OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Unfortunately anything that has happened is being picked apart in every aspect and it seems like BJM was damned if she did and damned if she didn't.

I DO believe BJM has more information than has been shared with the media, however I'm sure she has told LE far more. I can't jump on the BJM is guilty bandwagon. It's a theory, and I understand it, but I also think she was in a horrible situation that is under spotlight media and it's always suspicious for the first person that comes across something like that, but I believe she was hysterical and a hot mess and I don't think any of us would know how we would react until we were in that horrible situation. JMO.

Good post, and I agree. :ditto:

Exactly. Unfortunately anything that has happened is being picked apart in every aspect and it seems like BJM was damned if she did and damned if she didn't.

I DO believe BJM has more information than has been shared with the media, however I'm sure she has told LE far more. I can't jump on the BJM is guilty bandwagon. It's a theory, and I understand it, but I also think she was in a horrible situation that is under spotlight media and it's always suspicious for the first person that comes across something like that, but I believe she was hysterical and a hot mess and I don't think any of us would know how we would react until we were in that horrible situation. JMO.

I agree with you. I think she knows more about the operations the family was apart of. I don't believe that she had anything to do with the murders, or saw the murderers that morning.

I believe that a lot of the things that have been said to the media, has been misinterpreted, due to lack of education of those speaking about the case. And they run with it. It's kinda sad.

I think I would have run too. Except I probably would have run out the door and as far away from the scene as possible not knowing if the killer is still somewhere close by. I think I have seen too many movies where the shooter is still in the house. :)

Yep!!! I have walked through this crime scene many times in my head. I would have ran...scared to death that the boogie man was still there. I can say that with 99% confidence.

Yea, me either. I honestly don't think I would have called 911 first. I think I would have just ran...to the closest place people would likely be. Maybe called 911 on the way.

I think I would have run too. Except I probably would have run out the door and as far away from the scene as possible not knowing if the killer is still somewhere close by. I think I have seen too many movies where the shooter is still in the house. :)

After numerous hours on the Rhoden threads last night (and every other night since 4/22) I found myself unable to sleep. As usual, I was kicking this case around in my head. I placed myself in her shoes (no judgement). I would have hauled *advertiser censored** back to my car and called 911, kicking up dirt as I drove away. THEN I thought about Frankie. Would I call him and warn him and still hauled boogie out of the driveway? Would I stay at the property and wake him up (I assume she didn't know he was deceased as well)? It seems like my fight or flight response would kick into high gear until I consider how close he and his family were to his father. If I found 2 people murdered I would think it is instinct to RUN, simply because you don't know where the killers are. But with the property situation, I swear I just can't really say what I would do.

What a horrible and senseless tragedy. I just keep trying to wrap my mind around WHO could be this ANGRY to kill 8 people? I convince myself that it can't be anger because it is too brutal. Then I go back to the money theory. I change from day to day what I think could have/should have/would have happened but every time I end back up at square one. At this moment, I am convinced this is not about anger or revenge. It's just TOO much drama for me. As of today (disclaimer: this could change in the blink of an eye :thinking: ) I am on the money bandwagon, but with no specific details in my head to back this up. It's like I'm chasing my tail trying to figure out how something like this can happen.

I have even compared this case to other mass murders and serial killings. Even Dahmer and Bundy didn't kill 8 family members on the same day within miles of each other. The Sandy Hook shooting wasn't aimed at a specific person. Sheesh. I will be so glad when OBCI and the Pike County Sheriff Department figures this out. If that ever happens.

I agree. While I believe it is bad that BJM grabbed the babies and disrupted the crime scenes, I understand WHY and I would probably do the same and not think about it. With that said, I also feel it's weird that JM didn't grab the 4 day old baby that was crying, but I understand why he wouldn't want his DNA and all that disrupting the crime scene. Either way no matter what they can't win with their decisions. I don't know how I would react, I hope I never have to find out either.

I'd probably not think of disrupting a crime scene at all if I thought that there might be a chance one of my family may be clinging to life in a back bedroom when minutes could mean their life. I think BJM did right in getting the babies out, but I don't think she's being totally up front about everything. They had to have been one very discreet grow op for her to have come over there every day, clean, feed, etc... and never see any sign of drugs, b/c I'd be surprised if at least one or two of them, at least, did not partake in the end product themselves.

Right. Suppressors are only designed to suppress the pressure wave. That is only one of the things that make a gun shot loud. People need to stop getting their gun knowledge from James Bond movies. I guarantee those gun shots would be completely audible and alarming in a neighboring trailer.

I agree that a silencer would not totally eliminate sound. It would only muffle it somewhat.

I tend to think the shooter may have not even used a silencer because if they came with enough firepower then it seems they were just going to shoot anyone and anything in their path. They had the element of surprise and even if someone wakes up they had their weapons ready to fire at them.

They did risk the neighbor waking up and grabbing their own gun and defending themselves against the shooter which does make me wonder if multiple shooters hit the 2 close places at the same time. Maybe a coordinated attack. Or maybe a silencer was used on a weapon to help muffle the sound so they could make it to the other places without the people knowing the first house got hit.

It seems as if the order of how the crime scenes were discovered varies. In this interview, LM sounds as if he is saying his grandson and his girlfriend were found, then his son-in-law and cousin, and then she came and got LM and he went out there and then LM's son found Dana and others (not exact wording but this is the order I understand LM to say it happened). But of course, we have to take into consideration how things could have easily been confused and/or forgotten with so much chaos going on and just finding so many of your family members murdered...

http://globalnews.ca/news/2659269/i...ive-shooter-in-rhoden-shootings/?sf25007641=1

I cant make out the end except at very end I think the other person does say "good job". Maybe like others have suggested that the person was just saying good job in handling getting the proper info to LE in a stressful situation.

Hey Hatfield, long time no talk to. Hope you are doing well. This case is close to me, and I know the area all too well since it is right in between my home, and where my motorhome is located for camping. Ouch!!! We pass by UHR a lot. This case is so heartbreaking, especially the kids. :(

I'd probably not think of disrupting a crime scene at all if I thought that there might be a chance one of my family may be clinging to life in a back bedroom when minutes could mean their life. I think BJM did right in getting the babies out, but I don't think she's being totally up front about everything. They had to have been one very discreet grow op for her to have come over there every day, clean, feed, etc... and never see any sign of drugs, b/c I'd be surprised if at least one or two of them, at least, did not partake in the end product themselves.

Oh I definitely don't believe she didn't know about the grow op. But I can understand her telling the media she didn't. She may be completely up front and honest with LE.

I definitely don't know what I'd do. She is criticized for taking the babies out, while JM is criticized for not. My maternal instinct would likely be to take the babies, period. Just not even thinking that I might disrupt a crime scene, I couldn't leave children in there, I don't think it would be a second thought to me. I can see why both reacted the way they did, it's just not an easy situation at all. It's terrible. Nobody would be thinking clearly, logically, it's such a tragedy.

The whole silencer and how they are hard to get and how to make them has been discussed in every other thread... I just keep on scrolling when I see the word now :)
What about cartels riding up on ATVS and using silencers?

*ducks

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Just thought of something. Has it been said that BR lived 500 yards from KR? What relation would they be? If BR was at home when he got word of the murders, it looks like he would have went over to wake up KR to tell him, considering he lived so close to him. That is, if he was home when he got the word.

i kinda find myself feeling really sad for KR. Didn't anyone care enough about him to immediately check on him? It just makes no sense.
Exactly my thought. Because BR posted to social media at approx.1130am please pray for my family. (not the actual quote from him)

It seems as if the order of how the crime scenes were discovered varies. In this interview, LM sounds as if he is saying his grandson and his girlfriend were found, then his son-in-law and cousin, and then she came and got LM and he went out there and then LM's son found Dana and others (not exact wording but this is the order I understand LM to say it happened). But of course, we have to take into consideration how things could have easily been confused and/or forgotten with so much chaos going on and just finding so many of your family members murdered...

http://globalnews.ca/news/2659269/i...ive-shooter-in-rhoden-shootings/?sf25007641=1

LM relaying a story in the midst of all of this shouldn't be looked into very far. BJM gave her story and we read it that's all we should be considering her saying.

I'm not in the BJM did it camp either, but, there was both a large group of family, and LE, that eventually saw her there that day w/the two people (I'm fairly certain they didn't just up and leave her there with two babies and four dead bodies). It sounds to some like she says "we" when she made the 911 call. Then she gives the April 25th interview and there's no mention of a "we". Also, LM makes it appear, by accident, or deliberate omission, that there was no one with her when he gave one of his first statements. Finally we have the interview that she says, yes, there were two people with her, and quote, "Manley said she thinks one of the people in her car may have followed her into one of the trailers, but she's not sure which one or what they saw." I have a problem with that quote. I just do not see how, after having something that horrible happen, that they'd not go home and, at some point over the last weeks, rehash the events to see if they missed something, one saw something the other didn't, etc... Especially after the length of time between when it happened and this last interview. She remembers other details. No, I think it's deliberate that details around these two folks cannot be remembered. Saying she "thinks" they did is too convenient. It lets you remember if you want to or have to.

As many have pointed out, the public story and what people say to LE may differ. Some folks just don't want thei names on the news. Particularly in connection with a case like this where there are so many unknowns. Friends don't put friends in the middle of stuff.

I agree that a silencer would not totally eliminate sound. It would only muffle it somewhat.

I tend to think the shooter may have not even used a silencer because if they came with enough firepower then it seems they were just going to shoot anyone and anything in their path. They had the element of surprise and even if someone wakes up they had their weapons ready to fire at them.

They did risk the neighbor waking up and grabbing their own gun and defending themselves against the shooter which does make me wonder if multiple shooters hit the 2 close places at the same time. Maybe a coordinated attack. Or maybe a silencer was used on a weapon to help muffle the sound so they could make it to the other places without the people knowing the first house got hit.

Or, there were a few shooters, and the killings were done sorta' simultaneously?? (at least at CRsr's and FR's)

Hey Hatfield, long time no talk to. Hope you are doing well. This case is close to me, and I know the area all too well since it is right in between my home, and where my motorhome is located for camping. Ouch!!! We pass by UHR a lot. This case is so heartbreaking, especially the kids. :(

Hello Caylee A. Sorry to hear that the case hit way too close to home for you. It is a true tragedy and one of the most bizarre cases we have seen here on WS in a long time.

We sure need LE to hurry up and solve this before someone else gets hurt. I am afraid of a revenge killing if someone doesn't get arrested soon.

What about cartels riding up on ATVS and using silencers?

*ducks

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

:) those are my favorite things to talk about, but I think the cartels were just looking for the buried uranium that CR was hiding and digging up with his backhoe to sell.

Exactly my thought. Because BR posted to social media at approx.1130am please pray for my family.

Maybe they all assumed he had gone to the auction since that was what he was supposed to do.

At this site showing the daycare center when you click on "Staff" it says no information yet. http://kidcarescout.com/school/listing/75536

If any of these businesses were MEDICAL or planned on billing Medicare they have to have a National Provider ID number to bill with, heres another site to look into NPI registry search online, none of them do so i doubt DR was doing home health care at least through one of these owned businesses. I do billing for a practice and we are adding a Home Health Agency and had to apply for a second NPI number for a separate business for billing any insurance companies. I don't think insurance covers Marijuana that might be cash only lol and as far as pharmaceuticals go i am not sure about that but would think they require NPI s also if billing insurances for reimbursement that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member