OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad all of you are getting your life together and don't mind sharing the effects with the rest of us.It does help change the whole perspective of the life some of them may have lived around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats to all who are fighting addiction and staying clean and sober! It's a huge mountain to climb and your stories are inspiring. Way to go!

And I really appreciate all of the different theories, perspectives, ideas, and thoughts--even those that may seem far off. Helps us consider which scenarios might fit with the evidence (or the scant evidence we know about). Grateful for diversity of opinions here and the respectful discourse!

I don't know the exact answer, but in my mind the difference would be this. A "mass murderer" is someone who goes out and kills a bunch of people all at once. A "serial killer" would be someone who kills a person or persons on a continual basis. That could be 1 or 2, or more at a time. I could see how the two could be interchanged easily or how someone could be considered both, but I don't think everyone would necessarily always be considered both. Hope all that makes sense.

Yeah, it does. Serial killers normally don't know their victims. Mass murderers usually do. The psychology is completely different. I'm questioning the whole psychology of the two because of the women missing nearby. I'm not convinced we can draw lines between 6 missing women and the Rhodens. JMO.

I agree. While I think some theories are crazy (including some of my own), it's just because we have such limited info and things we can discuss. It's still interesting reading them all. And I like when we can discuss and challenge theories, or explain why one might think this way versus another way. I think part of the problem is we continue to get no information and the frustration is clearly growing. There's really no reason for anyone to be upset with anyone on these threads. We all live different lives and lifestyles and have all been raised differently and been through our own experiences to form why we think one way or the other. Diversity is good in cases like this, it can offer other insight that some don't consider. JMO, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of the best insights come when we challenge each other. Makes you really think about what you're saying.

I find it interesting that a candidate for Governor, through his political appointee, controls the state's elite criminal investigation organization. Imagine the possibilities.

Good morning. This will be my first time posting althou I've read and have been with you from the beginning . I would like to thank all who have shared their thoughts , ideas , and theory's - especially those with addictions , I myself have 25 years clean, ( by the grace of God ) it's amazing how everyone around you gets better when you put the drugs down. I'm a bit of a loner by choice I don't like any social media i.e. Fb or anything similar. For me to be joining a forum like this is completly out of the norm for me.
my heart goes out to the the victims of the family - I personally like them with all their faults and indiscretions I think they were good people at there core. Survival was the name of the game for these people as I see it.
the reason I came here was gather more info. For myself as I would normally label this type of murder one thing or another- but this case was totally different from anything I've ever heard of or seen - which leads me to my theory - what struck me about this case is the total confidence , stealth, and complete composure to pull something like this off in the time span HE did.............this totally boggled my mind. I've always thought this was a single person , and for that to be he would have to be close to super human IMO ..... This person has already been named and as far as I'm concerned its solved....... But I would like to add that I've seen people who were on steroids before and have achieved huge amounts of confidence endurance and unstoppable power. I've seen this first hand and was quite amazed at the transformation in these people - but there's tell tale signs as to there use of the drug just by visuals - I've seen this in this person from a video........of coarse he would have had some personality defect to boot but to me it exsplains everything .....IMO

if if you think about it the person would have to be rather large in size alone ( he would not be intimidated ) by confronting several men , I'm a avid hunter and drag deer from the woods- I'm in very good shape and you would think this would be a easy task ( it is not ! ) this person had a lot on his plate that night but still had the time to drag atleast 2 people around to different rooms and accomplish taking cameras etc..........giving this task to a normal healthy male he would fail ! Or would have atleast made mistakes - this person made none. Quit spectacular in my opinion, not your normal run of the mill serial killer. I have no doubt he has done this before and enjoys it. He is very good at what he does. But being very good will be his down fall because it could only be one person and I believe all fingers point to him.

I agree with you. But if something happened that threatened to expose him or triggered murderous rage could push it over the line. I don't think you can put this in a neat little box. I , like everyone else, am just sleuthing the internet, but I think the 6 murders were crimes of opportunity. I think the Rhoden's murders were a crime of psychopathic rage. And we've already shown that a psychopath (especially one with a toddler of his own) can have limited and directed empathy, and appear deceptively charming. He was working in Pike County and could have regularly visited the Rhodens (at night) to pick up extortion $$. Everyone in the family business would have know about it.

After he was indicted he needed big money and knew where he could get it - but what if the Rhodens laughed in his face? I've suggested before what could have happened... it would explain the limb wounds, the professional executions and why KR was found at the remote trailer - which could have been the "bank". Why everyone? It could have been as simple as "why not" - loose lips sink ships.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all of these murders took place in about a mile radius - right? Maybe Dana's only mistake was driving by CRsr's trailer and recognizing the vehicle he drove. He is SWAT trained which makes him capable of moving fast and covering his tracks. If this theory holds any water, then how is LE going to explain it away? They had to let him out on bond in May (2015) and we learned that his hearing (April 22) was just to return property - wonder if the property was the DA's guns? I wonder who came up with the bail money? Like I said, please prove me wrong, I don't have any dog in this fight but to bring justice to this family - whatever that turns out to be.
100% agree with majority of this. Hope you don't mind if I jump on your bandwagon. I think JJ set the whole thing up. But I think that he had an Insider to help. I think he either blackmailed or manipulated this person into helping "rob" the family. I think JJ had ulterior motives to begin with. And plan to take the entire family out the whole time. After the job was finished he took out the only person that could be a witness who also happened to be an accomplice. I think the money left at the scene was a Fu/thanks for the help type of thing. Also why he was only shot once if true.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

:welcome: to the conversation sojourn

I have been clear that I am speculating - what if? And # 1- 4 & 7 are certainly questionable. But even then, a SWAT deputy who has "thinking problems" would go without saying... #8 is easy, his defense atty asked the judge to lower the bail amount because "the amount would be difficult" - how much will it cost for a murder trial attorney?

As far as I can see the rest of the list has been speculated about by many others.

I would think that he is open to sleuthing because of his past actions, near proximity and MSM information. But if a moderator says, "no" I will sit and wait it until a better option or an arrest proves me wrong - which I have said I am so willing to be. I think it's better if I stop posting and move away from this case anyway. I've got a full load of school work - including community policing. Sorry if I've offended - peace out <3
I happen to very much enjoy reading your posts.

Something is weird with all their pages. Some seem to be able to see different things at different times. Every since the first week all their pages have been listed as remembering on my end.
Same here. I also have never been able to look at Hannah Gilley's April 21st post everything on her page is 2015 and prior. At least on my end.

Something is weird with all their pages. Some seem to be able to see different things at different times. Every since the first week all their pages have been listed as remembering on my end.

Totally agree. It's like they are being constantly monitored and changed. I think that's why some of us can see things, then when others go to look, it's not there.

Wait. All those police officers on the scene and not one of them suspected that the roosters may have been kept for cockfighting?
They needed AG DeWine's wifey to call that in?
Pssshhhhhh. Yeah, right. They already knew. There's no way in hell they didn't. DeWine doesn't know WHAT the heck is going on in this case.

I don't really think much about the cockfighting issue. Unless they were caught in the act of actual fighting, there's not a lot they could do about it. There was a guy several years ago that kept fighting roosters in his front yard right on route 23. He wasn't trying to hide it and nobody ever bothered him about it.
Plenty of people around here keep fighting chickens. I'm not condoning the sport, but it's just something people do here. I wouldn't call it a motive for murder.

I find it interesting that a candidate for Governor, through his political appointee, controls the state's elite criminal investigation organization. Imagine the possibilities.

Ah, yes, imagine the possibilities. We are currently getting to do something similar with our current AG under indictment and still doing his nefarious legal work. He was quite busy yesterday, helping the Gov. Get his case together for suing the federal government.

I don't really think much about the cockfighting issue. Unless they were caught in the act of actual fighting, there's not a lot they could do about it. There was a guy several years ago that kept fighting roosters in his front yard right on route 23. He wasn't trying to hide it and nobody ever bothered him about it.
Plenty of people around here keep fighting chickens. I'm not condoning the sport, but it's just something people do here. I wouldn't call it a motive for murder.

I'm close to being tongue in cheek with this comment I'm about to make. So, don't take me too seriously. Or freak out, cause I have to bother with working (bah!). But you know, cockfighting has high rates of murder, high rates of drug involvement. Not to mention people have been known to bet cars on the outcomes of fights. :)

I remember when I was a kid a gamecock somehow wandered into our yard. That thing was NOT in a good mood. It was injured. If I remember correctly, my mother managed to get it into a cardboard box and we took it to a farm friend.

I'm close to being tongue in cheek with this comment I'm about to make. So, don't take me too seriously. Or freak out, cause I have to bother with working (bah!). But you know, cockfighting has high rates of murder, high rates of drug involvement. Not to mention people have been known to bet cars on the outcomes of fights. :)

I remember when I was a kid a gamecock somehow wandered into our yard. That thing was NOT in a good mood. It was injured. If I remember correctly, my mother managed to get it into a cardboard box and we took it to a farm friend.

Wonder what happened to that angry fowl? He end up for supper? Really tongue in cheek here &#65533;&#65533;

I have been following these threads for several weeks now; you guys are great and have totally changed my opinion/theory of what happened 100 times!! Please forgive me if it has been discussed but how many kids did CRSr and DR have? Are we allowed to ask this? I was looking on their FB pages and thanks to your tips last night-I signed in on my computer, rather than use my phone and I was able to actually see their FB page, posts and friends. DR commented regularly on CRjr, HR and FR FB posts- always saying I love you, be safe, etc. The siblings posted similar things like that on each other’s pictures and status’. They seemed like they were close and genuinely loved each other. There were also pictures of them together and with their niece/nephews which made me wonder if there were any other siblings? Please delete if this is not allowed. Just curious. Thank you in advance!!

I have been following these threads for several weeks now; you guys are great and have totally changed my opinion/theory of what happened 100 times!! Please forgive me if it has been discussed but how many kids did CRSr and DR have? Are we allowed to ask this? I was looking on their FB pages and thanks to your tips last night-I signed in on my computer, rather than use my phone and I was able to actually see their FB page, posts and friends. DR commented regularly on CRjr, HR and FR FB posts- always saying I love you, be safe, etc. The siblings posted similar things like that on each other’s pictures and status’. They seemed like they were close and genuinely loved each other. There were also pictures of them together and with their niece/nephews which made me wonder if there were any other siblings? Please delete if this is not allowed. Just curious. Thank you in advance!!

CR2, FR, and HMR are CR1 and DR's only children. This entire family unit was wiped out.

Thank you OG- I thought that was the case but was not sure. I have read some conflicting things that mentioned something about another brother that was not harmed so I wasn't sure what was accurate.

100% agree with majority of this. Hope you don't mind if I jump on your bandwagon. I think JJ set the whole thing up. But I think that he had an Insider to help. I think he either blackmailed or manipulated this person into helping "rob" the family. I think JJ had ulterior motives to begin with. And plan to take the entire family out the whole time. After the job was finished he took out the only person that could be a witness who also happened to be an accomplice. I think the money left at the scene was a Fu/thanks for the help type of thing. Also why he was only shot once if true.

Wow! That definitely puts a spin on it that I hadn't considered... thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reconman