OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed!! I have been thinking about this. Plus dogs. I would imagine with all the roosters these people went to bed early and were up early... Maybe why DR wanted to move down the street?

One thing about the dogs at 4199, it looks like at least a few were chained to stakes out back. That would explain the cleared out circles. It may have been normal for them to bark some early in the morning, and if they were chained that would be about all that they could do.

I'm just throwing stuff out here. I swear, every night when I try to go to sleep, this whole thing starts playing through my head like the movie of the week. Complete with bad guys dressed in black, giving hand signals on when to rush the trailers.

What ifs:

What if someone stumbled onto something bigger than marijuana, cars, cockfighting, whatever else we've dreamed up. What might they/he/she have stumbled on to? That would have gotten them all silenced? Anyone care to beat up some ideas with me?

What could someone lose that would make them think killing 8 people was worth it?

What could someone gain that would make them think killing 8 people was worth the chance of getting caught?

Do we have any idea based on facebook pages we can look at, where the 8 were at together definitely besides assuming Chris Sr.'s place?

None of this is making any sense.

Freedom from prison if one or more (of the eight) was a CI. Maybe freedom from prison for several JMO.

I agree that these people involved in these murders obviously didn't care (or were able to steal the hard drive where everything was being recorded) - but cameras have become a pretty normal thing these days - I know my neighbor has them with expensive farming equipment and animals. For people growing/dealing- I can see having cameras, the growers I know surely have them. Most people hope that maybe the cameras will defer something. But some don't care. Some it might defer. Either way, it's an added piece of "protection" to make them feel a little safer. Sadly in these cases, that wasn't the case.

Yep, probably so they can see whoever's going to either make a deal, or if it's officers. I just think the killers are taking off the evidence or deactivating cameras, just another added clue to these guys knowing what they're doing. They're also taking the time to clean up evidence to their identity as Dewine said. Let me go find what he said, and I'll add it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuIxUnk8gmo

Preplanned execution, sophisticated operation, and those who carried it out were trying to do everything they could to hinder the investigation and their prosecution.

Freedom from prison if one or more (of the eight) was a CI. Maybe freedom from prison for several JMO.

So we keep talking about them doing something to directly cause this. What if someone/group owed them a large sum of money. Maybe CRsr says look you have till the 22nd to pay up. Killer(s) can't, don't want to pay up or deal with the consequences. Why kill 7 others? Maybe CRsr openly joked/talked about the individual/group owing this sum with or around the family.

I was thinking back to my younger days when we had chickens and a couple of roosters. The roosters would start crowing an hour or so before dawn. Just thinking that 15 or 20 of them on the 4077-4199 UHR property probably made quite a racket every morning before dawn. Probably would need ear plugs to sleep much past 4am. Just throwing that out there.

You get so used to it you don't notice it. I lived half a block from a double railroad track. Close enough that an eastbound express made a breeze in my bedroom window in the summer. Three nearby crossings. As many as six trains a night came through and after a while you don't notice them...

You get so used to it you don't notice it. I lived half a block from a double railroad track. Close enough that an eastbound express made a breeze in my bedroom window in the summer. Three nearby crossings. As many as six trains a night came through and after a while you don't notice them...

This is true also. I grew up within 3 miles of an airport planes took off and landed alllllll day over house. At times the house would shake. Never noticed it waking me up. Also a grandfather clock went off every hour, never noticed it.

I have a co-worker that had to install a camera to find out who was stealing gas from his side-by-side. In many cases these are trail/game cameras. Those only take pictures everytime they sense motion. I would lean towards those being the type of cameras utilized by the Rhodens. Actual video surveillance equipment is very expensive for even the terrible resolution models.

Many people see rural areas as easy theft areas. I don't think it's uncommon at all for anyone with anything valuable outdoors to have cameras

Could be trail cams, but DS said KR had surveillance cameras installed, not sure how sophisticated they were, though. CRsr had cameras up, not sure what kind they were either, but he did have money, he paid $30,000 cash down on DR's place.

admins.png
^^^When the site admins know we're stuck and are running on delusional fumes.

I am rural. Desperate people (those seeking drug money), will take anything they can get via ATV, UTV, or on foot. Any "farm store" or local hardware store sells wireless cameras. We have them for that reason alone. So I don't think the cameras are all that weird - especially if illegal activity was happening.

Can someone explain to me why they feel it's strange LE would take the trailers away for evidence?
I've seen a few people comment about this, and I'm not following along.

This is an extremely high profile, large-scale investigation. A ton of resources are being allocated to solve this crime, and law enforcement from multiple jurisdictions are involved. I get that taking the trailers may be out of the ordinary, but so is this case. Dotting every i and crossing every t seems like the way to go.

I think because it has never been done before, but also, what has fueled some of this criticism is that some people are also concerned about LE's potential involvement in the case. Now, all the evidence is securely in only LE's hands....so ok, you have to trust someone. Just sayin...

attachment.php

^^^When the site admins know we're stuck and are running on delusional fumes.

That is so true! Lol.

I think I have heard this too, which is odd, because you can only die once

A shot to the head is a fatal shot even if it doesn't kill you instantaneously. A shot to the heart is a fatal shot even if it doesn't kill you instantaneously. The shots may have all been in fatal places, with extra rounds fired in to ...erm... get the job done :/

From Gary's father:

http://m.wlwt.com/news/-It-s-a-sad-...um=twitter&utm_source=trueAnthem:+New+Content

and via the corrected Enquirer article:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/

Not sure of what the debate is, but I can see both descriptions being true.

Did GRs father still live in greenup? The fastest you could get to UHR from greenup would be about 45 minutes and that's really booking it. With 8 am traffic it would be even worse. I'm just wondering if the bodies would have still been in the original position by the time he got there

If each bullet hit a vital organ and would have caused death is when they say this. But, can it be true of nine shots?

We live near train tracks! I've gotten to a point where I kind of find it comforting when I hear a horn or listen to them bump!

I don't think that any momento gathering will take place any time soon, as these crime scenes need to be preserved. But at some point, LE will likely hand the trailers back over the the families- I don't know if the trailers will have been cleaned at that point- and it will be nice if they haven't been looted or snooped in. Again, though, that's a secondary (or perhaps even tangential) objective of hauling the trailers away. The main objective is to hold them as evidence.

I understand that you have a theory for this specific case, and I don't mean to insinuate that you distrust LE as a whole. I just think that your theory might be preventing you from processing this specific quote objectively.
It doesn't seem hinky to me, a person who doesn't have a theory regarding LE involvement. It seems really, really, super duper normal.

Considering LE involvement or not, moving a crime scene from one location to another does not seem "normal" to me. DeWine himself has already said it's unprecedented.

"All the victims were fatally shot" is not the same as "all of the shots were fatal" . If these two statements sound the same to you, re-read them until they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3