OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My crazy theory was that KR death was unrelated to the others. I was traveling happily down that rabbit hole until I remembered he was supposed to get up at 5:30 am. There no way someone heard about the others on the radio and decided it was a perfect opportunity to kill KR.
Grrr.
I know nothing lol

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Unless it's someone that CRsr knew I'd think it would be frowned upon

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JMO but it seems to be quite an "extended family" and sad to say IMO I think some of them were DR's worst enemies. This is all just my own personal opinion/gut instinct.

Charles Reader said he had never interacted with the Rhoden family "in a criminal nature." He seemed to be speaking about himself personally. That, to my knowledge, is all he has said.

Also, unless it is something pretty major, the sheriff normally doesn't respond to everyday calls. I'll tack this little tidbit on here instead of doing another post. Went down to my property today to mow, and I could be wrong, but I thought I had read that Union Hill Road had been opened to all traffic, BS, the sheriff is still there, and has triangles across the road in place of barricades that were there. I only passed two cruisers today though instead of a dozen. Daggone I hope they solve this soon.

But, if that was the case, someone would have had to wiped his gun hand down. I think by this time, they may have figured out, based on bullet trajectory and angle of the body, etc... if he were a suicide. On the surface it looks to point that way but I just don't see it w/this much time passing.

We don't know if his gun hand may or may not have been wiped down at this point... We don't know how many hours someone could have spent cleaning and/or staging things there...

This is what's freaking me out, it could be about cars, can't wrap my mind around it, executing people over crime with cars. It could very well be the reason since there's so many, and they're taking the cars in as part of the investigation. It's easier for me to see drugs, revenge, trying to cover up associations of crime with drugs and cars. I just keep thinking about the grow ops the AG is talking about, if he's just saying there's alot of plants growing, like little plants in trays, even 200 is really nothing. Many of the plants don't make it, so growing alot of little transplants wouldn't be unusual living in the country making some money or personnal use with family and friends. I swear if this is about stupid cars, it will blow my mind.

I have been thinking about all the home invasions. The ones doing those are able to enter peoples home while they are asleep, not just enter but carry out half the house without waking anyone up.

I keep coming back to those cars. The cars are the key to this, since that is the only tangible evidence that LE has let us know they have other than the pot. LE never tows that many vehicles for evidence so they have to be important.

What if the Rhodens were not the ones stealing the cars, but were buying them and a confrontation ensued from that enterprise. Or the Rhodens were buying them and didn't know they were stolen but somehow found out and a confrontation ensued where the Rhodens threatened to go to LE? Isn't it possible that people who steal cars would also be into burglary and home invasions? If so, given what we all know about home invasions, wouldn't it be possible they got into an argument with CR1 and planned this attack on the whole family? Isn't it possible someone like that could get into all the homes without alerting anyone? JMO

As of yet no one has said what lead up to the confrontation on Union Hill road.

Does anyone know if CR1 recently sold any property? Is there a way to find that out from property records?

My biggest concern here is the sheer number of schedules that someone had to contend with to be able to kill all 8 of these people in one night-at four different locations. It truly boggles the mind that someone unknown to them, or even casually known to them through "business", would be able to pin these people down at just the right time.

I mean, let's think about it....

Chris Sr. worked odd jobs, so he never really had a set "daily" schedule. He also traveled fairly frequently to these out of town car auctions, some of which were as far away as Michigan. On top of that, he'd just had a new grandchild and had enough going on in his life in general to keep him fairly busy.

Gary lived in Greenup, and was only down visiting Chris Sr., so if he was a target and not just an inconvenience that needed killed because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time...how did anyone know he'd be there?

Frankie was known to hunt, fish, hang out with friends and go mudding, work on derby cars and (I think) worked at a saw mill as well. He had two kids...one of which he had with Hannah G....who could well have been awake at that time. This is not to mention Hannah's schedule...who anyone with a young baby knows...is wonky at best on a good day! :) Errands, errands, more errands and a TON of sleepless nights.

Dana worked an unexpected/last minute double shift that night that even she didn't know about until she arrived at work that day, so she got off WAY later than she expected to.

Hanna R. had a VERY, VERY new baby..and, again...sleepless nights. Up and down and up and down. Not to mention, I am sure sleeping arrangements in their new house had only recently been established, and were probably even stranger than normal at that time due to the new addition.

Chris Jr. was 16. I am sure he had a social life, and it has been noted that he had enough friends to keep him fairly busy.

Kenneth had a day job (I think? Though I can't recall where), and DS noted that the guy was known to get up at 5:30 in the morning to work on cars. He also went to auctions on occasion, and I'm sure he had some kind of social life since he wasn't with his wife anymore....he is a grown man, after all. :)

The variables at play here in their day to day, and even evening schedules, is ENORMOUS. So many people, all of them doing different things....however, in one night...all of them died at the hand of someone who went to their homes and systematically wiped them out. I don't think this was simply "luck" that whoever did this found them there...they knew. Somehow, they knew these people were home....

This is why I am stuck on it being someone close to that family. Not only did they know where their homes were, they knew how to get in them...they could navigate around all of those cars/animals in the dark...they knew about surveillance at some of the homes...they knew schedules...they knew about Dana's new house.

My biggest concern here is the sheer number of schedules that someone had to contend with to be able to kill all 8 of these people in one night-at four different locations. It truly boggles the mind that someone unknown to them, or even casually known to them through "business", would be able to pin these people down at just the right time.

I mean, let's think about it....

Chris Sr. worked odd jobs, so he never really had a set "daily" schedule. He also traveled fairly frequently to these out of town car auctions, some of which were as far away as Michigan. On top of that, he'd just had a new grandchild and had enough going on in his life in general to keep him fairly busy.

Gary lived in Greenup, and was only down visiting Chris Sr., so if he was a target and not just an inconvenience that needed killed because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time...how did anyone know he'd be there?

Frankie was known to hunt, fish, hang out with friends and go mudding, work on derby cars and (I think) worked at a saw mill as well. He had two kids...one of which he had with Hannah G....who could well have been awake at that time. This is not to mention Hannah's schedule...who anyone with a young baby knows...is wonky at best on a good day! :) Errands, errands, more errands and a TON of sleepless nights.

Dana worked an unexpected/last minute double shift that night that even she didn't know about until she arrived at work that day, so she got off WAY later than she expected to.

Hanna R. had a VERY, VERY new baby..and, again...sleepless nights. Up and down and up and down. Not to mention, I am sure sleeping arrangements in their new house had only recently been established, and were probably even stranger than normal at that time due to the new addition.

Chris Jr. was 16. I am sure he had a social life, and it has been noted that he had enough friends to keep him fairly busy.

Kenneth had a day job (I think? Though I can't recall where), and DS noted that the guy was known to get up at 5:30 in the morning to work on cars. He also went to auctions on occasion, and I'm sure he had some kind of social life since he wasn't with his wife anymore....he is a grown man, after all. :)

The variables at play here in their day to day, and even evening schedules, is ENORMOUS. So many people, all of them doing different things....however, in one night...all of them died at the hand of someone who went to their homes and systematically wiped them out. I don't think this was simply "luck" that whoever did this found them there...they knew. Somehow, they knew these people were home....

This is why I am stuck on it being someone close to that family. Not only did they know where their homes were, they knew how to get in them...they could navigate around all of those cars/animals in the dark...they knew about surveillance at some of the homes...they knew schedules...they knew about Dana's new house.

I think the black of night gave them a bit of assurance they would all be home. And the cover of darkness. But you're so right I think about the fact Dana had NOT been in that house long.

Thank you!! A while back, before I found out about WS, I posted this same theory on a message board most are familiar with. It was a pretty long post. The post I made showed as posted, but as soon as I refreshed my browser it was gone. I was on my phone and it took me a pretty good amount of time to write the theory so I never rewrote it (Needless to say I copy all my posts now before hitting the post button because of that lol)

Anyways, as I mentioned above, I have the same thought as you. I had even questioned in my post if those search warrants were possibly available. I know most say they were growing their own, but what if they were receiving shipments to turn into shatter and then ship back...or maybe it was a stronger strain then they grew making it better to use when producing the shatter...just my thoughts :)

Exactly.

And even if they used some of their own grow plants for the shatter they probably did not have near enough weed to keep up with trying to make the THC oil. My understanding is it takes a lot of weed to make very little quantites of shatter. So I doubt they could grow enough to keep up with how much they wanted to make.

This is all assuming that shatter was even being made there of course.

The only other reason I think shatter could have been made there is the grow operations were in multiple places there so it seems they did want as big a supply as they could muster which could hint towards needing to supply something like a shatter operation.

Also, unless it is something pretty major, the sheriff normally doesn't respond to everyday calls. I'll tack this little tidbit on here instead of doing another post. Went down to my property today to mow, and I could be wrong, but I thought I had read that Union Hill Road had been opened to all traffic, BS, the sheriff is still there, and has triangles across the road in place of barricades that were there. I only passed two cruisers today though instead of a dozen. Daggone I hope they solve this soon.

Well, thanks for looking. Did you try flashing your official Websleuths badge to drive by? :)

At first, it looked like someone had a beef w/ CR1 & DR and took out their entire family, but GR was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Then, they discovered KR, and that changed the whole dynamic for me. KR didn't do it and commit suicide. That's been established. I think CR1 was at the top, then KR, then GR. I'm sure FR knew about the marijuana and helped w/it. BJM had to be privy to everything too. (Yet, she wasn't murdered.) They all knew, (unless those four kept the grow op locked down and no others w/access), but those four were the main ones working with it, (and I'm thinking BJM had some hands on with it). What could one, or all, of those four, have done to someone, to bring this upon their entire family? Revenge? If it's a revenge killing, about a 1/3 of all these type killings (mass) are family related.* The assailant is most often male. They blame their family for their lack of success/happiness. Have access to weapons, are usually a loner type, likely to have a mental illness, and have probably planned this for quite some time.

I'm still not in the BJM &/or DS did it camp, but, in theory, they are the two family members whose planned activities changed. BJM usually got there earlier, IIRC, and it was not normal to bring two other people w/her. DS was supposed to spend the night w/KR but said he decided to go home (what time?), but then did not show up at 5:30**, when he said KR normally got up to work on/go to auctions, to go help him, as they'd planned.

*The other two most common mass killings is 1) co-worker related and 2) blames society and kills random people.
** The time that it's been noted that shots were heard in that area.

The only other thing these people have in common other than cars is the confrontation on Union Hill road. No one has ever said what lead up to that confrontation. Anger is a good motive also.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Margo/Mom
I did give that a quick thought, but it then raised the question--how might one make shatter or equipment disappear, given the time-frame? We're pretty certain that her companions were still with her when she made the 911 call (we can hear at least one background voice). Meanwhile, the plants are there.

Judging by the video I watched, the answer is yes, a smaller unit could be broken down very quickly and stashed in a trunk. Naturally, you aren't going to put a 14' long pipe (as in the recently busted shatter lab) in a trunk, but the pipe doesn't have to be that long. The one I saw in the video was about 12-18", so the butane to feed that should be a tank about like on your gas grill, maybe smaller. I'm not sure of the exact formula of butane to weed to tube length.

A trunk could hold the equipment and an enormous dollar amount of shatter as well.

The video showed the 18" tube, a tripod holding the tube and a cake pan, did not show the butane supply. They stuffed approx. 1/2 lb of weed into the tube to make approx. 1 1/2" of shatter in the pan.
So the theory "clean up", might fit with the end of the 911 call, where some hear "good job" I've always heard "we got...(click)".

Not laying blame, not judging, just expanding upon theories as they are given.

*shields up* :)

Just adding - I can name one Ohio race track where country boys drive their prepped race cars to the track, using all the back roads. Some are even able to drive them back home. Yes, they should be using trailers!

Cake Pan sounds an awful lot like the Tray that was discussed as being left in the shed.

Could that tray that was talked about have been a pan used in making shatter I wonder?

Cake Pan sounds an awful lot like the Tray that was discussed as being left in the shed.

Could that tray that was talked about have been a pan used in making shatter I wonder?

The way DS worded it in his interview, it had me thinking it was like a "flat" of flowers you get at a garden store. Individual pockets of soil in a molded plastic "tray". They come in varying sizes, say from 8 to 12 per flat.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fla...MAhWE4CYKHWXGBAUQsAQIHA&biw=800&bih=381&dpr=2

My crazy theory was that KR death was unrelated to the others. I was traveling happily down that rabbit hole until I remembered he was supposed to get up at 5:30 am. There no way someone heard about the others on the radio and decided it was a perfect opportunity to kill KR.
Grrr.
I know nothing lol

I have kind of entertained the thought that maybe KR was found a bit earlier than someone has led us to believe, and that left open a crime of opportunity, then, they could leave KRs, go get the person that accompanied them to KRs, pretend to arrive and find KR for the first time, make the 911 call, and have a witness. The rumored money strewn on his body was like, the killer(s) took an amount of $$$ and, oops, dropped some on their way out. I know it's far fetched but I just feel uncertain about DS and I'm not ready to say he and BJM are in cahoots, or murdered anyone, but their stories just don't wash for me.

I have kind of entertained the thought that maybe KR was found a bit earlier than someone has led us to believe, and that left open a crime of opportunity, then, they could leave KRs, go get the person that accompanied them to KRs, pretend to arrive and find KR for the first time, make the 911 call, and have a witness. The rumored money strewn on his body was like, the killer(s) took an amount of $$$ and, oops, dropped some on their way out. I know it's far fetched but I just feel uncertain about DS and I'm not ready to say he and BJM are in cahoots, or murdered anyone, but their stories just don't wash for me.
I can see that about DS. Something about the way his story has grown since day one is just off.

I was searching through photos of the places where the houses are looking for any piping or ladders that were described in one of the articles.

WHat is that one pipe contraption in the 14th picture down that looks like a giant bicycle rack. LE has police tape wrapped to it. It is some kind of contraption made of pipe and is very large.

Anybody know what that is?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-execution-style-massacre-eight-people.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
distrustHUMANS24