OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say, I thought GR had the look, from the first time I saw his picture, and DS did too (but alcohol). I've just been around so many of them. A lot of our friends have died very pretty young (I call it young in this day and age anyway). I can usually pick out a user or an alcoholic pretty quickly. They did an interview w/a guy there right after the murders and I swear he was about to crawl out of his skin.

I agree about DS. But the rest of them? I just didn't see it. GR though I'll leave that up in the air. I'd guess a lot of people were about to crawl out of their skin right after the murders though. I also need to amend my original comment. I said I thought they looked healthy and happy. I want to amend that to "healthy". Happy is so subjective.

How far away does she live?
Just bc her daughter was on bus at 7 doesn't mean she left right away, and how long to pick up friends?

Curious too. Does anyone know her current address? The only one I could find was an address from 2010 and it is 12 miles from Union Hill Road.

Agree with all of this!! Thank you!
True about alcohol vibe!!!! No offense to him, it just seems that way.
I wish I knew how to quote multiple ppl in one post :/

How far away does she live?
Just bc her daughter was on bus at 7 doesn't mean she left right away, and how long to pick up friends?
She lives fairly close, but, she initially said she got to CR1's by 7:00 am. If that's true, then what the heck was she doing for 49 minutes?

Then she says she got her kid on the bus at 7:00 a.m. She cannot get her kid on the bus at 7 and be at CR1's at 7. She picked up The Mystery Couple along the way either way. Where do TMC live? What took 49 minutes for her to call 911 if she did get there at 7:a.m. like she said?

You know. Obviously, we don't know if GR was still using or not. I had wondered about that all a couple of weeks ago. But what struck me is anyone I've ever seen who uses drugs is they look horrible. This whole family looked so healthy and happy. None of them looked like any addict I've ever seen.

I lost weight when I was using, but even at that...I wasn't stick thin or covered in track marks by any means. Nobody outside of the people I used and purchased from, including my parents, knew I had an issue. While I'm sure they sensed I was off-I think they even mentioned it a few times-I never showed it. You definitely learn a thing or two about your circulatory system when you start using needles. :facepalm: I veered away from anything visible unless I was totally desperate for a viable vein. I still have scars in some unusual places from hitting them too much. I've made jokes that if I ever needed an autopsy there would be a notation somewhere on my chart that I had visible signs of drug abuse!

I've seen all sorts come in and out of my group meetings over the years, a lot of them you'd never know....a lot of them in prominent professions that would shock the pants off of you if you knew. I've met a Dentist, several teachers, a couple of attorneys, and more soccer mom/homemakers than you could shake a stick at. These women come in dressed to the nines-covered in class from head to toe-but underneath they're just a plain ol' addict like the rest of us. It's kind of amazing how this stuff worms its way into every walk of life imaginable. Then...you have the folks that have sunk to whole new lows and that carefully crafted facade that some of us hold so dear....is just gone. Poof. At some point, they hit a point where they stopped caring about hiding it....and they come in covered in track marks, unwashed and look like they've been thrown under a bus and repeatedly run over. Honestly, one of my favorite parts of going to group meetings still is watching those people transform right before your eyes. They get jobs, start dressing nicer...take care of themselves and go on with life. It's amazing to see.

If Gary had no day job and an addiction...the guy had to have some kind of cash flow...and we're talking some bank depending on what he chose from the buffet!

She lives fairly close, but, she initially said she got to CR1's by 7:00 am. If that's true, then what the heck was she doing for 49 minutes?

Then she says she got her kid on the bus at 7:00 a.m. She cannot get her kid on the bus at 7 and be at CR1's at 7. She picked up The Mystery Couple along the way either way. Where do TMC live? What took 49 minutes for her to call 911 if she did get there at 7:a.m. like she said?

I think her time line is way off and that makes her look suspicious. Her story hasn't added up since day 1.
JMO

Curious too. Does anyone know her current address? The only one I could find was an address from 2010 and it is 12 miles from Union Hill Road.
I show her on Woods Rd. in Peebles. About 9-10 miles depending on how you drive it.

Now see, this is why I just don't fully trust BJM. She even stopped to pick up friends:

Quote: "That Friday morning started out much like every other morning, she said. Manley got up about 6:10 a.m. to wake her 15-year-old daughter by 6:30 a.m. and get her on the bus to school by 7. Then — as she did most every weekday morning — she drove over to the trailer of Christopher Rhoden Sr., 40, to feed his dogs and chickens. Rhoden was her brother-in-law. She had a friend and his wife with her when she pulled into the driveway."

"She said she ran out of the trailer, crying. Manley thinks she was screaming: “Get me my phone, get my phone.” She called 911 at 7:49 a.m." /quote

It doesn't add up.
http://www.wgrz.com/news/nation-now/ohio-massacre-i-was-not-leaving-those-babies-in-there/185980446

We don't know if she always left promptly from her house at 7:00 a.m., do we? I doubt it. I doubt her schedule was that strict to the minute. If she had a couple of chores to finish at home, or if she was waiting for her friends to get there, it could easily be 7:30 or later when she left. She may not even know precisely when she left that morning. Not to the minute. I can more easily imagine BJ leaving closer to 7:30 that morning than that she manipulated the crime scenes before calling 911.

Now see, this is why I just don't fully trust BJM. She even stopped to pick up friends:

Quote: "That Friday morning started out much like every other morning, she said. Manley got up about 6:10 a.m. to wake her 15-year-old daughter by 6:30 a.m. and get her on the bus to school by 7. Then — as she did most every weekday morning — she drove over to the trailer of Christopher Rhoden Sr., 40, to feed his dogs and chickens. Rhoden was her brother-in-law. She had a friend and his wife with her when she pulled into the driveway."

"She said she ran out of the trailer, crying. Manley thinks she was screaming: “Get me my phone, get my phone.” She called 911 at 7:49 a.m." /quote

It doesn't add up.
http://www.wgrz.com/news/nation-now/ohio-massacre-i-was-not-leaving-those-babies-in-there/185980446

She may have fed a lot of animals before going to the door.

There is no way anyone who knew CRsr would say anything about him but I'm the most curious about him. Who he was to other people. The only way to find that out is to find other people who knew him. I hear nothing but silence.
I'm like you. I've wanted to hear something about him. There's nothing. Even that one woman who claims to be one of GR's ex spouses sent out a nice word of remembrance. But nothing solely about CR1. If there is, I've not found it. I'm betting he was the boss-man and you didn't get on his bad side. What few pictures I've seen of him, that's how he appears to me.

Speaking of pictures- all of the pictures I've seen of the men (with the exception of Frankie) look so dated. Like they are really old. Especially Gary and Chris. Just a random observation.

i would not be surprised if Gary was still a user, along with some of the others who were killed. Even tho there is no evidence of any of the others being arrested, it doesn't mean they did not use. I have some one close to me who has done different drugs for the past 30 years. Her lifestyle scares me to be honest. Seems she always has "low life's" hanging at her house. But, she has never to my knowledge been arrested for drugs. She did end up at the hospital od'd one time. I, myself, have never had the desire to even try a drug....even marijuana. Just not a lifestyle for me! But, thru her, I have witnessed some of what the lifestyle brings. And I know most of the people she has been around didn't work and were on state assistance. They seemed to always come up with money for their drugs in spite of the lack of a job. I know they would sell their food stamps. They were always selling "items" too.....like a tv....for much less than it was worth. I always figured some of it was stolen property. They always seemed to come up with money without coming up with a job. I hate to say it, but I would not be surprised if some of the Rhodens did more than marijuana. Not saying they did....but am saying it would not surprise me. And as far as Gary being there, it could have been no more than visiting and getting high together. Also, if they were using any drugs that night, it may explain how they could have been overpowered. Hate to think it, but havin witnessed the lifestyle from the outside looking in.....it is a drama filled life of looking for their next "fix". Sad, really. But also very irritating when you try to help someone you love and their friends/lifestyle/drugs keep a hold on them. I often worry about this person I am close to, but they seem to want to continue in the lifestyle. And, it IS a lifestyle and for some, they never get away from it.

Years ago I had a surgery and after I came out the nurse came in and gave me some morphine through my IV. A minute later my neck and the back of my head hurt so bad I was screaming. Then the vomiting started. The nurse kept insisting there was no way the morphine caused my pain. I told her well it's like this honey, you come in here and give me another one of those shots you are certainly going to know where your pain is coming from. I have never taken anything stronger than an aspirin since then.

I knew there were many Rhoden family members but never in my wildest dream would you think there were so many.

RIP Rhodens, RIH.

Out of all of the crazy things about this case, I think the thing that baffles me the most is that no one found Kenneth until 5ish hours later. That makes NO sense to me. He had kids, an ex (I think) wife, and other friends/family yet no one reached out to him. He wasn't that far away from Union Hill Road- not so far that it would be an inconvience to run and check on him if he couldn't be reached by phone. I mean he was CR's brother. Not like a distant relative or cousin.
I would love to know WHY there is such a lapse between finding the initial 7 bodies and then him.

Also- the news started reporting this around 11AM that morning although I'm sure the family knew well before that.

Out of all of the crazy things about this case, I think the thing that baffles me the most is that no one found Kenneth until 5ish hours later. That makes NO sense to me. He had kids, an ex (I think) wife, and other friends/family yet no one reached out to him. He wasn't that far away from Union Hill Road- not so far that it would be an inconvience to run and check on him if he couldn't be reached by phone. I mean he was CR's brother. Not like a distant relative or cousin.
I would love to know WHY there is such a lapse between finding the initial 7 bodies and then him.

Also- the news started reporting this around 11AM that morning although I'm sure the family knew well before that.

Its possible people tried to call him, and no answer. They may have hoped he was busy working. The rest of his own family was in KY?

I am not convinced it took 5 hours to find him. I am not convinced that someone didn't check on him right away. I am not convinced that some cleaning up and staging didn't take place at Kenneth's before calling 911 five hours later. It is the ONLY thing that makes sense to me. But, I really know nothing, lol!

my post with questions is very similar to these posts. I was trying to make a point without spelling it out. story is odd. Two arrival times etc. referring to some previous posts

Is it acceptable to ask if someone has a link to one of the photos of BJM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3