OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Supplying contestants to a *advertiser censored* fight constitutes participating in cockfighting, IMO. No one has that many roosters (and no hens) without being involved in fighting them. A full fledged chicken and egg operation needs relatively few roosters. Roosters get around.

I'm fully satisfied the Rhodens were involved in cockfighting but have seen no evidence it lead to their murders. I also doubt inheritance is relevant. The cars, weed, and dogs are more likely reasons. I still maintain the motive was based on a love interest or child custody.

Agree to disagree. Sure, supplying the roosters can be considered "participating" but that doesn't mean they were physically there participating. People COULD have that many roosters if they were breeding and selling. Maybe they would sell them by the bulk, or set up at flea markets and sell them, like many people do. You don't just bring a few roosters. You also wouldn't be bringing a bunch of roosters to a fight. Unless you were selling them.

Not sure what you are talking about with inheritance. Never said anything about it.

We also have NO confirmation they were fighting dogs. Some people just have a lot of dogs. Some of their dogs were hunting dogs. Some guard dogs. Some family companions.

I don't see it likely being related to custody or a love interest. JMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EXACTLY. My point is these huts or fowl housing facilities or whatever you wish to call them were visible from the road and had even been moved to the open and closer to the road since the 2015 Google Earth imagery. It appears that no local or state law enforcement in their comings and goings ever bothered to stop and follow up or even suggest an investigation was in order for local or regional cockfighting activity even though the evidence at the Rhoden complex is now characterized as being "consistent" with that. My question is when did it become so important? When the AG is already polling for his 2018 race for Gov? http://www.dispatch.com/content/blogs/the-daily-briefing/2015/10/10.23.2015-dewine-polling.html

It is also very telling to me that when the Ohio legislature considered a bill to make cockfighting a felony this year, one of the groups that lobbied against the proposal was the Ohio Prosecuting Attorneys Association which argued that while some penalty increase is probably justified, the offense should remain a misdemeanor. http://qfm96.com/news/061160-bill-tightens-penalties-on-animal-fighting/#sthash.k1YaCiKt.dpuf

I'm all for protecting animals. It's the politicians that furrow my brow.

I can kind of see their point. If they make it an unclassified felony, they're not getting anything and the cost to prosecute is very high. If they make it a first degree misdemeanor they are hitting them in their wallet w/ a $10,000 fine and the state will get something in return as well. Pike County is such a distressed county, for example, that it would serve two purposes. Curb the fighting of the chickens, while bringing in cash from arrests that are much lest costly and time consuming to prosecute. They'd not even see jail time w/an unclassified felony. They'd still not be able to just get a search warrant and roll up onto someone's property b/c of having the little rooster huts, no more than they can with seeing someone with an active pit bull breeding business. If you've noticed in the county open records there is a huge number of automobile related fines. Many times that is how these small, distressed, communities make some income. They patrol the roads and give tickets out left and right. Not saying it is wrong, but as you can see there is not a huge amount of other income opportunities for the county.

You kill eight people in an hour, instead of one at a time over time? Just found out rogue was not only K-9, but also a member of the state Strategic Response Team (SWAT).

There's got to be more to it. So you think JJ killed the missing women?

??? What has your reply to do with my comment? I was talking about my area and people have chickens for eggs. Nothing was mentioned about game *advertiser censored* or fighting or Rhodens....

I thought you meant people raising game *advertiser censored*, not chickens in general, since that was kind of the way the flow of the conversation was going re; chickens. As I said I was not trying to being rude. Just explaining that game *advertiser censored* are usually not bred for much of anything else.

I would first like to say thank you to everyone who replied to my wall of text! It does the heart good to see people so forgiving of something that many people condemn to the end of the world and back. I wish everyone was as forgiving...though I know there are a heck of a lot of things done by addicts that don't quite meet that mark...which, I suppose, may or may not be the case with the Rhoden Family and Hannah Gilley.

I know some of you Veteran Sleuthers are more experienced in these kinds of matters, so I thought I would ask....have you ever come across a case like this where LE has held just about every stitch of evidence/motive/suspects/crime scene details so close to their chests like this? I have looked into several different things, like Casey Anthony, OJ Simpson, and it seems like a lot of these kinds of details are released to the public. I mean, I understand certain details being kept sealed until the trial...but all we have here is a few quotes from the AG and Sheriff, some interviews from folks who found the bodies that are, at best, questionable (in both memory and the reporting of it), rumor and a boatload of speculation. It's crazy!

Or perhaps an undercover operation was already in progress and it was just closely held.

This is one of my theories. Something was getting ready to be revealed, and the Rhodens were part of it somehow, so before it happened, someone who really, really, did not want to go to prison for a long time, took care of loose ends.

Is that in Pike County or nearby areas? I've heard about it but haven't read much.

Those were in the Chillicothe area which is in Ross county. It appears that they were mostly all if not all drug users and some had a history of prostitution. That one may never be solved because a really good suspect was killed by a prostitute in Charleston WV last summer. IIRC, he may have been linked to a number of other murders in several states and had things in his car that a serial killer might use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There's got to be more to it. So you think JJ killed the missing women?

I would love to be proven wrong in suspecting him at all... but I've just been reading everything I can find on the SRT (probably trained in Columbus) and it sure makes him more suspect than a Mexican Cartel... He is a swat team trained man with murderously bad judgement. I've watched the video where a witness describes JJ shooting someone who was guilty of driving 52 mph in a 45 mph zone when he "took over" the chase, read how he disregarded dispatch calls, had issues (like hitting an elderly man in a crosswalk) and "accidentally" shot his neighbor in the head. I wonder what he told his neighbor (drunk) that required silencing? How can I not see him as a prime suspect? He is the only person on the radar so far that has the skill to have done this on his own. And he needed money bad - just how bad remains to be seen.

Is there really that much money in cockfighting to motivate 2 or more people to wipe out 8 family members in one night? Is KR once again the outlier here? He didn't have any of the cockfighting accoutrement at his home, didn't appear to be involved in the hobby. Why would killers go so far out of their way to find him several miles away from the other family members and kill him? Just asking for the sake of discussion.

Yes, if you get into it seriously, there is a lot of money to be made in game *advertiser censored*. None of it legal, unless you are just selling them.

Convenient, isn't it. Drug murders are a dime a dozen these days.

I've tried to find another case where they moved the crime scene trailers like this case and found none. It just seems so odd to me. Either their forensic people really suck or there is something else going on. Coverup? Was CR a snitch or coerced into snitching? Something.

Has there been other cases that anyone has found where murders took place in 4 non-stationary crime scenes?

WHIO update. The video on the link isn't the one they showed in the broadcast. Don't know why. He said "they have a ways to go" before this is solved. He made it sound like they are still trying to
figure out who did it...

http://www.whio.com/news/news/crime...000-piece-puzzle/nrTrT/?videoIconPresent=true
---- Additionally, he told a charter school official he is running for governor in 2018 and called the Obama administration’s directive on transgender students using bathrooms matching gender identity “absurd.” ---

Well, that was relevant.

The psychology of a serial killer, AFAIK, is different than a mass murderer. https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wicked-deeds/201502/how-mass-murder-and-serial-murder-differ

I agree with you. But if something happened that threatened to expose him or triggered murderous rage could push it over the line. I don't think you can put this in a neat little box. I , like everyone else, am just sleuthing the internet, but I think the 6 murders were crimes of opportunity. I think the Rhoden's murders were a crime of psychopathic rage. And we've already shown that a psychopath (especially one with a toddler of his own) can have limited and directed empathy, and appear deceptively charming. He was working in Pike County and could have regularly visited the Rhodens (at night) to pick up extortion $$. Everyone in the family business would have know about it.

After he was indicted he needed big money and knew where he could get it - but what if the Rhodens laughed in his face? I've suggested before what could have happened... it would explain the limb wounds, the professional executions and why KR was found at the remote trailer - which could have been the "bank". Why everyone? It could have been as simple as "why not" - loose lips sink ships.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of these murders took place in about a mile radius - right? Maybe Dana's only mistake was driving by CRsr's trailer and recognizing the vehicle he drove. He is SWAT trained which makes him capable of moving fast and covering his tracks. If this theory holds any water, then how is LE going to explain it away? They had to let him out on bond in May (2015) and we learned that his hearing (April 22) was just to return property - wonder if the property was the DA's guns? I wonder who came up with the bail money? Like I said, please prove me wrong, I don't have any dog in this fight but to bring justice to this family - whatever that turns out to be.

"At 81, retired Atlanta police detective Ray Pate stays on the Internet – a pastime that’s leading him to Mount Holly on the trail of a Charlotte woman who disappeared nearly 50 years ago."

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article9204080.html#storylink=cpy

Sleuthing 101

Thanks, Lindadnaette. I have a personal policy of not sleuthing members. I'd hope that the same courtesy would be extended by my fellow sleuthers to me :)
Which is the reason I asked if he'd be willing to verify with an admin, instead of requesting he outright provide evidence.
His opinion is as valuable as any of the rest of ours without the title. But since he introduced himself as a former homicide detective, that's a title that commands a bit more heed, IMO.
I wanted to know if that's truly an angle I should be reading his posts from.

No one has that many roosters (and no hens) without being involved in fighting them. A full fledged chicken and egg operation needs relatively few roosters. Roosters get around.
Actually a "full fledged" chicken and egg operation doesn't need a Rooster at all.

How does a person change from being a serial killer to a mass murderer?
I don't know the exact answer, but in my mind the difference would be this. A "mass murderer" is someone who goes out and kills a bunch of people all at once. A "serial killer" would be someone who kills a person or persons on a continual basis. That could be 1 or 2, or more at a time. I could see how the two could be interchanged easily or how someone could be considered both, but I don't think everyone would necessarily always be considered both. Hope all that makes sense.

I would first like to say thank you to everyone who replied to my wall of text! It does the heart good to see people so forgiving of something that many people condemn to the end of the world and back. I wish everyone was as forgiving...though I know there are a heck of a lot of things done by addicts that don't quite meet that mark...which, I suppose, may or may not be the case with the Rhoden Family and Hannah Gilley.

I know some of you Veteran Sleuthers are more experienced in these kinds of matters, so I thought I would ask....have you ever come across a case like this where LE has held just about every stitch of evidence/motive/suspects/crime scene details so close to their chests like this? I have looked into several different things, like Casey Anthony, OJ Simpson, and it seems like a lot of these kinds of details are released to the public. I mean, I understand certain details being kept sealed until the trial...but all we have here is a few quotes from the AG and Sheriff, some interviews from folks who found the bodies that are, at best, questionable (in both memory and the reporting of it), rumor and a boatload of speculation. It's crazy!

I've followed the Missy Beavers case a bit and iirc they did not give out a ton of info in the beginning on that one but have started revealing more as time as gone on. I've not checked in on it in a couple days so can't speak for now.

On an unrelated note, the "In Cold Blood" murders have trotted through my mind on this one, every now and then. The what if someone heard they had money stashed and such.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...h-killed-cold-blood-50-years-article-1.417216

Thanks, Lindadnaette. I have a personal policy of not sleuthing members. I'd hope that the same courtesy would be extended by my fellow sleuthers to me :)
Which is the reason I asked if he'd be willing to verify with an admin, instead of requesting he outright provide evidence.
His opinion is as valuable as any of the rest of ours without the title. But since he introduced himself as a former homicide detective, that's a title that commands a bit more heed, IMO.
I wanted to know if that's truly an angle I should be reading his posts from.

I didn't mean any disrespect. I do sleuth other members who make claims that might influence the case. I cut my sleuthing teeth on the Melinda Duckett case and there were all kinds of issues and accusations made. I wanted to know who was making them. I don't care if anyone does a search on my name - I imagine others have (overtly or covertly) Like I said - I'm a little rusty but this isn't my first rodeo. I am willing to be wrong about anything, that in my book is the mark of a good sleuth. But I agree with Ray, so of course I wanted to know if he was for real - he actually gave the clues that invited us to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne