OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But, then he goes out to look around outside, sees a tray of plants, and then says, We better call the sheriff? Now that's weird. Stone is not being up front, IMO. Neither is BJM, IMO.

The money on KR, whether it was $50, or $1,050, is very odd. That is why I wonder if DS "found" the body earlier, relieved the deceased of a significant amount of cash, since, in his mind he no longer needed it, left a bit scattered as a detour, then went and got LR, to go with him to check on KR for what LR would think was the first time. DS would know he was already deceased, but, it would appear that they'd found him for the first time. Whether KS killed anyone or not, I'm not sold on yet, but I do feel he'd be opportunistic.

This is what stands out for me and I think we could probably peg DS for this.

Cyril Wecht, a forensic pathologist and lawyer who has served as a consultant on numerous murder cases, agreed.
"This was planned and organized,'' he said, adding that he thinks perhaps someone close to the victims might have supplied information to the killers, either intentionally or unwittingly.

Can you link to the harder drugs? Either I've forgotten or it went right over my head. Thanks!

Here's part of it.
Quote: "The stepfather, according to the police report, was cooking ground-up prescription drugs on the bottom of a Pepsi can when officers approached the vehicle, and he admitted that he and Gary Rhoden had already injected some and were preparing more. Gary Rhoden was in passenger seat and refused to show police he hands when ordered to do so."

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...ill-top-priority-for-state-investigators.html

This brings me back to GR and a bit of info I found on him. It had made me wonder if he didn't dabble in other areas other than pot. Maybe not be a big time dealer, but a user, and would know where to get those items.

I ran across something and I'm not sure how to go about wording it, so I'll put it like this;

Heroin is getting rampant in our little foothills town. We lost four young people over the course of one weekend and another, at last check, was fighting for their life, and may never be mentally "right" again. One of the ones who died had been in and out of rehabs and been doing pretty good but, broke down and used w/a friend. She's dead now. I have heard folks say that the dealer, if located, should be tried for murder. I've heard people imply, in situations like this, when a young person dies from an o.d., that they should let family take care of the person who sold it to their child. I recently ran across something that could have potentially tied GR to a family that lost a loved one to an o.d. So, I've wondered, if GR, who we now know for sure enjoyed harder drugs, could have used really poor judgement, and gotten something for someone, and that someone died, and if so, could family have sought revenge.

It is a fact that people will kill over their kids. So GR could have potentially been the target? Or are you thinking that CR1 may have given the stuff to GR and he gave it to the kid? I could see the family coming after the drug dealers supplying it. Or hiring someone to go after them.

Here's part of it.
Quote: "The stepfather, according to the police report, was cooking ground-up prescription drugs on the bottom of a Pepsi can when officers approached the vehicle, and he admitted that he and Gary Rhoden had already injected some and were preparing more. Gary Rhoden was in passenger seat and refused to show police he hands when ordered to do so."

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...ill-top-priority-for-state-investigators.html

"At least 12 search warrants".

Here's part of it.

And when was this

The post about his wife wondering where he was and asking him to come home or call reminded me of Crack behavior - they disappear for days and then act like nothing is wrong.

Addicts are selfish. It's all about them. They are also excellent manipulators. The pics I've seen of GR reminded me of people I've known who were drug addicted. DS reminds me of the alcoholics I've known. Both addicts, just different substance. Not saying that they are addicts, per se, just that they remind me of some I've known.

I have never heard "please don't hurt me" in the tape. Always something more like "who would do this?"

But beyond that, IF BJ were under some threat, why would they want her to call LE and make a report? That part simply makes no sense.
Someone somewhere said she says something about Frankie at the end of the call, listen again, u will total hear it!!! I think she was saying she needed to go get Frankie or tell Frankie etc.
honestly if BJM had been around the perp(s) sadly, she would have been dead too, as would her companions

Thanks for the reply/update.
Wow, I'm really shocked that that information has not been publicly released yet . I wonder why.......
It would be helpful to know who was the very first target.

Unless there was a significant gap between them it may not be possible to establish forensically.

This is what stands out for me and I think we could probably peg DS for this.

Cyril Wecht, a forensic pathologist and lawyer who has served as a consultant on numerous murder cases, agreed.
"This was planned and organized,'' he said, adding that he thinks perhaps someone close to the victims might have supplied information to the killers, either intentionally or unwittingly.

Agreed! He and/or BJM. I think those two are basically the same birds only a different color.

I

I have often wondered why DR was still posting after 2 am. She had to be exhausted after working a double shift. Was she staying up waiting for Csr to come? Could he and GR have had a meeting with someone that night and could that have been the reason for the extra help post?

I used to waitress and not get off until late. It always took me time after work to unwind and go to sleep.

I think since DS was with KR's son, told him to wait he'd go in, he looked in saw KR had been shot, saw some bills and backed out. As far as the bills I'm wondering if KR woke up saw someone come in, thought he was being robbed, and was trying to give them money that was close by his bed. It could be when he was shot the money kind of scattered around his legs or on top of him.

If you listen to DS talk that's his tone of talking as in the 911 call, everyone deals with shock and situations differently. I'm not surprised by how he talked in the 911 call, so many things were going through his mind, he'd just found out earlier family members had been murdered, he was going to spend the night with KR the night before, he would've been killed, and he had KR's son with him after just discovering his Dad had been murdered. He had to be in shock, scared and bewildered like this can't be happening.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/cousin-of-...unts-grisly-discovery-at-crime-scene/39424988

Donald Stone said he discovered the body of his cousin Kenneth Rhoden inside one of the crime scene. After learning of seven murders in the area, Stone said he went to check on his cousin, making a grisly discovery in the victim’s living room.

"I hollered at Kenneth, 'Kenneth, can you hear me?' There no response. I turned around and looked at Luke,” Stone said, referring to another relative who was with him. “I said, ‘Luke, you don't need to see this.’ I walked up to the foot of the bed, I raised my head up and I looked. I saw blood in his eyes, and I knew then he was dead."
Stone said there was one thing he found odd with the crime scene.
“I (saw) money,” Stone said. “I (saw) money laying on the bed. I found that odd."
Yes x 1000! Bc how could anyone be in shock finding their relative dead and start scooping up money!? Absolutely right! Thank you!!

This brings me back to GR and a bit of info I found on him. It had made me wonder if he didn't dabble in other areas other than pot. Maybe not be a big time dealer, but a user, and would know where to get those items.

I ran across something and I'm not sure how to go about wording it, so I'll put it like this;

Heroin is getting rampant in our little foothills town. We lost four young people over the course of one weekend and another, at last check, was fighting for their life, and may never be mentally "right" again. One of the ones who died had been in and out of rehabs and been doing pretty good but, broke down and used w/a friend. She's dead now. I have heard folks say that the dealer, if located, should be tried for murder. I've heard people imply, in situations like this, when a young person dies from an o.d., that they should let family take care of the person who sold it to their child. I recently ran across something that could have potentially tied GR to a family that lost a loved one to an o.d. So, I've wondered, if GR, who we now know for sure enjoyed harder drugs, could have used really poor judgement, and gotten something for someone, and that someone died, and if so, could family have sought revenge.

From the article above:

"The only one among those who died who had any drug charges to speak of was Gary Rhoden. He was arrested in Russell, Ky., in December 2011 after he and his stepfather were caught using drugs in a car in the parking lot of a Dunham’s sporting goods store.
The stepfather, according to the police report, was cooking ground-up prescription drugs on the bottom of a Pepsi can when officers approached the vehicle, and he admitted that he and Gary Rhoden had already injected some and were preparing more. Gary Rhoden was in passenger seat and refused to show police he hands when ordered to do so. Officers pulled him from the car and forced him to the ground.

According to court records, Rhoden had Xanax in the pocket of his jeans and other drug paraphernalia. He was charged with drug paraphernalia, public intoxication of controlled substances, and possession of controlled substances but after serving three days in jail, the remainder of a 90-day jail sentence was suspended after he successfully completed a probationary period."

This is super interesting to me because this is in a place that I am very familiar with (Russell, KY is in Greenup County where Gary was from). The sporting goods store is in a fairly old strip mall type with one of those huge parking lots that stays mostly empty aside from the people who go into Dunhams (which isn't much thanks to the Dicks they put in up the road)....it is on US 23 (a road I'm sure you're familiar with) and connects just about everything up here.

I would imagine Russell/Flatwoods would be a fairly easy place to find something, albeit you'd have to know the right people because these are SMALL towns-population 6,000ish to maybe 9000 at most, but I am more willing to bet they were in Ashland, Kentucky (if they didn't have it with them beforehand), which is rampant with drugs at the moment,(from heroin, to run of the mill opiates to bath salts/flakka). That Dunhams sits almost directly on the border of Russell/Ashland, so it's more than likely that's where they were coming from...or they'd met someone there at that parking lot and didn't leave before they took care of business. It's not unusual to hear about people being arrested shooting up in cars in our area these days. Once they cracked down on the pill mills and the FL-KY pipeline that was hot business back in my day...heroin seemed to make a mad rush to the front as the number one. Well, heroin and meth, that is.

Full disclosure here....I am a recovering addict. I didn't mention it before because I didn't know that any of these guys had ever been convicted of anything more than some pot or a DUI. So, if it helps, I can definitely provide some info on this. If there is one thing I know around my area, it's opiates and the addiction that comes with it. I have been clean for almost 8 years now, but I was full on junkie and knew a lot of not so nice people back then, some of which I still see around town or out and about....or on the news. :( I know these kinds of people because I was one. If the mods need approval on this one, this I can prove if only for the sake of providing some kind of insight about this kind of thing. I took Suboxone to get clean and still have the final box I had filled, along with a stack of medical records the size of my head, filled to the brim with clean urine screens.

If GR had a legit addiction to opiates of any kind, I wonder what method he used to get clean? In 2011, the nearest Methadone clinic was in Huntington, WV....but now there's one right in Ashland. I don't know if there's anything down by Pike, but if he was on Methadone, he'd pretty much have to dose daily and get up quite early in the AM to be at the clinic. I know some places will give out take homes if your record is good, but my understanding is that they're pretty hard to get.

There ARE Suboxone clinics in Ashland, Ky, Ironton, OH and Portsmouth, Oh that I know of right off the top of my head. Most of these places prescribe two weeks at a time and require a weekly group counseling session.

Or...he could have still been using or just gone cold turkey. It's hard to say.

Sorry for the blabbering on. I may have missed it before, but this is the first I've heard of anything addiction-wise, and I'm pretty passionate about it!

Interesting points I hadn't previously realised:

Investigators have possession of the clothes Bobby Jo Manley wore on April 22. They've swabbed her mouth for DNA and taken her fingerprints. They've interviewed her at least four times, she said. Investigators took DNA swabs from Leonard Manley as well and asked him for details related to his whereabouts and those of his family in the hours before the bodies were found.

It is a fact that people will kill over their kids. So GR could have potentially been the target? Or are you thinking that CR1 may have given the stuff to GR and he gave it to the kid? I could see the family coming after the drug dealers supplying it. Or hiring someone to go after them.

I'm thinking that GR, if it is even what I'm thinking I see, would have been the one. But, b/c the family is dealing in an illegal drug, a devastated family member(s) of a young person, may just say, I'm ridding this town of this scourge. I could be far of the mark but it was one of those odd little things you run across and then you dig and bit a learn of a tragedy.

Not uncommon for getting off late. It's just like when you get off of work at 3p but have to work til 6p, you don't come home and go to bed. It takes time to wind down a bit when you get home. It's nearly impossible to just come straight in and go to bed.

Agree. Another possibility- she may have been up with the baby.

"At least 12 search warrants".

"would be looking for impression evidence such as fingerprints, shoe prints or tire tracks,. . ." (could be another reason they took all of the cars, to compare tire tracks much easier)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member