OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of good places to get rid of guns nearby. Could probably pitch it into the Ohio river and it would never be found. Also probably lots of other water in the area that would be just as effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Scioto River is very close by, too. It's on the way to US 23, the main highway for drug trafficking. Frankly, there are many ponds, ravines and other isolated areas to get rid of weapons in the area of the murders. Just dump the weapons on the way out of town.

Honestly, eating them is about the only other purpose, and there's not much meat on them. It takes around three eggs to make a normal sized hen's egg and those roosters (*advertiser censored*) are pretty aggressive. Most all roosters can be aggressive (hens can be but not usually as bad) but, Gamecocks are about the most aggressive breed that there is. People who fight them cut the natural spur off and replace it with a curved knife and the *advertiser censored* usually just slice each other to bits.
I hate to admit this, but my ex husband fought roosters. Back then, 30 years ago it was legal in several states and that is where he went. BIG MONEY. He won the Derby in Florida and won $100,000 that time. He bred his top rooster bloodlines, and some roosters sold for $50,000 or so. Anyway, game *advertiser censored* do fight to the death. They won't stop unless you stop them. With their natural spurs, it takes forever. My ex was out of town and one of his *advertiser censored* got off of his tether and started fighting with another *advertiser censored* during the night when I was asleep. It was absolutely horrible. The one rooster that was still tethered got the bad side of the beating, and his head was about the size of a lampshade. When I woke up they were still fighting. And most people do not use knife spurs (they call them slashers), most use a metal spur. The only good thing to that is that the fight is over much much faster, so in a way it's almost more humane to let the roosters use metal spurs instead of their natural ones. IMO after see how they can fight for 15 hours or more with their natural spurs. My ex didn't do slasher fighting, where the knives were used. Anyway... I absolutely wouldn't rule out the game *advertiser censored* fighting being the reason for the murders. Back when it was legal, there was a huge place in Clearwater Florida my ex went to all of time, until the owner of place went out to his car and it exploded when he opened the door. My ex said the mafia did it. I think after that it was illegal there. It was a misdemeanor here in Tennessee until a couple of years ago. Misdemeanor's didn't scare anyone off from doing it. This is just my opinion based on past knowledge of the sport and the gambling that went with it, and the amount of money involved. Keep in mind the numbers I mentioned earlier are from 25-30 years ago. That would be much more money these days.

I hate to admit this, but my ex husband fought roosters. Back then, 30 years ago it was legal in several states and that is where he went. BIG MONEY. He won the Derby in Florida and won $100,000 that time. He bred his top rooster bloodlines, and some roosters sold for $50,000 or so. Anyway, game *advertiser censored* do fight to the death. They won't stop unless you stop them. With their natural spurs, it takes forever. My ex was out of town and one of his *advertiser censored* got off of his tether and started fighting with another *advertiser censored* during the night when I was asleep. It was absolutely horrible. The one rooster that was still tethered got the bad side of the beating, and his head was about the size of a lampshade. When I woke up they were still fighting. And most people do not use knife spurs (they call them slashers), most use a metal spur. The only good thing to that is that the fight is over much much faster, so in a way it's almost more humane to let the roosters use metal spurs instead of their natural ones. IMO after see how they can fight for 15 hours or more with their natural spurs. My ex didn't do slasher fighting, where the knives were used. Anyway... I absolutely wouldn't rule out the game *advertiser censored* fighting being the reason for the murders. Back when it was legal, there was a huge place in Clearwater Florida my ex went to all of time, until the owner of place went out to his car and it exploded when he opened the door. My ex said the mafia did it. I think after that it was illegal there. It was a misdemeanor here in Tennessee until a couple of years ago. Misdemeanor's didn't scare anyone off from doing it. This is just my opinion based on past knowledge of the sport and the gambling that went with it, and the amount of money involved. Keep in mind the numbers I mentioned earlier are from 25-30 years ago. That would be much more money these days.

Barbaric.

Barbaric.

Agree.
It's cruel. I'm sure not everyone in the family was in on it but I can't imagine being close to or living with an animal abuser. I hope any rescued roosters find good homes.

Thank you for sharing that. I've been saying for quite time there is HUGE money in cockfighting. It doesn't take a whole lot of gamecocks to win a derby.

I want to acknowledge here that you stated ex husband and you've given no indication you're still involved in it. I'd hate to think anyone would judge your harshly for being honest about something in the past.

The Scioto River is very close by, too. It's on the way to US 23, the main highway for drug trafficking. Frankly, there are many ponds, ravines and other isolated areas to get rid of weapons in the area of the murders. Just dump the weapons on the way out of town.

It's awful to say but, the homes were very bloody and at least Chris and Gary were, too... and Frankie's bedroom as well. How could the killer(s) not be bloody, too? How could they take the chance of driving around with guns in the car? Even if they COULD get away with it, if lucky, I'm assuming they took precautions to not have to take that chance of luck alone. They must have taken precautions if this was "well planned." Seems they must have protected themselves in some way with disposable clothing, shoe covers, gloves, head covers and plastic covers on their car seats and floor, too. At the very least, I think Kenneth was killed separately by another killer to prevent having to drive that distance with blood and guns in the car. I think the killer(s) must have had a prepared dump site close by to the murder scenes that didn't require driving any distance from Union Hill Road. They could have dug a deep hole in the woods ahead of time or known of a swampy area or pond back in there somewhere. (Extensive network of path ways and trails across from Dana's house off Shanks Road/Google earth is one guess) Under protective clothing they could have worn typical "turkey shoot" clothing and then they're "hiding in plain sight." Maybe left some hunting rifles ahead of time to really look like authentic "turkey shooters" if seen. (Very convenient to have turkey hunting season begin that day.... ) Bury the guns, clothing, plastic coverings for car seats, etc... and become turkey hunters driving to their favorite hunting spot... just like that. ...Or, to Kenneth's house.

Barbaric.

I agree. It's barbaric. And just for the record, I have been a safe haven for years for horses. Rescues that don't have resources or room bring horses to me. I was 18 when we were married. Not excusing it, but game *advertiser censored* naturally fight. It's not like fighting pit bulls where they are trained to fight. Game roosters just do it. I wasn't involved with doing it.... I went to one fight that was here in Murfreesboro, and of course the place was raided the night I went. They Mayor was there too. It WAS a huge thing here back then and I assume it still is because I see tons of teepee's and roosters all over. I don't know if the money is still huge purse now that it's illegal.... my ex always went to states it was legal I assume because purse was bigger where it's illegal.

Ok I am googling... and found this article (can't find the year article published) where it states that it is still legal in Louisanna, New Mexico and Oklahoma and it is a billion dollar a year industry, just in those three states.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=131142&page=1

Here is an article on this in Tennessee from April 2015. Apparently it's thriving here. Big Money.

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Loc...-lawmakers-continue-to-protect-cockfighting-1

Thank you so much for sharing that. People do not believe how much money is involved in cockfighting. There's at least one or two around close, as the crow flies, who have made serious money from cockfighting. I had said in an earlier thread that a well bred *advertiser censored* and a pair of hens could go for around $1,500 or more. That's lowballing it. Now if you are just getting into it, you're not going to be making bank right away, but it looks as if FR was starting into it w/money in mind just from his FB likes/interests. What caught my eye was that an anon tip got a pretty big scale one shut down in WV (iirc). If the Rhodens had any part in that, to start one up themselves (big barn), and got found out, then I could see them being killed for it. It's big business.

I agree. It's barbaric. And just for the record, I have been a safe haven for years for horses. Rescues that don't have resources or room bring horses to me. I was 18 when we were married. Not excusing it, but game *advertiser censored* naturally fight. It's not like fighting pit bulls where they are trained to fight. Game roosters just do it. I wasn't involved with doing it.... I went to one fight that was here in Murfreesboro, and of course the place was raided the night I went. They Mayor was there too. It WAS a huge thing here back then and I assume it still is because I see tons of teepee's and roosters all over. I don't know if the money is still huge purse now that it's illegal.... my ex always went to states it was legal I assume because purse was bigger where it's illegal.

Ok I am googling... and found this article (can't find the year article published) where it states that it is still legal in Louisanna, New Mexico and Oklahoma and it is a billion dollar a year industry, just in those three states.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=131142&page=1

Here is an article on this in Tennessee from April 2015. Apparently it's thriving here. Big Money.

http://www.johnsoncitypress.com/Loc...-lawmakers-continue-to-protect-cockfighting-1

I just wanted to say, I am pretty sure it's illegal nationwide now, but varying degrees of punishments. Some states may be misdemeanors and others may be felonies. I think if you are caught taking anyone underage it is a felony now.

It's awful to say but, the homes were very bloody and at least Chris and Gary were, too... and Frankie's bedroom as well. How could the killer(s) not be bloody, too? How could they take the chance of driving around with guns in the car? Even if they COULD get away with it, if lucky, I'm assuming they took precautions to not have to take that chance of luck alone. They must have taken precautions if this was "well planned." Seems they must have protected themselves in some way with disposable clothing, shoe covers, gloves, head covers and plastic covers on their car seats and floor, too. At the very least, I think Kenneth was killed separately by another killer to prevent having to drive that distance with blood and guns in the car. I think the killer(s) must have had a prepared dump site close by to the murder scenes that didn't require driving any distance from Union Hill Road. They could have dug a deep hole in the woods ahead of time or known of a swampy area or pond back in there somewhere. (Extensive network of path ways and trails across from Dana's house off Shanks Road/Google earth is one guess) Under protective clothing they could have worn typical "turkey shoot" clothing and then they're "hiding in plain sight." Maybe left some hunting rifles ahead of time to really look like authentic "turkey shooters" if seen. (Very convenient to have turkey hunting season begin that day.... ) Bury the guns, clothing, plastic coverings for car seats, etc... and become turkey hunters driving to their favorite hunting spot... just like that. ...Or, to Kenneth's house.

I agree that there would have been at least a bit of blood spatter on the killer with that many shots,most of which were probably close in.
He could have used things such as disposable painter's coveralls, disposable shoe coverings, latex gloves, and disposable face masks. Most of these would be available at Walmart, Home Depot, and a lot of other places. Disposable covering would also greatly reduce the likelihood of leaving DNA, fingerprints, usable shoe prints, etc.

Also these items wouldn't be out of place on a painter's truck.

It wouldn't be too wise to dispose of the stuff anywhere near the murder sites as there would be a fair chance that it would be discovered. Could have drove off in the early morning in a work type of truck and no one would suspect a thing. I see them all of the time when I drive to work.

One big thing to the killer's advantage would be that he likely had at least a couple of hours before the murders were discovered and responded to. In that time he could burn the disposables and dispose of any firearms.

“We are not a bunch of rednecks like the media is making us out to be. We care for each other, and we wanted to organize an event to show that,” he said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news.../ohio-massacre-investigation-reaps-few-clues/

I really feel for the community. This horror was visited upon them and there is no resolution, no closure, and here they sit, a small rural community, many of its members struggling to get by day to day under the national spotlight and judgment and speculation from people around the world.

Shuck off the outer wear, stow it in the trunk, and drive away. If it's anything like driving the roads around the part of the Appalachian Region that I'm from, there's almost zero traffic in a lot of areas. Especially at that time of day/night. Even w/a cell phone you are very alone on a lot of those roads especially w/cell service not being really great in the mountains.

I respectively beg to differ. I can find a dozen links. And am willing to tomorrow when I'm not exhausted. Time of death on a death certificate I own says three to five a.m. He was pronounced at 8:30. Can someone not back me up here? They measure by...mostly...body temp when they arrive at the coroners. Just remember what I'm saying here. IMO as an educated health care professional. TOD will be a huge indicator with POI. 💪.

Hi there everyone, this is my first post.
In response to TOD listed on a certificate. I just checked my moms. She was murdered we believe 12-23 around 7am. Her death certificate states 2:56pm, 12-24... And if I recall correctly this was when the coroner arrived. So I think maybe TOD could differ depending on county that records.

I agree with those who do not believe BJM had no part or evil intentions in this horrible crime. My sister happened to find my mother murdered. She phoned most of our siblings after her initial 911 call. I actually arrived before most of the first responders. I just remember being in a situation horrific like this and the actions of my family, myself, and LE.
However I do believe that if by chance, BJM was aware of any money stashed, I am 100% confident IMO she was aware of the grow and probably helped with some of the teadious tasks, that she may have tried to recover it or some of it before LE arrived.

Thank you for sharing that. I've been saying for quite time there is HUGE money in cockfighting. It doesn't take a whole lot of gamecocks to win a derby.
I want to acknowledge here that you stated ex husband and you've given no indication you're still involved in it. I'd hate to think anyone would judge your harshly for being honest about something in the past.

BBM

If I remember correctly to win the Derby...it's the same rooster that wins every round.... not different roosters. I could be remembering wrong of course.

http://wate.com/2016/05/03/mexican-drug-cartels-impacting-ohio-drug-trade/

I was agreeing that it looked to be about 100 plants but I don't buy what he's selling about the cartel, unless they have LE operating as part of it, like the deputy sheriff (special deputy) in Ky was.

Here is the link about the special deputy in Kentucky.
http://www.wdrb.com/story/30047174/...cted-on-drug-charges-linked-to-mexican-cartel

Unbelievable! A "special deputy".... On whom there is no personnel file...who is stopped at one point by LE, having drugs in the car with him...Ouch! How does this happen? Really, are the sheriff's departments in that neck of the woods so desperate or naive or corrupt that this happens? If I were a citizen under their watch I would be terrified.

Hi there everyone, this is my first post.
In response to TOD listed on a certificate. I just checked my moms. She was murdered we believe 12-23 around 7am. Her death certificate states 2:56pm, 12-24... And if I recall correctly this was when the coroner arrived. So I think maybe TOD could differ depending on county that records.

I agree with those who do not believe BJM had no part or evil intentions in this horrible crime. My sister happened to find my mother murdered. She phoned most of our siblings after her initial 911 call. I actually arrived before most of the first responders. I just remember being in a situation horrific like this and the actions of my family, myself, and LE.
However I do believe that if by chance, BJM was aware of any money stashed, I am 100% confident IMO she was aware of the grow and probably helped with some of the teadious tasks, that she may have tried to recover it or some of it before LE arrived.

I'm so very sorry for you and your family's loss. I cannot imagine your pain. Thank you for sharing, you have helped us (or at least me) to understand why TOD was listed the way it was. I don't believe BJM nor DS had anything to do, directly, with the murders of their family members either, however, like you, I feel they may have taken an opportunity if presented (Why let strangers have it when it could help their own family?) and may be acting a bit more surprised at the mj being there than they really are.

I agree that there would have been at least a bit of blood spatter on the killer with that many shots,most of which were probably close in.
He could have used things such as disposable painter's coveralls, disposable shoe coverings, latex gloves, and disposable face masks. Most of these would be available at Walmart, Home Depot, and a lot of other places. Disposable covering would also greatly reduce the likelihood of leaving DNA, fingerprints, usable shoe prints, etc.

Also these items wouldn't be out of place on a painter's truck.

It wouldn't be too wise to dispose of the stuff anywhere near the murder sites as there would be a fair chance that it would be discovered. Could have drove off in the early morning in a work type of truck and no one would suspect a thing. I see them all of the time when I drive to work.

One big thing to the killer's advantage would be that he likely had at least a couple of hours before the murders were discovered and responded to. In that time he could burn the disposables and dispose of any firearms.

IMO most all of that could be burned and destroyed

BBM

If I remember correctly to win the Derby...it's the same rooster that wins every round.... not different roosters. I could be remembering wrong of course.

That would sound right. That winning rooster's progeny would be sold at a very good price too. I've never been to one, just know what I know from it being fairly common in the region.

Unbelievable! A "special deputy".... On whom there is no personnel file...who is stopped at one point by LE, having drugs in the car with him...Ouch! How does this happen? Really, are the sheriff's departments in that neck of the woods so desperate or naive or corrupt that this happens? If I were a citizen under their watch I would be terrified.

This actually happened in a neighboring county to Louisville, Ky. Louisville is the largest city in Ky., is not really impoverished, and is not part of the Appalachian Region, but I get where you're coming from. I'd be scared too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member