OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The article I read was an interview w/her and her father there together. It states she went there at 7 a.m. I think though that you are correct in that it makes people wonder, especially after a second article states her saying something kind of different, and "the mystery couple" was introduced as being with her as well. I'm sure "tmc" don't really want the publicity but they too stumbled into a horrible scene and are part of it. I'm not saying BJM did it, only that things don't quite add up, so, I think she knows far more than she's letting on since she was on those grounds, and cleaned that trailer regularly, and KR's too.

I agree that BJM knows more than she's said to media. That's probably true for most of them.

I'm just throwing stuff out here. I swear, every night when I try to go to sleep, this whole thing starts playing through my head like the movie of the week. Complete with bad guys dressed in black, giving hand signals on when to rush the trailers.

What ifs:

What if someone stumbled onto something bigger than marijuana, cars, cockfighting, whatever else we've dreamed up. What might they/he/she have stumbled on to? That would have gotten them all silenced? Anyone care to beat up some ideas with me?

What could someone lose that would make them think killing 8 people was worth it?

What could someone gain that would make them think killing 8 people was worth the chance of getting caught?

Do we have any idea based on facebook pages we can look at, where the 8 were at together definitely besides assuming Chris Sr.'s place?

None of this is making any sense.

Maybe one of them killed someone?

Maybe there was a large amount of cash at one of the homes?

Maybe a large amount of drugs?

I think it might be more about who would be able to kill 8 people in this manner.

One thing I noticed while looking at the Minford murders was there were video cameras by their front door... Nothing on them or recording device missing?

Maybe one of them killed someone?

Maybe there was a large amount of cash at one of the homes?

Maybe a large amount of drugs?

I think it might be more about who would be able to kill 8 people in this manner.

I too have wondered if there was not another crime behind this one. An eye for an eye type thing.

You have not been able to see her friends list since day one of this, it's how she had her privacy settings, I have mine set like that too.

When we first heard the names I looked her up on FB and could see them. She and I had mutual friends.

First timer here, be gentle please ; ).
I could see the loved ones of an overdose victim seeking revenge. You destroyed my family, now I'll destroy yours. This person could have declared war on drug dealers- Elsmere, Minford and the Rhodens. The kingpins in Minford and Rhoden cases beaten and shot. CR1 and GR possibly drug to their beds. Almost like a message to the dealers regarding, how do you sleep at night?

Sounds like the plot to a good movie. It's certainly possible, but I wouldn't bet on that scenario to even place or show.

Just for addt'l clarity: I emailed the author of the article and asked if 5/11 was the publish date, and 5/20 was the date edited, re; that CR1 & GR were found face up rather than face down, and she responded, "yes".

The "Thanks" button just wasn't enough. Thank you for taking the time to clarify that for us! :)

One thing I noticed while looking at the Minford murders was there were video cameras by their front door... Nothing on them or recording device missing?

Interesting, didn't know that, another thing in common with the others. I guess they weren't on, or nothing found...again. It wasn't mentioned in any media article.

I agree about them having targets going in. The only 2 I think were collateral damage are Hanna R and Hannah G. At one point I would have included Chris Jr but he seemed to be involved in a lot of conflict and I think there's a good possibility he knew what was going on..

What if Hannah G was the target? She was the one with a connection (albeit a Facebook friend connection) to Kristina Newsome. Might be far fetched, but what if the killers knew about the grow operation and decided to make it look like a cartel hit to cover the fact that Hannah G might've known about the Minford murders?

I was thinking back to my younger days when we had chickens and a couple of roosters. The roosters would start crowing an hour or so before dawn. Just thinking that 15 or 20 of them on the 4077-4199 UHR property probably made quite a racket every morning before dawn. Probably would need ear plugs to sleep much past 4am. Just throwing that out there.

When you are dealing with drugs, especially dealing or growing them, you tend to want some security, and you hope that security will help prevent anything from happening.

I really don't think these executioners are intimidated by anything, not cameras, LE, guns in the Rhodens homes, and esp getting caught, because so far they haven't been. Sometimes ego can be a downfall.

It's possible. We live on a corner of 4 counties. We called 911 for a house fire and was bounced to three different dispatchers trying to get us the right people. Plus a 20 minute wait for the fire department. Was a little alarming to know this is what happens in an emergency in our area.
I would say that the bulk of the calls going to that dispatch center originate in Portsmouth. If the dispatchers didn't know exactly where the address is, it was a safe bet to notify Portsmouth PD. It's astonishing how useless most 911 centers are at locating addresses. The technology is readily available to anyone with a damn cell phone.

I really don't think these executioners are intimidated by anything, not cameras, LE, guns in the Rhodens homes, and esp getting caught, because so far they haven't been. Sometimes ego can be a downfall.

I agree that these people involved in these murders obviously didn't care (or were able to steal the hard drive where everything was being recorded) - but cameras have become a pretty normal thing these days - I know my neighbor has them with expensive farming equipment and animals. For people growing/dealing- I can see having cameras, the growers I know surely have them. Most people hope that maybe the cameras will defer something. But some don't care. Some it might defer. Either way, it's an added piece of "protection" to make them feel a little safer. Sadly in these cases, that wasn't the case.

Correct. Which could mean that FR & HG were before CR1 and GR. CR1 and GR could have been getting up to see what was going on and met the killer coming to the door, armed and shooting. No one said there were guns found at the scene but maybe there were or the assailants took them. DR may not have even been home yet, and an exhausted mother could have slept through it on up the road, especially after having given birth just a few days earlier, and w/a teen playing music or video games, or even had headphones on (I know folks who practically live in them. I love mine), there could be a whole different order of how this went down. KR could very well have even been first, 8.5 miles away.

I agree the timing could be much different than it is thought to be. For all we know some of them could have been dead that afternoon already.

I was thinking back to my younger days when we had chickens and a couple of roosters. The roosters would start crowing an hour or so before dawn. Just thinking that 15 or 20 of them on the 4077-4199 UHR property probably made quite a racket every morning before dawn. Probably would need ear plugs to sleep much past 4am. Just throwing that out there.

Agreed!! I have been thinking about this. Plus dogs. I would imagine with all the roosters these people went to bed early and were up early... Maybe why DR wanted to move down the street?

I would say that the bulk of the calls going to that dispatch center originate in Portsmouth. If the dispatchers didn't know exactly where the address is, it was a safe bet to notify Portsmouth PD. It's astonishing how useless most 911 centers are at locating addresses. The technology is readily available to anyone with a damn cell phone.

Yes, it turned into a HUGE community issue when it was discovered how long it was from my initial call to the correct PD to the FD arriving. Everyone was baffled how it could have gotten so crazy. It was intimidating. When they first put me to the first county I didn't know because they just answered "911 emergency" then they said they had to transfer me to the other county when I gave my address as I tried to yell that I was in the outskirts of town and in the county to the north but it was too late, then I begged the next to transfer me to the county I'm in but she had to have my address first! By the time I got the PD in my county on the phone I just screamed "my house is about to down!!!!" I was a hot mess. It was terrible.

What's with everyone having cameras?? Lol

I have a co-worker that had to install a camera to find out who was stealing gas from his side-by-side. In many cases these are trail/game cameras. Those only take pictures everytime they sense motion. I would lean towards those being the type of cameras utilized by the Rhodens. Actual video surveillance equipment is very expensive for even the terrible resolution models.

Many people see rural areas as easy theft areas. I don't think it's uncommon at all for anyone with anything valuable outdoors to have cameras

I agree that BJM knows more than she's said to media. That's probably true for most of them.

Beside the fact that letting out what is known being dangerous to them, I'm sure LE doesn't want it all out there, either...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck