OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never used or sold or grew any kind of drug.i do take blood pressure pills, but I don't think growing pot is that big of deal I see people all day in my line of work I would rather deal with a pot smoker then a pill head any day of the week! But for no reason should anyone be killed for their lifestyle of growing pot or raising roosters.To debate over this while 8 people have died is a waste of time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely agree!!!! And I also don't think that 20 year old and 16 year old tiffs are that big of deal either. I'll bet at least 75% of all males go through a "hothead" stage. Most boys do have tiffs at those ages. Until they release more information, we have no proof that anything they were doing was illegal aside from the mj.

A few have asked why some of the posts discussing their activities are relevant. Well I feel mine was relevant because a few people said LE was trying to make the Rhodens look bad. I said I don't agree with that.. LE has told us FACTS not opinion. It is a fact that they were into drugs... Selling and using drugs doesn't paint people in the best light. That's not LEs fault. It's not their job to make people look good in the media by withholding information that's probably relevant to the investigation. JMO.

No, it's their job to investigate the crime and find the killers (and anyone else who might have been involved). It's also their job to inform the public as much as possible about the progress of the investigation and solicit as much helpful information as possible.

Southeast Ohio has long had a problem with drug trafficking. FBI & DEA have been investigating there for a very long time. LE no doubt already knows (or should know) a lot about who the major players are in the area. Unless LE tells us otherwise, the victims were somewhat small time players with their local grow operation. Federal and/or local LE likely already has a group of suspects on their radar - kingpins in the drug trade and those who worked for them handling all aspects of the business from wholesale to retail to money laundering. As others have theorized, the killers could have been involved or linked to other areas of criminal activity.

There are a lot of questions that need answering, but LE likely knows many of the players in the area.

Similarly, the only real comment detectives have made in the Newsome case is that the mother dealt oxy.
Maybe the intention isn't to disparage these families, but it seems to be a convenient way to make the public go "ah, I see where this is going," and stop asking questions.

Similarly, the only real comment detectives have made in the Newsome case is that the mother dealt oxy.
Maybe the intention isn't to disparage these families, but it seems to be a convenient way to make the public go "ah, I see where this is going," and stop asking questions.

Agree, the bigger players in the drug trade, the ones willing to kill a small time dealer who they suspect might talk to LE, are the ones who need the most attention. It's frustrating to think that, over decades of investigation, LE has had such difficulty stopping the drug trade and the killings.

Convenient, isn't it. Drug murders are a dime a dozen these days.

I've tried to find another case where they moved the crime scene trailers like this case and found none. It just seems so odd to me. Either their forensic people really suck or there is something else going on. Coverup? Was CR a snitch or coerced into snitching? Something.

So Ohio tried to pass a bill last year to make growing legal ?
I know wv is talking this year ....
http://www.legis.state.wv.us/Bill_S...ldoc=hb114+intr.htm&yr=2016&sesstype=1X&i=114
But if this is what everyone seems to think they got killed over I hope wv has better luck!

Correct, it failed by quite a bit last year.
Marijuana for medical purposes may be legalized if Kasich agrees and signs the proposed bill. It passed the senate yesterday by 3 votes. I'm curious to see what he decides. It would still be illegal to grow and for recreational purposes though. I'm completely against grow ops and recreational usage, I don't know anything about using it for medical purposes so I don't really have an opinion on that.

Marijuana for medical purposes may be legal if Kasich agrees and signs the proposed bill. It passed the senate yesterday by 3 votes. I'm curious to see what he decides. It would still be illegal to grow and for recreational purposes though. I'm completely against grow ops and recreational usage, I don't know anything about using it for medical purposes so I don't really have an opinion on that.

I agree on the medical reasons it is not my concern if it helps someone who am I to tell them it's against the law. Recreational ...I am undecided on.
But we really don't want cases like this one because of either use its for!

Last time I checked, it was not illegal to raise roosters in huts. Did they come across an actual cockfight, or did they just assume that is why the roosters were being raised.

Yeah, those roosters are probably just left over from Easter...all grown up.

Marijuana for medical purposes may be legal if Kasich agrees and signs the proposed bill. It passed the senate yesterday by 3 votes. I'm curious to see what he decides. It would still be illegal to grow and for recreational purposes though. I'm completely against grow ops and recreational usage, I don't know anything about using it for medical purposes so I don't really have an opinion on that.

I am OK with legal medical use as long as it doesn't turn into a California situation where you can get a script for bout anything. I was totally against that Responsible Ohio ballot issue and made a point of voting against it. Too much first hand experience with the whole drug thing including nearly screwing up my life.

Is it possible that LE was letting people in the area know about the grow op and roosters to solicit tips? Kind of letting people know, "hey, we know about this already. It's ok to give us tips in this direction."

Ray, the person you have pegged as the killer is obvious. I get the feeling that you suspected he was the killer, then created the "profile of the killer" around him. It seems that you've created a "why" for him, but I don't see a "how." I actually can't really think of a way that he could have pulled this off.
Again I ask that if you are a professional homicide investigator, could you please verify yourself with the admins as such? It's not a necessity and I can't compel you to do it. But my baloney radar is going off something fierce. For my own benefit, I'd like to be able to take you a bit more seriously ;)

"At 81, retired Atlanta police detective Ray Pate stays on the Internet – a pastime that’s leading him to Mount Holly on the trail of a Charlotte woman who disappeared nearly 50 years ago."

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article9204080.html#storylink=cpy

Sleuthing 101

Ok,sorry about the disruption ..The first serial killer can be read about by checking Google .."Atlanta Missing and
Murdered. Children,""..The second was,"Mary Shotwell Little And Diane Shields,"
I want to congratulate all websleuth bloggers that I have been following .(all two hundred or so) Your experiences
and knowledge of Pike. County served,up to this point, to verify my suspicions..Your descriptions of the area,
Your description of the area lifestyle and attitudes of people in that area made for very pleasant reading..I am going
to sound like a novice to you, but don't be fooled..The rule dictates that when you talk to a serial killer or listen
to him, do not concentrate on what he says, but what he does not say. The deep seated killer impulses are hidden
to a point, but when he talks his sub-conscious thoughts reveal some ideas he did not intend to appear.
Does the L.E. have the same conclusion I have? You bet....if I presented a quizz on the I.D. of the serial killer,
would you reach the same conclusion that I have? My assumption, here goes. Home town boy, hates Pike
County lifestyles as such,has a family ,,,straight-laced to a fault.,motives,, eliminating citizens who corrupt
his environment ..(future of his family).. Born in the county,Raised in the county,. Knows about everybody in
the county and is known by a majority of the citizens..Nice guy,Calculating,no remorse and evil...
One last note,forget everything,roosters,cars,family disputes,this is a case where the killer has a feeling
that it is his responsibility to clean up this Pike County mess. If his wife would talk, she would verify my
assumptions J.M.0. Stay tuned.
Children

Thank you, Detective Ray, for your service and contribution to this thread. I have had the same gut instinct and think the latest murders are the work of a serial killer who was jeered at and went postal. I think you know who I mean.

Marijuana for medical purposes may be legalized if Kasich agrees and signs the proposed bill. It passed the senate yesterday by 3 votes. I'm curious to see what he decides. It would still be illegal to grow and for recreational purposes though. I'm completely against grow ops and recreational usage, I don't know anything about using it for medical purposes so I don't really have an opinion on that.

I wouldn't say it will be illegal to grow depending on the bill.

Medical marijuana is legal in Michigan. Not for recreational use. It is legal to grow. If one becomes a "caregiver", which is easily done by paying an extra fee for the license. You can have 5 patients and grow up to 12 plants per patient. In your unregulated home. There are "rules" to follow, but they aren't followed always. And realistically, nobody will ever check. Otherwise, patients wouldn't have a place to get their marijuana because dispensaries are ruled illegal in most cities and towns based on their ordinances. Many people that go to get their marijuana card get their caregiver card instead, because then they can grow 12 plants right off the bat. When someone signs up as a patient and not a caregiver, they have to register under the caregiver. But I can walk in and say I'm Laverne X and I want Shirley Y to be my caregiver. I submit my paperwork and bam, Shirley Y is my caregiver that day. So now Shirley Y can grow 12 more plants. But I can't grow, because she's my caregiver. I am allowed to transport my marijuana in a locked container in my trunk. I can't be smoking it while sitting in the drivers side of my car, much like drinking, even if the keys aren't in the ignition, because then I would get a DUI.

I personally have more of a problem with people that drink every night and drive.

Convenient, isn't it. Drug murders are a dime a dozen these days.

I've tried to find another case where they moved the crime scene trailers like this case and found none. It just seems so odd to me. Either their forensic people really suck or there is something else going on. Coverup? Was CR a snitch or coerced into snitching? Something.

Where would the hauling in trailers fit in with the snitching theory?
I don't believe you will find another case, as AG stated it's a first time for taking the crime scenes. I personally think it's a wonderful idea. But that's JMO

Ok,sorry about the disruption ..The first serial killer can be read about by checking Google .."Atlanta Missing and
Murdered. Children,""..The second was,"Mary Shotwell Little And Diane Shields,"
I want to congratulate all websleuth bloggers that I have been following .(all two hundred or so) Your experiences
and knowledge of Pike. County served,up to this point, to verify my suspicions..Your descriptions of the area,
Your description of the area lifestyle and attitudes of people in that area made for very pleasant reading..I am going
to sound like a novice to you, but don't be fooled..The rule dictates that when you talk to a serial killer or listen
to him, do not concentrate on what he says, but what he does not say. The deep seated killer impulses are hidden
to a point, but when he talks his sub-conscious thoughts reveal some ideas he did not intend to appear.
Does the L.E. have the same conclusion I have? You bet....if I presented a quizz on the I.D. of the serial killer,
would you reach the same conclusion that I have? My assumption, here goes. Home town boy, hates Pike
County lifestyles as such,has a family ,,,straight-laced to a fault.,motives,, eliminating citizens who corrupt
his environment ..(future of his family).. Born in the county,Raised in the county,. Knows about everybody in
the county and is known by a majority of the citizens..Nice guy,Calculating,no remorse and evil...
One last note,forget everything,roosters,cars,family disputes,this is a case where the killer has a feeling
that it is his responsibility to clean up this Pike County mess. If his wife would talk, she would verify my
assumptions J.M.0. Stay tuned.
Children

Who? Sheriff Reader?

How can what they see on the day they visit be "consistent" with cockfighting, yet the same evidence had been there for months if not years, and it failed to attract (or there is no record of it attracting) any local law enforcement interest at all. Or perhaps an undercover operation was already in progress and it was just closely held.

By this same logic, having a tractor would be a sign of a farming....Having a sports car would be a sign of speeding...

Yeah, those roosters are probably just left over from Easter...all grown up.
I don't think anyone is implying that. Perhaps we shouldn't judge unless it is stated as fact by LE which as far as I know it hasn't been. Lets not forget that sometimes the victims families read stuff here. (I remember Jennifer Kesse's dad popped in on us at one point!) I apologize if I am being harsh. I just don't want to minimize the horrificness of these murders. I don't care what some of them might have been into, little babies will be growing up without ever knowing their parents. Rant over. And please don't think I don't respect your opinion I enjoy reading your posts. Heaven forbid I am ever murdered and i have excellent sleuthers investigating, im sure everyone has skeletons [emoji12]

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members