OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the context is relevant. I tell my daughter that I love her and to "be careful" when she is going on a trip or something. When she goes to bed at night, I tell her I love her and to sleep tight, or "good night", not "be careful". It does seem odd to say that to a loved one when they are just going to bed for the night.

Good grief- can we stop with the small town assumptions? Local credit unions here don't give out loans just for the heck of it even if people have bad credit just because we live in a rural area and are country. That is very inaccurate! The banks here aren't just handing money to whoever walks through the door.

Wanted to add- also the mentality that everyone knows everyone is not true either. I live close and I'd never heard of the last name Rhoden until now. I'll just assume that people making these statements have never been to a small town. This isn't Mayberry.

Oh my. You couldn't be farther off base about assumptions and never having been to a small town.

Grew up in a town of 7500. My father has lived in a town population less than a thousand since 1980. He was the mayor for many years. He usually got 15 votes, which clinched the election. I lived there on and off through adulthood. When married to my ex husband, lived in a town of about 9000, where the median income was lower than the federal poverty level.

My father has a $250,000 line of credit at his local bank, where he's banked for 35 years. He was a self-employed contractor for many years, but hasn't done a job since his heart attack in 2001. You'd think the bank would take away the line of credit since he has no income, right? Nope; they know what he owns and what he has with them.

It's wrong to think people are making baseless assumptions, especially when you are doing it yourself.

I think the context is relevant. I tell my daughter that I love her and to "be careful" when she is going on a trip or something. When she goes to bed at night, I tell her I love her and to sleep tight, or "good night", not "be careful". It does seem odd to say that to a loved one when they are just going to bed for the night.

What if they had plans to do derby cars or go fishing over the weekend? It's habit for me to tell people to be careful, I say it when I'm leaving if I know the boys and dad are going out to do crazy stuff like target shooting. She was dropping him off on a Thursday night, but it says FR would have him most weekends, so she probably was dropping him off for the whole weekend and they could have had plans to do stuff that would warrant a "be careful" to boys.

I may be wrong, but I don't think they've knowingly had stolen cars on their property. Maybe unknown to them, yes. But, in researching all of this, I've found that other properties, related in some way, to the Rhodens, have cars all over them as well. I really think they were buying them on the cheap for parts for a DD, or to make a new DD car from the bodies, or fix up and sell at the Scioto Lot. Again, maybe I'm wrong, but I really don't see how they could have that many automobiles in plain view, and run an unkown stolen car ring. We had a car stolen off the front drive of one of a family member's home. They pulled in, in broad daylight, loaded it up, (you could see the box truck's tire treads) and it was never seen again. We drove to all of the lots that had junkers on them and were pretty much told at each, that stolen cars were usually taken to an unreputable place, and mashed down into a cube, the thief was payed for the weight, and that was the end of it. Same w/thieves who stole copper cabling. They all knew the lots to go to. Stolen cars did not sit around on lots b/c people did the same thing we did, drive around and try to find them, and there was necessary paperwork that a person was required to have if they tried to sell them, or sell parts to others. Again, I could be totally wrong. But I've been through the stolen car thing and I'm just not seeing it. Those cars are sitting right out by the road. Unless, there is someone in the DOT who is helping them w/titles and such, and local LE has been looking the other way, b/c Pikeston is a small town. . .

How do you explain the fact that they towed some on the property but left others there? And why they towed JM's truck? Parts are sold on Ebay.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I really think it's far fetched to say the salvaged cars are "stolen". Most insurance companies sell salvaged cars at auction once claims have been paid and the car has been deemed a total loss. People bid on the salvaged vehicles at the auction.

IMO - they're running the VIN of these cars to see who purchased them at auction so that they can connect the dots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i am sorry RAISIN, but .............. the seal that sealed the first seal, has a second seal, which was placed on the seal of the seal, relating to the seal, as it pertains to the first and second seal, which are also under a sealed sealed seal !!

Which was sealed with a seal. lol

Wow, well I think this story kinda blows out the theory of them having to kill everyone that could possibly have known something. Sounds like this ChRo was very close to Frankie and Hannah and people would think she would know most things as well. Very close as in who stays and visits with their x and his new fiancee until 10:30 at night. Someone very close. IMO

She doesn’t have to look at her phone to recall that it was 8:14 a.m. on April 22 when she got the news. ( Chelsea Robinson’s )

Call to to LE like 20 min earlier - do we know who advised her

“They told me they’d all been murdered,” said Chelsea

Other things interesting from the article

“Frankie was one of the bad boys that all the girls wanted, “I was just lucky enough to get him.”

Sam Robinson was not amused...“I wasn’t happy about it, I wasn’t. I thought he was just a redneck boy

Chelsea has two jobs — triaging patients ---was she a nurse????

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/14/mother-of-3-year-old-who-survived-pike-county-shootings-learns-to-adjust.html

The rumors aren't that he was found on KR's road (at least not the ones I've read). He was found where the article states. The rumor was that he was killed in the driveway of someone related to those murdered and then moved to Crabtree Cemetery Road.

I think the confusion about some locations being "outside" (by the media in the beginning) is so many people did not know any addresses of where they were and were "outside" waiting --media got everything confused IMO.

OTOH when one is in a situation permanently, rather than just a vacation, one gets used to it. And possibly he really only slept tehre and was outside, or with family elsewhere, a lot of the time.

But, if he was paranoid, you would think he would want to be less isolated.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/14/mother-of-3-year-old-who-survived-pike-county-shootings-learns-to-adjust.html

She doesn’t have to look at her phone to recall that it was 8:14 a.m. on April 22 when she got the news. ( Chelsea Robinson’s )

Call to to LE like 20 min earlier - do we know who advised her

“They told me they’d all been murdered,” said Chelsea

Other things interesting from the article

“Frankie was one of the bad boys that all the girls wanted, “I was just lucky enough to get him.”

Sam Robinson was not amused...“I wasn’t happy about it, I wasn’t. I thought he was just a redneck boy

Chelsea has two jobs — triaging patients ---was she a nurse????

I think the confusion about some locations being "outside" (by the media in the beginning) is so many people did not know any addresses of where they were and were "outside" waiting --media got everything confused IMO.

But, if he was paranoid, you would think he would want to be less isolated.

You left out that Sam goes on to say after not liking him that she grew to love him.

You can be an MA or CNA and be rooming patients. In all the clinics I work in we have an MA that rooms our patients. It's cheaper than paying a nurse.

Okay....I am only half way kidding, but I fully expect the photo AND the car experts to have these pictures enlarged, gridded out, and analyzed by tomorrow night. Like in the Caylee Anthony case with the kittens in the brush....

Flashbacks. WS is the best.

Another thing I noticed. Only a few of these cars do not have tires on them At the salvages I have seen hardly any junk cars sold for parts have tires. The tires and rims are usually the first to go, before any other parts. Another thing I noticed. Only a few of these cars have been wrecked. The large majority of them are intact with no dents. I disagree with the poster on whether these cars have value or not. Most of them are slick with no dents and if they ran good, a lot of people would buy them in a heartbeat, providing the price is right.

They seemed to be very handy w/fixing them up from Salvage to Rebuild Salvage too. That's no small feat, and requires lots of paperwork, and receipts to get those Rebuild Salvage Titles. DR had one, for example, up for sale March 21, 2016 on FB, Quote: I have a 2007 G6 for sale $3300 call or inbox for more info The car is a salvage rebuilt thanks.

the way they sell or even get titles for stolen cars is using salvage or R titles. I've seen motorcycles with made up vin numbers

Another thing I noticed. Only a few of these cars do not have tires on them At the salvages I have seen hardly any junk cars sold for parts have tires. The tires and rims are usually the first to go, before any other parts. Another thing I noticed. Only a few of these cars have been wrecked. The large majority of them are intact with no dents. I disagree with the poster on whether these cars have value or not. Most of them are slick with no dents and if they ran good, a lot of people would buy them in a heartbeat, providing the price is right.

Not disputing your post, but take a look here. They have locations all over the US, this one is Columbus, there's one in Dayton as well. Many of these cars are fairly clean, some stolen recoveries, vandalized, minor damage etc.

http://www.copart.com/us/Locations/29

Those "complex criminal developments"! The reason the reward money was pulled.

But, just how would he have been privy to any "complex criminal developments"? No one else has been? At that time it, and still, it continues to be, we've only heard of a marijuana grow op.

You will know soon enough if the IRS or the state starts filing liens against the estate for unpaid use taxes on vehicle transactions, or not reporting inventory, or and sales or property or income taxes for the 'business.' The towed vehicles are all subject to a $20-25 a day storage fee, so that will start to add up quickly and there will be some dispensation for units not deemed essential to the case. Could be everything is in order. All taxes owed were paid and it becomes a non-issue.

I know that a lot of you will never believe me but salvage cars are normally only a few years old at the most before anyone will fool with rebuilding them. That 2007 G6 was most likely rebuilt along time ago and the wholesaler knew that the Rhodens would take on cars like that. No money rebuilding nine year old cars. Late model cars are worth money in parts but these old cars aren't worth hardly anything in parts. They're just "fixer up" work cars. <modsnip>

I don't know how many were salvage, or, if they just bought cars that needed work, and flipped them but all you have to do is put in DR's full name and the words, for sale, after it, on fb, and quite a lot of cars come up for sale. You just don't go around posting stolen cars on FB. These were guys who were very good w/working on cars. You have to be, if you are good at Demo Derby, and from all indications, FR was pretty good.

You will know soon enough if the IRS or the state starts filing liens against the estate for unpaid use taxes on vehicle transactions, or not reporting inventory, or and sales or property or income taxes for the 'business.' The towed vehicles are all subject to a $20-25 a day storage fee, so that will start to add up quickly and there will be some dispensation for units not deemed essential to the case. Could be everything is in order. All taxes owed were paid and it becomes a non-issue.

They would charge the family storage fees for taking cars to investigate murders?

My ex's Dad chooses to live in a camper. He loves it. He likes that he can basically "move" whenever he wants and still be living in the same place and he likes to just keep to himself. It wouldn't be my choice, but if it work for him.. It works. He's single. Kids don't live with him and are much older now anyway.

Ever saw a "man camp"? Many hundreds of campers in them that entire families live in. All of those are fifth wheels and pull along's. The Keystone pipeline has hundreds of such sites along it with many hundreds of campers in each site. When the job is finished at one place they just hook up to their welding trucks and move on to the next job site. Many are young couples and have small children and even pets.

In many rural towns, there are people who buy non-running cars and advertise as such. What better way to get cars for cheap, drop a motor or tranny in them, and sell it. There are many people who do such work honestly. May not get you a landscaping award or an invite to the local cotillion ball, but steady work if you are good at it. There are always people who need a $1,500 car or even a $750 car.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ColMustard
Those "complex criminal developments"! The reason the reward money was pulled.

But, just how would he have been privy to any "complex criminal developments"? No one else has been? At that time it, and still, it continues to be, we've only heard of a marijuana grow op.

My first assumption was, he was put off by the pot.

But maybe he just has a grapevine to listen to.

I guess one of my earlier posts was deleted. Thought news reports were ok, so maybe a problem with the subject.

Aren't the cars being stored at the warehouse complex in the pharmaceutical plant? Wouldn't think there would be storage fees on the vehicles there.

They would charge the family storage fees for taking cars to investigate murders?

Either the state state would pay it or the property owner or it would be added in to the price if it is ever sold for the fees. Towing companies are not in the charity business. In some states, if the storage and tow bill gets to a point, they can advertise it for sale. Not sure how Ohio handles it. I will guarantee you all of those rollbacks were not out there working for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C_Plus_Detective