OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Dewine's statement about the grow operations being "industrial" mean there was equipment used to grow it and it was done indoors for sure? I know Kenneth had some in his building in a tray....

Anybody have a guess as to where the other two were? I've looked and I honestly can't even guess because there are so many buildings. I know a couple of the bigger ones are a no because of the pictures of the insides on Facebook. I wonder if there wasn't something going on inside of Dana's red building. That kind of place makes me think industrial.

Welcome! I have not seen that video but will now have to search it out. :) It's against TOS to post it here though. I did not know DR had an Instagram but have seen the Flip-a-gram. I'm not sure if we are allowed to post links to Instagrams or not.

Let me know if you find the YouTube videos and what you think of it.

O/T
And, to rsd1200

Way too early in the am to be laughing so hard!
Saw AG in Middletown Ohio last year. What a performance!

"So we'll wait till it comes around again, and this time with four part harmony and feeling.."
:guitar:

Shot distribution:
CR1: 9 times to the head limbs and torso
GR: 3 times to the head
KR: 1 to the head
FR: 2-5 times all to the head
HG: 2-5 times all to the head
DR: 2-5 times all to the head
HMR: 2-5 times all to the head
CR2: 2-5 times all to the head

A couple of things jump out at me. The killers wanted these people dead badly enough to fire at least 4 shots into the head of at least one of the female victims. Did they resist? (I think so). Only one shot was needed for KR. Did they run out of bullets? Were they not as concerned about killing him?

With so many head shots, the killers were either very good shots or these were at very close range. Also, the large number of shots suggests to me a smaller caliber weapon. I think if you shot someone in the head with a .45, you'd be pretty sure you did the job.

I think CR1 didn't go down easily. I think he fought back and was a moving target. This explains the non-head shots, abundant splatter, and evidence that he had been dragged. I have to think in the other two trailers, smart killers would have eliminated CR2 and FR first and then moved on to the women.

I know this post seems incredibly sexist and this is not my intention. The women may have fought back too, we just don't know. Dana probably did, if she could. She may have been found in the living room. If CR2 indeed was targeted first in this home and it was a split bedroom floorplan, she might have heard the shots and tried to come to his or Hanna's aid. The other two women, I believe, stayed in bed trying to shelter their babies. All my opinion.

http://www.growopsolutions.ca/detection.html

I was told this early on in the case and finally found an article to support it. The reason for all the tarps on the roofs I didn't think those trailers had that many leaks! Maybe the reason for no windows in CR1s trailer as well

Nice! I had noticed this look of a sealed or haphazard painted roof on CR1's trailer and wondered, w/the tarp on FR's, if they'd sealed CR's and had not gotten around to sealing FR's (only I was thinking about leaks for rain coming in and not to stop heat going out). Which, would also lend credence to my theory as to why the toddler slept on the couch; b/c FR's other bedroom(s) had plants in them.

This is a good find. Now the tarps make sense.

The tarps also make sense for leaking purposes. We were just coming out of winter. Can't fix leaks in winter. Leaks often come on in winter due to the weight of the snow on the roof. Roofs are also expensive. We had a leak and had tarps on our roof until it could be fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. 200 plants will grow you about 15 pounds, give or take. That's definitely more than personal use, but it is probably enough to supply the 8 victims for an entire year. That's baby amounts of weed in comparison to drug cartels.

Lol. 200 plants can yield way more than 15 pounds if you know how to grow correctly and none of the plants turn female or get lost in the grow cycle.

Can someone post the media thread link. Please

For reference, it's also always on the first page of the thread in the first 1-3 posts.

Also from the link: Willett said police also recovered more than 186 root balls – pots containing portions of marijuana plants left over after marijuana was harvested.
It does help me to understand though that 200 plants can be considered a large grow operation to LE.

They'd probably been saving them over a period a several months. Root balls are only really used to make things like rubbing compounds (or tea) and they have to be well dried, and then ground to a fine powder.

They'd probably been saving them over a period a several months. Root balls are only really used to make things like rubbing compounds (or tea) and they have to be well dried, and then ground to a fine powder.

From that article's pics, it looked to me more like they had just done a big harvest: chopped off plants hanging from a line to cure next to a giant plastic tub of trim(?) or dried plants.

I agree - 200 plants should get you 75-100 lbs (every few months) indoors fairly easily.

The tarps also make sense for leaking purposes.

Yup, those just look like normal "keep the water out" tarps.

They may have had mylar or white sheeting around the grow areas, but it would be inside (not on the roof) and designed to maximize the effectiveness of the grow lights IMO.

The tarps also make sense for leaking purposes. We were just coming out of winter. Can't fix leaks in winter. Leaks often come on in winter due to the weight of the snow on the roof. Roofs are also expensive. We had a leak and had tarps on our roof until it could be fixed.

There were no tarps, in July 2015, but, CR1's roof seemed to have that odd looking sealant (rain/heat?) at that time, but not before. Also, it appears that the game fowl showed up around 2014. The property that KR's trailer is on was purchased from an in-law, and it seems that trailer came w/it, in Mar. 2009. These trailers have been on the properties for quite some time so it could be either or I'd guess.

Lol. 200 plants can yield way more than 15 pounds if you know how to grow correctly and none of the plants turn female or get lost in the grow cycle.

And therein lies the rub. "If". Also that "if" plays into no plants getting diseased or any type of bug infestation. Either of those and you can lose a lot, or all, of your plants if you have them all together. Outdoor plants give you a lot more yield than indoor too.

8 indoor plants gets you a quarter pound at most

If you are really constrained by space and have underpowered lights, maybe. I very much disagree with "at most" of 14 grams per plant for someone running a decent grow op.

But keep in mind we are dealing with individuals with carpentry (CR1), electrical (KR), and cultivation (GR) experience. They didn't just have 8 plants (according to DeWine) - they had hundreds.

From that article's pics, it looked to me more like they had just done a big harvest: chopped off plants hanging from a line to cure next to a giant plastic tub of trim(?) or dried plants.

I agree - 200 plants should get you 75-100 lbs (every few months) indoors fairly easily.

I went low, with 3.5 ounces, dried yield, per plant. The reasoning behind that is b/c of all of the ifs and I don't think they'd been doing it that long. Also, it's a labor intensive process and it just does not seem that they had the labor to pull of a high quality yield. I could be wrong though. I have been before. But my jury's still out till I see those 8x10 color glossies of the operation.

And therein lies the rub. "If". Also that "if" plays into no plants getting diseased or any type of bug infestation. Either of those and you can lose a lot, or all, of your plants if you have them all together. Outdoor plants give you a lot more yield than indoor too.

Crop failure is a thing and it's bad, but not as disastrous as it used to be. Concentrates can be made from trim, moldy plants, etc. so it's not a total loss even if it happens late in the cycle.

I do think they were probably setting up for growing outdoors at the time - why wouldn't you?

Shot distribution:
CR1: 9 times to the head limbs and torso
GR: 3 times to the head
KR: 1 to the head
FR: 2-5 times all to the head
HG: 2-5 times all to the head
DR: 2-5 times all to the head
HMR: 2-5 times all to the head
CR2: 2-5 times all to the head

A couple of things jump out at me. The killers wanted these people dead badly enough to fire at least 4 shots into the head of at least one of the female victims. Did they resist? (I think so). Only one shot was needed for KR. Did they run out of bullets? Were they not as concerned about killing him?

With so many head shots, the killers were either very good shots or these were at very close range. Also, the large number of shots suggests to me a smaller caliber weapon. I think if you shot someone in the head with a .45, you'd be pretty sure you did the job.

I think CR1 didn't go down easily. I think he fought back and was a moving target. This explains the non-head shots, abundant splatter, and evidence that he had been dragged. I have to think in the other two trailers, smart killers would have eliminated CR2 and FR first and then moved on to the women.

I know this post seems incredibly sexist and this is not my intention. The women may have fought back too, we just don't know. Dana probably did, if she could. She may have been found in the living room. If CR2 indeed was targeted first in this home and it was a split bedroom floorplan, she might have heard the shots and tried to come to his or Hanna's aid. The other two women, I believe, stayed in bed trying to shelter their babies. All my opinion.
It sounds like GR was laying across CRsr's legs. I do wonder if it is possible if the three gunshots to the head of GR passed through and also hit CRsr in the legs. Just a thougt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member