OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Punishment" or "making a statement" is a very real possibility and whether that was done purposefully (as the primary motive) or just as a result of the murders in general, we can't really know. Sometimes I like to list the bottom line... WHAT was actually accomplished by these murders? What was the actual, provable result of these 8 people being killed? It's a long list of answers when most of the details are kept from the public but here are some of them:
1) All surviving family members have been hurt and are fearful, broken hearted, suspicious, even of each other (guessing) and some faced with incredible expenses due to burials... land ownership will have to be reestablished through legalities... child custody will have to be reestablished through legalities

2) I caution people to make sure they are signed in when posting because, during your writing of a comment, you can lose your "on line status" unknowingly and then lose everything you wrote except for the first few sentences which you can retrieve by "auto save." I have no intention of re-typing the rest of the comment I originally had here (lucky you's!) But, it is aggravating to say the least. Before hitting "send" double check your online status. Or, copy what you have written before attempting to post which I usually do...

normally I would just send you a pm with this info so as not to distract from the thread. But we have a lot of newer members following this case so I think it may be helpful to others as well.

We've all been there done that with typing this really long, well thought out post complete with supporting links and then hit send and BAM :gaah::tantrum: It's all gone!!????

TRY THIS

When first logging in, right beneath the box you type your username into you will see a tiny box with the words "remember me" right next to it. Check that box before typing in your password. You will not be timed offline or logged off until you purposefully do so by clicking log off.

I haven't read every single page, but I've read 90% of this thread since day one.

Someone took out CRsr and his family. I believe to hurt, or send a message to someone. Who's left??? Who was the killers trying to get at. You surely wouldn't kill the person that you were trying to hurt or send a message to, right??? If you take out an entire family you're pissed and want to prove a point, MOO. So you would leave someone to suffer the pain.

I have bounced around from one theory to another but I always end up coming back to the CI theory. What if CR1 was a CI and KR accidentally let it slip to the wrong person? This would send a message to anyone considering to snitch and also a warning to LE. If this is what happened, I still think a cruel message/warning was left for LE in those trailers and that's one of the reasons they were seized and are now guarded in LE's possession.

Another question I have. If there was so much weed on all these properties, how did police remove it all? Some in trays and some reportedly already planted... didn't see any news of smoke in the sky. I'm sure they have to hang onto it for possible comparisons to other crimes though. How much could there have been when it seems it must have been brought out in police vehicles? Just nosy is all.

I have bounced around from one theory to another but I always end up coming back to the CI theory. What if CR1 was a CI and KR accidentally let it slip to the wrong person? This would send a message to anyone considering to snitch and also a warning to LE. If this is what happened, I still think a cruel message/warning was left for LE in those trailers and that's one of the reasons they were seized and are now guarded in LE's possession.

Good point. This might explain the early-on enthusiasm of Charles Reader and AG Dewine as to their statements that these murders would be solved. If they already knew who Chris was keeping an eye on, they would assume they already knew who had killed everyone, I should think. Meanwhile, Charles Reader's statement in the church to family that he (paraphrased) "thought someone inside the church knew who committed the murders" would not be negated by that theory either. It so easily could be that "weed" is worth letting go by if the flow of more serious drugs can be stopped and it would seem to be a pretty good trade off for a police dept imo. OR, maybe more likely and specifically, whoever Chris was selling his weed to was into the more dangerous drugs and, there again, "Let the weed go to get to the big guys." BTW... Tillicum, I happen to like your comments especially. Maybe for the wrong reasons but... because I end up agreeing with almost everything of what you say!

Good point. This might explain the early-on enthusiasm of Charles Reader and AG Dewine as to their statements that these murders would be solved. If they already knew who Chris was keeping an eye on, they would assume they already knew who had killed everyone, I should think. Meanwhile, Charles Reader's statement in the church to family that he (paraphrased) "thought someone inside the church knew who committed the murders" would not be negated by that theory either. It so easily could be that "weed" is worth letting go by if the flow of more serious drugs can be stopped and it would seem to be a pretty good trade off for a police dept imo. OR, maybe more likely and specifically, whoever Chris was selling his weed to was into the more dangerous drugs and, there again, "Let the weed go to get to the big guys." BTW... Tillicum, I happen to like your comments especially. Maybe for the wrong reasons but... because I end up agreeing with almost everything of what you say!

This is from January but notice the various counties involved, the same ones who immediately went to Pike County's aid when the murder victims were found. Also includes Mike DeWine. I honestly think the message was to all of them, they are very serious about cleaning up the drugs in the area IMO. https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1132137106821185&id=148200388548200

Mods this is an LE facebook, please delete if not allowed.

Nearly 800 people, representing sheriff’s offices, police departments, emergency service groups, treatment providers, state and federal agencies, and more attended the meeting to learn about “innovative programs and ideas that are working and resources that are available.” Topics discussed included Naloxone (a drug used to revive overdose victims), addiction in jails, addressing detox, partnerships, drug task forces, investigative tools, and BCI crime scene training.

that link is allowed. MSM covering this case has made reference to the stance and actions of Pike and surrounding counties in regards to the increased drug activity in the area. the Rhodens had grow ops. The local law enforcement challenges in dealing with that sort of activity is fair game.

Remove this last sentence if against TOS but I have not seen this sort of SM removed since I am not naming anyone at all but:
"You don't have to make too many jumps from one "friendly and close to the victims" FB page to another and maybe to another... to come up with some people I would have NO desire to ever meet or cross in any way."

That last sentence is so very true. (Great post, btw, but snipped for brevity.)

This is from January but notice the various counties involved, the same ones who immediately went to Pike County's aid when the murder victims were found. Also includes Mike DeWine. I honestly think the message was to all of them, they are very serious about cleaning up the drugs in the area IMO. https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1132137106821185&id=148200388548200

Mods this is an LE facebook, please delete if not allowed.

Actually, what you have posted is the most compelling example of cause and effect I've seen so far. That's what I've been looking for but badly missed ... something that would push someone(s) hard enough to massacre 8 people and imo, this would. This motive has been discussed before but I couldn't see the connections as clearly as this FB page illustrates. Some people out there are seeing their "way of life" threatened on a large scale. Short of entering a police station and killing LE, a hidden agent(s) would be the next best thing... even the necessary thing to them. I actually hope this is the answer because that will mean LE efforts will never be stopped to arrest and convict just as Dewine and Reader keep saying. They would want them ALL from top to bottom. I never bought "cartel" and still don't but I will buy a group who think they're every bit as big and bad and who's domination of the area I am going to enjoy seeing smashed. I believe arrests are coming and the delay is for the reason LE states; that convictions and justice is the ultimate goal in this case. There are so many reasons to battle the drug problems in our country from OD's to increased crime to disease spread by drug sharing and more. I saw this article while reading others on links here at WS: http://www.highlandcountypress.com/...ible-HIV-epidemic-in-southern-Ohio/2/20/30181

Another question I have. If there was so much weed on all these properties, how did police remove it all? Some in trays and some reportedly already planted... didn't see any news of smoke in the sky. I'm sure they have to hang onto it for possible comparisons to other crimes though. How much could there have been when it seems it must have been brought out in police vehicles? Just nosy is all.

I have asked that same question. We've not seen any pics/video of the LE packing out trays, plants, burning, taking pics of, the plants at all. They always love to get that, and the inside of a "sophisticated" grow op, in pics too. Helicopters were overhead and not one plant was in sight. I believe there may have been some pot but I don't believe the pot was ginormous plants or as sophisticated operation as they're saying. One person's determination of sophisticated may be another's jury-rigged operation. The AG didn't even know those were game *advertiser censored* on the property so I'm not putting much stock in his mj knowledge.

I'm curious, seeing a previous post about the possibility of the suspect being one of the deceased....how they rule out suicide with one gunshot wound.......? Also I've had the unfortunate privy of familiarity with a grower. IMO if pot was the reason it would only be a turf war, and if so, more would be missing....cloning machines etc. For use... and because it's really not cheap..... So I really don't think it had one iota to do with the grow. IMO

I'm curious, seeing a previous post about the possibility of the suspect being one of the deceased....how they rule out suicide with one gunshot wound.......? Also I've had the unfortunate privy of familiarity with a grower. IMO if pot was the reason it would only be a turf war, and if so, more would be missing....cloning machines etc. For use... and because it's really not cheap..... So I really don't think it had one iota to do with the grow. IMO

BBM
I'm guessing they would be able to tell from the angle the bullet went in, and they would also check for GSR (gunshot residue) on the person's hands to see if they had fired a weapon recently.

There are several factors that could be used to rule out suicide of a suspect like the location of the wound, lack of GSR on the hands, time of death in relation to the other murders, amount of stippling around the wound,etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like it or not, the possibility that a cartel is behind the murders is not far-fetched at all: http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...els-have-used-pike-county-pot-grows/83503020/ The fact that these murders were performed execution-style possibly indicates that the killers (or those who sent them?) wanted to intimidate (i.e., send a message to) anyone who might "cross" them. Of the possible explanations for the killings, this one seems more viable than many of the others, IMO.

I have asked that same question. We've not seen any pics/video of the LE packing out trays, plants, burning, taking pics of, the plants at all. They always love to get that, and the inside of a "sophisticated" grow op, in pics too. Helicopters were overhead and not one plant was in sight. I believe there may have been some pot but I don't believe the pot was ginormous plants or as sophisticated operation as they're saying. One person's determination of sophisticated may be another's jury-rigged operation. The AG didn't even know those were game *advertiser censored* on the property so I'm not putting much stock in his mj knowledge.

Maybe "dumb like a fox" though. If certain people think they're dealing with a bunch of dummy investigators who don't know a sophisticated grow from a tomato patch, they might assume it's safe to come out and play big games again. One thing I have read about FBI consulting is that they will often tell LE exactly what to say and how much and what to reveal to the public. If that's what's going on here, it wouldn't be the first time LE has been instructed to swallow pride, for now, and act like they don't know ***** from shinola. At least we can hope.

I hope I'm not being insensitive , but their was no news coverage of bodies being removed or anything. By the time I was watching the news all they showed was blocked off roads and police all over the place. There's usually more on-the-scene coverage than that.

Like it or not, the possibility that a cartel is behind the murders is not far-fetched at all: http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...els-have-used-pike-county-pot-grows/83503020/ The fact that these murders were performed execution-style possibly indicates that the killers (or those who sent them?) wanted to intimidate (i.e., send a message to) anyone who might "cross" them. Of the possible explanations for the killings, this one seems more viable than many of the others, IMO.

It's always a possibility but I'm not sure Chris Rhoden would have been running a large enough operation to become a target for the cartel. Even the cartel has to pick and choose according to threat level before making such a huge "nationwide-news, world-wide news stink" as these murders are... and I just don't see the Rhodens as being so big they were squeezing the cartel out of the market or worth the news exposure that was sure to result. I also admit I know nothing about the cartel or weed farms/grows, whatever, so my guess is based on being just that... a guess.

Certainly possible , but not probable IMO.
The grow ops seem really small scale if just in the hundreds of plants. For the most part, the cartels are further up the supply chain and probably wouldn't mess with a small time grower. CRsr probably would have been dealing with a more local group such as Iron Horsemen MC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member