OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
you may certainly dismiss the JJ problem and, by all means don't put and/or take him off your list. For me, the rest of your post only firms my suspicions. Excepting one sentence. The possible steroid, the moon-face stuff does not distract at all from the JJ theory. Also, nice to remember, theories are not always or even usually mutually exclusive.

There is, as I mentioned a few threads ago, a very vague connection between JJ and the Rhodens, through his police partner in crime when R. Rooker was shot, TD. That, of course, requires JJ and TD to be more than work acquaintances who happened to kill a guy together. I wouldn't read too much into that, though. But I think JJ could fit the profile for a couple of scenarios, alone, or with one accomplice. Steroides makes it even more plausible, and looking at the pictures of the guy before and now confirms that imo. So I would keep him on my (long) list until someone convinces me otherwise. :)

I have a question. Would it be appropriate for a police officer to be facebook friends with a criminal? I noticed DR is friends with a major at the PC sheriffs office. But I guess you befriend as many as you can being a cop.

Edit: I was going towards DR not being a criminal since she had a cop friend. :)

No. The reason JJ is not in jail is that with the assistance of the union, he was bailed out of jail for two very bad things he did and was indicted for by a grand jury. That does not eliminate him as a suspect in others crimes that LE is (apparently) still collecting an/or analyzing evidence on. I have read the article to which you refer, somewhat knowingly. Reader, and most other police chiefs/sheriffs, etc. find themselves having to capitulate to the police unions. For a detailed account, look up and read about Chief Gregg Allen of the Austin, Texas police department. He's fired officers only to have had to turn around and put them back on the force.
My point was this. I think (JMO) if there was anyway that the Sheriff could have JJ in jail then he would be in jail. Part of this is his comments...one of which he says "He will never work in this department again". He's also made comments that he would never receive another paycheck. I just think this would be an easy way for the Sheriff to "get rid of him once and for all" if he could.

Can we make an effort to dismiss the J.J.problem...To me he would be the last personality on my list
of suspects...The theory of moon face and steroids is getting my attention..Why? I Am in a jurisdiction
question.. This is a major piece of evidence to me..The killer wants to use his superior like impulses
to clean up his undesirables who stands to corrupt everyone around him.So,and I say "IF". he lives
in the same jurisdiction as his victims ,,we are making progress.B.U.T., if the A.G..is in Waverly getting
all evidence together and the evidence is stored in Pikton, it looks like the fox is set there guarding
"THE HEN HOUSE",,who can prevent the fox from tampering or altering the evidence? And they know all of this...
Getting hot..

jurisdiction

The evidence is stored in Waverly.

Ray, thank you for your posts. They are a great contribution.
I am a little confused by your placing importance on jurisdiction. Can you elaborate?
This area of Ohio is unusual in that 3 counties are easily involved. And more. A major corridor leads North to
the Chilicothe and Columbus area, and to the South is an equally easy/quick trip to Kentucky and even West Va.
Am I misunderstanding your use of jurisdiction? Thanks.

Ok,sorry about the disruption ..The first serial killer can be read about by checking Google .."Atlanta Missing and
Murdered. Children,""..The second was,"Mary Shotwell Little And Diane Shields,"
I want to congratulate all websleuth bloggers that I have been following .(all two hundred or so) Your experiences
and knowledge of Pike. County served,up to this point, to verify my suspicions..Your descriptions of the area,
Your description of the area lifestyle and attitudes of people in that area made for very pleasant reading..I am going
to sound like a novice to you, but don't be fooled..The rule dictates that when you talk to a serial killer or listen
to him, do not concentrate on what he says, but what he does not say. The deep seated killer impulses are hidden
to a point, but when he talks his sub-conscious thoughts reveal some ideas he did not intend to appear.
Does the L.E. have the same conclusion I have? You bet....if I presented a quizz on the I.D. of the serial killer,
would you reach the same conclusion that I have? My assumption, here goes. Home town boy, hates Pike
County lifestyles as such,has a family ,,,straight-laced to a fault.,motives,, eliminating citizens who corrupt
his environment ..(future of his family).. Born in the county,Raised in the county,. Knows about everybody in
the county and is known by a majority of the citizens..Nice guy,Calculating,no remorse and evil...
One last note,forget everything,roosters,cars,family disputes,this is a case where the killer has a feeling
that it is his responsibility to clean up this Pike County mess. If his wife would talk, she would verify my
assumptions J.M.0. Stay tuned.
Children

In your opinion, why were the children left alive?

Same here. I also have never been able to look at Hannah Gilley's April 21st post everything on her page is 2015 and prior. At least on my end.

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

If it's allowed I can send you screenshots in private message, I am able to view it.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/27/Piketon-death-certificates.html

"Christopher Rhoden Sr. was the only one of the eight who was shot somewhere other than the head."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of the others — Hanna Rhoden, Dana Rhoden, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden, Christopher Rhoden Jr., Gary Rhoden and Hannah Gilley — each were shot multiple times in the head.

Execution.

Possible the shooter(s) got the drop on everyone but CR1.

Good to have some new information to consider.

me too please the coroners report seems helpful also. But with the described screen he may have fought back verbally or physically. Do they show an accually diagram somewhere

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/27/Piketon-death-certificates.html

"Christopher Rhoden Sr. was the only one of the eight who was shot somewhere other than the head."

To me this is crazy overkill, I don't think it's very logical to shoot someone multiple times in the head. What is the reasoning? One who is asleep would die instantly with most likely 1 shot to the head definitely no more than 2. So why all the extra? In addition if all these people were shot that many times it had to have been a small caliber in order for some if not all of their funerals to be open casket.

Execution.

Possible the shooter(s) got the drop on everyone but CR1.

Good to have some new information to consider.

Confirmation that KR was the person with a single gunshot wound:

Kenneth Rhoden, his brother and the only one of those killed who didn't live on Union Hill Road, was the only one of the eight who died of a single gunshot wound in the head, according to the coroner.

I would first like to say thank you to everyone who replied to my wall of text! It does the heart good to see people so forgiving of something that many people condemn to the end of the world and back. I wish everyone was as forgiving...though I know there are a heck of a lot of things done by addicts that don't quite meet that mark...which, I suppose, may or may not be the case with the Rhoden Family and Hannah Gilley.

I know some of you Veteran Sleuthers are more experienced in these kinds of matters, so I thought I would ask....have you ever come across a case like this where LE has held just about every stitch of evidence/motive/suspects/crime scene details so close to their chests like this? I have looked into several different things, like Casey Anthony, OJ Simpson, and it seems like a lot of these kinds of details are released to the public. I mean, I understand certain details being kept sealed until the trial...but all we have here is a few quotes from the AG and Sheriff, some interviews from folks who found the bodies that are, at best, questionable (in both memory and the reporting of it), rumor and a boatload of speculation. It's crazy!
I have seen them hold evidence close to thier vest in both the Travis Alexander case and Dr. Sievers. In both cases they knew exactly who thier POIs were. IIRC IN Travis's case I believe it was one month till she was arrested, and then only because it looked like she was going to flee. In Dr. Sievers case the first two suspects were a bit longer than that. One was arrested on an outstanding federal probation and not arrested till six months later when his federal parole violation was done. We knew about his connection because at the same turnover was arrested for murder of Dr. Sievers. While the sherriff kept hinting at other arrests there was no other suspects named. Then about seven months later the second suspect plead guilty of reduced charges. It was then that he named Dr. Sievers as the third person involved in the murder. This one is still an on going case with none of the trials happening yet. In both of the cases they kept almost (not all) of the evidence quiet.
It takes time to make sure they have everything in order to make the charges stick. Also, in both of those cases it was one murder. In this case it is eight murders and four crime scenes. A lot more to sift through. IMO

I wonder how long it'll take to get the toxicology reports back?

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk
I think in most cases they always say 6 weeks, but I've always assumed it was quicker. I'd guess that they have most "everything" back from the labs by now.

Wow. So that indeed makes me think CR1 was the main target and they tried to get him to talk first. And considering that means others had multiple shots to the head. That is vicious and does lend more to pros?

Still could be rage or making a point or example of him, either one...

I've kinda always felt CR1 was the target. I've never been convinced CRjr was. The fact that everyone else was shot in the head does goes back to execution style. At one point there was speculation that maybe it was not execution style and maybe everyone wasn't shot in the head.. This confirms they all were.. And some multiple times which seems crazy that only KR had the single wound. Why did CRjr, FR, HG, and HR, need to be shot more than once in the head.. Some in bed with their babies.. Not any better DR was, but more so speaking on them as being teenagers and young adults. It's all terrible. No matter what. I guess it's a sliver more of information than what we had.. Interesting the TOD's are being based on time being found - looks like they were all found close together, I know we questioned how soon DR's house was entered, obviously very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member