OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do agree that they were familiar with them. I also agree that dogs will bark differently at different situations. I've got one, that rarely barks at all, she prefers to scope things out silently. If she growls or barks, then I know she's not happy about something. The other dogs will bark at just about anything and all of their barks are different. So, the only thing that really alerts me, is if I hear the one dog that normally does NOT bark, actually bark or growl.

I've heard the old saying, the dog that barks, doesn't bite, or vice versa. (don't think the saying really pertains to dogs) It can go either way really, I wouldn't push it with a snarling barking dog.

I've been visiting and had quiet little darlings bite me on the leg as I step out the door too.

My home was emptied once, on Thanksgiving no less, my eat'em up dogs were distracted by the female dog that the thieves brought with them.

Recap of Week 3 Pike County developments. And investigators say their plea for video DID help bring in clips. dispatch.com/content/storie…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This article says that the Rhodens have already started probate on the property.

Click here: Investigators to relocate mobile homes where Rhoden family found dead
Unless Ohio has some "funky" probate laws, or there's a will, or something else we don't know about, the "Rhoden family" shouldn't have a claim on any of the property associated with Chris Sr, Dana, Frankie, or Hanna(h) Rhoden. They all have direct line heirs. The only possible exception might be any portion that Chris Jr. may have been entitled too, could possibly go to "others" such as aunts, uncles, Grandma Rhoden, etc.

Edited to say the following: If some family members are listed as part owners of any property, then they still own that portion or percentage of the property, and only the part of the property owned by anyone deceased would be passed on to heirs. Now, with that being said, it could also depend on how a deed is specifically written, such as if the word "and" or "or" was used, etc.

My mistake, I looked closely before and swear I didn't see that. I only saw "started paperwork", but probate is there.

In this case, I'd say an attorney is a must have, but I've only done probate myself for one person, not 8.

If Ohio law is what I mentioned earlier, I could've already stepped in as Administrator. I think that has much to do with the timing of their filings.

Ohio Law:

When appointing an administrator of the estate, Ohio law requires that the court ordinarily appoint the surviving spouse of the decedent, of if none, or if the spouse declines, the court will appoint one of the next of kin of the decedent. The administrator must be an Ohio resident. If there is no surviving spouse or next of kin resident of the state, or if the court finds such person(s) to be unsuitable, some other suitable person will be appointed as administrator.

She dropped Brentley off at the Union Hill Road trailer Thursday night, and says she visited until maybe about 10:30 p.m.: “I told Brentley and all of them same thing as always: ‘Love you guys. Be careful.'” http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...-pike-county-shootings-learns-to-adjust.html#

I haven't read back on the last thread, so not sure if anyone's ask this, but why would she tell them to be careful? Did they know they were in dangerous or potential trouble? We've already assumed Dana moved closer for a reason, but it's not a normal thing to leave people with the last thought of "be careful".

"He had been inside the trailer when his father was killed in the bed, but Chelsea assumes he was on the couch like always and slept through it all." So the killers probably walked right past him, yet killed Hannah with a baby beside her, so they hit their targets ordered by someone. IMO

BTW, I'm so glad he was normally with his mother, because all this time I thought Frankie had him full time. One thing that hits me with this family even in breakups and divorce they still stayed in contact with them for the kids. I can't imagine what Chelsea is going through knowing how this could've been a whole different story. It's all so sad.

Unless Ohio has some "funky" probate laws, or there's a will, or something else we don't know about, the "Rhoden family" shouldn't have a claim on any of the property associated with Chris Sr, Dana, Frankie, or Hanna(h) Rhoden. They all have direct line heirs. The only possible exception might be any portion that Chris Jr. may have been entitled too, could possibly go to "others" such as aunts, uncles, Grandma Rhoden, etc.

Maybe the property owned by Chris senior et al has some kind of provision for it to go to the surviving co-owners (what used to be called a tontine). Otherwise, I agree the Rhodens get nothing without a will to that effect.

Here are the Ohio intestacy rules:

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2105.06

It looks like Chris junior's property, if any, goes to the children of his siblings.

I haven't read back on the last thread, so not sure if anyone's ask this, but why would she tell them to be careful? Did they know they were in dangerous or potential trouble? We've already assumed Dana moved closer for a reason, but it's not a normal thing to leave people with the last thought of "be careful".

"He had been inside the trailer when his father was killed in the bed, but Chelsea assumes he was on the couch like always and slept through it all." So the killers probably walked right past him, yet killed Hannah with a baby beside her, so they hit their targets ordered by someone. IMO

I think "be careful" is just a figure of speech.

It does sound as if this killing was carried out pretty quietly/quickly if little B didn't wake at all. I'm so glad he didn't actually experience the trauma of witnessing it fully.

If hubby walks next door to his moms, I tell him to be careful. It's mostly habit for me.

I am going out to the north 40 with this case one more time.

Those cars are the only thing that LE has admitted were evidence except for the crime scenes themselves. Since 150 cars cannot all be the crime scene, I can only assume they are the motive, or a big part of it.

I also think the reason LE is so tight-lipped is because it is local and they do not want to tip their hand by giving the killer a heads up on what they have. That being said I think they killer is of the "big fish in a small pond variety." So I think LE is being very careful to get everything they need to prosecute before making the arrest because the killer has the money to hire a "Dream Team" defense team. Also I think they are being careful not to step on toes or ruffle feathers.

I also feel that the killer had money to hire this done so the actual murders were done by ex-military and /or ex-police.

Given that the cars are evidence it follows the used car lots they were being sold on are also involved.

That leads us in several directions to the assumption that the owner of those used car lots have mucho $$$$ invested. If those dollars were threatened in any way (e.g. being ripped off for payment, someone threatening to go to LE) then it could possibly lead to murder of everyone involved so that no one was left to testify.
JMO

I like looking at the cars--since they have been taken as evidence. I hadn't thought so much of a major resale connection through used car lots. Partly because I thought there were comments indicating that Dana was reselling cars online.

What I have wondered, and still do, is whether any of the cars were linked to any crimes in some of the likely urban distrubution markets. In the cities drugs link to gangs link to competition link to drive-by disciplinary actions. And it's prudent to use a stolen vehicle and dump it far and fast. If the car work was semi legit to begin with, and assuming the drug product was leaving the county in wholesale lots, well a marriage of convenience in tranforming hot cars from time to time might have been born. Tracing the cars back to a crime elsewhere could be providing a link to a larger organization with some business motive to eradicate the Rhodens. Jmo.

Good question. Myself, I don't know without reviewing Ohio law.

We also don't know if probate was filed on all the properties, or just DR's. Maybe the LM's have stepped in to stop the others? Assuming there was no Will. A move like that may be an indicator of distrust in the others?

The LM's you are referring to I guess is probably the Manleys and they have zero say in anything because DR had decedents.

DR and CR estates will be spilt 4 ways between the 4 grandchildren. I suspect that not all 4 mothers/fathers would have interest in it and some might sell or get rid of their 1/4 share among them. 1/4 of what CR owned which I believe was 5/8 of the et al

KR portion will be split 3 ways. I think he has 3 kids but can't remember. 1/3 of KR et al portion. KR owned 1/8

The other two Rhoden siblings owned 1/8 each.

GR is in Kentucky and has no right to any of the properties. He has his own estate there I guess and I believe it would go to his father.

So the break it down, the et al properties will be split 9 ways now instead of the 4 that it currently is. Originally the properties were split 8 ways among Clarence kids. It's not that complicated except CR owned more interest in the properties than the other 3 brothers because the sisters sold their shares to CR. So CR grandchildren will have majority of the property.

Hope that makes sense.

I think "be careful" is just a figure of speech.

It does sound as if this killing was carried out pretty quietly/quickly if little B didn't wake at all. I'm so glad he didn't actually experience the trauma of witnessing it fully.
I agree, it's probably her habit (and she all but says so). It's not worth parsing for hidden meaning, IMO. ;)

Was looking at the barn in the google maps link above ^. Came across the post about the pond.^ Moved around in the google maps link and I think behind the barn to the left is possibly that pond?

Screenshot:

Y2nNSVe.jpg

That is the pond I was thinking of and HR lived there.

She dropped Brentley off at the Union Hill Road trailer Thursday night, and says she visited until maybe about 10:30 p.m.: “I told Brentley and all of them same thing as always: ‘Love you guys. Be careful.'” http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...-pike-county-shootings-learns-to-adjust.html#

BTW, I'm so glad he was normally with his mother, because all this time I thought Frankie had him full time. One thing that hits me with this family even in breakups and divorce they still stayed in contact with them for the kids. I can't imagine what Chelsea is going through knowing how this could've been a whole different story. It's all so sad.

I don't find be careful that odd. If I'm leaving my house and know the kids and husband are going out to do something I'll tell them I love them and be careful. Maybe they were going to go fishing or something the next day. She also said that's what she always said. It could just be habit. Maybe normally FR picked BR up and she would tell them to be careful when they left, like my husband says to me every time I walk out of the house. That's usually the last words he says to me as I'm walking out the door, and sometimes the last ones I say to him and my kids.

I think we get frustrated with lack of information and pick apart things that probably aren't relevant.

I've heard the old saying, the dog that barks, doesn't bite, or vice versa. (don't think the saying really pertains to dogs) It can go either way really, I wouldn't push it with a snarling barking dog.

I've been visiting and had quiet little darlings bite me on the leg as I step out the door too.

My home was emptied once, on Thanksgiving no less, my eat'em up dogs were distracted by the female dog that the thieves brought with them.

My favorite (for humans or dogs) is, The guiltiest dog barks the loudest. That one pretty much holds true for humans most times. lol

The LM's you are referring to I guess is probably the Manleys and they have zero say in anything because DR had decedents.

DR and CR estates will be spilt 4 ways between the 4 grandchildren. I suspect that not all 4 mothers/fathers would have interest in it and some might sell or get rid of their 1/4 share among them. 1/4 of what CR owned which I believe was 5/8 of the et al

KR portion will be split 3 ways. I think he has 3 kids but can't remember. 1/3 of KR et al portion. KR owned 1/8

The other two Rhoden siblings owned 1/8 each.

GR is in Kentucky and has no right to any of the properties. He has his own estate there I guess and I believe it would go to his father.

So the break it down, the et al properties will be split 9 ways now instead of the 4 that it currently is. Originally the properties were split 8 ways among Clarence kids. It's not that complicated except CR owned more interest in the properties than the other 3 brothers because the sisters sold their shares to CR. So CR grandchildren will have majority of the property.

Hope that makes sense.

I forgot to add that CR has the other two properties he owns by himself. So the grandchildren will split that. DR didn't own any property at all so I'm not sure why anyone thought that it was DR that the probate documents would have been started with. As far as the grandchildren, the Court will most likely appoint someone neutral such as a lawyer for this kids since they are under 18. They would probably just appoint one person to represent all 4 kids. I think there might possibly be some arguments and fighting over all this cause I suspect several Rhodens want in on the property or things on the property and legally it belongs to FR kids and HR kids if no wills.

I forgot to add that CR has the other two properties he owns by himself. So the grandchildren will split that. DR didn't own any property at all so I'm not sure why anyone thought that it was DR that the probate documents would have been started with. As far as the grandchildren, the Court will most likely appoint someone neutral such as a lawyer for this kids since they are under 18. They would probably just appoint one person to represent all 4 kids. I think there might possibly be some arguments and fighting over all this cause I suspect several Rhodens want in on the property or things on the property and legally it belongs to FR kids and HR kids if no wills.
If Dana owned any property or not has nothing to do with "her estate". Her estate (as well as all others) could include cars, savings accounts, bank accounts, possibly life insurance (maybe she had one through work?), etc. Absolutely anything that she owned, is part of her estate. It's possible that each individual person could have to have their estate probated. I would think in this case that it might be easier (if allowed by law) for the estate of all of the Chris Sr./Dana family to be sorted out together.

I've been morbidly fascinated by their occupations. I work at a crosstie/switchtie plant and we get ties from Peebles and Piketon sawmills on a weekly basis. I unload those railcars and have always put an imaginary face to the people on the other end.

It's strange to think that one of those guys could've been the one on the other end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow