OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caught that, huh? lol

Couldn't miss it. Too good to pass up. :)

I saw a screaming headline just a few years ago:

Major marijuana grower busted!

Seven plants.

Outdoors.

In August.

Major.

Rural north central Texas.

We've got some major catching up to do. :/

With circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was....

O/T
And, to rsd1200

Way too early in the am to be laughing so hard!
Saw AG in Middletown Ohio last year. What a performance!

"So we'll wait till it comes around again, and this time with four part harmony and feeling.."

http://www.growopsolutions.ca/detection.html

I was told this early on in the case and finally found an article to support it. The reason for all the tarps on the roofs I didn't think those trailers had that many leaks! Maybe the reason for no windows in CR1s trailer as well

This is why I think that 200 plants may not be an over exaggeration, nor an under exaggeration. It just depends on the specific person's idea of size, scope, and value. I've found that LE tends to exaggerate at times. We don't know how many Dewine's even seen. He didn't even know what a game *advertiser censored* was. If there are/were 200 plants I think we'll see 8 x 10 glossies of said plants w/the LEOs holding them, and / or taking apart the sophisticated grow op equipment, b/c it will be just too much of a find not to do so. The link below is reads, "Police say they have eliminated one of the largest and most sophisticated marijuana-growing operations in the city's history." It was a bust this past summer in New Philadelphia, Ohio and there were 18 plants.

http://www.timesreporter.com/article/20150826/NEWS/150829483
Also from the link: Willett said police also recovered more than 186 root balls – pots containing portions of marijuana plants left over after marijuana was harvested.
It does help me to understand though that 200 plants can be considered a large grow operation to LE.

It just occurred to me that with CR1 and his immediate family being the ones with multiple gsw's to the head, could it have been to disfigure them?

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

So many interesting and intriguing theories! May I offer another idea to muddy the waters? There are criminal types that specialize in targeting other criminal types. They pay attention and watch and listen. They are not outsiders and have intimate knowledge of what is going on in the criminal underworld and who the players are. Like Mr. Sutton said, "Because that is where the money is." They operate often by home invasion, having done their intel and planning beforehand. A small, tight few, probably with history doing time together in prison. Even criminals fear them. Rhoden had $30Gs for a down payment on a house? That is pretty big for anyone to have around. If there is money, it cant be put in a bank. We have speculated that there may have been potential for generating income. The infrastructure for any sophisticated grow operation is not cheap, and how many were there? Two or three I think. There is often substantial initial investment. Etc. etc. No need for psychopathic serial killers and mass murders and rogue LE. Just a few hard core, experienced and ruthless criminal types. And I think the Rhodens knew them from their various enterprises, thus the necessity of leaving no witnesses to ID. Just silly food for thought..

This is along the lines of how I've been thinking. An "In Cold Blood" situation but a few degrees closer. Someone(s) close enough to know the Rhodens had cash but not specifically where it was stashed. I keep picturing CS1 being pressed for the information as his family is taken down one by one and before the grandchildren are hit he breaks and gives Kenneth's location away. It was remote and perps may not have known about it or where to find it. They find the money at Kenneth's and make a quick kill and get away because of day break, time passing and discovery on the horizon. I think that CS1 was a family man and would have chosen his family over turning over cash or a location so maybe there was another aspect as well, like fear of dirty LE, mafia, etc.

After reading my post, I realize that CS1 would be a shallow man to be more loyal to the money than his family members. I think he loved his family and was loyal to them but maybe there is another aspect added (not replaced) linked to his fear of LE, Kingpens, etc.
This is along the lines of how I've been thinking. An "In Cold Blood" situation but a few degrees closer. Someone(s) close enough to know the Rhodens had cash but not specifically where it was stashed. I keep picturing CS1 being pressed for the information as his family is taken down one by one and before the grandchildren are hit he breaks and gives Kevin's location away. It was remote and perps may not have known about it or where to find it. They find the money at Kevin's and make a quick kill and get away because of day break, time passing and discovery on the horizon.

Kevin? Are you meaning Kenneth ?

After reading my post, I realize that CS1 would be a shallow man to be more loyal to the money than his family members. I think he loved his family and was loyal to them but maybe there is another aspect added (not replaced) linked to his fear of LE, Kingpens, etc.
This is along the lines of how I've been thinking. An "In Cold Blood" situation but a few degrees closer. Someone(s) close enough to know the Rhodens had cash but not specifically where it was stashed. I keep picturing CS1 being pressed for the information as his family is taken down one by one and before the grandchildren are hit he breaks and gives Kevin's location away. It was remote and perps may not have known about it or where to find it. They find the money at Kevin's and make a quick kill and get away because of day break, time passing and discovery on the horizon.

Who the hell is Kevin? I'm a little behind and skipped ahead from page 45.

What I mean is, for all intents and purposes, most people, do not move their exes into homes that they purchase, unless they plan to be there too. Most folks just aren't that generous to plunk down $30g cash and another $30g mortgage just so their ex can move a mile and a half up the road from them. At times when things were "complicated" he probably slept at the 4077 address, but when things were not "complicated", I'd say he was right there in that house w/DR and their kids. She called him the love of her life. If they've got an illegal grow op, and have three children together, I just don't see any morality issues w/getting the union legalized again before they slept under the same roof. CR1 was just not taking any chances that he'd have to split anything w/DR if things got a little too complicated.

I would agree with you on buying the house for his ex- if not for the thinking they had reconciled. Also, I believe CR1 took care of his family, and the purchase of the additional trailer was also for his two children and two grandchildren.

And as for a $30,000 mortgage, even assuming CR1 had crappy terms, it's still only about $225 a month. I know it's all relative but it seems DR was making about that much for every car she sold.

I'm looking at the large down payment and just wondering if folks got wind of that, plus, things like the kid running his mouth to whoever about riding with CS1 to get junk cars, like he could just get whatever money he needed whenever he needed. So maybe robbery was part of the motive and it was someone the family all knew, who was really pissed at them. REALLY pissed.

I think it was by people professionally trained as a background. They came in shot them multiple times with shots to the head. LM said there was a blood trail, seems like the killers wanted them found in the bedroom. Is that a callsign they want to keep, victims found in bedroom? Why else would they be dragged into the bedroom?

DR was found in the living room floor, from what I can understand, so why wasn't she put in her bedroom? Did killers have more than one group that went to the homes at the same time? They just came in with shots to her head, and took out the other two before they could get out of bed, or call for help, so two or more people had to have done this, JMO. They got the dogs out, or they waited till the dogs were let out for a potty break. I'm sure they'd been watching and knew the normal habits at night since they'd been planning it.

They covered themselves, took what evidence not get caught. I can only assume that's cameras, maybe phones and laptops, or computer harddrives. If they didn't take those electronics that means they had no contact with the victims via phone or internet. There's not a fingerprint, fiber, or hair to ID one person?

Candy Newsome as shot in the back of her head in bed, her teen daughter in the back of the head as she was trying to run. I think maybe she was going to open the door, maybe that's what Dana was doing, also.

BBM. I think we've been assuming from a comment about her brother seeing her "legs" that she was in the living room. I'm wondering if we all (myself included) assumed living room. If she had a split bedroom plan her bedroom could have been to the right off the living room.

CR1 had a bank account, in an interview view with cr2's friend he stated that they use to got to the bank so CR1 can get enough to buy a couple cars at the auction.

Even with awful credit, 50% down would probably satisfy most lenders. And he may have offered some of his existing properties as collateral.

I'm confused why LE and MSM are calling this such a large marijuana grow operation if it was only 200 plants. Sure, that's more than for home use, but it really isn't that much. There was a bust in Virginia last summer that seized 30,000 plants. It seems every year there is a story in Kentucky or West Virginia where whole fields of it are burned.

I'm confused why LE and MSM are calling this such a large marijuana grow operation if it was only 200 plants. Sure, that's more than for home use, but it really isn't that much. There was a bust in Virginia last summer that seized 30,000 plants. It seems every year there is a story in Kentucky or West Virginia where whole fields of it are burned.
Agreed. 200 plants will grow you about 15 pounds, give or take. That's definitely more than personal use, but it is probably enough to supply the 8 victims for an entire year. That's baby amounts of weed in comparison to drug cartels.

Can someone post the media thread link. Please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members