OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it does happen, but one normally has to be an RN to get into the medication. I don't think that CNAs, as a rule, give patients their meds.

At the nursing home my mother was in before her passing, the duty nurse had a lockable cart with the meds which would be restocked from the medicine room. She would wheel it down the hall going through her charts on which patient got which pills. She would place the pills in a small plastic cup and the CNA's would take the cups from her to the patients in their rooms. The CNA had to stand there to ensure the patient took the meds and then she would return the plastic cup and throw it in a bag on the cart.

Mom was alert and knew which pills she was supposed to get, but a lot of the patients in her facility were not aware at all and wouldn't know if the CNA substituted.

dayna why do you think CRsr wanted the land?

I don't really think I can post it.

Though I did just look at some pictures from 2014 and the red barn was there and I saw quite a bit of rooster huts in the picture too. Very organized in nice neat rows. That doesn't have anything to do with why I think CR bought it, but someone else was wondering when and who put the barn up.

Google "Civil Forfeiture Donald P. Scott" and then come back and tell me that this isn't happening.

Like I said I'm just going to agree to disagree

As not one of us know exactly what LE has or doesn't have, I see no reason to debate this...

Earlier today there was talk on here that there is a basement on Dayna's property. Maybe that's why the value is higher?

I've been reading all of this and following it and trying to make sense of it in my mind. I am wondering more about the day the murders were discovered and the family gathering at 3 am that the police interrupted to collect evidence and question the remaining living family?
I just think that whole situation seems odd. I am wondering, if half of my family was killed, the killers were on the loose, what would the rest of the family do that night after the murders? Besides the fact that the police were telling Rhodens to arm themselves? I feel like the police should have been there guarding them in a safe location. I wonder where they were? I can't even imagine how terrified I would be...UNLESS somehow I knew who did it and knew the rest of the family wasn't in danger...honestly I think I would skip town and hide or demand to spend the night at the police station. I don't know, just some thoughts.

If this had happened to my family, the survivors would have gathered somewhere and probably still been awake at 3 AM - unable to sleep. That does not strike me as strange at all.

I say this with all due respect. To be honest, it's not for you to "give her a pass." None of us knows the struggles this family faced, or what they believed in terms of how safe they were, or whether or not they felt morally okay with growing marijuana. There's no evidence to suggest that the family knowingly would place their children in danger, and I would suggest that it's more likely than not that they believed they were safe and secure. This is a hardworking family, and Dayna seemed to be doing her best to make a living and care for her children, grandchildren, and the rest of her family. In an area that's this economically suppressed, the options can be close to nothing. These days, the so-called American Dream can be so far out of reach that simply providing the basics in terms of stability (food, housing, clothing) is no longer a given even for someone who works their rear ends off. I personally don't think I would have engaged in such an enterprise, because I would be terrified of going to jail and other repercussions, but that is me. It may be that people see the marijuana laws being changed and enforcement looking the other way, and so believe that the risks are worth the rewards in terms of trying to provide for self and loved ones. I just don't know.

And this isn't meant to be directed at you. I'm upset because I just find it so gauche to engage in victim-blaming, and yes, that IS what's going on here. There's absolutely no need to try to stand in judgment of them now. These people were victims! There's nothing to be done about the mistakes they may have made. What, do you (not you individually, I mean collectively) want to dig them up and lecture them about their bad decisions? For me, getting up on a high horse about them seems incredibly myopic and judgmental. We are not in their shoes, it is not something that we CAN even judge, and it's certainly not something that we SHOULD even judge at this point. I don't think most people who are looking askance at the Rhoden family are doing so out of bad will, but I DO think most lack empathy and likely are ignorant about certain realities, which often comes from a place of privilege. I have no doubt that a lot of the crap being thrown around, whether intentionally or not, has to do with the perceived class and lifestyles of this family. I think it's much more important to have empathy and to try to gain some understanding of the root causes of such situations.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh or if it's taken personally. This is just something that means a lot to me, so much that I felt it was important to at least say something.

I don't take it personally. But, I do disagree with you.

You have to understand that the decisions made prior to all of this might possibly be the catalyst for their deaths, so it's a genuinely important thing to consider. Sure, this may not have been her idea and she might not have been down there outright joining in, but she (and CSR for sure) had to know that by allowing a criminal element into their family unit, they were taking HUGE risks with all of them. Nobody is naive enough, especially in this day in age, to think they're safe if any kind of drugs are involved, no matter how irrelevant you or I think those drugs may be. You cannot invite this kind of thing into your life and expect to come out on the other side an innocent.

Any parent worth their salt would and SHOULD be devastated knowing that they brought any kind of danger into their children's lives, regardless of their economic status, race, religion, sex, etc.

But, like I said, we don't know if this is what has happened. Maybe it was a property dispute? Maybe a family rift? Who knows. Regardless, if it does turn out to be connected to something illegal, and if it does turn out that she knew? I do not believe they deserved this. Nothing is worth this. It makes my heart ache when I think about it all. I want justice just like the rest of you. I want to know WHY..and all of this is a huge part of that.

Don't think any of it it can be discussed until the info happens to hit the media, per the TOS.

How about your questions? :)

Also, on the value of the land there ... Is there any fracking of oil/gas in that area? Many in Ohio are cashing in, or expecting to.

The oil boom has greatly diminished in the last year and was mostly located in the Eastern Ohio Counties of Noble, Belmont, Monroe, Guernsey, Harrison & Carroll which are all at least a 2-3 hour drive from Pike County. A friend of mine lived on land left to him by his parents land just happened sit next to the property where the well head was drilled for one of the top 5 producing wells in the state. His monthly royalty check for letting them go under his land was approaching $50K back during the boom. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy btw. I was really glad for him. He had nothing and got shoved out the door by his employer when he hit his early 60's. Love happy endings.

Bingo! 120k, in cash, for something the county assessor says is worth less than 52k. It wasn't just to get DR, CRjr, and HR+2 closer...they were already in one of his properties at a different location.

Maybe something else of value changed hands along with the real estate? IOW laundering? Purely speculation of course.

That really doesn't apply to DR's place does it? It looked pretty good to me and after all CR1 just gave 120k for it so it had to be valued at or near that. Removing the trailer and separating it from the additions certainly did not increase the value of that property. It really didn't apply to KR's either since his was a fifth wheel. IMO removing the CR1 and FR trailer houses probably decreased the value since both possibly could have been used as storage or outbuildings for the new owner. Just sayin'

I would think the house DR lived in was nice inside. The property was well groomed and looked good. There is no reason to think the inside was not...

JMO- The land value increased with removal of the trailers, simply because of the stigma in being this type of crime scene.

There's at least one website dedicated to identifying properties with that type of stigma.

In Ohio, that would have to be disclosed by the seller as a 'stigmatized property' or they would risk litigation.

Good spot for a grow, maybe?

The oil boom has greatly diminished in the last year and was mostly located in the Eastern Ohio Counties of Noble, Belmont, Monroe, Guernsey, Harrison & Carroll which are all at least a 2-3 hour drive from Pike County. A friend of mine lived on land left to him by his parents land just happened sit next to the property where the well head was drilled for one of the top 5 producing wells in the state. His monthly royalty check for letting them go under his land was approaching $50K back during the boom. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy btw. I was really glad for him. He had nothing and got shoved out the door by his employer when he hit his early 60's. Love happy endings.

True, there has been a lull with oil prices, but oil always comes back. Washington county was busy too for a while, same area though.

I have an idea why dayna thinks the purchase may have been so high, but probably shouldn't say either.

People do list trailers here is 1 not sure how close to that area it is but there are multiple and this one is in pretty bad shape.

https://www.mhbo.com/mobile-home/238417-846-county-road-25-pedro-oh-45659-single-wide

I'm not trying to argue, but that is a mobile home for sale by a company VMF Homes in Pedro Ohio -not close- that is selling the mobile home and just the mobile home. If that's all you can come up with to show an example of people in Piketon listing on MLS then I'm still sticking with my belief that most don't list with realtors on MLS. If someone shows me differently then I will gladly correct what I said.

If this had happened to my family, the survivors would have gathered somewhere and probably still been awake at 3 AM - unable to sleep. That does not strike me as strange at all.

Especially if the Sheriff and the State Attorney General said that the killer was still loose, was after people from my family and, oh yeah you might want to arm yourselves because we may not be able to get there in time...

I would think the house DR lived in was nice inside. The property was well groomed and looked good. There is no reason to think the inside was not...
There was a picture of the living room on FB and it looked nice enough!

I'm not trying to argue, but that is a mobile home for sale by a company VMF Homes in Pedro Ohio -not close- that is selling the mobile home and just the mobile home. If that's all you can come up with to show an example of people in Piketon listing on MLS then I'm still sticking with my belief that most don't list with realtors on MLS. If someone shows me differently then I will gladly correct what I said.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1020-Happy-Hollow-Rd_Piketon_OH_45661_M36075-85245

So that would mean the previous owner had the grow op and the CR invested to take it over?

Idk, I've just been reading the exchange, but, say my neighbor down the road wanted a new place to move his ex-wife and kids close to him, but there were none for sale. He couldn't move them into his trailer b/c his trailer was used as a business, and he just slept in one end of it. So, he and his ex decide they like my plot of land. It's close by the rest of the family and his business trailer, so it's perfect. They approach me, and I don't want to move, so I turn them down. Well, they keep coming back until they make me an offer that I just can't refuse, and I sell them my place. It's late, so I don't know if I'm in the ballpark, but, that ran through my mind.

I'm not saying your not thinking correct btw I'm just saying people do list mobile homes often I'm not from OH in fact I live in a major metro area however I've seen listings outside the city where I live. Often it's people who just used it as a getaway or even rented it out to people and no longer want to deal with it.

There's even a camper on acres for sale

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/177-Glaze-Rd_Piketon_OH_45661_M32720-32182#photo3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That one is actually a good deal. I'm surprised it's been on relator.com for 600+ days. Thanks for the examples. There seem to be a few people listing on Relator.com though I don't think they have MLS nor do I care. I still think most don't. Besides this has nothing to do with anything except for the fact that you felt the need to say I was wrong in my discussion with another poster about finding it on MLS. I mentioned it to that poster that there might not be anything to find so he doesn't waste his time. Moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo