OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were no tarps, in July 2015, but, CR1's roof seemed to have that odd looking sealant (rain/heat?) at that time, but not before. Also, it appears that the game fowl showed up around 2014. The property that KR's trailer is on was purchased from an in-law, and it seems that trailer came w/it, in Mar. 2009. These trailers have been on the properties for quite some time so it could be either or I'd guess.
Didn't the roof with the tarps have shingles?

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

They'd probably been saving them over a period a several months. Root balls are only really used to make things like rubbing compounds (or tea) and they have to be well dried, and then ground to a fine powder.
Again I have no idea. I was just guessing it to mean that it is possible that those bulbs could of recently been harvested.

Again I have no idea. I was just guessing it to mean that it is possible that those bulbs could of recently been harvested.
Fine powder off of the leaves is how you produce "kief". It's about 99% thc

Even at that, you're talking 3.5 oz * 200 plants = 700 oz = 43.75 lbs every few months. Good $ there.
Sixteen plants that are grown under a 600-watt HPS lamp could produce about 37.5 grams or 1.3 oz of marijuana per plant.

Crop failure is a thing and it's bad, but not as disastrous as it used to be. Concentrates can be made from trim, moldy plants, etc. so it's not a total loss even if it happens late in the cycle.

I do think they were probably setting up for growing outdoors at the time - why wouldn't you?

I agree they probably were going to grow some, or maybe all, outdoors but it was too early to set the plants out. At least if it were me it would have been. I'd just let them get stronger and not set anything out before any danger of last frost and that is at least after Kentucky Derby day. For some reason, I think they were kind of new to doing a large scale grow. I also think the pot and roosters was FR's idea. Going back through photos of the property, you don't really see any cars, or chickens, until after FR is an older teen/adult. FR was the one who was really into the Derbies, w/CR2 possibly following big brother (I think KR liked the Derbies too in his youth and was a very good mechanic as well). But, I think FR started w/the growing to help fund his Derby hobby, and it grew from there, no pun intended, and the game *advertiser censored* were a hobby/potential addit'l income source. But I just don't see that they had enough hands to properly manage 200 plants for optimum yield.

Even at that, you're talking 3.5 oz * 200 plants = 700 oz = 43.75 lbs every few months. Good $ there.

It is good money, but, when you figure it net, and split between three partners it isn't as much as it seems. It's more like what one would earn at a pretty good legal job, w/beneits. Producers don't make as much.

It is good money, but, when you figure it net, and split between three partners it isn't as much as it seems. It's more like what one would earn at a pretty good legal job, w/beneits. Producers don't make as much.

Hm. Would you kill someone for potential earnings or for potentially expanding? Who would they have been stomping on if they were expanding?

My point was this. I think (JMO) if there was anyway that the Sheriff could have JJ in jail then he would be in jail. Part of this is his comments...one of which he says "He will never work in this department again". He's also made comments that he would never receive another paycheck. I just think this would be an easy way for the Sheriff to "get rid of him once and for all" if he could.

I hope this is okay to post but Sheriff Reader was facebook friends with the guy JJ shot last December.

Hm. Would you kill someone for potential earnings or for potentially expanding?

Or for potentially snitching?

O/T: would anyone be so kind as to explain to me how the "thank" feature is generally used here? Should I use it to say, "i agree with your opinion", "i disagree with your opinion but appreciate your time and effort to comment", "i think this post contributes to the topic", or all of the above (I've been doing all three bc I'm more accustomed to the reddit "upvote"). TiA <3

There were no tarps, in July 2015, but, CR1's roof seemed to have that odd looking sealant (rain/heat?) at that time, but not before. Also, it appears that the game fowl showed up around 2014. The property that KR's trailer is on was purchased from an in-law, and it seems that trailer came w/it, in Mar. 2009. These trailers have been on the properties for quite some time so it could be either or I'd guess.
Mobile home roofs need to be resealed every so many years. The sealant gets brittle and cracks from the sun UV.

I hope this is okay to post but Sheriff Reader was facebook friends with the guy JJ shot last December.

The guy being shot was a good friend of several people at PC sheriffs office, including JJ.

O/T: would anyone be so kind as to explain to me how the "thank" feature is generally used here? Should I use it to say, "i agree with your opinion", "i disagree with your opinion but appreciate your time and effort to comment", "i think this post contributes to the topic", or all of the above (I've been doing all three bc I'm more accustomed to the reddit "upvote"). TiA <3
I mainly try to thank any post that contributes to the conversation. I may not agree with the persons post, but feel that all opinions and insights are important to really understand the case.

Wow. She sure has had quite a few pretty decent looking cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a perk of having a daddy that works on cars! I went through more cars living at home (16yr-18yr old) than I did my entire adult life.....

For some reason, I think they were kind of new to doing a large scale grow. I also think the pot and roosters was FR's idea.
Didn't grandpa Rhoden die around 2008, then the 4077 UHR and 1084 LF properties were distributed to his heirs? A few nice / large buildings have sprung up on those properties in recent years, including one that DS reports having seen a tray of plants in.

I don't know the family in any way, but I had theorized that the timeline and activities weren't so much related to FR getting older so much as grandpa Rhoden dying and his heirs like CR1 and KR assuming control over the property and family structure.

Hm. Would you kill someone for potential earnings or for potentially expanding? Who would they have been stomping on if they were expanding?

This is why I don't think it is the pot. Pot is pretty easy to come by. I don't see anyone being angry enough over a couple hundred plants, give or take, to murder someone. However, if they got mixed in on someone's turf on either end of the Hwy 23 pipeline, in trying to expand into a more lucrative pill or heroin market, then someone they were dealing w/in Detroit for example, may have paid them a visit. Especially if they felt they were being manipulated in any way. It's the dealers who are not users that are the most dangerous. GR may have connected them to some dangerous people inadvertently b/c of friendships.

That's the missing link I've been looking for - I think DR was probably familiar with most of local LE - more so after she and CRsr divorced in 2007, simply because she was likely to be more sociable. I've wondered if Dana was the messenger (NOT involved in any other way) who delivered an extortion ultimatum... and that CRsr's refusal is the reason for her request to Brad. I would love to know more about the organizational "climate" under Sheriff Henderson who seemed to resign in such a hurry. I just read last night (for school) that LE tends to be an ingroup - identifying with each other, socializing and protecting. This case seems like it might be a textbook example!

I've often wondered if DR and CR officially split up in 2007 just to protect her and the younger kids once he went big with the weed operation. I think that they were never really, truly split.

The snitching theory, and someone w/in LE being potentially revealed, and taking care of business, has been a pet theory of mine since the get go. Re; the Thank You button. I've been doing all of the above, except wholeheartedly disagree! lol So, I'm glad you asked that question. :)

It's a personal preference, but IMO usually means "I agree" or "I think this post contributes to the topic". Sometimes if various members post the same information, I only "thank" the first one if I'm busy.

I would prefer a more silent way of torture, if I was going to get information. Shots and screaming would cause more attention than more effective, yet simple methodes. So that would not go with the LE statement about sophistication, imo.

It bothers me that all we have points to small caliber guns, it seems so random and unprofessional. Would you rather fire (at least) 32 less noisy shots with a small caliber gun, rather than eight loud ones with a large caliber? I know nothing about guns, or how much louder a large caliber gun would be, but it seems odd to me.

If you are trying to hit your mark and not hit someone else (the kids) a small caliber gun makes since. Less kick and therefore less chance of hitting someone you didn't want to hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NH_Gal