OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure.
I know it wasn't your theory, and I think we could probably come up with several plausible theories regarding uranium.

The original theory, though, was that someone was trying to cover up contamination on that property. If I understood it correctly, that these people were killed because CR had purchased the land knowing it was contaminated, and was going to somehow profit from that knowledge. The killings prevented a large outlay of money by one of the corporations that ran the plant, or by the federal government. I can make just as good of an argument the Boy Scouts did it so they could build a new camp.

I think the sarcasm is not productive.

But which is it? We can make several plausible theories, or they would be so flimsy your Boy Scout theory would shut them down? That would make the several other theories not plausible can't have it both ways.

Mother of 3-year-old who survived Pike County shootings learns to adjust

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...-pike-county-shootings-learns-to-adjust.html#

Thanks for posting.

Good to know that little B seems unharmed by his proximity to the murders.

He asks the same question every day: Why can’t we go see Daddy?

Chelsea reminds him that his favorite weiner dog, Tater, went to heaven. And now Daddy is there, too.

“We tell him Daddy’s in the clouds working on derby cars with Jesus,” she said.

So sad.

Mother of 3-year-old who survived Pike County shootings learns to adjust

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...-pike-county-shootings-learns-to-adjust.html#

Just solidifies what I said yesterday. These people made some poor decisions, which their decisions are more than common in their area, but they weren't bad people.

To even have an ex talk about how good people are is rare these days. FR seemed like a great father. Derby car numbered after BR's birthday and everything. I think these kids were very well loved and grew up in a normal to them situation and didn't even have a second thought having their kids grow up in it.

Just because you can't understand their lifestyle doesn't make them bad people.

I love our rural life. We don't have everything. Our house is probably "junky" compared to others. But we have everything we need. Our hearts are full. We have money, but we don't care. We save it up for the next thing to make memories. The next car we want to buy. We don't take out loans. We don't use our credit cards. We try to pay for everything cash. From the outside we probably look poor because we aren't drowning in debt. We own our home, completely paid off. But we're happy. I'd never want to live in a city or suburbia. This is how I've lived my whole life.

My wanting better is to redo the inside of my house, eventually the outside, nothing extravagant. Maybe put in a permanent driveway, a better riding mower, build a bigger garage. A better garden. Simple things.

Here is my two cents... BJM stated in her interview that FR was on his back.. And HG was in the fetal position. Could it be that possibly one person startled them from the door while the other was at the window ready to shoot? Reason I'm asking is because they say they were shot in the head. BJM said she didn't see where they were shot and only seen a lot of blood. This leads me to believe FR was possibly shot from behind since she seen no gun shot wounds visible from the front. Could HR possibly have been in the fetal position protecting her son and not nursing as BJM thought? It would make sense if he was shot first and it scared her. Also I've seen a video from their bedroom where their bed was pushed against a wall and the head of the bed was along another wall... But I can't remember where the windows were other than one which was behind FR in the video. Hoep Im allowed to speak of seeing the video. I'm not sure if I am.

As long as the video was released by a real news source (i.e. newspaper/TV vs somebody on youtube) you are okay.

I think their positions indicate just what the AG and Sheriff said, "they were shot in their sleep". JMO.

My word... It's horrifying to imagine that someone could disregard a patient's wellbeing like that and still be able to sleep at night.

(Don't get me wrong... I know it happens everywhere. It's just such a sad picture to envision and really sad to think about.)

I would pop a CNA in the jaw (with a quickness!) if one of my family members had dementia and I suspected he/she was switching out their medication for some generic over-the-counter 200mg pain reliever.

Not to take the thread off topic even further, but there have been cases where patients were abused by the staff and the family had to install cameras. This one was just 20 minutes from my hometown. In fact, I'll be past where it used to be when I go shopping today. Disgusting!

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2013/06/06/zanesville-autumn-nursing-home-shut-down.html

Just solidifies what I said yesterday. These people made some poor decisions, which their decisions are more than common in their area, but they weren't bad people.

To even have an ex talk about how good people are is rare these days. FR seemed like a great father. Derby car numbered after BR's birthday and everything. I think these kids were very well loved and grew up in a normal to them situation and didn't even have a second thought having their kids grow up in it.

Just because you can't understand their lifestyle doesn't make them bad people.

I love our rural life. We don't have everything. Our house is probably "junky" compared to others. But we have everything we need. Our hearts are full. We have money, but we don't care. We save it up for the next thing to make memories. The next car we want to buy. We don't take out loans. We don't use our credit cards. We try to pay for everything cash. From the outside we probably look poor. But we're happy. I'd never want to live in a city or suburbia. This is how I've lived my whole life.

My wanting better is to redo the inside of my house, eventually the outside, nothing extravagant. Maybe put in a permanent driveway, a better riding mower, build a bigger garage. A better garden. Simple things.

I think I just found my soul sister :dance:

Mom also worked/works at the campground :thinking:

Where I grew up there was a campground that everyone and their mothers worked at some point or another. You could start at 12 bussing tables of trays after meals. Not many jobs in rural areas. To me the BBL and everyone working there at some point isn't that odd to me.. Especially if CRsr helped get his kids jobs there, etc. Not many options in rural areas, especially when you are young.

With that said, I'm not saying there couldn't be something hinky with the owner and CRsr or whatever, but I think everyone working there is pretty unremarkable.

JMO.

DR's new house is just over the Scioto line. We've known along that there was a crime scene there....so my question is is there a fourth scene in Pike county?

I was thinking it was the one on LFR. That barn that is on the video is the one at the location right down the road from KR's residence. It is also a Rhoden property. It appears to be just right at the county line.

All we know for sure that they found was 200 pot plants growing indoors. That will, on a really good grow, maybe net them 80k. The more plants you have, the more you have to go wrong, and the more work that there is. If you have 10 plants in one growing box and one gets a disease, you've lost all 10. It's like any other type of farming, some crops are great, others not so much. So, say they net 80k three times per year. That's 240k annually to be divided between everyone involved. We figure that there are at least three, most likely four, individuals involved. So that breaks it down to $60k net, per year per person, if there's four of them. Demolition derby is an expensive hobby. A lot of folks would rather spend money on their hobbies, having fun w/their families, and live a simple, non-extravagant life.

There are so many variables when growing this stuff, you can't possibly guess what they were capable of making because it fluctuates so much. If they were dealing with an indoor type area, even the wattage of their lighting systems can alter the yield of each plant. You're right about it being like farming anything else....between disease, pests and, if outdoors, weather conditions, there really is no way of knowing exactly how much profit each crop can generate at harvest.

I know DS said that when he found KR, he saw some plants in "trays" in an outbuilding of some kind. Could it be they weren't so much as harvesting it as they were selling clones to other folks for growing? My understanding is that this can be a fairly profitable thing to do. Plant genetics plays a huge roll in how its value once its harvested.....and a good clone can bring in some serious money.

and she gives this interview in front of the child. why are the other 2 children in states care?

Well, the 6 month olds parents are both deceased. And the 4 day old may only have had Mom listed as parent on the birth certificate, if a birth certificate had even been filed yet. The state is going to ensure the children are safe.

So am I reading it right that CSR overpaid on property by right around 60,000.00 PLUS based on the value at the tax auditors office? Is there any chance the previous owners could have had it surveyed maybe and the value went up?

Does anyone know if the previous owner was a relative of any kind? I can see this as being a weird attempt at maybe handing some money off to someone else for safe keeping to make it appear as if it's a land purchase. Honestly, I have no idea how the heck doing something like that would even work.

And, just to brainstorm further...why if you're making enough money to be able to have that kind of cash around, how are you not living a little better as far as living conditions are concerned? 120 grand is nothing to shake a stick at. A friend of mine just bought around 130 acres in some beautiful country for around 150,000 to use as hunting grounds and, eventually, they will probably build on it. Maybe he had plans for it for the future, other than using it for something less than legal? I still don't see how anyone could overpay that much for land when the value is assessed as being much less than that. Surely he wouldn't have been that bad at purchasing land, right? He would know the ins and outs of the purchasing process?

Could simply be that the auditor's office entered it into the computer wrong too. CR paid $60K for both parcels, the person doing the data entry enters lot one, gets to the price, enters 60000. Goes to lunch, comes back does the second parcel, how much did it sell for? Looks down, enters 60000.

Simple explanations can often be closest to the truth.

This thread has gotten long. Time to start fresh with Thread #13

Please begin moving over. This one will close in ten minutes or so.

Well, the 6 month olds parents are both deceased. And the 4 day old may only have had Mom listed as parent on the birth certificate, if a birth certificate had even been filed yet. The state is going to ensure the children are safe.

no grand parents? or other relatives? Children have had enough trauma with out the state taking them.
I would be having a fit if it was my grand baby.

So family loses 8 family members, loses the 2 little ones to the state, gets accused of killing them all, life style banished around. then they get to watch the properties tore up and the trailers hauled away. Lose all those cars.

The family left has become victims and are being robbed by the state.

no grand parents? or other relatives? Children have had enough trauma with out the state taking them.
I would be having a fit if it was my grand baby.

So family loses 8 family members, loses the 2 little ones to the state, gets accused of killing them all, life style banished around. then they get to watch the properties tore up and the trailers hauled away. Lose all those cars.

The family left has become victims and are being robbed by the state.

They aren't just going to hand them over to someone else without ensuring their safety. Remember when this happened and they were concerned others could be targeted from the family? Makes sense. That's not how it works. And just because they are in "state services" doesn't mean that a family member didn't apply for emergency foster care to be able to care for them, that would still be under state services.

And *IF* HR was the only parent listed on the birth certificate, the grandparents are deceased. They don't just go down a line in the family for kids.

You mean BR? I guess it totally could be -- I wasn't sure if that's what this video ( http://m.whio.com/videos/news/new-p.../vDqhhQ/?ecmp=whiotv_social_facebook_2014_sfp) was referring to or not. For some reason I thought he was a lot closer (500 yds) and that this was 1-2 miles away from LFR based on what the poster wrote. Maybe I misread though!

EDIT: Never mind, I was under the impression that this was a new video from this past Friday, not one from April 22. I still don't get why he is saying fifth location though, if that is DR's place, which would be the fourth.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
That barn looks like the location of the relative up the road from KR. Of course barns can look similar. If it is though, KR, DR, CR1, FR, and then this location would make five. They didn't say anyone was deceased at that location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue