OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's probably just me. That's how I keep it separate in some theories I have, b/c I think they've been reconciled for quite awhile from some indications, and were living together at DR's address.

Also boarded up windows on this trailer has been observed by sleuthers

They were not trail cams. I am pretty certain that it was a CCTV setup. I'd have to find the link. But that's totally different. CCTV is like what most of these little Stop & Go gas station stores have.

Thank you!! I keep seeing so many people talking about trail cams and never once have I seen any indication that there were any at all. Another one of those ideas that someone mentioned a while back that has become a "fact"

A distant relative?

No one was followed home from the post office. She was pulled over and taken back to Readers office and questioned and let go. Then after that they got a search warrant for the property on Beavers Creek Road. So if it's really important to figure out the people with a shatter lab, then go to property records and research every single resident on that road. :)

Thank you!! I keep seeing so many people talking about trail cams and never once have I seen any indication that there were any at all. Another one of those ideas that someone mentioned a while back that has become a "fact"

Not quite.

Also boarded up windows on this trailer has been observed by sleuthers

I may not be following this correctly.
When you say 'work room' do you mean the location and trailer where CR and GR were found?
If so, and you also think GR was staying at DR place, (and I think so too) even more odd that GR
and CR were in that 'work room' location in the night.
I can see this as possible but can't make sense of it.

First time posting here, I think I have read through most of what has been said.

I live close, real close to the crime scenes, and knew several of the Manley family members. I can tell you from personal experience there is NO way DR, CRjr, and FR did not know what was going on the dope. They all lived together in the white trailer prior to DR and family moving to 3122 Union Hill Road. There is also NO way LM was not aware, he spent more than half of his time travelling back and forth from his house to the white trailer (tarps on the roof). The 3122 property has been sitting empty for some time, and yes there are close houses. One being lived in by a friend of CRjr. The other being empty of regular residents to my knowledge as the elderly owners are deceased. The 3122 property was purchased from an elderly couple that have zero connection to the Rhoden family. Bottom line, and while it may not be a reason to wipe out a whole family, these people were all involved in the criminal activity. Don't let CRjr. age fool you.

Known to the family? Ignore if I am out of bounds. I have been quite busy with my little monsters so I have not been able to get on lately. Was really hoping that something new had come out.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Honestly cannot say who on here. Highly doubtful the person followed home from the post office knew any of the Rhodens.

The shatter operation has never again been mentioned in the news here, and no arrests have ever been made. Leads me to believe the matter has been dropped.

Honestly cannot say who on here. Highly doubtful the person followed home from the post office knew any of the Rhodens.

The shatter operation has never again been mentioned in the news here, and no arrests have ever been made. Leads me to believe the matter has been dropped.
Thank you for the reply and welcome 😁

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

How does that just get dropped? You have ganja mailed to a person. The person picks it up and it just gets dropped? If it in fact did just get dropped, I can see how there is so much crime there....Perhaps the force needs to be gutted and start over.

That scenario is very feasible. I too have been fleshing out an alternative order in which everyone was murdered. Mine is along these lines.

I've been pondering the order b /c I too think CR1 was living with DR and the trailer was mostly for business and that GR was maybe living there for a bit. Which would mean to me that potentially, GR was killed first, possibly after KR and FR had been there shooting the bull w/GR and the assailant(s). The assailant(s) drag GR's body to the back. Then, who should drop in? CR1. No choice but to kill him right then. Drag him to the back too, jic someone else comes to the door, (possible window in the door). They have to kill DR and the kids only b/c too many people in the family have seen them, or CR2 had dropped by earlier and seen the assailant(s) w/ GR too.
I am all about the alternative route. Wasn't GR body found sort of over CRs body?

I don't know how much the local union was defending JJ. From the article I read, it sounded like they just made sure he got due process on the way out the door. Most unions draw the line at providing legal assistance in the case of actual criminal activity. They may have ensured that he continued to have a job in the aftermath of the on the job shooting--which is a much murkier situation, as we can see from dozens of cases around the country. Shooting your neighbor in the head while drunk? Not so much.
Unions are legally required to defend himself and help him keep his job
...though not to help him criminally..they can get in legal trouble otherwise
Early on I kept thinking that maybe it was murder/suicide and DS possibly tried to cover up the suicide, making it harder to figure out. My thought was that he might of done it just to protect his "friend", and nothing else. I didn't think he had any other involvement.

Even if there are no "outward" signs of suicide, there would of been (a ton of) gun powder residue and the trajectory of the bullet that killed the suicide victim, and that is something that would of been known within days. If there was anything that indicated murder/suicide then this case would of been solved and closed 3 weeks ago. At this point there is no way this is a murder suicide. The public would eat LE alive if they've been sitting on this.

That was my initial thought as well, and it's still possible that they simply had chickens. Except if they were "just raising chickens" then why the little individual rooster tents? (I have no idea what those things are called, so tents they are).

I know many people who have chickens, roosters included, and none of them use those little tents. Not a single one.

I believe that they followed the recipient home, where they discovered the shatter operation. The fact that there have been no arrests suggests to me that LE is focused up the chain.

Now just suppose for the sake of argument that it was someone in the R family who was followed home from the Post Office. The lack of immediate arrests, along with the Sheriff's statements (that this was part of something bigger and they would be continuing to investigate) would certainly be making some folks nervous about what LE might know, what they had been told, how close they might be to making an arrest, etc.

IMO, that's the sort of thing that starts to look like motive. Not only silencing some folks in the know, but also scaring the pants off of anyone else who might be willing to save their skin by talking to LE.

Regarding the roosters

If at least one member of the Rhoden family sold roosters (saw pics on FB of several being sold for 75.00 each which included a hen) then I believe they were being raised to sell maybe for cockfighting not cockfighting at the Rhoden locations.

Jmo of the roosters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

First time posting here, I think I have read through most of what has been said.

I live close, real close to the crime scenes, and knew several of the Manley family members. I can tell you from personal experience there is NO way DR, CRjr, and FR did not know what was going on the dope. They all lived together in the white trailer prior to DR and family moving to 3122 Union Hill Road. There is also NO way LM was not aware, he spent more than half of his time travelling back and forth from his house to the white trailer (tarps on the roof). The 3122 property has been sitting empty for some time, and yes there are close houses. One being lived in by a friend of CRjr. The other being empty of regular residents to my knowledge as the elderly owners are deceased. The 3122 property was purchased from an elderly couple that have zero connection to the Rhoden family. Bottom line, and while it may not be a reason to wipe out a whole family, these people were all involved in the criminal activity. Don't let CRjr. age fool you.

Welcome to the forums!

Any chance you know where Chris Sr. Was living?

I suspect that LM doesn't know much about the grow operation. I also suspect that if he did, he would claim no knowledge. But essentially, I cannot see anyone letting him in on any sensitive info.
I thinkle he knew all about everything since he said he went over to hwlp...his denying seems to protect Dana's memory and his family's name
I saw Leonard! He was outside of his house and he waived as we drove by. He was junking an old car.
I have some pics of what's left on the properties. The roosters are still there which I thought was odd. Am I allowed to post here?

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/story/news/2016/04/25/piketon-shooting-murder-eight-dead/83492210/
DeWine also said possible evidence of cockfighting was seen on one of the properties. He said the single roosters kept in individual cages “is consistent with” cockfighting.
But, he added, “We don’t know what’s relevant.”

(Of note, he says "possible" evidence of cockfighting...)
I would guess the condition of the roosters would indictate fighting
I've missed a few days, and am catching up backwards.
Is there a reason CSsr's house is being called the "work" trailer now? Or that the thinking is that he lived up the road?

The pics are consistent with what seemed to be still attached to the roof of one of trailers--viewed in aerial photo some threads back. Which kinda suggests to me that what was stolen/disabled/whatever was the "base" receiving the info. Much easier way to go--even if someone knew each and every exact location.

You might assume it has been dropped because local LE is not doing anything, but local LE does not have jurisdiction. That would be the OIG (Office of the Inspector General) and believe me those guys are just like FBI. Worse even. It is against federal law to mail drugs or weapons. Local LE might have pulled her in for questioning but they would have let her go and turned everything they had over to the OIG.

You might assume it has been dropped because local LE is not doing anything, but local LE does not have jurisdiction. That would be the OIG (Office of the Inspector General) and believe me those guys are just like FBI. Worse even. It is against federal law to mail drugs or weapons. Local LE might have pulled her in for questioning but they would have let her go and turned everything they had over to the OIG.

Thank you. That makes sense. I could see no way it just got dropped.

Here is the one I was referring to. They didn't say cctv in the article but said in the headline; "Surveillance cameras set up inside the home of Ohio massacre victim who was ‘paranoid about security’ could have helped identify killers but were 'removed by the murderers'". To me, the words, "inside the home" and "surveillance", means a different type of camera than "trail cam". I've been known to be wrong though. lol

Link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3563851/Surveillance-cameras-set-inside-home-Ohio-massacre-victim-paranoid-security-helped-identify-killers-removed-murderers.html#ixzz49EEKoAJ2

No one was followed home from the post office. She was pulled over and taken back to Readers office and questioned and let go. Then after that they got a search warrant for the property on Beavers Creek Road. So if it's really important to figure out the people with a shatter lab, then go to property records and research every single resident on that road. :)
Have done that, believe me! haha

Just out of curiosity, do you have any theories or knowledge about where they possibly kept these grow operations now that you know they exist? Did you ever have any inkling they were even into that sort of business?

Also....do you have any theories at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member