OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think a lot of the salvage title cars that DR sold, she sold for the business in Scioto County (not sure if we are allowed to discuss it?). FR seems to have traded for a lot of vehicles on FB, DR almost always said no trades when someone asked, cash only and would give the number to this business. The cars FR posted were all on their property, and I think he traded up and also traded cars for other things (ATV, a shotgun, were just a couple that I saw). It is also possible that people traded cars for the "goods," which would explain why some of them aren't wrecked.

Most interesting thing I saw when researching, was the DR wrote to someone that she worked 3 jobs. She obviously was "working" for this business (one post she even told the caller to "ask for RW and say DR sent you") but whenever people asked for the miles it seemed like she always had to get back to them bc she wasn't near the car so maybe she didn't work at the actual store.

I wonder what the third job was.

Parent?

The way she worded it on the thread, it didn't sound like it. The person interested in a car said they had left her a message (she gave her cell # in the comments or on the post) but that no one returned her call. DR said that she would get back to them eventually, but that she worked 3 jobs.

I guess I would never count parenting as a job in that context but maybe others would?

The way she worded it on the thread, it didn't sound like it. The person interested in a car said they had left her a message (she gave her cell # in the comments or on the post) but that no one returned her call. DR said that she would get back to them eventually, but that she worked 3 jobs.

I guess I would never count parenting as a job in that context but maybe others would?

I'd tend to call it work. My mother was a stay at home mother, and she worked hard. I used to say when I got off work, that I was going home to my full-time job. lol I guess it's all in what tone she meant her comment too. I always meant it kinda jokingly but, no one else was going to mow that lawn or cook that supper.

I'd tend to call it work. My mother was a stay at home mother, and she worked hard. I used to say when I got off work, that I was going home to my full-time job. lol I guess it's all in what tone she meant her comment too. I always meant it kinda jokingly but, no one else was going to mow that lawn or cook that supper.

Oh it's no doubt work! I have newborn multiples....it's a crap ton of work lol. But I still don't say it's my job as I'm not a SAHM (although I also say similar things jokingly). I just can't see myself speaking to a business contact about a possible sale and including parenting as being "at work" and as a reason that I couldn't return a call, especially when her kids were all on the older side.

Maybe she counted taking care of HMR's child as a job, although I would be surprised if HMR paid her in the traditional sense. Who knows...the whole 3 jobs thing just caught my eye as MSM has only ever mentioned the nursing home. I wasn't sure if anyone knew of anything else.

Reading this makes me think of killers dressed as LE. I also recall reports of SWAT equipment being stolen somewhere in Ohio.

Suppose it could also mean LM was PO'd at LE at the time he said that.

My thoughts exactly, neighbors said police were on Carolyn Thomlinson's street all the time, and many times at their house. Noone would suspect officers patrolling it regularly. LM said there were security cameras and floodlights set up to show people inside their vehicle when they pulled up in front of Chris' trailer. Would you open a door for officers in uniform with what looks like an undercover vehicle? Ofcourse you would.

Chris and Gary were in the bedroom, but they had been in the livingroom, Dana was found her living room. Did they open the doors for what they thought were officers? Candy Newsome's daughter wasn't in bed, shot in the back of the head trying to get away, had she opened the door? If you're holding a gun on them you can force them to their beds, and Frankie had a black eye. Had he opened the door for them?

They had weapons you're not going to argue with men you think are officers doing a drug bust. You don't want your dogs shot, if they told them to let their dogs out or they'll shoot them, you'd do it. If people have security cameras and paranoid you're not going to leave your door unlocked. They would be opened from the inside.
We've had people pretend to be officers to get people to pull over, even having police lights, and things are stolen out of police cars, and facilities all the time. It's easy for criminals to get those things, you can buy anything online to look like an officer.

Plus if you think they're officers you're not going to have your gun pulled out on them at first, maybe why noone shot at the killers.

Oh it's no doubt work! I have newborn multiples....it's a crap ton of work lol. But I still don't say it's my job as I'm not a SAHM (although I also say similar things jokingly). I just can't see myself speaking to a business contact about a possible sale and including parenting as being "at work" and as a reason that I couldn't return a call, especially when her kids were all on the older side.

Maybe she counted taking care of HMR's child as a job, although I would be surprised if HMR paid her in the traditional sense. Who knows...the whole 3 jobs thing just caught my eye as MSM has only ever mentioned the nursing home. I wasn't sure if anyone knew of anything else.

Newborn multiples! Wow! That is work! We helped my daughter w/babysitting and such with her firstborn and it was fun but it was also work. lol I want back and browsed through the posts and it looks as if she started a new job on 10/2015. She had posted a prayer message to BH about it, the friend who died a couple years back. She'd been working at the nursing home already, and selling the cars through Scioto, so I'd say you're right, it was a job she was getting paid to do. Everyone spoke of her being a very hard worker. (And Congrats! Btw)

Would you open a door for officers in uniform with what looks like an undercover vehicle? Ofcourse you would.

Me personally, no. I don't open the door for uniformed LE, much less someone who may be UC. Past experience has taught me nothing good comes from voluntary contact with LE.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly, neighbors said police were on Carolyn Thomlinson's street all the time, and many times at their house. Noone would suspect officers patrolling it regularly. LM said there were security cameras and floodlights set up to show people inside their vehicle when they pulled up in front of Chris' trailer. Would you open a door for officers in uniform with what looks like an undercover vehicle? Ofcourse you would.

Chris and Gary were in the bedroom, but they had been in the livingroom, Dana was found her living room. Did they open the doors for what they thought were officers? Candy Newsome's daughter wasn't in bed, shot in the back of the head trying to get away, had she opened the door? If you're holding a gun on them you can force them to their beds, and Frankie had a black eye. Had he opened the door for them?

They had weapons you're not going to argue with men you think are officers doing a drug bust. You don't want your dogs shot, if they told them to let their dogs out or they'll shoot them, you'd do it. If people have security cameras and paranoid you're not going to leave your door unlocked. They would be opened from the inside.
We've had people pretend to be officers to get people to pull over, even having police lights, and things are stolen out of police cars, and facilities all the time. It's easy for criminals to get those things, you can buy anything online to look like an officer.

Plus if you think they're officers you're not going to have your gun pulled out on them at first, maybe why noone shot at the killers.

Or, and I know this is probably an unpopular theory, but, could they have actually been officers? What if the Rhoden's had been busted,and agreed to work w/LE, and unbeknownst to the Rhodens, or the LE that set it up, there would be an officer(s) who would be exposed somehow, from the Rhoden's agreement to work w/LE. Small town, they would know most all of the LE, if an unknown LE showed up, they'd probably not let them in w/o a warrant.

Or, and I know this is probably an unpopular theory, but, could they have actually been officers? What if the Rhoden's had been busted,and agreed to work w/LE, and unbeknownst to the Rhodens, or the LE that set it up, there would be an officer(s) who would be exposed somehow, from the Rhoden's agreement to work w/LE. Small town, they would know most all of the LE, if an unknown LE showed up, they'd probably not let them in w/o a warrant.

Yes I did read Candy Newsome was wanting to get out of drug dealing, but I can't find that article again.

this is one of the best theories that I have seen, it explains everything.

this also explains the over kill on the taking all the cars and the trailers, to send a message to any one left behind and penalize the entire family.
Now no one can move right in and continue business as usual. What ever that business was...

Unless you have a banker that is not totally honest you're not paying any interest on an escrow account. Now if the escrow account falls short you should be given an option to "catch it up" or at that point there might be some type of "service fee", or an option to add the negative balance to your loan, but otherwise you don't pay interest on an escrow account.

I think what Renee110's dad might have meant, is why pay into escrow in advance if the bank isn't going to pay you interest? And even if the bank pays interest, at today's rate, it would be practically nothing. Escrowed property tax is paid to the bank every month. The bank holds on to it and then pays your property tax bill with it - next year! Ohio's real estate tax are due and paid over a year behind (we are paying 2015 taxes now). I prefer to hold on to my own money as long as I can. I would never accept escrow terms for taxes or insurance, but some customers don't have the option to refuse it.

As a side note: In Ohio, it is always the property owner's responsibility to pay the real estate taxes. Banks may have escrow terms required on many loans, but if they don't pay - for whatever reason - the State will come after the property owner, not the bank. The bank does have a vested interest in keeping the taxes paid, however. Even if they are the primary lien holder on the property, taxes always come first. If a bank repossess property for non-payment, Ohio will still makes sure the state gets paid. It might be simpler to say that the state never loses real estate tax revenue - ever. Sometimes it takes a little longer, and they go thru a little more work, buy they always, always get their money in the end. JMO

Edit: Yes I know we pay real estate taxes to the County, not really the State, but the results are the same... just another government agency taking more of your money AFTER you have already earned it, paid taxes on it, and bought something with it!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ColMustard
Reading this makes me think of killers dressed as LE. I also recall reports of SWAT equipment being stolen somewhere in Ohio.

In one of the other murders in the area,... maybe Candy Newsome? ... wasn't the husband was thinking she must have pulled over for a 'police car' or at least someone with a flashing blue light?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ColMustard

In one of the other murders in the area,... maybe Candy Newsome? ... wasn't the husband was thinking she must have pulled over for a 'police car' or at least someone with a flashing blue light?

I hadn't read too much on that, just basically. I'll have to read more on her backstory, there's probably more from her sister than anyone. I hadn't seen the stepfather's video till last night. Carolyn and Charlie's murder was originally thought to be a murder suicide. So I think they'd should reinvestigate any of those to see if there's any similarities to these three families murders.

this also explains the over kill on the taking all the cars and the trailers, to send a message to any one left behind and penalize the entire family.
Now no one can move right in and continue business as usual. What ever that business was...

This article goes back a few years but FBI caught a heavy equipment theft ring that included Scioto County

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/87147472.html

Do we know for sure Dana was found in her living room?

No, it's my understanding that the person who found her (brother?) went into her trailer, saw her legs, and backed out. We don't really know how far he went into the trailer. JMO

I keep coming back round to they were ambushed. Who could pull off an ambush? I've not led an extremely sheltered life over the years, so, unless these guys were super naive, not just anyone is walking up to that trailer and getting in. They'd have to be invited in, or they bulldozed their way in. To me, it looks like the former. If it was the former, they had to know their assailants. People w/grow ops, or just selling, do not invite strangers into their homes. Period. (Again unless they are naive.) LE keeps running through my mind b/c they could pull it off w/o problem. They could have thought it was someone they were meeting w/about their agreement, and the LE would have arrived in an unmarked car, and in street clothes. After they go to CR1s then it is feasible they could go to the other homes, under pretense of "there's been an accident", to get inside those homes easily. Just another angle.

I keep coming back round to they were ambushed. Who could pull off an ambush? I've not led an extremely sheltered life over the years, so, unless these guys were super naive, not just anyone is walking up to that trailer and getting in. They'd have to be invited in, or they bulldozed their way in. To me, it looks like the former. If it was the former, they had to know their assailants. People w/grow ops, or just selling, do not invite strangers into their homes. Period. (Again unless they are naive.) LE keeps running through my mind b/c they could pull it off w/o problem. They could have thought it was someone they were meeting w/about their agreement, and the LE would have arrived in an unmarked car, and in street clothes. After they go to CR1s then it is feasible they could go to the other homes, under pretense of "there's been an accident", to get inside those homes easily. Just another angle.

Chris Sr did not look naive to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member