OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked Facebook's "death policy" here and you're right. It's possible she could have designated a legacy contact, but I bet most people don't know about that. If she did know, I'm guessing her legacy contact is dead. LE probably realized that a lot of people around the world were doing their own sleuthing, here and on other sites. A lot of information was being culled from her FB page, so it's reasonable that LE shut down her friends list. I have no explanation for why they haven't done it to the others. Again, I agree it's odd.

You have not been able to see her friends list since day one of this, it's how she had her privacy settings, I have mine set like that too.

I'm with you on a lot of this.
The Theory I think could go a couple ways, well more than a couple but;
-Sketchy social circle - yes
-Loose lips - most w/d & a issues will at some point slip up and tell stuff they should not.
- The perpetrator(s) -- I'm leaning toward some form of LE (as one of about 5 theories).Possibly two of them and at least one has sociopath tendencies. Could have been taking a cut or even supplying (hard drugs).
- GR could have told CR1 his info. CR1 could have tried to intimidate the perpetrator into some sort of deal with them. (There was a quote in an article about the Rhodens banding together to fight. Could have banded together to become top dog w/their new info.) This backfired.

I really do see GR as a main contributing factor. At first I thought he brought them w/him, but I just don't see how that could happen w/o anyone back in Ky. not figuring out who it was.
I haven't gotten far enough to figure out who may have committed the murders, but I do think I know who may have tipped them off.

What I find strange, is he goes over to KR's house. (Supposedly, for the first time.) He calls out for KR and gets no reply and go in the trailer. How would he know to tell the person he's was with..."you don't want to see this" unless he already knew there was something he wasn't supposed to see? That to me, tells me he is lying. He knows alot more than he is saying, and what he is saying doesn't add up.

This is inaccurate. DS described going into the home accompanied by LR. He called out to Kenneth (apparently because he could see him from a distance). No response. That's when he turned to LR and told him, "You don't need to see this." Having learned of the other seven murders, and now having found Kenneth still in bed, unresponsive, in the early afternoon, when Kenneth normally would be outside working, led DS to the obvious conclusion.

http://www.wlwt.com/news/cousin-of-...unts-grisly-discovery-at-crime-scene/39424988

Gary's father, also named Kenneth, from a brief interview with WLWT, the day of GR's funeral.

“My nephew was laying one way and Gary was laying over his legs. Shot three times in the head,” Kenneth Rhoden said.

I just have a really hard time believing that someone who hasn't murdered before could do this.
Kill 8 people at three different residences? Kill a mother while she lies with her newborn baby? Kill a couple while their six month old baby lies between them, covering the infant in the blood of its parents?
This can't just be some person who was pissed off at the Rhodens and snapped. I can't believe that. This was far too heinous to be retribution for some petty, drawn-out argument.

It depends on what kind of people you're dealing with, and who you tick off they care about. I have other thoughts on what happened, but this is entirely possible, and LM knows alot more to the story. I think LE won't discuss it with him, because he talks, and they don't want any of the investigation out, unless they give it.

I stand corrected, the 2nd ex you're speaking about was married to Gary's brother Kenneth, not Gary.

No that's a different woman, I'm pretty sure, and she has a status of "married" to GR but I don't think GR was married. I've not found that he was anyway.

[video=youtube;tkTOoUyLY1o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkTOoUyLY1o[/video]
Hope this works.

I remember this interview :)

Yes, we're thinking of two different people. There is a woman on facebook who refers to Gary as her husband. (Mods- I didn't sleuth to find it out. I searched for Gary Rhoden the day after the murders, and her public post came up in the feed, saying "RIP my husband Gary Rhoden," or something to that effect.)

No that's a different woman, I'm pretty sure, and she has a status of "married" to GR but I don't think GR was married. I've not found that he was anyway.

Yeah, I didn't see any other official marriages after the divorce.

Anyone know anything about DR's Facebook post on March 20th is about? She shared something about $1500 to the person that points out the killers...?

Edit: I see now that it's for the Newsome murders.
Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

Anyone know anything about DR's Facebook post on March 20th is about? She shared something about $1500 to the person that points out the killers...?

(For reference: https://www.facebook.com/dana.l.rhoden/posts/974112065959297)

These are the Minford murders. A mother and daughter were shot in Minford, OH. One or both was known to be dealing oxycontin/oxycodone. The mother was shot execution style in the head when she was sleeping in her trailer. The daughter was shot dead when she was fleeing.
Hannah Hazel Gilley was friends/acquaintances with the daughter, Kristina Mykal Newsome. The mother's name is Candice Newsome. This murder is unsolved.

Edit: Minford is 27 minutes away from Piketon.

(For reference: https://www.facebook.com/dana.l.rhoden/posts/974112065959297)

These are the Minford murders. A mother and daughter were shot in Minford, OH. One or both was known to be dealing oxycontin/oxycodone. The mother was shot execution style in the head when she was sleeping in her trailer. The daughter was shot dead when she was fleeing.
Hannah Hazel Gilley was friends/acquaintances with the daughter, Krystina Mykal Newsome. The mother's name is Candice Newsome. This murder is unsolved.
Thanks. I couldn't get my phone to load the page. That's interesting.

Ok, there is a link with the pic incorrectly named as BJM. There is a link with that pic correctly named as her mother. Is there a link with an actual pic of BJM?

There are a lot of unsolved murders in the area between 2014 and now... another man and woman were shot while they were sleeping.

Has there been discussion or confirmation of any altercations that would have happened 24-36 hours prior to the discovery? Was one or more of the victims said to be late for work the morning prior to the murders? Have the victims names with the bruising been identified?

Interesting comments with that article......Thank you for sharing the link!
Who are all the people in that first pic in the article? Is that pic even related to the rhodens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member