OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading about the shatter operation, I understand it involves a very long pipe that must go on the outside of the structure.
I don't think that pipe could be removed easily or quickly or put into a trunk of a car. Also thought shatter involved some dangerous chemical or method of extraction that was potentially explosive. I don't see a shatter operation being dismantled
quickly.
Ok thanks. Reaching, I know, but was trying to find something that connected MJ to cars.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Margo/Mom
I did give that a quick thought, but it then raised the question--how might one make shatter or equipment disappear, given the time-frame? We're pretty certain that her companions were still with her when she made the 911 call (we can hear at least one background voice). Meanwhile, the plants are there.

Is this the type of thing that could be put in the trunk of a car?

Judging by the video I watched, the answer is yes, a smaller unit could be broken down very quickly and stashed in a trunk. Naturally, you aren't going to put a 14' long pipe (as in the recently busted shatter lab) in a trunk, but the pipe doesn't have to be that long. The one I saw in the video was about 12-18", so the butane to feed that should be a tank about like on your gas grill, maybe smaller. I'm not sure of the exact formula of butane to weed to tube length.

A trunk could hold the equipment and an enormous dollar amount of shatter as well.

The video showed the 18" tube, a tripod holding the tube and a cake pan, did not show the butane supply. They stuffed approx. 1/2 lb of weed into the tube to make approx. 1 1/2" of shatter in the pan.

So the theory "clean up", might fit with the end of the 911 call, where some hear "good job" I've always heard "we got...(click)".

Not laying blame, not judging, just expanding upon theories as they are given.

*shields up* :)

Just adding - I can name one Ohio race track where country boys drive their prepped race cars to the track, using all the back roads. Some are even able to drive them back home. Yes, they should be using trailers!

At first, it looked like someone had a beef w/ CR1 & DR and took out their entire family, but GR was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Then, they discovered KR, and that changed the whole dynamic for me. KR didn't do it and commit suicide. That's been established. I think CR1 was at the top, then KR, then GR. I'm sure FR knew about the marijuana and helped w/it. BJM had to be privy to everything too. (Yet, she wasn't murdered.) They all knew, (unless those four kept the grow op locked down and no others w/access), but those four were the main ones working with it, (and I'm thinking BJM had some hands on with it). What could one, or all, of those four, have done to someone, to bring this upon their entire family? Revenge? If it's a revenge killing, about a 1/3 of all these type killings (mass) are family related.* The assailant is most often male. They blame their family for their lack of success/happiness. Have access to weapons, are usually a loner type, likely to have a mental illness, and have probably planned this for quite some time.

I'm still not in the BJM &/or DS did it camp, but, in theory, they are the two family members whose planned activities changed. BJM usually got there earlier, IIRC, and it was not normal to bring two other people w/her. DS was supposed to spend the night w/KR but said he decided to go home (what time?), but then did not show up at 5:30**, when he said KR normally got up to work on/go to auctions, to go help him, as they'd planned.

*The other two most common mass killings is 1) co-worker related and 2) blames society and kills random people.
** The time that it's been noted that shots were heard in that area.

Do we know that BJM usually doesn't bring others with her? I haven't read that anywhere.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Margo/Mom
I did give that a quick thought, but it then raised the question--how might one make shatter or equipment disappear, given the time-frame? We're pretty certain that her companions were still with her when she made the 911 call (we can hear at least one background voice). Meanwhile, the plants are there.

Judging by the video I watched, the answer is yes, a smaller unit could be broken down very quickly and stashed in a trunk. Naturally, you aren't going to put a 14' long pipe (as in the recently busted shatter lab) in a trunk, but the pipe doesn't have to be that long. The one I saw in the video was about 12-18", so the butane to feed that should be a tank about like on your gas grill, maybe smaller. I'm not sure of the exact formula of butane to weed to tube length.

A trunk could hold the equipment and an enormous dollar amount of shatter as well.

The video showed the 18" tube, a tripod holding the tube and a cake pan, did not show the butane supply. They stuffed approx. 1/2 lb of weed into the tube to make 1 1/2" of shatter in the pan.

So the theory "clean up", might fit with the end of the 911 call, where some hear "good job" I've always heard "we got...(click)".

Not laying blame, not judging, just expanding upon theories as they are given.

*shields up* :)

Just adding - I can name one Ohio race track where country boys drive their prepped race cars to the track, using all the back roads. Some are even able to drive them back home. Yes, they should be using trailers!
So it isn't inconceivable that some of the cars could have had paraphernalia inside...

Does anyone else find it a little odd that the Sheriff's office said they didn't really have any familiarity with the Rhoden family yet there were quite a few traffic and/or criminal citations issued to almost every member that was murdered? I also find it interesting that almost all of Josh Rhoden's contact with LE was for drug related incidents. http://www.pikecountycourt.org/

Who is JOSH Rhoden? New one on me.

What I believe the Sheriff said--whether he was being truthful or not--was that he had had not contact with this family vis a vis their pot growing connection. IOW--he was not going to state publicly that:
A) he knew all about it and was on the take; or
B) he knew about it because he had been watching it as a part of some larger ongoing investigation.

or alternatively that:
C) he knew about it but he was such an incompetent that he had done anything about it.

So--no, I don't find it odd at all.

And maybe he really just didn't know.

Charles Reader said he had never interacted with the Rhoden family "in a criminal nature." He seemed to be speaking about himself personally. That, to my knowledge, is all he has said.

So it isn't inconceivable that some of the cars could have had paraphernalia inside...

Not at all in my opinion, depending on tube size and butane supply. I suppose the butane could be left behind and just take any contaminated equipment, along with finished product, if any.

Perps could have taken all finished product they could find, being the most valuable and compact.

A hypothetical "cleanup" could involve anything that LE might seize/confiscate. Not saying they were selling pills, but If I knew there was a bag of 1000 oxycodone pills (approx $20000-30000 street price) that were going to be confiscated, I would probably take them. Either to protect the family name, sell, or use.

I would probably not have the guts to do it with dead bodies laying around (if there was a stash in the house), but no one knows what they would do when in shock.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Not at all in my opinion, depending on tube size and butane supply. I suppose the butane could be left behind and just take any contaminated equipment, along with finished product, if any.

Perps could have taken all finished product they could find, being the most valuable and compact.
Well I was actually leaning towards BJM and friends concealing it in some of the cars scattered about, LE finding it and that being what prompted some of the cars being towed.

Well I was actually leaning towards BJM and friends concealing it in some of the cars scattered about, LE finding it and that being what prompted some of the cars being towed.

You could be right about that.
I didnt know the pipe aspect could be smaller, shorter, as ColMustard explained.
Maybe items were concealed in the vehicles.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ColMustard

Right, and there's also different ways that could've played out.

Finished product could be motive for robbery as well.

As far as we know, this murder case is solved and LE is working on the cases developed as a result. ???

Without more info, we're just hanging around waiting.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by ColMustard

Right, and there's also different ways that could've played out.

Finished product could be motive for robbery as well.

As far as we know, this murder case is solved and LE is working on the cases developed as a result. ???

Without more info, we're just hanging around waiting.

True. I'm half expecting to see some headline like "Rhoden suspects charged, 32 others charged in related indictments. Film at 11".

Do we know that BJM usually doesn't bring others with her? I haven't read that anywhere.
Unless it's someone that CRsr knew I'd think it would be frowned upon

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Unless it's someone that CRsr knew I'd think it would be frowned upon

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
what would he think of her bringing them that morning?

ETA: since BJM brought people with her that morning not knowing that CR Sr was dead, wouldn't we assume he was all right with that generally? It depends on what BJM knew.

Does anyone else find it a little odd that the Sheriff's office said they didn't really have any familiarity with the Rhoden family yet there were quite a few traffic and/or criminal citations issued to almost every member that was murdered? I also find it interesting that almost all of Josh Rhoden's contact with LE was for drug related incidents. http://www.pikecountycourt.org/

When doing a very generic search of the last name Rhoden you get 81 results. Of the 81 results, on 11 of those are Sheriff. 70 are OSP or n/a. Of the 11 Sheriff, only 6 of them are for people who were murdered. One for CR, 3 for DR and 2 for KR. The other 5 are for other Rhoden members not even immediate family. Not exactly sure when Reader came into office but of the 6 that pertained to the murdered family, the only one recent was CR in 2013. If you consider 2013 recent. Though I still don't think C. Reader was in office then. Also, a few have noted that some arrests are from a B. Reader. Of the 6, one was B. Reader for KR. B. Reader is related to C. Reader.
I don't recall the Sheriff's office saying they didn't have familiarity. I believe C. Reader worded his answer carefully to say that HE didn't.

I am remembering the young man who recently said he rode along with Chris Sr. to keep him company
when CR made car buying/selling trips.
Something he said made me wonder, but I don't have link.

Did he say they went to Detroit?

Why travel all the way to Detroit to buy or sell cars? Detroit is a red flag .

I'd guess auctions. (I've watched sooooo many car auctions on t.v.) that I'm guessing they went up there to big salvage car auctions.

Because they're part of a crime scene. They took their entire homes and all the contents too. I'm surprised they didn't take the chickens and dogs at this point. A warrant only means they have reason to search the property stated on the warrant (and they can use it to prevent the destruction of evidence). There's just too much blatant FB posting of trading parts, buying & selling of cars and car parts, on FB Trader sites. I just can't see them putting stolen cars on their lawn (and advertising them for sale on FB like that), especially w/a grow op at their home.

Heck with the chickens and dogs, I'd go for the 300-500 pound hog. :D

It hasn't been determined that KR was not a suicide that I know of. Just Dewine saying none appeared to have been a suicide... KR being shot once makes it possible, if that is correct. The gun could have been removed. A pond is pretty close by for disposal...

But, if that was the case, someone would have had to wiped his gun hand down. I think by this time, they may have figured out, based on bullet trajectory and angle of the body, etc... if he were a suicide. On the surface it looks to point that way but I just don't see it w/this much time passing.

After reading an article about the unsolved murder of three young men near Lexington, KY, I had an idea. Perhaps there is no real clear cut motive at all. Maybe the killer(s) responded to a Facebook posting or another online advertisement about a vehicle for sale and set up a meeting to take a look at the vehicle. It is possible they/he showed up one or several days before the murder and were shown around the place to look at a number of vehicles the family wanted to sell. Maybe a purchase was made, or a promised transaction took place. The killer(s) could have returned in the middle of the night, murdered the family, taken a vehicle (or not) and maybe tossed the payment on KR's bed.

I know this sounds off the wall, but there is always the possibility than a nasty, ruthless, sociopath with no real connection to them just found them and slaughtered them for his own amusement.
Had it been at one home only, then I could entertain it as a theft/thrill kill, but to be unknown to them, and go out of their way, to each home, I can't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member