OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have a couple thoughts...
when my mom died, my sister was her executer for her will. She never finalized her will and alot of things were left hanging in midair. I was living at my mom's house and her car was there. It got ticketed because it had overdue plates and was sitting for a long time. I was upset at my sister for not taking care of my mom's business, and we couldn't sell her car, because it didn't have a clear title. So, my sister had the car towed over to her house. One evening she called me and said she had the "car business" taken care of. She gave the car to some guy who drives Demo Derbies. I said, we don't have a clear title...and she said he says we don't need one. This guy took my mom's car and drove it derbies!! And the car was titled in my mom's name.
I'm thinking ....if this guy knows how to do this.....maybe other derby guys do too? I mean, if you strip a car down to almost bare bones and use it to get all crashed up....what if it were stolen? No one would know, would they?

Great thinking! That could be what LM meant about the titles. The derby cars are rarely, if ever, on the road. They're just pulled to derbies, and pulled back. Not so much that they're stolen, but that they may be like your mom's car. Some of what I've seen on the derby sites that are for sale are just like shells (or wrecks). No need for a title at that point.

The last case I sleuthed was the Billings murders in Pensacola. Byrd Billings and Henry Cab Tice were involved in used car lots, the "buy here, pay here kind". It was suggested that they were working with local chop shops to disassemble stolen cars and sell their individual parts for profit. To avoid being caught, they would take it apart and remove the VIN so the owner and the police will never be able to find it. It was also suggested that "processed" stolen cars were being sent to Costa Rica - which is a huge market for cars, a way station for drug cartels and a hide out for fugitives from justice. It seems like this case could involve any number of these factors.

He went to pre trial in February where it was rescheduled for April 22 then he just disappears on the face of the net nothing in regards to the April date I could find anywhere. Then the Pike Co website says dismissed indicted by grand jury but I have no clue what exactly that means and it's dated December but he was in court in February.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...-set-jenkins-final-pretrial-hearing/80622902/

It means it's been dismissed by the county court and taken over by the court of common pleas. I'm not sure why, but jury trials here are handled in a different court.

I just listened to her 911 call again. The operator was asking for the address, and she said the street...Union Hill Road. I don't think she knew the house number, so she walked out to the mailbox. Then she tells the operator 4077. That's probably why she walked out there. Out in the country, you don't necessarily put your house number on your house...it's on your mailbox. Just my 2cents worth

Yes, I know. The point is that she did not say (as someone else here had suggested), "Let's walk to the mailbox," as though she had someone with her at that moment.

In the scenario of ATV(s?) being used by the criminals to get sneak access to the crime scenes, would you think they travelled via road or via trail? I've kicked the idea around of arrival via ATV to the rear of the property, but IIRC FR had dogs tethered near that area of his trailer at least.

Scent hounds are pretty awesome for two things: smelling stuff and then barking at it.

I swear my hounds never shut up. Ever. My oldest definitely has different "voices" though. I can tell right off when she isn't barking to bark. It gets my attention. Then again, not when I'm asleep.

One has to ask what is being preserved by a near total information blackout - evidence or political futures? Folks, we are approaching a month and we do not even have a bolo.

I'm not on here much, well until this case happened. I actually forgot (gosh, I'm sorry) about it until I read about the Rhodens. And got sucked in. I hope everyone realizes that every single person that posts on here has theories based on how they process information and their own filters. "Something" has caused every one of these theories to be ignited in someone's mind/imagination. It's like some people have tried to make the point earlier, and I agree, that theories aren't meant to be shot down by someone just because it isn't their pet theory. When the arrests are made, then we can deal with facts. We know very little right now. So unless you're saying glow in the dark giant armed earthworms assisted by owls did it ...

One has to ask what is being preserved by a near total information blackout - evidence or political futures? Folks, we are approaching a month and we do not even have a bolo.

I've been thinking all along they have so many avenues to investigate. Look at all the theories we've came up with. I think it may be a case of sorting POIs into categories ... there may be one than one type of arrest to be made when this is all said and done.

I've been thinking all along they have so many avenues to investigate. Look at all the theories we've came up with. I think it may be a case of sorting POIs into categories ... there may be one than one type of arrest to be made when this is all said and done.
I agree. I am not maligning the dead, but the fact is they were involved in at least one illegal activity. While that may have been the cause of their deaths, it isn't impossible that they were killed for something completely unrelated.
I believe that this investigation is shining a light on some things that are making a lot of people more than than a little nervous. I expect we will see several arrests.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

He showed according to the court records at the above link

Thanks. I was getting confused about the confusion about the 22nd and "dismissed" discussion. I think the only mystery now is whether or not a new court date has been established and if he is still in town or not.

Do we know if there is a future court date established for any of the 2 shooting incidents that he was involved in?

I don't think it's uncommon, but I admit have no experience with this. I can say that what brought me to WS is a case where a young wife and mother was shot in her bed. Her husband claimed "an intruder" had done it, after subduing him first (he was asleep on the couch).
It took LE over a month to arrest him with only one victim. I would expect the Rhoden/Gilley investigation to move a lot slower given the sheer number of victims and potential suspects. Look at how many theories we have come up with. I just hope there isn't a cover up.

Thanks. I was getting confused about the confusion about the 22nd and "dismissed" discussion. I think the only mystery now is whether or not a new court date has been established and if he is still in town or not.

Do we know if there is a future court date established for any of the 2 shooting incidents that he was involved in?

The next court date is July 2016 I forget the exact date but it's available at the link provided earlier

I don't think it's uncommon, but I admit have no experience with this. I can say that what brought me to WS is a case where a young wife and mother was shot in her bed. Her husband claimed "an intruder" had done it, after subduing him first (he was asleep on the couch).
It took LE over a month to arrest him with only one victim. I would expect the Rhoden/Gilley investigation to move a lot slower given the sheer number of victims and potential suspects. Look at how many theories we have come up with. I just hope there isn't a cover up.

Since they can't make the search warrants public, because it will interfere with other investigations, we might not hear too much more till they make arrests. It's just scary there's people out there this evil, and it appears authorities have no idea, can't imagine being a local and not knowing.

The last case I sleuthed was the Billings murders in Pensacola. Byrd Billings and Henry Cab Tice were involved in used car lots, the "buy here, pay here kind". It was suggested that they were working with local chop shops to disassemble stolen cars and sell their individual parts for profit. To avoid being caught, they would take it apart and remove the VIN so the owner and the police will never be able to find it. It was also suggested that "processed" stolen cars were being sent to Costa Rica - which is a huge market for cars, a way station for drug cartels and a hide out for fugitives from justice. It seems like this case could involve any number of these factors.

Same page, sister! There could be a huge network of crime surrounding these cars.

Same page, sister! There could be a huge network of crime surrounding these cars.

This is what's freaking me out, it could be about cars, can't wrap my mind around it, executing people over crime with cars. It could very well be the reason since there's so many, and they're taking the cars in as part of the investigation. It's easier for me to see drugs, revenge, trying to cover up associations of crime with drugs and cars. I just keep thinking about the grow ops the AG is talking about, if he's just saying there's alot of plants growing, like little plants in trays, even 200 is really nothing. Many of the plants don't make it, so growing alot of little transplants wouldn't be unusual living in the country making some money or personnal use with family and friends. I swear if this is about stupid cars, it will blow my mind.

This is what's freaking me out, it could be about cars, can't wrap my mind around it, executing people over crime with cars. It could very well be the reason since there's so many, and they're taking the cars in as part of the investigation. It's easier for me to see drugs, revenge, trying to cover up associations of crime with drugs and cars. I just keep thinking about the grow ops the AG is talking about, if he's just saying there's alot of plants growing, like little plants in trays, even 200 is really nothing. Many of the plants don't make it, so growing alot of little transplants wouldn't be unusual living in the country making some money or personnal use with family and friends. I swear if this is about stupid cars, it will blow my mind.

The cars are a very common link between most of the victims. Buying, fixing, selling, storing, transporting, cars involves all but one possibly two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper