OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is random and not important but I just saw a picture of Bobby Jo for the first time. (I know, I know.. but I don't have FB) All the articles I've read have her age being 36. Is that correct?? Her picture and the age stated don't match up. I know her age is irrelevant but I'm curious.

HAHA! Thank you all so much! It wasn't easy...but good grief do I ever NOT miss those days. It's hard to be proud of getting away from something you willingly walked into, but every year that goes by I thank my lucky stars that, at some point in time back then.....I managed to use my head just long enough to get my foot back in the door of the real world. It was like I'd spent five solid years running around in circles and then one day...I just stopped. Needless to say, that first year was on heck of a dizzy time! :) Thank you again!

Estella this is O/T somewhat, but wanted to tell you that my Great Grandparents were from Russell (wide spot in the road lol) Do they still have the flea market across from the little mall along 23? I haven't been down that far in some time. We used to go on down in Ashland and eat at the Shoney's which closed. Heck, that was when they banned all of Ashland from smoking in public places. Ashland rocks when it comes to Christmas decorations.. so pretty. Back to reality now. :happydance:

Estella this is O/T somewhat, but wanted to tell you that my Great Grandparents were from Russell (wide spot in the road lol) Do they still have the flea market across from the little mall along 23? I haven't been down that far in some time. We used to go on down in Ashland and eat at the Shoney's which closed. Heck, that was when they banned all of Ashland from smoking in public places. Ashland rocks when it comes to Christmas decorations.. so pretty. Back to reality now. :happydance:

Yep! It sure is. Ironically, the flea market you ask about (The Hillbilly Flea Market) is literally right across the road from the Dunham's where GR and his stepdad were arrested right in that strip mall! I would imagine back then it was still a Value City, though.

I think that is the first mention of any family members being actual users...

W/the exception of following some sites like High Times on one of their FB pages, and that's not use, it is the only iron-clad, actual usage I've run across, and it's pretty significant, imo, b/c of what it is. If they were smoking a joint, I'd probably not even thought much about it.

Thanks for the reply/update.
Wow, I'm really shocked that that information has not been publicly released yet . I wonder why.......
It would be helpful to know who was the very first target.

Yeah, educate me. Why might this be the case? They have not yet determined victims' ETD? Seems unlikely.

Yep! It sure is. Ironically, the flea market you ask about (The Hillbilly Flea Market) is literally right across the road from the Dunham's where GR and his stepdad were arrested right in that strip mall! I would imagine back then it was still a Value City, though.

Yeppers, it was a Value City at the time. Wow, it is amazing what a small world this is. I think I just might take a trip down to the Hillbilly Flea Market soon. Loved that place with the cigarette shop you stepped down into. I'm done reminiscing now

Unless there was a significant gap between them it may not be possible to establish forensically.

O.K., so what I am hearing you say is that this is not a precise process or even sorta so. Is it more or less determinable with other time markers though?

I can bet there's a certain person out of "the game" and laying low or he is here...watching...waiting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have so many questions about GR and the timing of his visit. I do know that he has the history. What I don't understand is if he is the main target then why wait for him to be in Ohio? If he did unintentionally bring the murders with him from KY and everyone else was killed because they visited with them that night, wouldn't they also have to kill people in KY because GR might of told others in KY who was traveling with him to Ohio? So many unanswered questions.
I'm thinking left as in left for a more permanent stay in Ohio. When things get too hairy in one's small hometown, many times people w/addictions, police constantly looking at them, will take breaks and go live w/friends or relatives in other towns, or states. Kind of to let people forget about them for awhile in their own hometown.

First, congratulations on your eight years staying clean. That's awesome!! I live in a small town in the foothills. It sounds much the same. Little here, little to do, everyone knows, or knows of, everyone else. I've been here forever so I'll most likely stay here til the end. I have quite a lot of experience w/addicts/alcoholics. As I've said on here before, I've been around the block a time or two and have not led a sheltered existence. I'm inclined to believe that GR had a problem. At the very least he had one back in Ky. Healthy individuals don't shoot up in parking lots w/their stepfathers. I'd also be inclined to believe he still had one. It's been my experience that people who have addiction issues, cannot be around illegal activities, w/o eventually succumbing. Even if all they sold was pot, there are going to be people coming around for pot, who have alcohol, and other harder drugs, and most times they are willing to share. It takes very little urging to get an addict to break, if they are around that, day in and day out. I just don't see how he could stay clean in that environment.

You're right. I wouldn't dare put myself within a hundred yards of an opiate of any kind, or a situation that I feel might lead me there eventually....even this far out on the other side of it. I still go to group meetings every month and I can tell you first hand that we even fear broken bones or surgery because of the narcotics that might come into play. If you can't trust yourself in a legitimate situation like that, you darn well know you can't trust yourself to go running around half cocked, putting yourself there on purpose.

IF GR got help, then I am willing to bet that he went either the Methadone or Suboxone route. They're two very different drugs and they're administered in very different ways. Methadone is given sometimes, a LOT of the time, daily...meaning you go to the clinic of your choice every single day and dose there. Suboxone is more every two weeks and perscribed like a regular prescription, providing you attend weekly counseling sessions and see the doctor every two weeks. The cost of these two things is pretty high. A friend of mine from group still takes Methadone and I believe she recently told me it was running her 14 dollars a day, every day. When I took Suboxone, it wasn't covered by health insurance and ran me, at its worse, around 600+ a month with doctor's visits and medicine. Sadly, as high as these things are...it pales in comparison to the money you spend when you're using...that runs easily into the 1000's if you're in a bad way.

I can't help but wonder...if Gary was still using...where was his money coming from? Did he have a day job, and if so, do we know what it was? If he'd been using that long (since at least the 2011 bust)....no doubt the dude was in a bad, bad way...and spending money like it was going out of style.

I'm not sure they can get an exact order in TOD. May have only been an hour or two apart and if organized & planned out, might have been less than that. KR's TOD might be interesting but then again, maybe not. IIRC, they can precisely determine within 4 hours or half day, anyone remember?

Wait a minute. Or hire someone to go after them. The Newsomes, the Elsmere Ky and the Rhodens were all similar and wasn't CN and one of the KY ones drug dealers? Could it be that one of the Rhodens, or at least CR1, GR, Kr and FR were dealers of something harder than pot? Could the families of kids who overdosed be hiring someone to go after the dealers who supplied/sold the drugs? Geez. Now I am way out in the north forty again. Somebody rein me back in.

I was thinking more along the lines of a one time event because of a tragic loss. A family that had just had too much, and maybe found out that, for example, GR had supplied their young person w/their last hit. They sit and stew on it and think that if it were not for GR and his kin, their loved one would be alive, and they have a sort of mental break, and rid the town of any more tragedy. It's like a cleansing. They even see that they've done a good job by the babies as they won't grow up in it. The don't see LM or BJM as a part of it so they bypass their homes that night.

This is random and not important but I just saw a picture of Bobby Jo for the first time. (I know, I know.. but I don't have FB) All the articles I've read have her age being 36. Is that correct?? Her picture and the age stated don't match up. I know her age is irrelevant but I'm curious.

I was taken aback the first time I saw her picture. She didn't look anything like I was expecting. I was thinking much younger for some reason...

Another OT post. Do they still have the animal swap meets at the fairgrounds at Lucasville? I used to go to them often but haven't been for years. They used to get huge crowds...

I was taken aback the first time I saw her picture. She didn't look anything like I was expecting. I was thinking much younger for some reason...

Definitely doesn't look 36 which is what it says in several news articles.

Another OT post. Do they still have the animal swap meets at the fairgrounds at Lucasville? I used to go to them often but haven't been for years. They used to get huge crowds...

Yes! Swap days. It's now called Trade Days. There are a couple throughout the year- 3 this year. The next one is in June.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298