OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T

This link provides names to two people that may or may not have a thread on WS. One is missing one is deceased. Older cases

Rebekah Bletsch was killed on June 29, 2014, near the intersection of Riley Thompson and Automobile Road in Muskegon County. Investigators had no leads or motive.

Jessica Heeringa vanished from her job at the Exxon Mobil gas station on East Sternberg Road in Norton Shores on April 26, 2013.* A witness saw a silver minivan pulling up to the gas station near closing time.

http://www.wusa9.com/mb/news/local/teens-daring-escape-may-help-solve-2-cold-cases-1/211988072

If not on WS please delete

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not understanding the connection.

Jessica Heeringa ABSOLUTELY has a thread on here. That has been and continues to be a HUGE story here in MI.

IMO I find it hard to believe 8 people from the same family get murdered execution style in their sleep (or not) and no one close to them has any idea why.

i think some of the family, if not all, has an idea who did and are afraid to speak and / or LE told them to stay quiet :moo:

I thought IJ had a failure to appear warrant? Anyone else remember this or am I confused?

http://www.tristateupdate.com/story...icide-near-minford-may-have-been-drug-related
Updated: Jan 18, 2016

The sheriff said the mother was shot in her bed, possibly execution style and he believes the daughter was shot while she was attempting to flee. (Now we know both were shot in the back of the head, according to stepfather of Candy in an interview)

"After talking to a few people today, they say yes, she was dealing oxycontin, oxycodone," Detective Dan Malone told 13 News.
One Newsome family member says there was trouble here, and there may soon be more.
The dead mother;' brother Dewey Newsome spoke with 13News.
"She's been threatened by three people, and if they don't do something about it, I'm going to do something," said Dewey Newsome
We asked, threatened over what? Dewey said Different things.

The only thing that's kept the Newsome murders in the public was Candy's sister, until the Rhodens were murderered the same way. The similarities are eery, they were all shot in the head, drugs were involved, Hanna knew Mykal, teenagers meant nothing to the murderers as they were killed the same way as the adults. Ofcourse the Scioto Sheriff said there was nothing similar, but there is even with BCI involved in both incidents the murders can't be solved. For that Sheriff to say there was no connection when the Rhoden's murders were just beginning to be investigated is ridiculous.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/Deaths-of-Elsmere-couple-ruled-homicide/38991488
In Elsmere, N. KY occurring April 5th hasn't been solved either, the brother of the couple murdered in their bed said they were shot in the head. Four kids were in the home unharmed, the man had multiple drug charges and prison time. The security camera by the neighbor showed nothing. Their murders have disappeared out of the media, also, as the Newsome's would have had it not been for the Rhoden murders.

Apparently whoever is executing these people in their homes and not harming children are professional enough that these Sheriff Depts or BCI can't solve their murders. I doubt any of these Depts want to say there's connections, because that would admit there's a bigger drug problem and executioners that can't be caught in their areas. Elsmere, Ky is closer to Cinncinatti, about an hour and 45 minutes from Piketon.

I'm not understanding the connection.

Jessica Heeringa ABSOLUTELY has a thread on here. That has been and continues to be a HUGE story here in MI.

Sorry no connection to the Rhoden case, I am on Tapatalk and thought maybe someone would put the link where ever it goes. The story is in the link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone seen this? I read a post here earlier with this site linked, but for court events for Dana and Chris. This is what I found when I searched for Clarence, who was a RSO.

"defendant is ordered to have no contact with minor children without another adult being present at any time"

http://pikecountycpcourt.org/eservi...TS-dqOc3YVunPN4t*djPKDqUjbw8N*usv9J-VV4I*GNRw

While so many people are looking at this crime being related to drugs, etc. (and I'm not ruling out drugs or anything else)... could this have been a revenge from someone who was a child or teen at the time that the elder Rhoden committed that crime? I guess this theory would be nearly impossible to discuss without sleuthing people who we are not allowed to sleuth.

Here's my 2 cents from a LE perspective. Most murders are solved fairly quickly if they involve a family fued, marital issues, etc. I think this is way beyond this country family. I would imagine if there was a family fued, lots of people would know about it and it would already be solved. Don't get me wrong, there are some family members who are highly suspicious to me, based on the fact that they are alive and seem to have inappropriate behaviors, but again, I still think BCI would have figured that out by now and case would have been solved. This is the execution of EIGHT people in FOUR houses. This cannot be pulled off by a rookie or some regular person who is pissed about something trivial. If it were trivial, they would have just murdered the people at one location, where there target was, and maybe the next door house if they had to. Sorry, say I told you so if I'm wrong and I'll cave then, but I think this is way bigger, way more sophisticated, and involves multiple people who have killed before. I don't think we really have a clue, except there were illegal activities going from there and someone could have either ripped someone off (in a huge way), stolen someone else's business, or snitched on someone. Who ever did it planned this well. I'd look at stolen cars in a hundred mile + radius, because you know they didn't drive their own car there to do all this, and start from there.

Absolutely!!! 100% agree!!

IIRC she never said what time she arrived. Her father, LM, is the one who said she got there a 7 am. It was from one of his initial interviews when he was is shock (in my humble opinion). I'm sure he regrets it now, because it has caused people to suspect BJM of being at the murder scene for 49 minutes before calling 911.
From the beginning friends and family knew she had other people with her. This other couple often went with her in the morning. The woman in the couple (and her sister) grew up and were friends with the Manley sisters.
Just my two cents.
The article I read was an interview w/her and her father there together. It states she went there at 7 a.m. I think though that you are correct in that it makes people wonder, especially after a second article states her saying something kind of different, and "the mystery couple" was introduced as being with her as well. I'm sure "tmc" don't really want the publicity but they too stumbled into a horrible scene and are part of it. I'm not saying BJM did it, only that things don't quite add up, so, I think she knows far more than she's letting on since she was on those grounds, and cleaned that trailer regularly, and KR's too.

It's really quite simple [ set a thief to catch a thief ?? ] .... seems to me that they are securing the movable assets in the only way legally possible at this time, pending an asset forfeiture application / order.

Then there must be something super valuable within the interior of those trailers, and if that is the case, the assailants are not only evil, they are stupid.

agreed. Its probably more likely that if they were making sure that everyone died they wouldn't use a .22. Not saying they didn't just saying it's unlikely. JMO anyone on the other properties located by CRsr and FR (visible on overhead map) would have been alerted by the number of shots, dogs barking, ect... One shot I can see sleeping through, reports of 9 to CRsr and 3 reported to GR plus 2 other Vic's (both with more than one shot according to reports) = at least 14. That's a lot of gun fire in the middle of the night on likely a otherwise silent road. I just really can't see all of this being done quietly enough for NO ONE around any of the locations to hear anything. IMO I find it hard to believe 8 people from the same family get murdered execution style in their sleep (or not) and no one close to them has any idea why.

Correct. Which could mean that FR & HG were before CR1 and GR. CR1 and GR could have been getting up to see what was going on and met the killer coming to the door, armed and shooting. No one said there were guns found at the scene but maybe there were or the assailants took them. DR may not have even been home yet, and an exhausted mother could have slept through it on up the road, especially after having given birth just a few days earlier, and w/a teen playing music or video games, or even had headphones on (I know folks who practically live in them. I love mine), there could be a whole different order of how this went down. KR could very well have even been first, 8.5 miles away.

Yeah, I thought that too... they're going after a forfeiture...

I think if the family had access to those mobiles now, there would be all kinds of information about the crime scenes on MSM and LE does not want that information known by anyone but the investigators.

The theory is sound ... and of course there could be additional dimensions to it. What if the killer/s (I feel sure there were at least two) had hit on a really profitable scheme to order stock from suppliers, go to collect same at a pre-arranged time, get the drop on their hosts, haul out guns to avoid paying, coerce the suppliers to hand over everything they have on hand PLUS torture (?) to get hold of the supplier's cash stash, then knock off everybody in the family to avoid being identified ... thinking or knowing that all of the Rhoden family there could, or would, know who was being supplied in bulk ?? It would represent a "triple bonanza" for the killers, well worth the risk ... !! Prior murders (Minford et al) with the same modus operandi would have emboldened them to go "big" this time around ... ???

First timer here, be gentle please ; ).
I could see the loved ones of an overdose victim seeking revenge. You destroyed my family, now I'll destroy yours. This person could have declared war on drug dealers- Elsmere, Minford and the Rhodens. The kingpins in Minford and Rhoden cases beaten and shot. CR1 and GR possibly drug to their beds. Almost like a message to the dealers regarding, how do you sleep at night?

:desert: *insert big, frustrated sigh here*

I always log in, hoping to hop on here and see some kind of new release...an interview...a shred of something...an arrest! Darnit!

Moving on.... :)

Has anyone been able to find a connection to the cars and/or a garage in Minford that one of the Rhoden men and/or Dana might have gone to? I ask because I heard THE strangest rumor today from a guy with family there (in Minford) and I'm trying to see if it has any substance at all. Truthfully? I don't think it holds any water because it's more Dana-centric....but I cannot even begin to make that connection myself. I just want to check and make sure I didn't miss something that connected them TO Minford, other than Hanna knowing the daughter, Mykal.

Then there must be something super valuable within the interior of those trailers, and if that is the case, the assailants are not only evil, they are stupid.

I wonder if they found a stash of cash and/or large quantity of drugs (esp if they were moving more than marihuana) in a hidey hole, false wall, or false floor in the "work" trailer. Maybe they moved them to a secure location where they can take them apart and see what they can find.

I also wonder if there had been meth labs in some of the vehicles they towed.

Probably not.

I'm new to sleuthing.

I'm just throwing stuff out here. I swear, every night when I try to go to sleep, this whole thing starts playing through my head like the movie of the week. Complete with bad guys dressed in black, giving hand signals on when to rush the trailers.

What ifs:

What if someone stumbled onto something bigger than marijuana, cars, cockfighting, whatever else we've dreamed up. What might they/he/she have stumbled on to? That would have gotten them all silenced? Anyone care to beat up some ideas with me?

What could someone lose that would make them think killing 8 people was worth it?

What could someone gain that would make them think killing 8 people was worth the chance of getting caught?

Do we have any idea based on facebook pages we can look at, where the 8 were at together definitely besides assuming Chris Sr.'s place?

None of this is making any sense.

Has anyone seen this? I read a post here earlier with this site linked, but for court events for Dana and Chris. This is what I found when I searched for Clarence, who was a RSO.

"defendant is ordered to have no contact with minor children without another adult being present at any time"

http://pikecountycpcourt.org/eservi...TS-dqOc3YVunPN4t*djPKDqUjbw8N*usv9J-VV4I*GNRw

While so many people are looking at this crime being related to drugs, etc. (and I'm not ruling out drugs or anything else)... could this have been a revenge from someone who was a child or teen at the time that the elder Rhoden committed that crime? I guess this theory would be nearly impossible to discuss without sleuthing people who we are not allowed to sleuth.

I ran across that. Since he was deceased I didn't know if it was against TOS to sleuth him or not but ran across it by accident looking to see if any of the deceased in this case were registered pedophiles. I had tossed out a theory that possibly it was revenge, to wipe out the family, b/c someone had looked the other way, or they'd been shunned, for speaking out, those many years ago. I think it may have separated the family and why one person in particular stood by the old guy, even when his wife left him, I do NOT know, but I kind of gave up on the theory though. I just couldn't make it work. I'd be open to hearing any theory you may have though.

First timer here, be gentle please ; ).
I could see the loved ones of an overdose victim seeking revenge. You destroyed my family, now I'll destroy yours. This person could have declared war on drug dealers- Elsmere, Minford and the Rhodens. The kingpins in Minford and Rhoden cases beaten and shot. CR1 and GR possibly drug to their beds. Almost like a message to the dealers regarding, how do you sleep at night?

This is a good theory! Welcome

I'm just throwing stuff out here. I swear, every night when I try to go to sleep, this whole thing starts playing through my head like the movie of the week. Complete with bad guys dressed in black, giving hand signals on when to rush the trailers.

This. I know exactly what you mean. I've freaked myself out laying in the dark in the middle of nowhere lol. I've also had some crazy dreams. It's just always on my mind.

I don't have any ideas with the questions though. :/

I do the same thing...it's bizarre. I told my husband this morning that I needed to stop reading this stuff before I go to bed because all of my dreams have turned from normal weird into super weird territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member