OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That if I'm not mistaken is the barn at the fork of Left Fork Road, just up the road from Kenneth Rhoden's murder scene. It is in Pike County. It is where the news reporter is reporting from but is not the 5th location which is "just across the Scioto County border". There's a few locations that would qualify as "just across the border" that are associated with people who are close to the Rhodens..

...and that's all I can say.

I had scoped it out, and felt the reporter may have misspoke, b/c it is only .3 of a mile from the Scioto County line. Either way, I think it is one of the five locations. It is just too coincidental that he's standing in front of that particular barn.

Regarding the $60k thing, I'm reasonably confident that's the sales price for both parcels combined and it seems to match its value. As has been mentioned, it's the same date, 2 parcels, and same deed # listed on the auditor's site.

I am 20+ miles from here but in a different county. My in-laws bought a place around here about 10 years ago. When I search their records on the auditor's site, there are four parcels shown. Their records appear just like this one - all four parcels list $57k as the sales price. I know for certain that was the total they paid, not $228k.

So if you are correct the property was valued at or near what he paid for it.Therefore removing the residence off the property would cause the value of it to go down not up. So back to my original question. If LE planned to seize the property for illegal activities why remove the trailers and devalue the property. Why not just auction them off where they stand?

I figured the cars they removed were stolen, but in keeping with the uranium theory a few posts back, could they be removing everything off these properties because it's contaminated?

Maybe I am so befuddled by this case I am keeping company with the Martians. lol

I honestly don't think they were bad people at all, never have. Even if all the illegal stuff was going on I believe they were just doing what they had to, in order to take care of their own. I also in no shape or form believe the kids were abused and deserve the right to grow up within the family. My mother lives in the middle of nowhere until recently she didn't even have a street address it was simply at Rt and a box # and while I hated growing up and moved as soon as I could she wouldn't move if you paid her. When she even comes to visit me she stays over an hour away in the middle of nowhere and rents a cabin or mobile home. I believe they were most likely a pretty typical family for the area. Honestly I wish they would've never even released the information reguarding a grow or *advertiser censored* fighting until they knew for sure if that was even a motive, or they had someone in custody. I believe that became too much of a focus instead of 8 people's life's. I'm not one to believe in conspiracy theories and such but if this doesn't get solved I think I may seriously think they used the grow as some big cover up to blame the cartel, which I'm positive had no involvement in this case. What they would be covering up idk but I do know it was not the cartel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think most people are truly difficult to categorize as good or bad people--even criminals. In this case some important context is that marijuana has been the most lucrative crop for some time. Illegal or not, it's a business. Because it's illegal, however, it connects to some unsavory people and practices.

I agree w/that theory too, or maybe more than one, had been mixed up in some things they shouldn't have, and the Rhodens were fixing to get busted and he figured they'd narc on him. People have done pretty bad things to keep from going to prison for a long period of time. As far as the dogs, I don't really see them as a huge problem. A lot of times people misjudge the ferocity of their dogs. Most dog's barks are much worse than their bites. These dogs were probably used to seeing a lot of foot traffic in and out too. I've said it before, but I've seen programs, where they had people on, who were sure their dogs would defend their homes, and bite an intruder, but the dog either hid, just sat there, or followed the intruder around and barked incessantly. Not one dog actually bit anyone.

But the barking should've alerted the victims even if the dogs didn't bite the perps IMO.

People are making too much of the dogs imo. A juicy steak with a strong sedative would easily take care of the dogs. LE probably should've taken blood samples from the dogs that first morning.

If they were drugged, it's a pretty big clue that it was someone not well known to the family most likely.

Just what are these super-fast acting sedatives the dogs were given? It's rather unlikely that the killer waited patiently for each dog to be outside and then was able to give each dog the sedative laced treat and then wait around some more for the sedative to work on each dog. As a theory it simply doesn't hold much water.

Distracting the dogs temporarily with a meaty bone or very large piece of meat, maybe. That's a lot more plausible, but you still have to factor in that every dog is different and you can't count on each dog needing X amount of time to eat a steak, even a large one. As a momentary distraction it would probably work, beyond that it's a pretty big gamble.

Regarding the dogs, I think the most likely scenario is that the two dogs with CRsr/GR were put outside either by CRsr/GR to accommodate a "visitor", or by a "visitor" who was familiar enough with the dogs to not be worried about them.

I think "Brownie" the dog at KRs was either kenneled/tethered outside (maybe guarding the weed?), or again, the killer was either let in by KR or was someone already familiar with KR & Brownie. According to DS he was asked by LE to get Brownie so that they could investigate the scene, but we don't know if that was just a case of LE asking him to get the dog because he was in their way or because he was acting protectively and they were being cautious.

Remember, the comments about the dogs in general being vicious and that they'd 'tear you up' were made by LM. I'm sorry, but LM says a lot of things and I am in no way taking his word for the temperaments (or breeds) of any of the dogs involved.

The amount of people taking up for them regarding their way of life baffles me. I've lived here all my life and there is absolutely nothing wrong with being country. I don't care how much money people have, I don't judge anyone based on that but they were involved in some incredibly shady and illegal activities that (more than likely) cost them their lives. As a parent, it's my job to protect my children and raise them in a healthy environment. The whole "they were just trying to provide for their family" excuse is lame. I know plenty of people here who work their butts off with legit jobs to provide for their family and don't have to resort to questionable methods. I just can't get on board with that way of thinking I guess. Maybe I lack compassion, empathy, etc. Not sure.
I guess my point - no one is bashing them for being poor- I know I'm not. But I don't agree with their way of life and I can't ignore that just because of what happened.

The thing is unless you know every single detail of these people's life that have these legit jobs and work their butts off you honestly have no idea what they may do on the side and might be surprised, with what you could find.

This seems to be the case with this family they had "legit jobs" CNA, Carpenter, Saw Mill are legit jobs and highly possible that their close friends said the exact same thing about them. Jmo

So if you are correct the property was valued at or near what he paid for it.Therefore removing the residence off the property would cause the value of it to go down not up. So back to my original question. If LE planned to seize the property for illegal activities why remove the trailers and devalue the property. Why not just auction them off where they stand?

I figured the cars they removed were stolen, but in keeping with the uranium theory a few posts back, could they be removing everything off these properties because it's contaminated?

Maybe I am so befuddled by this case I am keeping company with the Martians. lol

As I posted in the previous thread, removing the stigmatized homes (murder sites), can only help the property value, IMO.

I wouldn't want to store anything or use those trailers for anything. I wouldn't even want them for scrap, personally.

I had scoped it out, and felt the reporter may have misspoke, b/c it is only .3 of a mile from the Scioto County line. Either way, I think it is one of the five locations. It is just too coincidental that he's standing in front of that particular barn.

Not really. He was reporting from as close as he could get to the KR scene which is just down that road beyond the SO vehicles. He had just received word that investigators were searching a 5th location just over the border in Scioto County. The vehicles are there blocking the road. If that was the 5th location, there would have been 1) crime scene tape, 2) many more LE vehicles and 3) the road would have been blocked back closer to the fork. They would not have allowed a reporter to be practically standing in the middle of a scene that they were searching.

I don't think he misspoke at all, but of course that's JMO.

I've seen men just like LM say "those dogs will eat you up!", and I could walk right up and pet the same dogs. I hate to see a dog in chains, btw.

I've had dogs take to me right away and the owners are amazed saying they've never liked any stranger. One even tried to get on my lap, the big horse!

State laws vary, but in some states, if someone dies without a Will, anyone can step in and administer the estate in probate court. They may have had to move quickly, though the article doesn't specify probate.

It's says they have started probate paperwork, which I took to mean hired a lawyer to file for probate, as I feel that very few people would try to fill out probate paperwork themselves. I know I wouldn't. But I could be wrong. JMO

Should/ can Chelsea Robinson's statements of being there until 10:30p on Thursday night and receiving the call about the murders at 8:14AM be added to the timeline of events with the media link be added? I don't know how to, if it should/ can be added.

It's says they have started probate paperwork, which I took to mean hired a lawyer to file for probate, as I feel that very few people would try to fill out probate paperwork themselves. I know I wouldn't. But I could be wrong. JMO

My mistake, I looked closely before and swear I didn't see that. I only saw "started paperwork", but probate is there.

In this case, I'd say an attorney is a must have, but I've only done probate myself for one person, not 8.

If Ohio law is what I mentioned earlier, I could've already stepped in as Administrator. I think that has much to do with the timing of their filings.

The reporter in the video is standing outside the barn just down the road from KR's, there is no doubt in my mind. If that is actually the property for which the warrant was given, Idk.

https://goo.gl/maps/Vzuh4JLUnDz

(http://m.whio.com/videos/news/new-p.../vDqhhQ/?ecmp=whiotv_social_facebook_2014_sfp)

Definitely seems like that is the barn. It is weird that they say in the video that the road was blocked off in four directions. I wonder how much/how far down it was blocked off?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

The thing is unless you know every single detail of these people's life that have these legit jobs and work their butts off you honestly have no idea what they may do on the side and might be surprised, with what you could find.

This seems to be the case with this family they had "legit jobs" CNA, Carpenter, Saw Mill are legit jobs and highly possible that their close friends said the exact same thing about them. Jmo

Exactly. I know people that grow pot and with their professions and lifestyle you would absolutely never suspect it. Ever. They are highly respected. Even on the town board. If this were to heaven forbid ever happen to them you would have almost every single person in town in disbelief. Much like most of the people around the Rhoden's reacted.

I work in healthcare. We have some highly respected individuals that have interesting past times.

Everyone has their closet of skeletons. Some people hide it better than others.

The mobile home has very little value on paper even if it weren't a murder scene. The improvements on the property (electric, septic, water, driveway and barn/garage) is where the value is. I have nothing against mobile homes, I've lived in them and they're comfortable, inexpensive homes. Utilities are low, taxes are low. But what I think and what the value is on paper are two different things. If the family would want to resell the property, realistically they would have to take into consideration what the buyer would have to pay to have the trailer removed which IMO is more than it's value.

My mistake, I looked closely before and swear I didn't see that. I only saw "started paperwork", but probate is there.

In this case, I'd say an attorney is a must have, but I've only done probate myself for one person, not 8.

If Ohio law is what I mentioned earlier, I could've already stepped in as Administrator. I think that has much to do with the timing of their filings.

In other words to beat the Manleys to the punch? Could be.

I still feel the motive to this lies in those cars. I cannot even imagine LE towing them as evidence unless they are an important part of this case. I also think greed is at the bottom of it. As they always say, follow the money. Could CR1 and KR have had a partner? IDK

I still feel the motive to this lies in those cars. I cannot even imagine LE towing them as evidence unless they are an important part of this case. I also think greed is at the bottom of it. As they always say, follow the money. Could CR1 and KR have had a partner? IDK

LE greed

But the barking should've alerted the victims even if the dogs didn't bite the perps IMO.

But, if your dog barks at everything, (which a lot of dogs do, especially coon dogs, and/or tied dogs, and there were several tied dogs at CR1s., then you get to a point that you don't pay much attention to them. It's just like having a gun won't always guarantee your safety. I'd about bet my paycheck that each of these homes had, at the very least, one firearm in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva