OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT... I was reading through Brad Hiltons memorial page and found some interesting posts from Dana.
She typically asked Brad to watch over family in general but these seemed more direct
I tried unsuccessfully to find any newspaper articles, arrest records, etc around these dates

August 15,2014
Fly free & high. keep an eye on the evil people in Pike county. U see who they are!

August 18,2014
keep an eye on the bikers ( this could be taken either way but posted within days of previous post IMO gives it a deeper meaning )

June 14,2015
I miss you, fly free watch over me going through some dumb sh** about now, I know you see everything down here that's going on just keep an eye on the evil ones for me.

I feel that DR was fearful of something and/or somebody because in one of LM's interviews/videos, when he was specifically asked by the reporter if DR had ever been fearful or felt threatened (however it was worded), LM did not say yes or no, he said something along the lines of he was not going to say (if she was or wasn't)

I do not mean this in a disrespectful way at all. But these posts were nearly one to two years before the murders and she asked that man for prayers nearly every day. DR's life and the rest of the family member's as well, was constant drama. There was always some sort of something going on in their lives. If it wasn't FR and his buddies going to some guy's house to beat him up over a demo derby slur, it was CR2 bumping someone's car and getting into it, or a lady slapping CR2 in the street, then the whole deal with her daughter, and then to her and CR1's "it's complicated relationship", (and people in town discussing it on the T site) and I could go on. I have had a pretty "colorful" and "drama filled" life myself, not by choice most times, but this woman's life? I'd be asking God, and dead friends, to watch over me too! Apparently this friend was one of her very best friends and she lost him. I know what that's like. He was probably her confidant when things got hairy and things seemed to always be hairy in that family. I'm not putting her nor them down, I'm just saying, I just don't think prayers from a year or two ago means she had any knowledge of just how horrible things were about to get on that night in April. I just feel sad for her.

With all due respect, I had not mentioned her FB posts on the memory page for DR's friend, but rather I was just responding to that particular post and relating my opinion that I do feel DR was fearful of something or someone, based on how her dad (LM) had answered the question in one of his earlier interviews/videos. That's all.

With all due respect, I had not mentioned her FB posts on the memory page for DR's friend, but rather I was just responding to that particular post and relating my opinion that I do feel DR was fearful of something or someone, based on how her dad (LM) had answered the question in one of his earlier interviews/videos. That's all.

I was just responding in general but when I said, "I do not mean this in a disrespectful way at all." I meant no disrespect toward the victims. I do think that DR was nervous a lot, and fearful for her family, but I think it was probably over the possibility of them all going to jail over growing pot, also, always being in some type of fights, her daughter's situation, and things like that, that never seemed to cease.

I wish we had something concrete in the way of an update. From the way Mike D. talked, that may not happen for awhile.
I think when LM was talking, he was just terribly upset, understandably. With all the shock and grief and stress, I think he just had a bad case of run-of-the-mouth-itis! I could be wrong, he may have some valid concerns about his family's safety, but I really don't see it that way.
I don't know if I believe that this could be crooked LE, but I hope not. The entire country has had its fair share of that the past few years.

As the complete silence continues - everywhere - just ask yourself what "entity" could make such a huge amount of citizens, 100's of cops involved, and not one little tiny leak??

Any of us , true crime followers, ever see a mass shooting , go so quiet, so quick, and remain so for so long?

Only leads in one direction moo

Didn't we already know that both men were growing mj? I think so. Kendra doesn't seem to know much about the grow ops. Safe to assume she wasn't real close to her dad in recent years?

Just b/c they both grew it doesn't mean one wasn't splitting off from the other. I'd guess that Kendra doesn't know that much about grow ops but I've not read anything to indicate that she wasn't close with her father.

Grow and sell operation between the whole family.

KR's daughter talks about her father made money by planting and selling marijuana for kids.

I just think that it got out of hand, so to speak, and in later years when demands for drugs were fueling in price and competition someone in the family made a mistake. Could be bad decision on a deal, monies owed.

Her talking sounds like this was just the normal for them to survive in the everyday working world.

However, I still feel the cartel is involved somehow and possibly linked to the shatter lab that was busted. Cops/Feds just don't ship out "smelly" marijuana from California to other state. JMO

I hope they solve this case, prayers still going out to the family.

I don't think the pot at the p.o. was sent from Cali. I think it was a sting.

I don't think the pot at the p.o. was sent from Cali. I think it was a sting.

I have to agree. I mean how many hands and hot cargo planes and trucks did that package pass through before it landed at the post office where it suddenly smelled of pot?

I have to agree. I mean how many hands and hot cargo planes and trucks did that package pass through before it landed at the post office where it suddenly smelled of pot?

Yeah, really. And who, in the real world, would send 38 pounds of pot through the post office? I mean, I can see folks getting brave and trying to send an ounce or two but 38 pounds?! Nope. Had to be a setup. Also, if it was sent from Cali, they'd have tracked that package back to that p.o., and tried to get video of who dropped it off. The package just sits there in the p.o. and no one comes for it so they ask the wife/gf to take it w/her? It's just too weird. Surely she smelled it. I'd have said, No, he can pick it up himself. She may have even been in on it b/c I don't remember seeing a female's name in the article about the arrests and releases.

As the complete silence continues - everywhere - just ask yourself what "entity" could make such a huge amount of citizens, 100's of cops involved, and not one little tiny leak??

Any of us , true crime followers, ever see a mass shooting , go so quiet, so quick, and remain so for so long?

Only leads in one direction moo

Agreed. Oh, responded but said over limits.

According to the article about the 38lb pkg, the woman was questioned and released. Did anyone notice in the latest update Mike D gave the numbers of LE involved in this case, and there were only two from Pike county still actively involved. Am pretty sure that meant the sheriff and two others, probably detectives. I can't remember how many employees the SD has, but it seems really strange that there are only two people from SD still on the case when this is essentially THEIR county and THEIR jurisdiction!

A rouge cop has been mentioned. How about an undercover operative trying to keep a huge undercover operation, himself, and his family from being exposed?

I wonder how much JJ's other cases he was involved in have affected current cases that are getting dropped? I'm sure there are some. darn it!

A rouge cop has been mentioned. How about an undercover operative trying to keep a huge undercover operation, himself, and his family from being exposed?

Interesting thought.

Because.

All thoughts are with the Rhodens & Gilley's tonight. Always watch over them, please.

I wish we had something concrete in the way of an update. From the way Mike D. talked, that may not happen for awhile.
I think when LM was talking, he was just terribly upset, understandably. With all the shock and grief and stress, I think he just had a bad case of run-of-the-mouth-itis! I could be wrong, he may have some valid concerns about his family's safety, but I really don't see it that way.
I don't know if I believe that this could be crooked LE, but I hope not. The entire country has had its fair share of that the past few years.

BBM I think so too. I also think that there were some things floating around his head at that time that were the only things that he could grab onto; The court date the previous day re; the woman who slapped CR2, the boys who talked about coming after CR2 over the car incident, and the incident w/the guys who came out there and were met w/ not such a friendly welcome by the Rhoden family. All of those were recent and what immediately came to mind. If some woman slapped my grandchild and their Momma had to get a restraining order, I'd be worried for them and their parents, adults just don't go around slapping 16 year old kids (and she was found guilty so they found her at fault), that, combined with the other two things would make me worried for my daughter and her family too. He also made the comment that his daughter was a good person, and his grandkids were good people too, but he wasn't going to say about the others (loosely quoting).

Edit: At the time, he'd probably not been worried, in that he thought any of those recent things would lead to murder, but, on that day, those things probably popped into mind that they could have been the cause. I also don't really believe that he knew nothing of the pot operation and if he did know about it, then that most likely caused him to worry about his daughter and grandkids too. Even though, until that day, he probably was not thinking it would get them murdered, he'd probably thought jail was a real possibility.

I have been sitting here reading these posts, and news articles, links also. One thing I would love to see would be for Mr. DeWine and Sheriff Reader give a statement, get TV reporters and newspaper reporters there. Give an update WE NEED ONE..AND AGAIN ASK for "tips"....but not only tips.. I think they need to be truthful and stress that the lines they want called are not traceable to any authorities.. why? I feel this needs to be stressed. Because I do believe someone wants to talk SO bad and tell what they know. That one tip could make the difference. But they are afraid their telephone number will be traced and what they say will bring LE to their door for questioning and BOOM news travels, everyone will know they talked. If I knew something and lived in such a rural area. I would be afraid to call for these reasons. We have to remind ourselves how horrible this crime IS... and IF someone knew something how they would be so afraid to talk. People in those parts are poor, the one person with information may not have transportation to a pay phone ( IF pay phones still exist...?? ), and not want to give their name or have their personal phone traced. Maybe they don't have anyone they can take into their confidence. Someone out there knows something, and they are scared.

All thoughts are with the Rhodens & Gilley's tonight. Always watch over them, please.

Amen. I just can't get this case out of my head. What few days I've not been on here, I think of them, and the surviving family members, and send up prayers for them, and that the assailant(s) will soon be brought to justice. :praying:

I have been sitting here reading these posts, and news articles, links also. One thing I would love to see would be for Mr. DeWine and Sheriff Reader give a statement, get TV reporters and newspaper reporters there. Give an update WE NEED ONE..AND AGAIN ASK for "tips"....but not only tips.. I think they need to be truthful and stress that the lines they want called are not traceable to any authorities.. why? I feel this needs to be stressed. Because I do believe someone wants to talk SO bad and tell what they know. That one tip could make the difference. But they are afraid their telephone number will be traced and what they say will bring LE to their door for questioning and BOOM news travels, everyone will know they talked. If I knew something and lived in such a rural area. I would be afraid to call for these reasons. We have to remind ourselves how horrible this crime IS... and IF someone knew something how they would be so afraid to talk. People in those parts are poor, the one person with information may not have transportation to a pay phone ( IF pay phones still exist...?? ), and not want to give their name or have their personal phone traced. Maybe they don't have anyone they can take into their confidence. Someone out there knows something, and they are scared.

I just doubt the general public would trust them that their call would be anonymous or un-traced. I'd not. I've thought about what I'd do if I were in someone's shoes who knew something, and it's hard for me to say. I hope I'd do the right thing but in a place that small, just going to the LE department, would be seen by someone. Also, one of my theories is that it is a LEO. So that would make it very dicey to make a call or go in to make statement. I'd be terrified that I'd be putting my own family member's lives at risk.

just checking in to see if there is any news. sad to see this case is still unsolved. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298