OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the $30,000 was a loan from the bank, wasn't it? I thought at first it was just their own money, and couldn't see having that much money from just odd jobs, but I think it was a loan.

$30,000 down plus $30,000 loan for a purchase price of $60,000....

At first, it looked like someone had a beef w/ CR1 & DR and took out their entire family, but GR was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Then, they discovered KR, and that changed the whole dynamic for me. KR didn't do it and commit suicide. That's been established. I think CR1 was at the top, then KR, then GR. I'm sure FR knew about the marijuana and helped w/it. BJM had to be privy to everything too. (Yet, she wasn't murdered.) They all knew, (unless those four kept the grow op locked down and no others w/access), but those four were the main ones working with it, (and I'm thinking BJM had some hands on with it). What could one, or all, of those four, have done to someone, to bring this upon their entire family? Revenge? If it's a revenge killing, about a 1/3 of all these type killings (mass) are family related.* The assailant is most often male. They blame their family for their lack of success/happiness. Have access to weapons, are usually a loner type, likely to have a mental illness, and have probably planned this for quite some time.

I'm still not in the BJM &/or DS did it camp, but, in theory, they are the two family members whose planned activities changed. BJM usually got there earlier, IIRC, and it was not normal to bring two other people w/her. DS was supposed to spend the night w/KR but said he decided to go home (what time?), but then did not show up at 5:30**, when he said KR normally got up to work on/go to auctions, to go help him, as they'd planned.

*The other two most common mass killings is 1) co-worker related and 2) blames society and kills random people.
** The time that it's been noted that shots were heard in that area.

It hasn't been determined that KR was not a suicide that I know of. Just Dewine saying none appeared to have been a suicide... KR being shot once makes it possible, if that is correct. The gun could have been removed. A pond is pretty close by for disposal...

Another possible theory on the cars... could it be possible they received the cars in exchange for other goods? For example, someone wanted something the Rhodens had but that said person didn't have any cash $$ so instead they exchanged a vehicle for what they wanted? And/or, people had been fronted particular items, such as marijuana for an example, and didn't pay, so their car was then taken/stolen/or whatever in exchange for a debt going unpaid? Just some thoughts....

I am remembering the young man who recently said he rode along with Chris Sr. to keep him company
when CR made car buying/selling trips.
Something he said made me wonder, but I don't have link.

Did he say they went to Detroit?

Why travel all the way to Detroit to buy or sell cars? Detroit is a red flag .

it's in this article. i can no longer access it unless i clear my cookies...

"... a 19-year-old friend of siblings Christopher Rhoden Jr., 16, and Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, 20, said he'd gone with Christopher Rhoden Sr. four or five times..."

"He said Rhoden would go to the bank, withdraw cash needed to buy a vehicle, go get it and haul it back. Hart said he was not involved in the purchases and only accompanied the elder Rhoden on trips."

"I only went to keep him company,"

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news...cars/84433962/

It's confusing to me, also. If it's $30,000 cash down, that's sure alot of money just for doing odd jobs here and there. It's hard to get a loan here even with a steady job, banks are very strict.
I don't recall if he owned the place he lived or rented...if he owned it that makes it a lot easier to accumulate money
Apparently there was a kid in Logan County executed because he spoke with LE re: his association with a big chop-sop guy.

I don't think that is the case here. Where I do think the cars COULD come in has to do with providing links to who they were selling weed through--and how they could have gotten on the wrong side of some pretty messed up folks.

Can someone clarify something for me? Was there another Rhoden brother, a brother of CRSr & GR, also living on Left Fork Rd? I believe that was a listed address for BR? Was he home that night of the homicides?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have a question that may or may not be ok to answer if someone knows. There is a woman with/near LM at the funeral dressed in a red and black shirt she is also in an interview he gave to reporters when everyone was wearing orange shirts. She was also with the young pregnant girl that had wings and an R painted on her stomach.....does anyone know who this is? Thanks...

I asked before but don't recall an answer. Did CR Sr. own the land where "Frankie" lived? From what I've seen he didn't unless the paper work was not finished....

As for another motive, pilfering a crop you were being paid to watch over. Or not watching the crop close enough to keep it safe from being pilfered. Want a motive? There must be hundreds....

After reading an article about the unsolved murder of three young men near Lexington, KY, I had an idea. Perhaps there is no real clear cut motive at all. Maybe the killer(s) responded to a Facebook posting or another online advertisement about a vehicle for sale and set up a meeting to take a look at the vehicle. It is possible they/he showed up one or several days before the murder and were shown around the place to look at a number of vehicles the family wanted to sell. Maybe a purchase was made, or a promised transaction took place. The killer(s) could have returned in the middle of the night, murdered the family, taken a vehicle (or not) and maybe tossed the payment on KR's bed.

I know this sounds off the wall, but there is always the possibility than a nasty, ruthless, sociopath with no real connection to them just found them and slaughtered them for his own amusement.

it's in this article. i can no longer access it unless i clear my cookies...

"... a 19-year-old friend of siblings Christopher Rhoden Jr., 16, and Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, 20, said he'd gone with Christopher Rhoden Sr. four or five times..."

"He said Rhoden would go to the bank, withdraw cash needed to buy a vehicle, go get it and haul it back. Hart said he was not involved in the purchases and only accompanied the elder Rhoden on trips."

"I only went to keep him company,"

Thank you.
I did not remember correctly. Sorry. Correction.

Did not say Detroit.

Just Michigan and West Va.

After reading an article about the unsolved murder of three young men near Lexington, KY, I had an idea. Perhaps there is no real clear cut motive at all. Maybe the killer(s) responded to a Facebook posting or another online advertisement about a vehicle for sale and set up a meeting to take a look at the vehicle. It is possible they/he showed up one or several days before the murder and were shown around the place to look at a number of vehicles the family wanted to sell. Maybe a purchase was made, or a promised transaction took place. The killer(s) could have returned in the middle of the night, murdered the family, taken a vehicle (or not) and maybe tossed the payment on KR's bed.

I know this sounds off the wall, but there is always the possibility than a nasty, ruthless, sociopath with no real connection to them just found them and slaughtered them for his own amusement.
I don't see this being "realistic" at all. Mainly because of all of those who were killed at all the different locations. A "casual acquaintance" such as you suggest would not know who all the extended family was, where they lived, or anything else about them. Furthermore, what reason would they have for killing all these others?

This is MOO
Someone needed money. CR1 wouldn't give ? the money. CR1 then go's and purchases the property so DR can live. You could look at it as jealousy or revenge.
OR
2: Whom ever CR1 purchased the property from found out that 1/2 the money to purchase the property was dirty money.

Just MOO

Does anyone else find it a little odd that the Sheriff's office said they didn't really have any familiarity with the Rhoden family yet there were quite a few traffic and/or criminal citations issued to almost every member that was murdered? I also find it interesting that almost all of Josh Rhoden's contact with LE was for drug related incidents. http://www.pikecountycourt.org/

One interesting point here: the money was in the bank, no stashes of cash at the house.

I did give that a quick thought, but it then raised the question--how might one make shatter or equipment disappear, given the time-frame? We're pretty certain that her companions were still with her when she made the 911 call (we can hear at least one background voice). Meanwhile, the plants are there.

Is this the type of thing that could be put in the trunk of a car?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

If someone with a badge comes to interview you more than twice in a capital murder investigation (just assuming the aggravators are in place for such a charge) , it's not because they enjoy your coffee.

Is this the type of thing that could be put in the trunk of a car?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Reading about the shatter operation, I understand it involves a very long pipe that must go on the outside of the structure.
I don't think that pipe could be removed easily or quickly or put into a trunk of a car. Also thought shatter involved some dangerous chemical or method of extraction that was potentially explosive. I don't see a shatter operation being dismantled
quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member