OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to be proven wrong in suspecting him at all... but I've just been reading everything I can find on the SRT (probably trained in Columbus) and it sure makes him more suspect than a Mexican Cartel... He is a swat team trained man with murderously bad judgement. I've watched the video where a witness describes JJ shooting someone who was guilty of driving 52 mph in a 45 mph zone when he "took over" the chase, read how he disregarded dispatch calls, had issues (like hitting an elderly man in a crosswalk) and "accidentally" shot his neighbor in the head. I wonder what he told his neighbor (drunk) that required silencing? How can I not see him as a prime suspect? He is the only person on the radar so far that has the skill to have done this on his own. And he needed money bad - just how bad remains to be seen.

He's on my radar too. Not so much as a serial killer but for the reasons in above post #306.

He's on my radar too. Not so much as a serial killer but for the reasons in above post #306.

The cases may be totally unrelated. But when RayPate brought up his theory on the history of the Rhoden's killer, I have to admit that I had already looked at that possibility too. All of these things happened while he had the authority of an officer of the law.

I agree with you. But if something happened that threatened to expose him or triggered murderous rage could push it over the line. I don't think you can put this in a neat little box. I , like everyone else, am just sleuthing the internet, but I think the 6 murders were crimes of opportunity. I think the Rhoden's murders were a crime of psychopathic rage. And we've already shown that a psychopath (especially one with a toddler of his own) can have limited and directed empathy, and appear deceptively charming. He was working in Pike County and could have regularly visited the Rhodens (at night) to pick up extortion $$. Everyone in the family business would have know about it.

After he was indicted he needed big money and knew where he could get it - but what if the Rhodens laughed in his face? I've suggested before what could have happened... it would explain the limb wounds, the professional executions and why KR was found at the remote trailer - which could have been the "bank". Why everyone? It could have been as simple as "why not" - loose lips sink ships.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of these murders took place in about a mile radius - right? Maybe Dana's only mistake was driving by CRsr's trailer and recognizing the vehicle he drove. He is SWAT trained which makes him capable of moving fast and covering his tracks. If this theory holds any water, then how is LE going to explain it away? They had to let him out on bond in May (2015) and we learned that his hearing (April 22) was just to return property - wonder if the property was the DA's guns? I wonder who came up with the bail money? Like I said, please prove me wrong, I don't have any dog in this fight but to bring justice to this family - whatever that turns out to be.
You could be right. But you're also making all kinds of assumptions with little or no evidence to support them. Some assumptions off the top of my head:

1. That JJ has no alibi for that night.
2. That he is a psychopath and not something more benign (e.g, someone who is careless, someone who uses poor judgment, someone who has a drinking problem, etc.).
3. That someone threatened to expose him. Expose him for what?
4. That he knew the Rhodens.
5. That the Rhodens were making big bucks through some illegal means.
6. That the Rhodens kept large sums of cash on hand.
7. That he was extorting them.
8. That he needed big money after the indictment. Big money for what?
9. That the limb wounds were caused intentionally instead of for some more benign reason (e.g., a poor shot, raising a hand as a defensive gesture when a gun is pointed at a person, etc.).
10. That he pulled off the eight killings by himself (or, for some unknown reason, was able to persaude someone else to help him murder eight people in cold blood). Did he find another psychopath to join him?

AFAIK, none of these is a proven fact.

How DeWine described the killers in planning and carrying this out and the extent they went to without getting caught, I can't believe this is their first time killing.

From the way Dewine talks, they don't know who did it as of yet. He doesn't say they are building a case. But then, I'm not sure we have a reason to believe him...

I can kind of see their point. If they make it an unclassified felony, they're not getting anything and the cost to prosecute is very high. If they make it a first degree misdemeanor they are hitting them in their wallet w/ a $10,000 fine and the state will get something in return as well. Pike County is such a distressed county, for example, that it would serve two purposes. Curb the fighting of the chickens, while bringing in cash from arrests that are much lest costly and time consuming to prosecute. They'd not even see jail time w/an unclassified felony. They'd still not be able to just get a search warrant and roll up onto someone's property b/c of having the little rooster huts, no more than they can with seeing someone with an active pit bull breeding business. If you've noticed in the county open records there is a huge number of automobile related fines. Many times that is how these small, distressed, communities make some income. They patrol the roads and give tickets out left and right. Not saying it is wrong, but as you can see there is not a huge amount of other income opportunities for the county.

State budget and tax cuts by the Governor and Ohio General Assembly have put extreme pressure on small communities and counties. They're stretched to adequately fund law enforcement, courts and prosecutors. You make a good point. It's common sense to develop penalties that discourage these practices while avoiding the high cost of prosecution and litigation.

I've followed the Missy Beavers case a bit and iirc they did not give out a ton of info in the beginning on that one but have started revealing more as time as gone on. I've not checked in on it in a couple days so can't speak for now.

On an unrelated note, the "In Cold Blood" murders have trotted through my mind on this one, every now and then. The what if someone heard they had money stashed and such.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...h-killed-cold-blood-50-years-article-1.417216

This case made me think of that one also. A whole family murdered for basically nothing....

From the way Dewine talks, they don't know who did it as of yet. He doesn't say they are building a case. But then, I'm not sure we have a reason to believe him...

They have all the information and evidence locked away, sealed from public view. There isn't now, nor will there be any way of knowing what they're doing or how well the investigation is going. The families and the community can keep pushing for answers and more information, but if this investigation proceeds like those of similar local drug related murders, the case could drift for years with no information or arrests.

Oh..good God. I know a couple of these people! Was one of these people on his FB a woman? Can we even talk about that?

I don't know if we can or not but yes, one was a woman.

You could be right. But you're also making all kinds of assumptions with little or no evidence to support them. Some assumptions off the top of my head:

1. That JJ has no alibi for that night.
2. That he is a psychopath and not something more benign (e.g, someone who is careless, someone who uses poor judgment, someone who has a drinking problem, etc.).
3. That someone threatened to expose him. Expose him for what?
4. That he knew the Rhodens.
5. That the Rhodens were making big bucks through some illegal means.
6. That the Rhodens kept large sums of cash on hand.
7. That he was extorting them.
8. That he needed big money after the indictment. Big money for what?
9. That the limb wounds were caused intentionally instead of for some more benign reason (e.g., a poor shot, raising a hand as a defensive gesture when a gun is pointed at a person, etc.).
10. That he pulled off the eight killings by himself (or, for some unknown reason, was able to persaude someone else to help him murder eight people in cold blood). Did he find another psychopath to join him?

AFAIK, none of these is a proven fact.

I have been clear that I am speculating - what if? And # 1- 4 & 7 are certainly questionable. But even then, a SWAT deputy who has "thinking problems" would go without saying... #8 is easy, his defense atty asked the judge to lower the bail amount because "the amount would be difficult" - how much will it cost for a murder trial attorney?

As far as I can see the rest of the list has been speculated about by many others.

I would think that he is open to sleuthing because of his past actions, near proximity and MSM information. But if a moderator says, "no" I will sit and wait it until a better option or an arrest proves me wrong - which I have said I am so willing to be. I think it's better if I stop posting and move away from this case anyway. I've got a full load of school work - including community policing. Sorry if I've offended - peace out <3

Ok,sorry about the disruption ..The first serial killer can be read about by checking Google .."Atlanta Missing and
Murdered. Children,""..The second was,"Mary Shotwell Little And Diane Shields,"
I want to congratulate all websleuth bloggers that I have been following .(all two hundred or so) Your experiences
and knowledge of Pike. County served,up to this point, to verify my suspicions..Your descriptions of the area,
Your description of the area lifestyle and attitudes of people in that area made for very pleasant reading..I am going
to sound like a novice to you, but don't be fooled..The rule dictates that when you talk to a serial killer or listen
to him, do not concentrate on what he says, but what he does not say. The deep seated killer impulses are hidden
to a point, but when he talks his sub-conscious thoughts reveal some ideas he did not intend to appear.
Does the L.E. have the same conclusion I have? You bet....if I presented a quizz on the I.D. of the serial killer,
would you reach the same conclusion that I have? My assumption, here goes. Home town boy, hates Pike
County lifestyles as such,has a family ,,,straight-laced to a fault.,motives,, eliminating citizens who corrupt
his environment ..(future of his family).. Born in the county,Raised in the county,. Knows about everybody in
the county and is known by a majority of the citizens..Nice guy,Calculating,no remorse and evil...
One last note,forget everything,roosters,cars,family disputes,this is a case where the killer has a feeling
that it is his responsibility to clean up this Pike County mess. If his wife would talk, she would verify my
assumptions J.M.0. Stay tuned.
Children
Interesting insight. Appreciate your thoughts!

This case made me think of that one also. A whole family murdered for basically nothing....

But the killers left money tossed around at KR's death scene. Seems kind of profligate for criminals wanting cash. My main theory is still that it was done in retaliation for CR1 or others talking to LE.

I can't see them either. Darnit! The few folks that I have met on that indictment list are some pretty colorful people....
It was not a Remembering GR page when I was looking at earlier. It's changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne