OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is strange. Because a few people have said they'd seen things that Dana had posted that are now gone, and I'd never seen them at all.
Weird, weird, weird.

Agreed. Same with HG postings after her picture in December 2015, which I've never seen. I've been following since day 1 and was all over FB in the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can assume that LE is operating some of the social media pages, and getting daily IP addresses of visitors. It's a legit investigative technique. For example, on the memories page, there was someone from Michigan who was asking friends and family about the fate of all of the security cameras. I found that a peculiar forum in which to raise that issue.
If your talking about the same page I'm thinking of, I think some of those questions come from people that are also here...

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

Agreed. Same with HG postings after her picture in December 2015, which I've never seen. I've been following since day 1 and was all over FB in the beginning.

I looked them all up on day 1 also. I never could see anything for either of the Hanna(h)s

I looked them all up on day 1 also. I never could see anything for either of the Hanna(h)s

I even looked back at SS's I had taken and they were the exact same. So it's strange. I wonder if it makes a difference if you were viewing it on a computer versus phone or app, or iPad, or whatever. I don't see why, but I'm not sure where all these mentions of changes are coming from when it seems like most of us all saw the same thing and continue to?!

Gary ran with a sketchy group of people. Firearms charges, drug charges, gang affiliation... all within one degree of himself.
I don't see any other victims having such numerous close relationships with people involved in that lifestyle.

Not a victim but I found BJM's gun charge interesting.. It was a few years back though. Still curious as to what actually happened.

I even looked back at SS's I had taken and they were the exact same. So it's strange. I wonder if it makes a difference if you were viewing it on a computer versus phone or app, or iPad, or whatever. I don't see why, but I'm not sure where all these mentions of changed are coming from when it seems like most of us all saw the same thing and continue to?!

I've only been on mobile. Like I said earlier, the only thing I can think is happening is now that the pages changed to remembering, the very first time someone visits a page it shows normal then anytime you visit after that it shows the remembering page.

There have been several things mentioned on Facebook pages that I have seen and then gone back to see that they're gone....but others that have been mentioned that I've never seen. It's definitely bizarre! Could it be that Facebook shuffles the posts around or something since they're remembrance pages? I have no idea how that works! I know a friend of mine who passed never had hers memorialized, so everything is there like it always was....

Gary ran with a sketchy group of people. Firearms charges, drug charges, gang affiliation... all within one degree of himself.
I don't see any other victims having such numerous close relationships with people involved in that lifestyle.

That's one of the reasons why I've kind of focused on him possibly bringing this down. I think CR1 ran things but you can't control someone like GR. Well, the type of person that I feel that GR was. I think he did have an addiction problem and, was basically harmless for all intents and purposes, as one lady said, loosely, that "hurting Garry was like kicking a dog.", but as you pointed out, his group of friends was "sketchy".

https://www.facebook.com/help/103897939701143

Well, this is informative. The account cannot be changed once it is memorialized, per the link above..if I'm reading it right.

This is correct. You can pick what options you want to happen WHEN your page turns into a memorial. But nobody can go change or delete things. That's why it's not making sense to me.

ETA: These are the options it allows you to pick..

cfff5e586edc602099f5a5615bc9b4f7.jpg

4ee7afb77e768207db4d9deccb96a508.jpg

This is correct. You can pick what options you want to happen WHEN your page turns into a memorial. But nobody can go change or delete things. That's why it's not making sense to me.

Surely they all didn't have it set to be changed in the event of their death. If so that's odd...

I'm not completely sure but it seems like it shows the regular page the first time someone visits the pages. Once you go back then it shows as a remembrance page. Maybe so friends don't find out about a death through facebook?? I don't understand how a page becomes a remembering one though. My cousin died from an od last July and this Jan half his friends were sending happy birthday posts even though he'd been tagged in several posts about his obit and death. I guess if it's people that are in msm maybe they automatically change it?

That could be true as I've had his FB open almost constantly, in a tab, since this happened. I closed it out today and re-opened. It was changed.

Surely they all didn't have it set to be changed in the event of their death. If so that's odd...

I have mine set lol. When FB started it, it was pushing hard for you to have your "legacy contact" and set it up. So I did randomly because it kept telling me about it.

That could be true as I've had his FB open almost constantly, in a tab, since this happened. I closed it out today and re-opened. It was changed.
That explains why the newer websluthers here are seeing more.

I have mine set lol. When FB started it, it was pushing hard for you to have your "legacy contact" and set it up. So I did randomly because it kept telling me about it.

I didn't even know about that until I got into this case. Lol

There have been several things mentioned on Facebook pages that I have seen and then gone back to see that they're gone....but others that have been mentioned that I've never seen. It's definitely bizarre! Could it be that Facebook shuffles the posts around or something since they're remembrance pages? I have no idea how that works! I know a friend of mine who passed never had hers memorialized, so everything is there like it always was....

That's what is weird to me though! They've all been "remembering" pages for me since within a few days of the murder.

With that said, I know FB can be wonky, and it really isn't a big deal. It's just weird that these changes I've never seen. I too have only viewed it from my FB app. As I'm looking back on my own page, it shows some posts from this month and then kinda cuts to early April. Who knows.

O/T, standing outside and heard 3 very loud gunshots in a row then nothing. Have never thought anything of them until I started following this daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member