OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@rsd: So, let me get this straight. Someone in the family was so filled with moral indignation that they were willing to murder eight family members and leave others motherless, correct, because being a mass murderer is better for the family legacy than being a grower of marijuana? I'm trying to wrap my head around that idea. ;)

Well, not if everybody in the general area and throughout the nation believes the cartel did it and, in which case, "they got what they had coming" because of their own activities. The children won't always be motherless... and now they won't grow up in an "illegal and dangerous" situation. I'm not saying that's how I feel. Just saying some might feel that way. There was even an article written in MSM about how people turned on the Rhodens when they learned about the drugs involved. I was surprised about that actually because I wasn't that bothered by the fact that they were growing weed and I still was horribly sad about what happened but many other people were not. Others said, "Drugs and death, what else can you expect? Who cares then. Anything else on TV tonight?"

"... being a mass murderer is better for the family legacy..."
No... they don't ever expect to be named as a mass murderer. And they weren't filled with any moral indignation. They just felt cheated out of what was theirs for a very long time and felt the way the land was being used was just one more kick in the teeth.

Wanted to add this,,, Having trouble finding the link on the FBI site above, read it there previously. Here's a link with the kingpin and namesake listed, Chilly Willy.
https://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-231550061.html
ColMustard, do you register with that publication, HighBeam?
I can not read entire article.
Can you?
I started to register, but it looked like I was getting into a paid subscription.
I'm looking for some other names...
Thank you

I veered off course from my original theory which is at the top. Pepper34 and I started discussing other types of family type issues, and how we knew the layouts of our family homes like the back of our hands and could navigate them in the dead of night, w/o a light source, w/o awakening anyone, which then transpired into a different discussion / line of thought than the original one I posted about KR and with an assistant that went wrong, loosely based on an article I'd read about a guy who'd had his entire family murdered for no apparent reason (his court date is coming up in August and no one still knows why he had his family murdered). So, in an attempt to gather this back together in some coherent form, I've attached a couple of the original posts. I'm getting a bit confused now though. lol

And I'm sorry if anyone has become upset by my throwing my theory out there. It is not my only theory and as rsd 1200 said, we were tossing theories around yesterday... or I was, whatever. I don't know the family and I'd rather it not be anyone in the family in the first place. It's just one theory of many and one that would certainly be looked at by LE (who won't share anything so these ideas come up.) No offense meant on my part, truly. From what I've seen, I feel nothing but sadness for the entire family... have been feeling sad about it for over a month now. Some theories are better left unsaid and, if I had it to do over again, I'd have thrown in my theory # 4 or # 5 instead. There's more than enough theories to go around and that I can safely say.

Ok, I'll just give up. Judging by the deleted posts, the kingpin and namesake of the operation I linked cannot be named or linked, though it is public record if you can find it. That's just hard to do without the name or nickname.

ETA: Was just trying to share all the info so better sleuths than myself could look at it. The more I look, the more I find, a true rabbit hole.

ETA: Suddenly, those two previous posts are visible again.

I have asked that same question. We've not seen any pics/video of the LE packing out trays, plants, burning, taking pics of, the plants at all. They always love to get that, and the inside of a "sophisticated" grow op, in pics too. Helicopters were overhead and not one plant was in sight. I believe there may have been some pot but I don't believe the pot was ginormous plants or as sophisticated operation as they're saying. One person's determination of sophisticated may be another's jury-rigged operation. The AG didn't even know those were game *advertiser censored* on the property so I'm not putting much stock in his mj knowledge.

He said early on that his wife explained to him the cages were for *advertiser censored* fighting.

This was after he apparently did not know the defination of execution "style"!

I think time of death would be interesting, but I think "cause" is reasonably clear no?

True my friend. I really was mentally focused on TOD, but got carried away in the moment. Although, there are still public details lacking on cause of death per each individual victim....gunshots, yes, but details?

ColMustard, do you register with that publication, HighBeam?
I can not read entire article.
Can you?
I started to register, but it looked like I was getting into a paid subscription.
I'm looking for some other names...
Thank you

Suddenly, this post is visible again. ???

No I'm not registered there, could read the first several paragraphs though. The whole story is on the FBI site, if I could only find it again.

Well, not if everybody in the general area and throughout the nation believes the cartel did it and, in which case, "they got what they had coming" because of their own activities. The children won't always be motherless... and now they won't grow up in an "illegal and dangerous" situation. I'm not saying that's how I feel. Just saying some might feel that way. There was even an article written in MSM about how people turned on the Rhodens when they learned about the drugs involved. I was surprised about that actually because I wasn't that bothered by the fact that they were growing weed and I still was horribly sad about what happened but many other people were not. Others said, "Drugs and death, what else can you expect? Who cares then. Anything else on TV tonight?"

"... being a mass murderer is better for the family legacy..."
No... they don't ever expect to be named as a mass murderer. And they weren't filled with any moral indignation. They just felt cheated out of what was theirs for a very long time and felt the way the land was being used was just one more kick in the teeth.

Thanks, you explained it better. It was late and my brain was toast. I'm so caught up in this case, I even had a nightmare last night! Haven't had one like that in years!

:modstop:

Do not suggest a conspiracy or coverup. We aren't going there. That will end up getting this thread shut down.

I have removed some posts. Discuss the case, not those investigating it, not the local politics. Capiche?

Thinkin pretty soon you're gonna need to re-write all the rules. There seems to be an underlying message here...don't step on LE's toes. Maybe no discussion whatsoever concerning LE?

Ok, I'll just give up. Judging by the deleted posts, the kingpin and namesake of the operation I linked cannot be named or linked, though it is public record if you can find it. That's just hard to do without the name or nickname.

ETA: Was just trying to share all the info so better sleuths than myself could look at it. The more I look, the more I find, a true rabbit hole.

I have reconsidered and restored your post with link to highbeam.

The case does appear to illustrate that organized crime, cartel type activity does occur in OH so it can be discussed generally in those terms. I am confident the sleuths following this case will be careful not to fall too far down any one rabbit hole and pull this thread off the rails.

Carry on.

tlcya

Thinkin pretty soon you're gonna need to re-write all the rules. There seems to be an underlying message here...don't step on LE's toes. Maybe no discussion whatsoever concerning LE?

Discuss LE's investigation of these murders. Discuss what they have said about the murders and what the news covers about what they are doing in the investigation of these murders.

The mod warning is pretty clear. Do not suggest a coverup. A lack of news, updates or arrest is not enough to suggest a coverup. Period.

And I'm sorry if anyone has become upset by my throwing my theory out there. It is not my only theory and as rsd 1200 said, we were tossing theories around yesterday... or I was, whatever. I don't know the family and I'd rather it not be anyone in the family in the first place. It's just one theory of many and one that would certainly be looked at by LE (who won't share anything so these ideas come up.) No offense meant on my part, truly. From what I've seen, I feel nothing but sadness for the entire family... have been feeling sad about it for over a month now. Some theories are better left unsaid and, if I had it to do over again, I'd have thrown in my theory # 4 or # 5 instead. There's more than enough theories to go around and that I can safely say.

I, personally, enjoyed our exchange. :) I just thought that sumzero may not have seen our jumping off points, so, just thought it may be more clear if I showed him/her how the conversation evolved.

I have reconsidered and restored your post with link to highbeam.

The case does appear to illustrate that organized crime, cartel type activity does occur in OH so it can be discussed generally in those terms. I am confident the sleuths following this case will be careful not to fall too far down any one rabbit hole and pull this thread off the rails.

Carry on.

tlcya

Ok, thanks. Still don't know if it was the website or the content.

Since I couldn't find the FBI link about the rest of the story, I tried providing at least part of it through the highbeam page.

The page below shows a direct link of 'soldiers' operating in Ohio. Note that this man named Solis was given a "camello".

“camellos” are assignments that are delegated to

lower-ranking members by those with higher ranks. Typically, “camellos” were performed by a soldier who did not follow a previous order or “messed up.”"..
Padilla assigned the “camello” of

murdering Jo Ann to Marcos Illan “Polo” Solis, a lower-level Mexican Mafia soldier who was based in Ohio."

https://www.courtlistener.com/opinion/3087899/wilfred-padilla-jr-aka-wilfredo-padilla-aka-willie/

Food for thought, maybe? Could this be one reason for the cartel theory being brought out right away?

Operation Chilly Loco
https://www.fbi.gov/cincinnati/press-releases/2010/ci021710.htm (from 2010)

Some interesting dots there.

Interesting reading. Just a question and an observation. Is there a Preble County in Ohio? Or, is that just misspelled throughout the document? Also, it doesn't look like to me that the LE persons in our area of interest were involved in/on that drug task force. Am I seeing this wrong?

Thank you for the clarification on some of the posts and links.

Interesting reading. Just a question and an observation. Is there a Preble County in Ohio? Or, is that just misspelled throughout the document? Also, it doesn't look like to me that the LE persons in our area of interest were involved in/on that drug task force. Am I seeing this wrong?

Yes, there is a Preble County in Ohio. Western side. Rural, remote farm land, somewhat similar to Pike County without the hills.

Preble County is just west of Dayton.

I think you saw it correctly, some local Chiefs of (city) Police are mentioned, but I'm not sure which counties those are in, without googling them up.

Yes, but LE also said 1 site was indoors and it seems possible to me that more than 1 site was indoors but, of course, that can't be proved by what we know for sure. I really don't like to say that I suspect any family members but we were just running through some "possible scenarios" yesterday to explain why someone(s) might kill 8 people. This is just one possibility out of many and one I really hope is wrong. What's more, if it did happen this way, I wouldn't think any family member would do this by their own hands... more along the lines of by their own instructions. I guess as long as I name no names, it remains just one theory and won't be against TOS. It's actually a very uncomfortable idea to even write about.

Some of the imaginable scenarios along these lines that run through my mind are very reprehensible also. They are easier to imagine within a hired killing approach, but still....

I, personally, enjoyed our exchange. :) I just thought that sumzero may not have seen our jumping off points, so, just thought it may be more clear if I showed him/her how the conversation evolved.

I did, too rsd 1200 and I have to say I have had nightmares about this case, too. *I was standing in Dana's living room, far to the left and looking across the room staring at the front door area and what looks like a hallway to a bedroom down that way* which woke me up and I literally jumped out of bed and began my 'real' day at 4:35 am with coffee thinking, "This is just SO unbelievably awful and sad" ...and that's only one nightmare I've had. Some murders just get to you more than others and this one has me bad. I think this family became very real for me because of their FB pages. They could be anyone you would know and love, at least for me. I imagine Dana had just moved into the nicest place she had ever lived in and I imagine her happiness at decorating her new home... ahhh! It could break your heart. I still think that last land/home purchase is the catalyst for the murders somehow. I'm actually glad LE is being so quiet because, here in my state, we have the Sunshine Laws and so much gets put out there that I am very familiar with how the MSM and a flood of legal documents can destroy a case... literally hand it to the defense to win. I begin every day now checking the news for arrests in the case. I agree with a previous comment that it is "friends" or "business associates" and that something ticked them off badly enough to do this and I agree with the KY connection, too. (That actually is my # 1 theory.) I can't wait until someone is arrested and has to pay for these murders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000