OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really quite simple [ set a thief to catch a thief ?? ] .... seems to me that they are securing the movable assets in the only way legally possible at this time, pending an asset forfeiture application / order.
Yeah, I thought that too... they're going after a forfeiture...

Here's my 2 cents from a LE perspective. Most murders are solved fairly quickly if they involve a family fued, marital issues, etc. I think this is way beyond this country family. I would imagine if there was a family fued, lots of people would know about it and it would already be solved. Don't get me wrong, there are some family members who are highly suspicious to me, based on the fact that they are alive and seem to have inappropriate behaviors, but again, I still think BCI would have figured that out by now and case would have been solved. This is the execution of EIGHT people in FOUR houses. This cannot be pulled off by a rookie or some regular person who is pissed about something trivial. If it were trivial, they would have just murdered the people at one location, where there target was, and maybe the next door house if they had to. Sorry, say I told you so if I'm wrong and I'll cave then, but I think this is way bigger, way more sophisticated, and involves multiple people who have killed before. I don't think we really have a clue, except there were illegal activities going from there and someone could have either ripped someone off (in a huge way), stolen someone else's business, or snitched on someone. Who ever did it planned this well. I'd look at stolen cars in a hundred mile + radius, because you know they didn't drive their own car there to do all this, and start from there.

Here's my 2 cents from a LE perspective. Most murders are solved fairly quickly if they involve a family fued, marital issues, etc. I think this is way beyond this country family. I would imagine if there was a family fued, lots of people would know about it and it would already be solved. Don't get me wrong, there are some family members who are highly suspicious to me, based on the fact that they are alive and seem to have inappropriate behaviors, but again, I still think BCI would have figured that out by now and case would have been solved. This is the execution of EIGHT people in FOUR houses. This cannot be pulled off by a rookie or some regular person who is pissed about something trivial. If it were trivial, they would have just murdered the people at one location, where there target was, and maybe the next door house if they had to. Sorry, say I told you so if I'm wrong and I'll cave then, but I think this is way bigger, way more sophisticated, and involves multiple people who have killed before. I don't think we really have a clue, except there were illegal activities going from there and someone could have either ripped someone off (in a huge way), stolen someone else's business, or snitched on someone. Who ever did it planned this well. I'd look at stolen cars in a hundred mile + radius, because you know they didn't drive their own car there to do all this, and start from there.

Thank you for this! Do you discount that one highly trained psycho could have pulled it off?

I suppose they could. They would be busy for one night though killing eight people in 4 locations, while trying to be careful to not leave any evidence. I think anything is possible, but I just don't see the country folk being upset about something trivial going to this extent. Unless there is some huge family fued that LE is privy too and we are not, I just can't see it. I could see a few people, even young, getting together and trying to plan really really well, but hard to imagine they wouldn't leave anything and no one would talk yet. Whoever it is, has absolutely no conscience that's for sure.

<modsnip>

I still have Pike Co. open from earlier and it reads

JONES ISAIAH
2951.01 PROBATION VIOLATION M-1

w/no bond listed. He must have bailed out already.

Wonder if they are trying to real him in to start talking

I am one that believes that law enforcement did not take the trailers for any cover-up. I do believe they took them to preserve them. We don't know what law enforcement found in the trailers, or exactly what they feel needs preserving. People are speculating that LE is looking for something in the trailers. Going with that theory I don't think they are looking for it, I think they found it. Yes, they can remove product or cash and leave the trailers, but if the murders come back looking for whatever might be there It could be a real problem.
I don't see how local law enforcement can possibly be trying to hide anything from the other agency's by moving the trailers. The other agency's still have access to the trailers. I would think without any restrictions.
I just think LE is doing thier job and preserving evidence for trial. IMO

Does anyone have a link handy for IJ court docs? I don't see anything recent. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

agreed. Its probably more likely that if they were making sure that everyone died they wouldn't use a .22. Not saying they didn't just saying it's unlikely. JMO anyone on the other properties located by CRsr and FR (visible on overhead map) would have been alerted by the number of shots, dogs barking, ect... One shot I can see sleeping through, reports of 9 to CRsr and 3 reported to GR plus 2 other Vic's (both with more than one shot according to reports) = at least 14. That's a lot of gun fire in the middle of the night on likely a otherwise silent road. I just really can't see all of this being done quietly enough for NO ONE around any of the locations to hear anything. IMO I find it hard to believe 8 people from the same family get murdered execution style in their sleep (or not) and no one close to them has any idea why.

Again not know when they were shot means no one might have been sleeping to be woke up.

I admit that - but it still stinks to high heaven that after the "scenes" were totally processed, which LE said they were, that they would haul them away. And I don't think "because no one would want to live in them" is necessarily a valid answer. I would think that would be left up to the property owner - unless LE plans to seize the property...

I guess I've always thought that it made more sense to move them (since they could) in case they wanted to reconstruct the scene once they got all of the results back. It would probably be less costly to use the actual scenes than to build replicas to reconstruct with. I think AG Dewine is having BCI look at this from all angles. If dirty local LE are involved it could be a good thing having the crime scenes locked up tight, away from possibilities of damage or destruction.

Curious why the original 911 call came to Portsmouth Police Department.
Just an issue of the cell towers?

It's possible. We live on a corner of 4 counties. We called 911 for a house fire and was bounced to three different dispatchers trying to get us the right people. Plus a 20 minute wait for the fire department. Was a little alarming to know this is what happens in an emergency in our area.

It's rather odd that you can no longer see her friends list, but your able to see the other victims friends list. It's as if someone changed her settings when it became a remembering page

You can pick what you want to happen on your remembering page after you pass away. I don't remember all of the specific options, but I remember messing around with my settings one day and it was allowing me to choose what would be on my page in the event I passed away and it was turned to a memory page.

O/T

This link provides names to two people that may or may not have a thread on WS. One is missing one is deceased. Older cases

Rebekah Bletsch was killed on June 29, 2014, near the intersection of Riley Thompson and Automobile Road in Muskegon County. Investigators had no leads or motive.

Jessica Heeringa vanished from her job at the Exxon Mobil gas station on East Sternberg Road in Norton Shores on April 26, 2013.* A witness saw a silver minivan pulling up to the gas station near closing time.

http://www.wusa9.com/mb/news/local/teens-daring-escape-may-help-solve-2-cold-cases-1/211988072

If not on WS please delete

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me neither NOW. But he was there earlier when I looked.....when this was first posted.

It's likely he was just booked and released. When my ex would violate probation they would make him go through the booking process and then he'd pay x amount of money to be released immediately after and get a new court date for his violation probation.

Which can be anything including being around people that buy/sell/do drugs, drinking, being around alcohol, not showing up to a probation meeting, not attending potential court mandated classes, getting a speeding ticket or having any interaction with LE, etc. probation violations can be pretty minute things but enough to get them into trouble because it's outlined they can't do them in their agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper