OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember hearing about someone being killed in bjm driveway a few years ago? I'm sure I didn't dream this.

As many have pointed out, the public story and what people say to LE may differ. Some folks just don't want thei names on the news. Particularly in connection with a case like this where there are so many unknowns. Friends don't put friends in the middle of stuff.

I'm not implying that she has to give their names out, but why even say they "might" have followed her into the trailer? I just don't believe she doesn't know who followed her in to which trailer, so I just felt she should have just said, Two friends rode over w/me, and leave it there.

Does the the man who Initailly put up the reward if he was an acquaintance with anyone the rhode a May have worked with?
He has to know some more than the details than us. He seems to be making a point he don't want involved no more, Why though? Conflict of interest, fear or was he forced to. Didn't see anywhere where LE made him drop the reward? I can't believe he hasn't done more interviews.

http://www.jeffruby.com/about

Ruby is well-known in this part of the world. He has offered rewards in a handful of other cases that I can recall. He also refused OJ Simpson service at his Louisville restaurant in 2007. Highly, highly doubtful that he had any interaction with the Rhodens. It doesn't seem like they would have spent much time in high-end steakhouses in Cincy, or he in Pike County.

He's tweeted about why he pulled the reward. He's active on SM, really no reason to sit for an interview. LE didn't make him drop it.

I am new here so look over me with this question? With able bodied folks on the property.. WHY would anyone have to come and tend to ones animals at such an hour? Especially with gas not being cheap. I can't get past this for some reason.

I think that BJM has a job, but if it's the one I'm thinking, it's probably not a well paying one. I have paid family/friends to do work for me if they needed extra cash. It was probably chores they didn't really want to do and it gave her some extra spending money.

I've seen some skepticism regarding DS based on his interview describing how he found KR, then found pot plants in the garage, then called 911, but it doesn't sound implausible to me.

Possible narrative:

1) DS and LR(?) show up to check on KR at his trailer on Left Fork Rd. at some point after the extended family gets notified of the deaths on Union HIll Rd. DS finds KR dead.

2) DS heads to the (very close) garage and looks inside, possibly to see if he can figure out what happened, or maybe just to make sure no one's waiting to shoot him and LR(?) in the back on their way out. He sees some pot plants in a tray.

3) DS knows he needs to call 911, but isn't exactly sure where to send them because he can't find a mailbox that lists the street number at 1084 Left Fork when he gets back to the driveway.

4) He and LR(?) hightail it out of there to family-owned property at 799 Left Fork where another relative is currently living. DS uses the address from the mailbox at this property to direct emergency services to the general area.

Just my theory, based on listening to DS 911 call and reading his interviews afterwards.

http://www.jeffruby.com/about

Ruby is well-known in this part of the world. He has offered rewards in a handful of other cases that I can recall. He also refused OJ Simpson service at his Louisville restaurant in 2007. Highly, highly doubtful that he had any interaction with the Rhodens. It doesn't seem like they would have spent much time in high-end steakhouses in Cincy, or he in Pike County.

He's tweeted about why he pulled the reward. He's active on SM, really no reason to sit for an interview. LE didn't make him drop it.

I don't believe his reason, however I don't know what the real reason is. I know he did an interview which I can't find now but it was after the mj, roosters etc were found. He was in Pike Co. And he had stated he didn't care about any of that. He said something to the fact all he wanted was justice and that it was his community and he didn't want the perp walking around in it. Then 1-2 days later he pulled it. I think he was pressured either by his publicist, or somebody possibly told him something we don't know, or he was threatened. Jmo

Interesting question and one that could be productive.
i would say yes, especially if that person was using meth, that is why i have a restraining order against my son, they are very violent and unpredictable, paranoid and i could go on, its like setting off a timebomb, he put a rock thru the windshield of my new car because i would not let him in my house after he threatened to kill us all and burn down our houses with us in them, he did bust out all the windows of his fathers house also

i would say yes, especially if that person was using meth, that is why i have a restraining order against my son, they are very violent and unpredictable, paranoid and i could go on, its like setting off a timebomb, he put a rock thru the windshield of my new car because i would not let him in my house after he threatened to kill us all and burn down our houses with us in them, he did bust out all the windows of his fathers house also

Off topic I know:
Meth heads are the worst! Google 2 month old baby "Chance Walsh" and read what his meth head parents did to him, it is unbelievable.

You know that my prime suspect is an LE deputy who was facing murder charges and is known to be a rogue cop with "issues" as stated by Sheriff Reader. So I keep focusing my sleuthing to make a connection. I read an article that said his police issue weapon was a Glock 22. I did a search and found this video of a Glock 22 with a suppressor - this is definitely not as loud as a shotgun and, in my opinion could have been the weapon of choice.

[video=youtube;PQ4GATzO05g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ4GATzO05g[/video]

It looks like she fired 15-16 rounds in one clip. (I know very little about guns).

The PA, Rob Junk lent JJ "a couple of guns" per this article, http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...unty-deputy-involved-shooting-fired/76916540/

Does anyone local know more about JJ's current whereabouts?

This post'll be about weed, so if you don't find it relevant, please skip.

Have we been told anything on this subject other than:
1) 200+ plants
2) grow ops in some capacity at 3 out of 4 locations
3) DS saw plants in a tray in the garage next to KR trailer after discovering his body

If this case is related to the grow op, there might be some info here.

Why might there be "a tray" of plants in KR's garage? If I had to guess, the Rhodens had a fully-indoor operation somewhere that held their mother plants.

GR seems (from my very outside perspective) to have the most obvious connections to others who "cultivate", so I'm gonna peg him as the family botanist for the sake of argument.

In my theory, their summer setup would include a lot of outdoor because light is free and conditions are good. GR comes into town and helps them take and root clones from the mother plants. They're not large cuttings, so they'd be easy to transport to KR's garage at this stage in their development without hassle or attention

KR's garage provides a good staging ground for clones at this point in the season, because they're inside a mostly-enclosed structure and will have lights on them for a very long cycle at that point in growth, which should provide all the warmth they would need.

ETA: Hydro has been mentioned as a possibility with the trays. IDK though... They seemed to have good soil, plentiful land, and free light. I could see them maybe having a hydro setup for their indoor grow, but I'd think that setup would attract a lot more attention than what they'd need for a soil grow. People can get pretty creative with their soil grows - fully irrigated systems of barrels strapped high up in trees, etc.

Again, theory.

You know that my prime suspect is an LE deputy who was facing murder charges and is known to be a rogue cop with "issues" as stated by Sheriff Reader. So I keep focusing my sleuthing to make a connection. I read an article that said his police issue weapon was a Glock 22. I did a search and found this video of a Glock 22 with a suppressor - this is definitely not as loud as a shotgun and, in my opinion could have been the weapon of choice. [video=youtube;PQ4GATzO05g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ4GATzO05g[/video] PA, Rob Junk lent JJ "a couple of guns" per this article, http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...unty-deputy-involved-shooting-fired/76916540/ Does anyone local know more about his whereabouts?

I did a quick search and I found that a glock 22 holds 15 rounds(bullets). Maybe some of our gun experts can weigh in on this...

I did a quick search and I found that a glock 22 holds 15 rounds(bullets). Maybe some of our gun experts can weigh in on this...

9+6 = Chris Sr. & Gary, reload and move on. One person could have definitely pulled this off, especially if they were desperate and trained.

Listen to this one - it's not loud at all!

[video=youtube;MfmgW-qqBA0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfmgW-qqBA0[/video]

Listen to this one - it's not loud at all!

[video=youtube;MfmgW-qqBA0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfmgW-qqBA0[/video]

The shots in both videos were not loud at all, it surprised me. Does anyone know how damaging to the body the shots would be from a glock 22?

OK does anyone remember the number of Marijuana plants being 2,000 or did I get a contact high just thinking that? I Googled "Rhoden Marijuana grow-op" and every article that comes up has the count at 200. 😕

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Yes, I remember that too but have not been able to find anything definitive about it. I seem to recall that it arose as a question to LE .... But this is something that has been bothering me as everything else speaks of the 200 !! Glad I am not alone in "imagining" it .... 😊

I'm sorry that you and your family are going through this and pray your son seeks help and beats his addiction. People make choices, and do/say things, they'd never ever do, to family, and friends, when they are addicted.

The shots in both videos were not loud at all, it surprised me. Does anyone know how damaging to the body the shots would be from a glock 22?

http://www.policemag.com/channel/weapons/articles/2016/01/9mm-vs-40-caliber.aspx

comparison of ammo used by LE in Glock (not for the squeamish)

All I could think of is that someone who was trained shot tissue wounds on CRsr at least 7-8 times. Seems to me someone was trying to find out where something ($$$) was hidden and was working quickly. I feel certain that Gary and Chris were awake and aware together. I can imagine a psychopathic cop shooting one to get the other to divulge and then doing the same to the other. It would have been over in 10 -15 minutes max. If there was an extortion ultimatum given, then the perp couldn't risk the others knowing. I wonder if the money was kept at Kenneth's as it was far more discreet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member