OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've definitely believed that this murder investigation has sparked many other investigations, and could potentially be assisting with other ongoing investigations. My personal opinion is that they have their hands way full and are trying not to jeopardize any of the (likely multiple) ongoing investigations. JMO.

True, I think the vehicles are part of an investigation, but not connected to why the victims were killed, unless the same people were part of a car sales and drug involvement. I've not heard of the other two families having their vehicles taken, but the Rhodens being killed is what's caused LE to see if all three families are connected by people they were involved.

The one connecting dot to all three families is drugs, and being executed in bed for some of them in each family.

Knowing that Chris Sr. was the one who was shot the most times brings a lot of other facts into focus for me. He and Gary were, I believe, shot first and I don't think it was pre-planned given the messy crime scene in two rooms, the dragging of the bodies, the number of shots, etc. I think more than one person went there to conduct drug-related business (buying, selling, warning off competition, or the like). Things got heated, shots were fired, Chris and Gary were murdered. The murderers said "oh, $#%$" and tried to clean up the scene by dragging the bodies into a back room. Then they realized that other people knew of their existence/relationship to Chris/Gary, and calmed down and made a plan to get rid of all of them. Kenneth was the last one they murdered and by then, I think they had a half-baked idea to make it look like a "cartel" or gang killing so they left the money. I know the AG said they went to great lengths to cover their tracks; what he didn't say was that they were actually any good at covering their tracks. I think LE knows who it is, has had them under surveillance, and arrests/indictments are forthcoming. And I don't think familial suspects and drug suspects are necessarily mutually exclusive in this case.

While I think it's likely CRs to be shot the greatest number of times. I don't think we have confirmation until LE releases it. Sources can be wrong and with this case we have heard tons of things from different sources that are supposed to be close to the case. So while I will consider the article I will just file it away for the wait and see category.

Yes, there were connections in the past, but we also have nothing saying that it is what was going on here either. Just like we don't have anything saying it isn't. My opinion is that 200 plants would be a lot of work to be in the same cycle, the growing, the drying, the trimming. Sure, it's possible, especially if everyone "working on cars" and "feeding animals" was helping with the plants.. But they clearly did have cars to work on.. And animals to feed. I tend to lean towards the 200 were not being grown on the same cycle. Because if they were, they'd have a lot of time with no product. I just suspect they weren't as big as some are making them out to be. That's JMO.

I agree if it was an indoor grow. 200 plants from seed (vs. clones) in a cycle is not all that large if you are doing an outdoor grow though. You figure a large portion will be male and will be pulled in July/August when they show sex. Then figure 1 for the deer, 1 for the disease and 1 for the grower would leave 30-50 mature females at the end. Quite a bit of trimming, but not unmanageable.

Just my thoughts on the probate business.1. When my ex passed his mother was in charge of his estate. I was his ex. This didn't mean she could run rampant with estate it just meant she was in charge to sign paoerwork and make sure it was all split up and spent properly. 2. When my brother passed he had 2 young adult children and 1 minor child. He was recently divorced. My mom or his 2 older children could have been put in charge but the court takes into consideration age and responsibility. We all agreed his exwife was best suited. The court went with our decision. All it gave her the power to do is sign papers and make sure everything was taken care of properly. No way in either case is the person in charge allowed to just take the money or sell properties and blow it for themselves. In the case of minor children there are guidelines on how any money can be spent. For instance as a mother I could petition the estate for a vehicle to drive my kids to school but would have been turned down because the vehicle was profiting me not the kids. (Not that I ever did that but I did sit in court and watch a judge explain to a lady why she couldn't have money for a car) IMO grandma Rhoden will be the one handling the kids inheritance unless the families come together and choose a person and present a united front. Or the court will appoint a person. The surviving parents grandparents can object if they think money is being misspent but they have to prove it because records are to be kept.

The court will most likely appoint a guardianship for the children that will be in charge of handling any assets until they are of age. This could be a family member or even a local attorney. Any monies spent would need to be justifiable and accounted for.

I agree if it was an indoor grow. 200 plants from seed (vs. clones) in a cycle is not all that large if you are doing an outdoor grow though. You figure a large portion will be male and will be pulled in July/August when they show sex. Then figure 1 for the deer, 1 for the disease and 1 for the grower would leave 30-50 mature females at the end. Quite a bit of trimming, but not unmanageable.

But then you are also looking at far less product in that way too. It could be possible with help. It can take my friend up to 2 days for trimming of 2 plants. Granted they are pretty thorough and intricate since they run a dispensary. We really don't know the quality or the time they put into trimming it. I know someone else that acts like it's going outside and picking some weeds (no pun intended).

Ok I gotta ask. How do you tell a male plant from a female plant? I grow a lot of flowers but they all look the same to me. lol

You figure a large portion will be male and will be pulled in July/August when they show sex.

What does pulled mean?

Why would you leave the mature female plant?

Geez, I am totally ignorant about marijuana. Wouldn't do for me to try to make any money growing it.

Also from that piece:

Who got rid of this, and why?

The roadside memorial was most likely removed by either

1) LE as part of their investigation; you'd be surprised at the type of things people leave at memorials and it's possible that LE wanted to see if anyone left anything that might be useful.

or
2) the highway department may have removed it; many states consider these makeshift roadside memorials to be a safety hazard and remove them routinely

My guess is option #2, but with this case who knows.

But then you are also looking at far less product in that way too. It could be possible with help. It can take my friend up to 2 days for trimming of 2 plants. Granted they are pretty thorough and intricate since they run a dispensary. We really don't know the quality or the time they put into trimming it. I know someone else that acts like it's going outside and picking some weeds (no pun intended).

Ok what does trimming mean? Pruning, like shrubs?

Ok I gotta ask. How do you tell a male plant from a female plant? I grow a lot of flowers but they all look the same to me. lol

You figure a large portion will be male and will be pulled in July/August when they show sex.

What does pulled mean?

Geez, I am totally ignorant about marijuana. Wouldn't do for me to try to make any money growing it.

The male plants get little pollen sacs beneath their leaf nodes, while the females will show fine hairs. The males show sex earlier than the females and are pulled because if they pollinate the female she will start to produce seed which lowers the potency of the final product.

Anyone having trouble with Thread #13 besides me? Cannot go forward for some reason 😢

What does pulled mean?

Ok what does trimming mean? Pruning, like shrubs?

Males will cause the females to have seeds. Don't want seeds. Seeds suck. Males show sooner than females so you pull the males - - like get rid of them - to not interrupt your good female plants.

Trimming is trimming all the buds off of the plants and trimming the stems down and the leaves around the buds. Nobody wants to pay for a bag of stems, seeds, and leaves.

True, I think the vehicles are part of an investigation, but not connected to why the victims were killed, unless the same people were part of a car sales and drug involvement. I've not heard of the other two families having their vehicles taken, but the Rhodens being killed is what's caused LE to see if all three families are connected by people they were involved.

The one connecting dot to all three families is drugs, and being executed in bed for some of them in each family.

e8555caa70d273497b5cebf90b053f1a.jpg

Pretty sure some of the cars were directly related in some way.

Recap of Week 3 Pike County developments. And investigators say their plea for video DID help bring in clips. dispatch.com/content/storie…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry, but can you link that again? I can't find the story referencing the video plea. Thanks!

I'm still stuck on cars being the connecting dots. But I definitely can't ignore the drugs.

Knowing that Chris Sr. was the one who was shot the most times brings a lot of other facts into focus for me. He and Gary were, I believe, shot first and I don't think it was pre-planned given the messy crime scene in two rooms, the dragging of the bodies, the number of shots, etc. I think more than one person went there to conduct drug-related business (buying, selling, warning off competition, or the like). Things got heated, shots were fired, Chris and Gary were murdered. The murderers said "oh, $#%$" and tried to clean up the scene by dragging the bodies into a back room. Then they realized that other people knew of their existence/relationship to Chris/Gary, and calmed down and made a plan to get rid of all of them. Kenneth was the last one they murdered and by then, I think they had a half-baked idea to make it look like a "cartel" or gang killing so they left the money. I know the AG said they went to great lengths to cover their tracks; what he didn't say was that they were actually any good at covering their tracks. I think LE knows who it is, has had them under surveillance, and arrests/indictments are forthcoming. And I don't think familial suspects and drug suspects are necessarily mutually exclusive in this case.

I definitely agree with you on more than one person. I'm thinking 2 or 3. I'm having a hard time though figuring how the gunfire started if it wasn't preplanned. It assumes Chris let 2 or 3 people in that were armed. Or, they had an argument, went to the vehicle(s), got their guns and came back. Or a physical fight broke out and someone went outside and came back with a gun while the others were still fighting. So many scenarios.

While I think it's likely CRs to be shot the greatest number of times. I don't think we have confirmation until LE releases it. Sources can be wrong and with this case we have heard tons of things from different sources that are supposed to be close to the case. So while I will consider the article I will just file it away for the wait and see category.

Exactly. Could just be using the media to send up a trial balloon to see if anyone disagrees with it. Especially since reports that surfaced earlier that had the younger kid taking the most hits as he supposedly tried to flee. I do not know what is true and what is not, tho I do not see the reason that family members would give out false info on how they were told a loved one died.

I will add that if what BJM said is true about an investigator asking her how much did someone pay her to kill her family, then the community needs to take up donations and send that man off for some John Reid training.

Agreed cars could be connected only because that's what unclaimed cash could go for. I am not tech savoy but someone maybe able to search old Craigslist adds for parts and cars sold by the family. Maybe can locate where they came from originally.

Yes usually the one who is staying says that to a person leaving. I usually don't tell people to be careful when I'm leaving them, as they're home.
I've dropped my kids off when they were little and said much the same, though; Ya'll have fun, and be careful. Especially if I thought my ex or their grandparents had plans to take them somewhere. It's pretty common in our family and around this region it seems.

I definitely agree with you on more than one person. I'm thinking 2 or 3. I'm having a hard time though figuring how the gunfire started if it wasn't preplanned. It assumes Chris let 2 or 3 people in that were armed. Or, they had an argument, went to the vehicle(s), got their guns and came back. Or a physical fight broke out and someone went outside and came back with a gun while the others were still fighting. So many scenarios.
I would be shocked if the "guests" weren't carrying when they came in. If they are friends, "colleagues," family, whatever, you aren't going to care because it is the norm for many people in that line of work. So if an argument broke out, I suspect both sides were probably armed. We have no way of knowing what other evidence there is that might indicate that Chris Sr. and Gary also fired or at least attempted to. We actually don't know who the initial aggressors were. We also don't know if one or more of the killers was injured. I think there is a TON of evidence at the first scene and probably a decreasing amount at each scene thereafter. All my personal theory only!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper