OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“We are not a bunch of rednecks like the media is making us out to be. We care for each other, and we wanted to organize an event to show that,” he said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news.../ohio-massacre-investigation-reaps-few-clues/

I really feel for the community. This horror was visited upon them and there is no resolution, no closure, and here they sit, a small rural community, many of its members struggling to get by day to day under the national spotlight and judgment and speculation from people around the world.

I do too. I spent years in West Virginia and when I tell people? Without fail the jokes and judgment come out. Their attitude changes immediately and I can see it on their faces.

BBM

If I remember correctly to win the Derby...it's the same rooster that wins every round.... not different roosters. I could be remembering wrong of course.

I meant that in the general sense that you don't need 100 gamecocks to be fighting them. My whole post was full of errors, LOL.

Hi there everyone, this is my first post.
In response to TOD listed on a certificate. I just checked my moms. She was murdered we believe 12-23 around 7am. Her death certificate states 2:56pm, 12-24... And if I recall correctly this was when the coroner arrived. So I think maybe TOD could differ depending on county that records.

I agree with those who do not believe BJM had no part or evil intentions in this horrible crime. My sister happened to find my mother murdered. She phoned most of our siblings after her initial 911 call. I actually arrived before most of the first responders. I just remember being in a situation horrific like this and the actions of my family, myself, and LE.
However I do believe that if by chance, BJM was aware of any money stashed, I am 100% confident IMO she was aware of the grow and probably helped with some of the teadious tasks, that she may have tried to recover it or some of it before LE arrived.

Wow, I am so sorry.

I do too. I spent years in West Virginia and when I tell people? Without fail the jokes and judgment come out. Their attitude changes immediately and I can see it on their faces.

I've traveled quite a bit within the lower 48 and I can honestly say that up until the last few years I was met more-so w/curiosity about where I was from than jokes/judgement. This has changed in the last few years. For the most part folks are still nice but I've run into many more judgmental, prejudiced, views of folks toward us, in these last few years than in all of my other years of travel combined. You can see it in their eyes if they don't voice it and the jokes are not appreciated.

I have been following this story from day one ,first time posting. I can not wrap my brain around the depth of this crime.I keep flipping around on the who and why . The drugs could be a factor,but I cant see it being the entire reason . I have considered the cars ,on one hand if you are running a illegal operation the more derivable cars you have the less chance you have of being seen in the same car on every delivery, but on the other hand . Its very easy to pick up a non running car for a few hundred , put a little cash into it and flip it for a nice profit.The pictures posted / shown by the media show 2 car haulers and a tow truck, the different heights in the garage roofs could be because of having a car lift very handy for derby work and car fixing . Here is my questions who stood to gain the most from this entire family being killed ,whether it be gain as in land ,homes ,insurance money ( we dont know if there is or isnt any ) or even who stood to gain from seeking custody of the children ? Is it possible CR1 was not the target ...maybe DR was . Did someone want her to suffer by losing all of her family and then decide last minute to kill her too . Was someone so jealous and wanted her relationship , home and family ...the killer or person couldnt have it ,therefore killed them all out of rage and jealousy . Another thought were these killing a means of silencing another family member who may have knew or saw to much previously ? Hurt and scare the family or family member enough to where they will never talk about what they know , or they will face the same outcome .... IDK ,just some random thoughts

I have been following this story from day one ,first time posting. I can not wrap my brain around the depth of this crime.I keep flipping around on the who and why . The drugs could be a factor,but I cant see it being the entire reason . I have considered the cars ,on one hand if you are running a illegal operation the more derivable cars you have the less chance you have of being seen in the same car on every delivery, but on the other hand . Its very easy to pick up a non running car for a few hundred , put a little cash into it and flip it for a nice profit.The pictures posted / shown by the media show 2 car haulers and a tow truck, the different heights in the garage roofs could be because of having a car lift very handy for derby work and car fixing . Here is my questions who stood to gain the most from this entire family being killed ,whether it be gain as in land ,homes ,insurance money ( we dont know if there is or isnt any ) or even who stood to gain from seeking custody of the children ? Is it possible CR1 was not the target ...maybe DR was . Did someone want her to suffer by losing all of her family and then decide last minute to kill her too . Was someone so jealous and wanted her relationship , home and family ...the killer or person couldnt have it ,therefore killed them all out of rage and jealousy . Another thought were these killing a means of silencing another family member who may have knew or saw to much previously ? Hurt and scare the family or family member enough to where they will never talk about what they know , or they will face the same outcome .... IDK ,just some random thoughts

Welcome!! What an excellent first post!

I think the motive is mostly the last thing you mentioned. I don't think the killer(s) thought taking out a few would be enough so they took out everyone who might know anything. Like the killer(s) might have killed anyone who could be a witness. "I once saw my brother talking to ____" or "_____ came over and talked to Dad." The smaller kids can't do that.
So the people who knew were murdered, and the people who could point at (but were not directly involved with) who did it are murdered.

Maybe that's why it's taking so long to arrest someone - anyone who could help is dead.

Here is my questions who stood to gain the most from this entire family being killed ,whether it be gain as in land ,homes ,insurance money ( we dont know if there is or isnt any ) or even who stood to gain from seeking custody of the children ? Is it possible CR1 was not the target ...maybe DR was . Did someone want her to suffer by losing all of her family and then decide last minute to kill her too . Was someone so jealous and wanted her relationship , home and family ...the killer or person couldnt have it ,therefore killed them all out of rage and jealousy .

This has been my line of reasoning, but KR ruins the idea that DR was primarily the target. I think maybe the killer wanted DR's life, DR's family, but DR was not the target of the rage. CR1 was the target.

I should of also added in my earlier post that IMO I think if these murders are ever solved we will be stunned at the reasoning and as to why . I doubt we will fully ever know the why . I think the killers ,and I believe there are at least 2 and they are right there either among the family or close friends .Standing innocently by the family offering support, love and understanding,all the while knowing what they did . Someone (at least 2 ) who no one would expect or think could be capable of,nor have the skills to carry out 8 murders . Someone who perhaps loved the children to much to harm them in any way .

I've traveled quite a bit within the lower 48 and I can honestly say that up until the last few years I was met more-so w/curiosity about where I was from than jokes/judgement. This has changed in the last few years. For the most part folks are still nice but I've run into many more judgmental, prejudiced, views of folks toward us, in these last few years than in all of my other years of travel combined. You can see it in their eyes if they don't voice it and the jokes are not appreciated.

I may be in a minority, but I just can't fathom that at all. I must be completely naive. Or maybe it's because the area I live in, we have every type of person. It just doesn't occur to me that there's something so different that it needs to be judged or joked about.

Yeah, I considered the Rhoden's property a little on the messy side. But it isn't like they were my next door neighbors. What in the world are people being so judgmental about? I'm seriously going blank here.

I don't mean to pour salt in a wound, just mystified.

Thank you,I have been wanting to post for so long , lol . I was hesitant because everyone here seems so much more knowledgeable.

If it was ever posted I dont remember seeing it ( for fact ) is the DEA actively helping on this case ? Has there ever been any pictures even a tiny glimpse of this grow op ?

I have seen no photos of the plants yet, but MSM has reported that DEA is providing assistance.

I should of also added in my earlier post that IMO I think if these murders are ever solved we will be stunned at the reasoning and as to why . I doubt we will fully ever know the why . I think the killers ,and I believe there are at least 2 and they are right there either among the family or close friends .Standing innocently by the family offering support, love and understanding,all the while knowing what they did . Someone (at least 2 ) who no one would expect or think could be capable of,nor have the skills to carry out 8 murders . Someone who perhaps loved the children to much to harm them in any way .
This is my thought! They are known and present with the people that are mourning this family.
I'd course I thought I had a theory on the Bobo case and I was way off all the way around so who knows. At this point in just waiting for an arrest and some release of information. The fact that they don't seem to be asking for anything is very different to me. All we have here is silence. I just wonder how long the silence can go on. If anyone that loves these people even has a clue to what happened I would think they would start to get antsy for movement. Prayers for peace for those left behind!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Welcome!! What an excellent first post!

I think the motive is mostly the last thing you mentioned. I don't think the killer(s) thought taking out a few would be enough so they took out everyone who might know anything. Like the killer(s) might have killed anyone who could be a witness. "I once saw my brother talking to ____" or "_____ came over and talked to Dad." The smaller kids can't do that.
So the people who knew were murdered, and the people who could point at (but were not directly involved with) who did it are murdered.

Maybe that's why it's taking so long to arrest someone - anyone who could help is dead.

The only problem that I have w/that theory is that BJM should be dead w/that theory. She seemed to be more of a Rhoden than a Manley. She was there practically every day at CR1's and she also "cleaned" KR's 5th wheel. Even if she knew nothing, if I were on the outside looking in, I'd have to think that she did and would take no chances that she didn't. If I were murdering that many people, for that reason, BJM would be dead too. If they were just trying to scare BJM, for example, to keep quiet, why kill that many people? Just kill one, BJM, and be done with it.

This has been my line of reasoning, but KR ruins the idea that DR was primarily the target. I think maybe the killer wanted DR's life, DR's family, but DR was not the target of the rage. CR1 was the target.

KR ruins it for me too. I've thought that this was a direct take out of a bloodline. Vengeance. Take out CR1's entire family but, by the grace of God, they spare two infants and a toddler who they may not have even seen sleeping there in the beds. I thought maybe GR was just in the right place at the wrong time for some reason. But, KR messes that theory up, unless, KR was a part of it, and for some reason turned on his brother. So, KR and the other assailant team up and go house to house. Then, they get back to KR's camper and the other assailant kills KR, after he waits for them to settle in for the night, b/c the plan was for the assailant to stay there to be each other's alibi. KR gets into bed and the other assailant shoots him and then heads out. As I said before, those highways in the mountains are normally empty. No one would see the assailant most likely.

For the record, I'm an Appalachian American. West Virginia to be exact. The blood in my veins is as red as the Kanawha River. My family is brilliant, resourceful, kind, and loyal. We love the Lord. Were fierce when we need to be. I wouldn't have it any other way.

For the record, I'm an Appalachian American. West Virginia to be exact. The blood in my veins is as red as the Kanawha River. My family is brilliant, resourceful, kind, and loyal. We love the Lord. Were fierce when we need to be. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I love how you wrote this.

Now pass me a pepperoni roll please.

I may be in a minority, but I just can't fathom that at all. I must be completely naive. Or maybe it's because the area I live in, we have every type of person. It just doesn't occur to me that there's something so different that it needs to be judged or joked about.

Yeah, I considered the Rhoden's property a little on the messy side. But it isn't like they were my next door neighbors. What in the world are people being so judgmental about? I'm seriously going blank here.

I don't mean to pour salt in a wound, just mystified.
I won't really go into it b/c I'm afraid I may break TOS but I will say that the MSM typecasts our region.

Same here;Different state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member