OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone somewhere said she says something about Frankie at the end of the call, listen again, u will total hear it!!! I think she was saying she needed to go get Frankie or tell Frankie etc.
honestly if BJM had been around the perp(s) sadly, she would have been dead too, as would her companions

I have always heard, Please don't let it be.

This brings me back to GR and a bit of info I found on him. It had made me wonder if he didn't dabble in other areas other than pot. Maybe not be a big time dealer, but a user, and would know where to get those items.

I ran across something and I'm not sure how to go about wording it, so I'll put it like this;

Heroin is getting rampant in our little foothills town. We lost four young people over the course of one weekend and another, at last check, was fighting for their life, and may never be mentally "right" again. One of the ones who died had been in and out of rehabs and been doing pretty good but, broke down and used w/a friend. She's dead now. I have heard folks say that the dealer, if located, should be tried for murder. I've heard people imply, in situations like this, when a young person dies from an o.d., that they should let family take care of the person who sold it to their child. I recently ran across something that could have potentially tied GR to a family that lost a loved one to an o.d. So, I've wondered, if GR, who we now know for sure enjoyed harder drugs, could have used really poor judgement, and gotten something for someone, and that someone died, and if so, could family have sought revenge.
This is one of the theories I had from the beginning. My theory is a little different. I think that the drugs could of been bought from KR. They then found out KR got his drug supply from someone in the CRsr linage.
One day I think GR was involved in the why and other days I think he was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Here's part of it.
Quote: "The stepfather, according to the police report, was cooking ground-up prescription drugs on the bottom of a Pepsi can when officers approached the vehicle, and he admitted that he and Gary Rhoden had already injected some and were preparing more. Gary Rhoden was in passenger seat and refused to show police he hands when ordered to do so."

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...ill-top-priority-for-state-investigators.html

I think that is the first mention of any family members being actual users...

From the article above:

"The only one among those who died who had any drug charges to speak of was Gary Rhoden. He was arrested in Russell, Ky., in December 2011 after he and his stepfather were caught using drugs in a car in the parking lot of a Dunham’s sporting goods store.
The stepfather, according to the police report, was cooking ground-up prescription drugs on the bottom of a Pepsi can when officers approached the vehicle, and he admitted that he and Gary Rhoden had already injected some and were preparing more. Gary Rhoden was in passenger seat and refused to show police he hands when ordered to do so. Officers pulled him from the car and forced him to the ground.

According to court records, Rhoden had Xanax in the pocket of his jeans and other drug paraphernalia. He was charged with drug paraphernalia, public intoxication of controlled substances, and possession of controlled substances but after serving three days in jail, the remainder of a 90-day jail sentence was suspended after he successfully completed a probationary period."

This is super interesting to me because this is in a place that I am very familiar with (Russell, KY is in Greenup County where Gary was from). The sporting goods store is in a fairly old strip mall type with one of those huge parking lots that stays mostly empty aside from the people who go into Dunhams (which isn't much thanks to the Dicks they put in up the road)....it is on US 23 (a road I'm sure you're familiar with) and connects just about everything up here.

I would imagine Russell/Flatwoods would be a fairly easy place to find something, albeit you'd have to know the right people because these are SMALL towns-population 6,000ish to maybe 9000 at most, but I am more willing to bet they were in Ashland, Kentucky (if they didn't have it with them beforehand), which is rampant with drugs at the moment,(from heroin, to run of the mill opiates to bath salts/flakka). That Dunhams sits almost directly on the border of Russell/Ashland, so it's more than likely that's where they were coming from...or they'd met someone there at that parking lot and didn't leave before they took care of business. It's not unusual to hear about people being arrested shooting up in cars in our area these days. Once they cracked down on the pill mills and the FL-KY pipeline that was hot business back in my day...heroin seemed to make a mad rush to the front as the number one. Well, heroin and meth, that is.

Full disclosure here....I am a recovering addict. I didn't mention it before because I didn't know that any of these guys had ever been convicted of anything more than some pot or a DUI. So, if it helps, I can definitely provide some info on this. If there is one thing I know around my area, it's opiates and the addiction that comes with it. I have been clean for almost 8 years now, but I was full on junkie and knew a lot of not so nice people back then, some of which I still see around town or out and about....or on the news. :( I know these kinds of people because I was one. If the mods need approval on this one, this I can prove if only for the sake of providing some kind of insight about this kind of thing. I took Suboxone to get clean and still have the final box I had filled, along with a stack of medical records the size of my head, filled to the brim with clean urine screens.

If GR had a legit addiction to opiates of any kind, I wonder what method he used to get clean? In 2011, the nearest Methadone clinic was in Huntington, WV....but now there's one right in Ashland. I don't know if there's anything down by Pike, but if he was on Methadone, he'd pretty much have to dose daily and get up quite early in the AM to be at the clinic. I know some places will give out take homes if your record is good, but my understanding is that they're pretty hard to get.

There ARE Suboxone clinics in Ashland, Ky, Ironton, OH and Portsmouth, Oh that I know of right off the top of my head. Most of these places prescribe two weeks at a time and require a weekly group counseling session.

Or...he could have still been using or just gone cold turkey. It's hard to say.

Sorry for the blabbering on. I may have missed it before, but this is the first I've heard of anything addiction-wise, and I'm pretty passionate about it!

Good job! I have all the respect in the world for you. It must be insanely hard to move away from the active addiction.

There has been a rash of heroin with Fentanyl in it going around here and it has caused a GINORMOUS increase in overdose deaths in our tristate area. It's unbelievable the amount of death surrounding this stuff.

This is one of the theories I had from the beginning. My theory is a little different. I think that the drugs could of been bought from KR. They then found out KR got his drug supply from someone in the CRsr linage.
One day I think GR was involved in the why and other days I think he was at the wrong place at the wrong time.

That could be a reason he left KY and was visiting in Ohio...

There has been a rash of heroin with Fentanyl in it going around here and it has caused a GINORMOUS increase in overdose deaths in our tristate area. It's unbelievable the amount of death surrounding this stuff.

Some places are having almost one death a day from Heroine and Fentanyl....

I wish we knew the identities of all the Rhoden family members that were present at the 'fight' that took place on Union Hill Rd with IJ, Rusty and the others. Then we'd know if the 'core target' might have been Chris Jr. and if the others killed were those accompanying him during that standoff.

I think I might be confused. I thought the IJ thing was because of racial comments made at some point and I thought the RM thing was because CRjr hit RM car with his. Were both IJ and RM present for the "fight" that didn't happen?

Yes x 1000! Bc how could anyone be in shock finding their relative dead and start scooping up money!? Absolutely right! Thank you!!

People who are involved in a drug lifestyle do things that seem strange to those of us who think differently. DS was likely crapping his emotional britches, chain smoking and walking around trying to figure out what to do. I'm sure he thought taking the money was saving it from the cops. I still wonder if they were paying hush money and something went wrong with that. Maybe they jeered at someone who had regularly showed up to take money - because he was no longer connected to LE. Maybe the person they jeered went off on CRsr and Gary for laughing at that person's predicament... knowing they were coming, but thinking they would just blow them off...

This is super interesting to me because this is in a place that I am very familiar with (Russell, KY is in Greenup County where Gary was from). The sporting goods store is in a fairly old strip mall type with one of those huge parking lots that stays mostly empty aside from the people who go into Dunhams (which isn't much thanks to the Dicks they put in up the road)....it is on US 23 (a road I'm sure you're familiar with) and connects just about everything up here.

I would imagine Russell/Flatwoods would be a fairly easy place to find something, albeit you'd have to know the right people because these are SMALL towns-population 6,000ish to maybe 9000 at most, but I am more willing to bet they were in Ashland, Kentucky (if they didn't have it with them beforehand), which is rampant with drugs at the moment,(from heroin, to run of the mill opiates to bath salts/flakka). That Dunhams sits almost directly on the border of Russell/Ashland, so it's more than likely that's where they were coming from...or they'd met someone there at that parking lot and didn't leave before they took care of business. It's not unusual to hear about people being arrested shooting up in cars in our area these days. Once they cracked down on the pill mills and the FL-KY pipeline that was hot business back in my day...heroin seemed to make a mad rush to the front as the number one. Well, heroin and meth, that is.

Full disclosure here....I am a recovering addict. I didn't mention it before because I didn't know that any of these guys had ever been convicted of anything more than some pot or a DUI. So, if it helps, I can definitely provide some info on this. If there is one thing I know around my area, it's opiates and the addiction that comes with it. I have been clean for almost 8 years now, but I was full on junkie and knew a lot of not so nice people back then, some of which I still see around town or out and about....or on the news. :( I know these kinds of people because I was one. If the mods need approval on this one, this I can prove if only for the sake of providing some kind of insight about this kind of thing. I took Suboxone to get clean and still have the final box I had filled, along with a stack of medical records the size of my head, filled to the brim with clean urine screens.

If GR had a legit addiction to opiates of any kind, I wonder what method he used to get clean? In 2011, the nearest Methadone clinic was in Huntington, WV....but now there's one right in Ashland. I don't know if there's anything down by Pike, but if he was on Methadone, he'd pretty much have to dose daily and get up quite early in the AM to be at the clinic. I know some places will give out take homes if your record is good, but my understanding is that they're pretty hard to get.

There ARE Suboxone clinics in Ashland, Ky, Ironton, OH and Portsmouth, Oh that I know of right off the top of my head. Most of these places prescribe two weeks at a time and require a weekly group counseling session.

Sorry for the blabbering on. I may have missed it before, but this is the first I've heard of anything addiction-wise, and I'm pretty passionate about it!

Congratulations on your sobriety, and for being able to share your story... that takes courage my friend. Praying for your continued success. :highfive:

That could be a reason he left KY and was visiting in Ohio...
I have so many questions about GR and the timing of his visit. I do know that he has the history. What I don't understand is if he is the main target then why wait for him to be in Ohio? If he did unintentionally bring the murders with him from KY and everyone else was killed because they visited with them that night, wouldn't they also have to kill people in KY because GR might of told others in KY who was traveling with him to Ohio? So many unanswered questions.

From the article above:

"The only one among those who died who had any drug charges to speak of was Gary Rhoden. He was arrested in Russell, Ky., in December 2011 after he and his stepfather were caught using drugs in a car in the parking lot of a Dunham’s sporting goods store.
The stepfather, according to the police report, was cooking ground-up prescription drugs on the bottom of a Pepsi can when officers approached the vehicle, and he admitted that he and Gary Rhoden had already injected some and were preparing more. Gary Rhoden was in passenger seat and refused to show police he hands when ordered to do so. Officers pulled him from the car and forced him to the ground.

According to court records, Rhoden had Xanax in the pocket of his jeans and other drug paraphernalia. He was charged with drug paraphernalia, public intoxication of controlled substances, and possession of controlled substances but after serving three days in jail, the remainder of a 90-day jail sentence was suspended after he successfully completed a probationary period."

Congratulations on 8 years being clean!!!!!!!! I would send you a huge cupcake with an 8 on it if I could. What you have done is fantastic and brave. Here's wishing you continued success and super good luck.

Congratulations on 8 years being clean!!!!!!!! I would send you a huge cupcake with an 8 on it if I could. What you have done is fantastic and brave. Here's wishing you continued success and super good luck.

Will this work?

8 years clean= :cupcake:

I'm thinking that GR, if it is even what I'm thinking I see, would have been the one. But, b/c the family is dealing in an illegal drug, a devastated family member(s) of a young person, may just say, I'm ridding this town of this scourge. I could be far of the mark but it was one of those odd little things you run across and then you dig and bit a learn of a tragedy.

Wait a minute. Or hire someone to go after them. The Newsomes, the Elsmere Ky and the Rhodens were all similar and wasn't CN and one of the KY ones drug dealers? Could it be that one of the Rhodens, or at least CR1, GR, Kr and FR were dealers of something harder than pot? Could the families of kids who overdosed be hiring someone to go after the dealers who supplied/sold the drugs? Geez. Now I am way out in the north forty again. Somebody rein me back in.

From the article above:

First, congratulations on your eight years staying clean. That's awesome!! I live in a small town in the foothills. It sounds much the same. Little here, little to do, everyone knows, or knows of, everyone else. I've been here forever so I'll most likely stay here til the end. I have quite a lot of experience w/addicts/alcoholics. As I've said on here before, I've been around the block a time or two and have not led a sheltered existence. I'm inclined to believe that GR had a problem. At the very least he had one back in Ky. Healthy individuals don't shoot up in parking lots w/their stepfathers. I'd also be inclined to believe he still had one. It's been my experience that people who have addiction issues, cannot be around illegal activities, w/o eventually succumbing. Even if all they sold was pot, there are going to be people coming around for pot, who have alcohol, and other harder drugs, and most times they are willing to share. It takes very little urging to get an addict to break, if they are around that, day in and day out. I just don't see how he could stay clean in that environment.

People who are involved in a drug lifestyle do things that seem strange to those of us who think differently. DS was likely crapping his emotional britches, chain smoking and walking around trying to figure out what to do.

You're right. When you're driven by a need like that, you're basically unstable on several levels. Every minute of your day is consumed in the where/when/who your next fix is coming from. You apply every angle you can to money and ways to manipulate it to your advantage. You look for loopholes in anything and everything at your disposal, and you can twist logic in some very, very, very unnatural ways. What was once immoral and seemed totally out of the realm of your comfort zone....becomes your norm. Basically? You spend your days conning yourself into throwing the things that ground you right out the window. I still think of those days and some of the crap I pulled and the people I knew...and my palms will sweat. I never killed anyone (or wanted to...), but had I kept going, I can right about bet that I would probably have ended up dead myself.

The people who deal this crap are not nice guys (or gals, as was the case with my primary supplier..). Two out of three are users themselves and sell to keep their habit running smoothly and a roof over their heads...but it's those sober ones you have to watch out for. They're the guys/gals who are out for the big money involved in this kind of thing....they don't use what they sell because it puts a huge dent in their profits-and they're looking for the money. Dealer A is looking to make enough to stay high....Dealer B is looking to get rich....

Has LE even confirmed the money DS reported finding? You know how details can be confused between people.

Also, why isn't anyone discussing a connection between the RA restraining order 2 days prior?

edited to ask also: does DS have a drug record, maybe I missed it?

First, hello, new to the site.
Second, in regard to BJM feeding the animals when there are able bodied people that live there- for the area that is not unusual at all as far as how families function here. And feeding several dogs, and it looks like more than a few roosters individually is not a quick task. I don't find it at all strange.
Lastly, others from out of the area may not understand the scope of the drug problem here. There is not a single person or family that has not been touched by narcotic addiction in some fashion. Places I would have gone alone 5 years ago without a thought I would not go to now, and this especially means rural areas. It has changed life here entirely. With that in mind, it boggles my mind the number of things that could have happened to this family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member