OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen the new "in memory of" FB page for the Rhodens? A relative of Rusty Mongold created it and while it's mostly turned into a bunch of drama, there are a ton of pictures on there that I haven't seen. Please delete if this violates TOS. Am I allowed to link it?

I can't access it.

So there have been a ton of different theories/motives/scenarios discussed... It's been a month now.
What have you heard that you just can't get on board with and why?
I know it's hard to completely rule out any scenerio at this point because we are lacking so much information but I know I have read some that I don't see as being very plausible.

I can't access it.

There ended up being people on there pointing fingers, calling family members out and what not. I think it was either removed or made private. I'm getting an error message now.

I think you are right about someone close running their mouth. :)
Money/drugs someone wanted. I think the person with the loose lips never expected anyone to get seriously hurt. I don't know if this person is still alive and/or was cahoots with someone who still is alive. I can't figure out why they would leave one of them alive however. Unless it was to pass along a message.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

So there have been a ton of different theories/motives/scenarios discussed... It's been a month now.
I know it's hard to completely rule out any scenerio at this point because we are lacking so much information but I know I have read some that I don't see as being very plausible.

Hum....I will say this and watch it turn out to be exactly this. Hahahaha. I don't buy the cartel or IJ. But the only reason I have for that is that it just don't feel right. :)

Money/drugs someone wanted. I think the person with the loose lips never expected anyone to get seriously hurt. I don't know if this person is still alive and/or was cahoots with someone who still is alive. I can't figure out why they would leave one of them alive however. Unless it was to pass along a message.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Poking around in pike county gives me the impression that some of these feuds are as old as the hills this happened in. There are a handful of last names that are intertwined with each other and I think in the end the perps are gonna have those same last names. Not printing at anyone in particular. ..just playing the odds.

I don't see the demolition derby car having any involvement in this case. I can't see 8 people being killed in such a horrible way over the derby car. I also can't see how the road rage incident would fit in for basically the same reason.

Kenneth Rhoden’s obituary reveals he worked at US Utilities and leaves behind a son, two daughters and four grandchildren.

Reported in Cincinnati paper

Re; Hearing shots
Shooting indoors is very different than shooting outside. Shooting indoors causes reverberation. It's kind of like filling up an aquarium. You drop a pebble in it and the waves in the water that it makes are contained. You'll see the ripples flow out but they hit the walls of the aquarium and can go no further, so they roll back, unless there is a leak. Sound waves would be contained much the same way when a firearm is shot indoors except where sound could escape (open window). However, it's still not going to sound the same, nor travel far, you've got trees, hillsides, the exterior walls of the other homes blocking the waves, the wind carrying the waves in other directions, etc.. One thing is for sure, it would have been deafening in those trailers since most firearms are in the decibel range of at least 120db and that's just an average of pistols/rifles. Some go up 160+ db. An AR-15 can go to 180db. I'd not be surprised if the killers had some sort of ear protection if in fact this was planned. The ones sleeping were most likely completely stunned if they even had time to get their bearings. The babies and toddler should probably have their hearing checked.

My own term here to refer to white middle class families who are undergoing economic and related sociocultural changes that affect family integrity....loss of jobs to maintain lifestyle, increased drug/alcohol abuse, often coupled with involvement in illegal activities, etc.

This family was never middle-class. They didn't undergo economic changes. This is textbook generational poverty. This seems to be a culture very much not like yours, based on your comments. That doesn't invite judgement into the Appalachian, or any rural poor, culture on anyone's part. What it does invite is a willingness to accept that not everyone drives a Tahoe or Odyssey and drinks $4 coffee. This family can't be judged through the lens of a suburban mom who goes to Pilates every day , or an urban subway rider, or a teenager who goes to Destin every Spring Break. None of that exists in their world, just as the lack of strong schools, job opportunities and college funding doesn't exist in ours.

Right. I don't think either of the young Mothers seemed to think trouble was
coming that night. And neither did the two young men. Very odd in comparison to Dana.
And in comparison to CR Sr and GR seemingly together that night for some reason.
DR, CR, GR were on edge, in my opinion. KR was not. And neither were the younger adults.

I don't think any of them knew. If FR had known, I am willing to bet money that he'd never have let the toddler come stay that night and would have told HG to stay with her parents for a little while. Same w/DR & CR1. If they'd known, they'd had their children at their grandparent's homes and DR would have either stayed w/CR1 or gone to her father's. KR, GR, and CR1 would have buddied up together, most likely at 4077, w/their own firearms and took turns watching for trouble. They'd have been ready. These were people who were known to fight together as a team and to actually go looking for fights. jmo

This family was never middle-class. They didn't undergo economic changes. This is textbook generational poverty. This seems to be a culture very much not like yours, based on your comments. That doesn't invite judgement into the Appalachian, or any rural poor, culture on anyone's part. What it does invite is a willingness to accept that not everyone drives a Tahoe or Odyssey and drinks $4 coffee. This family can't be judged through the lens of a suburban mom who goes to Pilates every day , or an urban subway rider, or a teenager who goes to Destin every Spring Break. None of that exists in their world, just as the lack of strong schools, job opportunities and college funding doesn't exist in ours.

And it goes back a long way.

Here's a thought, FWIW. What if this was plotted out well in advance? Who would be targeted first? Possibly the ones who were most remote from other people. It would be easiest to kill them without attracting attention. So, what does this mean? That Kenneth may have been killed first. The last site would be the one with the closest neighbors because the gunshots at this location would be more likely to draw attention. So, what does this mean? That the site with four murder victims in two homes was the last stop. In fact, the last home to "hit" might've been the one that Bobby discovered first. Perhaps one or both of these men -- Chris Sr. or Gary -- heard something (i.e., gunshots at the other home) that woke them up. This would account for them being out of bed (unlike the others in the rest of the locations). These two men, still caught somewhat off-guard but awake, then engaged the killers in a physical altercation, requiring nine shots to subdue Chris Jr. At this point, the killers may have worried about all the commotion. It's possible that someone else on the same property (or nearby) was supposed to be another victim. But the physical altercation made the killers decide to get the heck out of the area as quickly as possible.

Even though I have my own pet theories, I'm not ready to dismiss any of them. To me, there's just so much going on, anything could have caused it. Or been the straw that broke the camel's back.

But, they probably did not see themselves as living in poverty. js.

I have to wonder what information was gotten off of their cellphones, who they had texted/talked to, seems if they had drug dealings there would be communication between them. I also wondered if DS called KR before going over.
And I wonder if KR being found hours after the others will hinder in the time of death, I have wondered what the order was. Jmo

Just wondering.:thinking:

I was talking to a friend who knows and has guns of every sort.
Regarding R murders, I asked about the silencer and what guns might have been used.
His response was - possibly air guns.
I know nothing about guns and thought he was not serious.
He said, yes, air guns can kill and are quiet. Anyone out there who can comment?
Don't know if this has been discussed.

My son says yes, with a C02 cartridge and Treetop pellets (which according to him are pointed) it is very possible to kill an adult. Added advantage is air guns do not leave shell casings.

But, they probably did not see themselves as living in poverty. js.

I totally agree.

There are a number of recent comments that almost sound like victim-bashing, seemingly based on not being middle-class. Stuff like "That's a big concern of mine. Bringing children into this kind of lifestyle. Really, really sad."

Eight people are dead. Whether some of them participated in things that lead to the murders isn't mine to decide, just as it wasn't the murder's to decide. I have no room in my head or heart to judge a 20 year-old mother who clearly loved her son for bringing him into the world. I just can't do it.

I have to wonder what information was gotten off of their cellphones, who they had texted/talked to, seems if they had drug dealings there would be communication between them. I also wondered if DS called KR before going over.
And I wonder if KR being found hours after the others will hinder in the time of death, I have wondered what the order was. Jmo

Just wondering.:thinking:
DS said he went over to check on KR after not hearing from him. I took this to mean that they had made tentative plans to work on cars that morning. DS thought KR would call him when it was time to come over. When it got later, that's when DS began to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston