bad people. The Rhoden's maybe had no clue their lives were in danger, sometimes it's not easy to see. Especially if this has been going on for years like I suspect. They were from there. Knew everyone it sounds like. Probably felt completely comfortable handling their own in a situation of an intruder like every family themselves hopes for. Everyone has the "it won't happen to me mentality" whether you are growing pot or have 3 beers and decide to drive home. So sick of the victim shaming.

Of course, JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This site says the violent crime rate where I live is 400% higher than the national average! HAHAHAHA... actually that's not funny at all, but it comes as no surprise to me. We are ranked #1 in the nation in the medium-sized city category. The property crime rate is even higher than the violent crime rate... at 500%! An armed robbery literally happens on a weekly basis around here. Just last week, 3 guys in masks robbed a bank while armed with AK 47s. Then they led the cops on a pursuit thru a residential neighborhood and fired shots at the officers while fleeing. Some of the bullets shattered windows in nearby homes. The car was eventually stopped by an officer with a stop stick and then they fled in the woods. All 3 were found in separate locations, hours apart from each other, with the help of K9s---thank God!

I have to laugh to keep myself from peeing my pants out of fear.

I love that site! Every time my daughter looks at a new place to live I run the address and scare her to death. lol There's usually at least 8-10 sex offenders living within a mile radius of every school address you put in too. There's nine near our elementary school. :gaah: The murder rate for where I'm at is 0% but Forcible Rape is at 146%. O.O Burglary is 141%. I think it's b/c of the folks on heroin and fentanyl. They'll steal anything not nailed down.

Where I live is over 350% above the national average in violent crime!!

Since when are we deciding people were tortured and know how many GSW's they have?

We have absolutely no confirmation who had how many GSW's. It's been said GR was shot 3 times in the head. Who knows if that was even accurate or if he was shot more elsewhere. DS said KR had a GSW, I doubt he examined thoroughly to see if it was 1 or multiple.

It's been SPECULATED that *maybe* the ones shot multiple times were for information extraction or torture, but absolutely nothing has confirmed that. It may have been they tried to fight back.

Also, we don't even know if we have the full context of the 911 calls, let alone if there were more calls.

It's absolutely terrible to say these kids were being abused. I know plenty of people that grow pot that are the nicest sweetest people you will ever meet and take great care of their kids who have absolutely no idea what is going on.

The Rhoden's seemed like they were very full of love. Its hard to struggle through life. You'll do anything to keep food on the table and lights on for your kids. Once you start being able to change that, it's hard to get out of it. Especially since I highly doubt this growing just started. It's likely it was going on when FR, CRjr, and HR were younger themselves. You don't just have 200+ plants in an operation. You work up to that.

Yes, they were involved in illegal activities, they didn't deserve this, at all. This is 8 people murdered, some in front of their own kids who had to sit covered in blood and see these gruesome scenes for who knows how long. That doesn't make them bad people. The Rhoden's maybe had no clue their lives were in danger, sometimes it's not easy to see. Especially if this has been going on for years like I suspect. They were from there. Knew everyone it sounds like. Everyone has the "it won't happen to me mentality" whether you are growing pot or have 3 beers and decide to drive home. So sick of the victim shaming.

Of course, JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good post. We have to look at the verified information, and as we're all aware of, it's not much. We can establish connections and relations, we can interpret every breath in the 911-call, we can pick every sentence from LE to pieces, we can talk about drugs, where the bodies were found, we can discuss almost everything. We should NOT imo be speculating in other violations of the law than the ones presented. Four kids are growing up and WILL at some point read this, let's not add to the burdon.

You forget to mention the ghost hunters. There's a freaking youtube video of someone trying to "contact" CRJr. I'm not kidding. I came across it last week when I was looking for media links.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

No psychics have come forward to solve the case yet? I'm sure at least one "knows" what happened...

Good post. We have to look at the verified information, and as we're all aware of, it's not much. We can establish connections and relations, we can interpret every breath in the 911-call, we can pick every sentence from LE to pieces, we can talk about drugs, where the bodies were found, we can discuss almost everything. We should NOT imo be speculating in other violations of the law than the ones presented. Four kids are growing up and WILL at some point read this, let's not add to the burdon.

Exactly. Those babies were loved. 1 of them in bed with their mother and 1 of them in bed with their mother and father. That is absolutely heartbreaking. A 3 year old was exposed to possibly sitting and trying to wake his own father up who was shot dead in bed with his future step mother.

It's fine to speculate theories. But to state things that aren't fact as fact only adds to the confusion. And some things are just not pertinent to the conversation.

Again. JMO.

Things that make me go hmmmm....

5th search warrant - News reporter on the day of the murders reporting from the LFR scene states that investigators are searching a 5th scene "just across the Pike/Scioto border".
( http://m.whio.com/videos/news/new-p.../vDqhhQ/?ecmp=whiotv_social_facebook_2014_sfp )

Who's name is associated with property that is 1.2 miles(just into Scioto County) from KR's LFR address?
Who is a relative, albeit not by blood?
Who is also involved in the auto salvage business and has a place of business that is 10 minutes via back roads into Scioto County from LFR?
Who also lives just across the Scioto County line 5-10 minutes from LFR?
Who would have most certainly been around the Rhodens and likely involved in business with them?
Who would have most certainly been known to the dogs?
Who would have likely known about the cameras?
Who's body was found a few years ago, just a 5-10 minute drive across the Scioto county border and in the same area?
Who was suspected in that murder?

Did someone need money? <--- This is the question I can't answer.

Aargh....I've tried and can't seem to square this circle! Any hints about fruitful sources would be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member