OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, it's like they knew something from the get go. Also, all the "criminal" things their supposed to be involved in. Didn't they all pretty much live almost right on the road? I don't know seems to me I wouldn't have everything pretty much out in the open. Cars everywhere, roosters, barns with plants in them? It puzzles me. Most of the time the police dept wants help from the public to help solve a crime, and I know BCI has the help line. But usually they don't keep it so hush-hush. It's like they don't need any out-side help on this one whats-so-ever. Also, why is the family so quiet now. In the begining they were talking, now nothing. Have they been told something and are satisfied to just sit back and let the police handle everything now? Sorry, I am just like everyone else and have all these questions and have no where to go for the answers.
The only actual illegal thing that they are 100% known to be involved in is the mj. The plants that have been discussed are just not enough to make CR1, GR, KR, and FR, w/more than likely CR2 getting some sort of "allowance" from it, to make them wealthy at all. That county has had so many problems in the LE force too that it reinforces one of my theories that a rogue LE is involved. Also, it's not like it's a huge city. This is pretty much all that they have to work on. Prior to this the cops main focus was writing traffic tickets (from what it appears anyway). Traffic tickets do bring in cash to poor counties and Pike is considered a distressed county. I think the people are talking, but just not out in the town, and probably not freely or comfortably to LE. They probably talk a lot within their own families. If it were me, I'd have be 100% sure that I could remain anon before I'd say a single word.

Kalich just approved the bill for medical marijuana. I'm seeing this area, land as much more now. jmo

Honestly, eating them is about the only other purpose, and there's not much meat on them. It takes around three eggs to make a normal sized hen's egg and those roosters (*advertiser censored*) are pretty aggressive. Most all roosters can be aggressive (hens can be but not usually as bad) but, Gamecocks are about the most aggressive breed that there is. People who fight them cut the natural spur off and replace it with a curved knife and the *advertiser censored* usually just slice each other to bits.

This is pretty darn sick and disgusting!! Why would anybody want any part of such barbaric cruelty?

I don't think it's of any significance if someone said good job, after standing there next to bjm as she is hysterical and having to make an awful 911 call. I could almost picture the person she is with patting her on the back and saying "good job", like you would if someone gave a speech at a funeral and was crying. It must have been a horrific thing to find and a tough 911 call to explain where they are and what she was seeing.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Honestly, eating them is about the only other purpose, and there's not much meat on them. It takes around three eggs to make a normal sized hen's egg and those roosters (*advertiser censored*) are pretty aggressive. Most all roosters can be aggressive (hens can be but not usually as bad) but, Gamecocks are about the most aggressive breed that there is. People who fight them cut the natural spur off and replace it with a curved knife and the *advertiser censored* usually just slice each other to bits.
Do people eat them? Where I live we have "game chickens" in the meat section. They are much smaller but could feed 2 people with lots of sides. We usually make 1 per person. I feel silly asking especially sense we do raise meat birds but we have only raised your standard meat bird and then have our laying hens so I have no idea. TIA

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Whenever you watch Dateline, you always hear the 911 call ringing and even people talking sometimes and then the dispatch say 911 whats your emergency. I always think it is interesting that is recorded, even though dispatch has not been connected yet. So, I definitely do not think recording ends when dispatch ends. I think recording ends when the call is ended.

Working for a call center and understanding how the recordings done, once dispatch disconnects the call the recording ends. You do hear the caller when it is ringing at the beginning of the call because the caller has made contact with the dialed number, the recording starts at that moment and only ends when the line that initiated the recording disconnects the call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't hear "good job" or "please don't hurt me". I do hear something different and BJM is obviously talking to someone other than the dispatcher throughout the call. Who else was at the scene? She stated in the interview there were two other people with her. We know JM was at Dana's at about the same time, maybe a little before, maybe a little afterward, so I doubt he was at 4077 during the time of the call. BJM was not speaking to him. LE knows who these people are. I would presume they remained at the scene when LE arrived and have been interviewed.

I don't hear "good job" or "please don't hurt me". I do hear something different and BJM is obviously talking to someone other than the dispatcher throughout the call. Who else was at the scene? She stated in the interview there were two other people with her. We know JM was at Dana's at about the same time, maybe a little before, maybe a little afterward, so I doubt he was at 4077 during the time of the call. BJM was not speaking to him. LE knows who these people are. I would presume they remained at the scene when LE arrived and have been interviewed.

Ok, I looped it for a few dozen times and I think that very last bit could very well be "Good job" and it sounds like the same unintelligible voice that can be heard in the background earlier in the call. It's either female or possibly a young male. It doesn't sound to me like it was spoken by anyone at the dispatcher's side. Best case scenario, it sounds like a friend offering support to BJM for making a difficult phone call. A more sinister possibility is the killer praising BJM for "staying on script". I still don't think she says "Please don't hurt me".

From the article: "She had a friend and his wife with her when she pulled into the driveway."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/

Maybe or maybe not OT. I remember a murder case, but not specifically as to the who was killed or who did it... Anyway, a few cartridges were found at the murder scene and, of course, the bullet fragments as well but a gun was never found. Without the gun for comparison, the case went cold. Years later a new LE guy got an idea. He went to the property where his suspect used to live and, using a metal detector, was able to find old cartridges buried in the soil where the suspect used to practice shooting his guns. One cartridge out of many matched the cartridges from the murder scene and, with that, he was able to get a murder conviction. Just to show that you don't always have to have the guns used in murders.... you only need to know where someone practiced shooting a gun before using the same gun in a murder. Which is why, I suppose, murderers... who plan ahead... usually use a "new" gun and then dispose of it. However, if the murderer(s) in this case are local and follow habit, other locals might be able to guess where that disposal took place. People are all creatures of habit, after all. They go where they've been before and where they feel comfortable. Just having some random thoughts...

Do people eat them? Where I live we have "game chickens" in the meat section. They are much smaller but could feed 2 people with lots of sides. We usually make 1 per person. I feel silly asking especially sense we do raise meat birds but we have only raised your standard meat bird and then have our laying hens so I have no idea. TIA

I think you're talking about "Cornish game hens". These are small, immature hens, very tender, sold for meat. Very different from "gamecocks". Cornish hens are really not "game" chickens at all, just the name people call them. The "gameness" in gamecocks means they're bred for fighting, stamina, endurance. Wouldn't want to eat those boogers!

Maybe or maybe not OT. I remember a murder case, but not specifically as to the who was killed or who did it... Anyway, a few cartridges were found at the murder scene and, of course, the bullet fragments as well but a gun was never found. Without the gun for comparison, the case went cold. Years later a new LE guy got an idea. He went to the property where his suspect used to live and, using a metal detector, was able to find old cartridges buried in the soil where the suspect used to practice shooting his guns. One cartridge out of many matched the cartridges from the murder scene and, with that, he was able to get a murder conviction. Just to show that you don't always have to have the guns used in murders.... you only need to know where someone practiced shooting a gun before using the same gun in a murder. Which is why, I suppose, murderers... who plan ahead... usually use a "new" gun and then dispose of it. However, if the murderer(s) in this case are local and follow habit, other locals might be able to guess where that disposal took place. People are all creatures of habit, after all. They go where they've been before and where they feel comfortable. Just having some random thoughts...

Lots of good places to get rid of guns nearby. Could probably pitch it into the Ohio river and it would never be found. Also probably lots of other water in the area that would be just as effective.

Lots of good places to get rid of guns nearby. Could probably pitch it into the Ohio river and it would never be found. Also probably lots of other water in the area that would be just as effective.

I agree... but the Ohio River, close as it is, would mean having a gun or guns in my car or truck much longer than I would want to hang on to them if it were me. I wouldn't want murder weapons in my car or on my person at all if I could help it. I wonder if they ever used "scent dogs" on this case. I would hope they did but haven't heard anything about that at all. Scent dogs might have been very useful and, if they weren't used, I would have to wonder why not. There is a dirt road back behind the Union Hill homes (over near Dana's place and across the street) which runs all the way to Route 32... and who knows to where else. Of course, you might run into some early, early turkey hunters to get out of the area that way. But, in that case, you might have planned to eliminate them as well if you had to.

Can't be true (that the dispatch hung up) or you wouldn't be hearing it on the dispatcher's recording. Or maybe they hung up, and someone at the dispatcher's location said "good job" and it got recorded - but in that case it could not have been anyone at BJM's location. When dispatch hangs up the call, no more audio from that call can be recorded. JMO

Is it possible the "good job" is coming from the dispatch end of the conversation? Someone monitoring/supervising the call?
I've been thinking the same it came from dispatch side. My thought was possibly a supervisor speaking to the call taker.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

This is pretty darn sick and disgusting!! Why would anybody want any part of such barbaric cruelty?

I personally am against *advertiser censored* fighting. However, it's nothing new. It has been around since the centuries BC. The birds fight naturally and are mean little suckers. Humans just found a way to cash in on it, as usual. There can be big $$ in it and $$ is the driving force behind *advertiser censored* fighting (imo).

It's my understanding that people do eat them but they're usually not really considered "meat" birds so it's mostly a dinner for two as you said.

This is from January but notice the various counties involved, the same ones who immediately went to Pike County's aid when the murder victims were found. Also includes Mike DeWine. I honestly think the message was to all of them, they are very serious about cleaning up the drugs in the area IMO. https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1132137106821185&id=148200388548200

Mods this is an LE facebook, please delete if not allowed.

AG DeWine was going around the state meeting with LE all over during that time. He was here in the county I live in about that same time. He met with our SO, local PD, and several other surrounding counties the day he was here. They closed down the favorite diner that gets visits from presidential candidates every election for our local meeting.

One of my theories, and a few OP had been revenge for snitching. Just as an example, when some folks find out others are "snitching", it does get deadly. This guy wiped out a whole family. If the Rhoden family had gotten in a bind, and decided to snitch, to get out of that bind, and some others it would affect found out, and didn't want to go to prison for a very long time, I see it as a possibility.

http://http://murderpedia.org/male.B/b/brooks-darrell.htm

One of my theories, and a few OP had been revenge for snitching. Just as an example, when some folks find out others are "snitching", it does get deadly. This guy wiped out a whole family. If the Rhoden family had gotten in a bind, and decided to snitch, to get out of that bind, and some others it would affect found out, and didn't want to go to prison for a very long time, I see it as a possibility.

http://http://murderpedia.org/male.B/b/brooks-darrell.htm

Yep! I've always speculated revenge or they had something someone wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman