OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
b837cc612919081c0a5a0b837085baba.jpg

Random. But was driving behind this on my way to work today. Gave me chills thinking about the people driving behind the murder scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought that BJM yelled for the child to unlock the door. I can't quickly reference the quote, but I know that there's been a lot of discussion about how the toddler could unlock the door and the various types of doors that could have made it possible.

My apologies. This was at the Frankie's house when she yelled for Brently to unlock the door.

hi everyone! im new to this and a little late to the game lol so bear with me, but has anyone come up with any theories as to how the unsub could have gottin into 4 different proporties without a single person knowing they were in their home? were there signs of forced entry to any of the homes? were there spare keys outside the homes that only certain people knew about? obviously this is a remote location so the unsub would have to drive right? are there tire tracks at the proporties? is this why they towed some of the vehicles from the proporties? did the unsub park down the road and walk and if so are there some kind of foot prints? is there somewhere to pull a car off the side of the road and leave it parked without drawing attention? why didnt the dogs bark?? if a car were to pull in the drive way or someone walk up to the house in the middle of the night wouldnt they alert their owners? the only way my dog is not barking is if he knows you......

http://www.policemag.com/channel/weapons/articles/2016/01/9mm-vs-40-caliber.aspx

comparison of ammo used by LE in Glock (not for the squeamish)

All I could think of is that someone who was trained shot tissue wounds on CRsr at least 7-8 times. Seems to me someone was trying to find out where something ($$$) was hidden and was working quickly. I feel certain that Gary and Chris were awake and aware together. I can imagine a psychopathic cop shooting one to get the other to divulge and then doing the same to the other. It would have been over in 10 -15 minutes max. If there was an extortion ultimatum given, then the perp couldn't risk the others knowing. I wonder if the money was kept at Kenneth's as it was far more discreet.

Thanks, that was a good article. I have been thinking the same as you- killer was looking for money.

Were any arrests ever disclosed from the shrink wrapped marijuana shipment intercepted at the local post office?

One of my standing theories is involving this incident.
This is the previous incident that I think these murders may be tied to. I saw an article and I wish I could find it now. It had LE hinting that they wanted to go after the big fish and that hinted that maybe LE had setup an informant related to who got busted in that incident.

If someone was an informant and somehow tied to the properties then some big fish may have caught wind about it and decided to eliminate anybody that could testify against them.

This theory is at top of my list of theories. Will try to find article about it.

That is not a website to the daycare. That's some other site that lists schools.
The Little Blessings Daycare has a Facebook page with the correct information on it.

I realize that, but, it has tabs to click for more info about Little Blessings Daycare... Yes there is a Facebook page, too, but there seems to be no one running or using the Daycare Center...

One of my standing theories is involving this incident.
This is the previous incident that I think these murders may be tied to. I saw an article and I wish I could find it now. It had LE hinting that they wanted to go after the big fish and that hinted that maybe LE had setup an informant related to who got busted in that incident.

If someone was an informant and somehow tied to the properties then some big fish may have caught wind about it and decided to eliminate anybody that could testify against them.

This theory is at top of my list of theories. Will try to find article about it.

Top of my list as well.

Or telling a child good job.
Personally I think the "Good Job" in from the 911 operator's supervisor. I've worked in a call center (don't recommend it lol) and sometimes our supervisors would listen to our calls to audit them. For all we know the dispatcher was new and this was her first live day.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I have also seen heroin :)

While I haven't seen anything in the very limited evidence to point that way, I wonder about heroin, along with meth and shatter. Not because of anything specific here, but simply because those are the current issues being faced across the county. Killing 8 people tends to point in the direction of something large in terms of motive. The reported number of MJ plants is smallish, although there could be more, those could be just the clones (or source for clones?).

I also think that the numbers killed points away from relational killing (personal beefs over cash, land, spouses or exes, etc). Getting even doesn't require an entire family--even if one is worried about potential witnesses. Ditto theft.

So--while I think that the terminology "Mexican cartel" is both vague and inflammatory, there is evidence of organized crime connections with Mexican nationals within the county. Likewise, there is plentiful evidence of gang involvement in drug distribution in the closest markets: Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland, Columbus. I believe that there was also a note that among the first horde of folks interviewed (30-some?), many were from Chillicothe--which has been sorely drug-plagued simply because if its location on 23 (probably also unemployment).

Agree that IJ was most likely a wannabe. On the other hand, when he and friends showed up in the immediate area, it seems they punched some buttons. Maybe the Rs were expecting someone else?

Anyway--if I were LE, I would at least be looking for a reason to rule out some things like heroin, meth and shatter.

Top of my list as well.

Here is Reader's press release. http://wp2.pikecosheriff.com/?p=1483

Here is a local article. http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_2b29ce0c-27a4-5f3b-9c28-ff921fe53003.html

And this was in Feb. So they identify the intended recipient and another party. They obtain a search warrant for a 'local residence' (any media ever take a look at that affidavit and return or will it be sealed too?) They say they find the BHO site, and cite evidence of recent extractions. But I can find no indication of any arrests for either crime. Did someone roll?

I am new here so look over me with this question? With able bodied folks on the property.. WHY would anyone have to come and tend to ones animals at such an hour? Especially with gas not being cheap. I can't get past this for some reason.

Could have been she had a share in the animals they were raising. They put up the cash for purchase and feed, she puts in the labor to care for them, they split the profit when they sell. Doesn't strike me as unusual.

Properties released to family of Pike County victims this is a link to the latest artical from cincinnati.com. theres really no new information but it does have a bunch of pictures of the proporties after the trailers were removed.
The pictures of the mailboxes are really difficult to look at. It is good to be reminded these were real people.

He may have begun to think they called for the reward AFTER he heard about the reward himself. He may have thought that but did not realize it wasn't even possible because of the timing of their calls and timing of the reward being offered. So maybe it is not anything suspicous but just a mistake on his part not realizing it wasn't possible based on timing of things. He maybe threw this out there during the interview not realizing it was not possible.

Whether they called for the reward or not one would think it would still show what his ex's opinion of him if they believed he was capable of murdering 8 people. If indeed they did cal l(and as some have pointed out we have only his word they did so) then that means two of the people who knew him thought he had it in him to do it. To me that speaks a lot about his character.

The pictures of the mailboxes are really difficult to look at. It is good to be reminded these were real people.

Discarded much like the lives were....

Not to mention at the time she states she thinks they were beat up, I don't think she thought they were shot or she would have said so. I also wouldn't think she would expect to walk over and find her nephew and financé killed regardless. She likely wasn't even remotely thinking clearly and hysterical. It's the first thing she thought of to do. She wasn't expecting to find 2 more dead bodies I'm sure. JMO.

Maybe she was overwhelmed with what she found and was going to go get Frankie to take charge of the whole situation. After all it was his father and women tend to defer to men when confronted with something that overwhelms them. I don't think she ever expected Frankie to be a victim also. As far as the locked door, it could have been unusual for the door to be locked since CR1's vehicle was there and it appears he was an early riser. Also she may have knocked on the door before getting the key. She could have left that detail out in the chaos and confusion.

I've seen some skepticism regarding DS based on his interview describing how he found KR, then found pot plants in the garage, then called 911, but it doesn't sound implausible to me.

Possible narrative:

1) DS and LR(?) show up to check on KR at his trailer on Left Fork Rd. at some point after the extended family gets notified of the deaths on Union HIll Rd. DS finds KR dead.

2) DS heads to the (very close) garage and looks inside, possibly to see if he can figure out what happened, or maybe just to make sure no one's waiting to shoot him and LR(?) in the back on their way out. He sees some pot plants in a tray.

3) DS knows he needs to call 911, but isn't exactly sure where to send them because he can't find a mailbox that lists the street number at 1084 Left Fork when he gets back to the driveway.

4) He and LR(?) hightail it out of there to family-owned property at 799 Left Fork where another relative is currently living. DS uses the address from the mailbox at this property to direct emergency services to the general area.

Just my theory, based on listening to DS 911 call and reading his interviews afterwards.

He sounded distracted to me. Maybe he was looking over his shoulder hoping no one started taking pop shots at him. After all he was way out in the boonies with just him and his cousin who was by the way another Rhoden. I know I would have been jumpy if that many members of my family had been killed in that many locations.

Here is Reader's press release. http://wp2.pikecosheriff.com/?p=1483

Here is a local article. http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_2b29ce0c-27a4-5f3b-9c28-ff921fe53003.html

And this was in Feb. So they identify the intended recipient and another party. They obtain a search warrant for a 'local residence' (any media ever take a look at that affidavit and return or will it be sealed too?) They say they find the BHO site, and cite evidence of recent extractions. But I can find no indication of any arrests for either crime. Did someone roll?

If the Rhodens were growing on UHR there is no reason anyone would be shipping weed across the country to a post office. If they wanted to make shatter they would use their crop not have it shipped in from CA. No connection what so ever IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine