OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear what you are saying. It's a very scary thing. However, I suppose if I knew, with no doubt, who did it and why, I'd contact the FBI if I was untrusting of the local LE. You could always drop a typed letter to SD. There are ways around being found out. I'd be very careful of the info that I knew and the perps knew I knew. I honestly don't think anyone knows aside from the perps in this case. I feel anyone in the public would be killed if they knew who did it. The perps too should be in fear of their lives. I couldn't tell you what I'd do if this were my family and I knew who did this. I'm not about killing people or even a supporter of the death penalty, but that might change if this happened to me.

I personally don't believe Reader is going to put up with a crooked cop. He seems sincere and seems like a man who does his job of upholding the law and protecting his community the best he can. He very well might be the only one out of the 35 people on staff at the SD. But there is no doubt he doesn't take kindly to crooked LE, my opinion of course and just from speculation.
That's a good idea on contacting the FBI. There's just been so much trouble w/the LE in that community. I get good vibes off of Reader too. My only fear would be that it would somehow get out and then, me or my family having the information, and possibly being called to testify, may never make it to court. I think the FBI would be the best route. I live in small town and things get around pretty quickly. Especially if it were to be something like this and a person came forward. The people who murdered the folks who were dealing a few miles away, weren't caught for 8-9 years. There were people who survived being shot there too, and just flat out said they didn't see who shot them or didn't remember anything. The only way they caught them was years later they pulled something else and left DNA behind and it matched DNA at the scene of the murders of the dealers, those many years before. People were just scared to come forward. There were rewards, billboards, phone lines, etc...

I don't remember all the specifics, but my mom befriended a younger lady at church who was married and had at least four kids. I think it was tough making ends meet, and several people at church felt like maybe the husband wasn't such a nice person. I think people thought maybe they were a little "backwards" by the way they lived. Someone was going out to their house that aftn, and my mom sent two suits (skirt, blouse and jacket) for this lady.
Knowing my mom, she probably paid in the neighborhood of 80.00 apiece for these suits. She worked at the city hall for 30 years before retiring. I don't think she ever wore any of her work clothes out. She might wear something 10 years, and give clothes away or take them to the second hand shop. Anyway, the friend who gave these suits to the other lady told my mom the next week not to give them any more clothes. After she left, the woman's husband burned the clothing because they didn't take handouts.
In my opinion that isn't being proud, that's being mean. All he had to do is say "no thanks". But he certainly had no problem with the church helping them with groceries. I just don't understand people like that. If I had any say so, if it weren't for the wife and kids, I would have been reluctant to help with groceries. Help is help, I can't see one being okay, and the other being "a handout".
Maybe more people feel like that than I would think, but it sounds awfully petty to me. If somebody gives me something, I'm always appreciative, and if I find out it doesn't fit, I"'ll find someone who can use it.
Amauet1, it sounds like you had to struggle growing up, and you're in a better place emotionally, and are enjoying a better life we all deserve.

I don't remember all the specifics, but my mom befriended a younger lady at church who was married and had at least four kids. I think it was tough making ends meet, and several people at church felt like maybe the husband wasn't such a nice person. I think people thought maybe they were a little "backwards" by the way they lived. Someone was going out to their house that aftn, and my mom sent two suits (skirt, blouse and jacket) for this lady.
Knowing my mom, she probably paid in the neighborhood of 80.00 apiece for these suits. She worked at the city hall for 30 years before retiring. I don't think she ever wore any of her work clothes out. She might wear something 10 years, and give clothes away or take them to the second hand shop. Anyway, the friend who gave these suits to the other lady told my mom the next week not to give them any more clothes. After she left, the woman's husband burned the clothing because they didn't take handouts.
In my opinion that isn't being proud, that's being mean. All he had to do is say "no thanks". But he certainly had no problem with the church helping them with groceries. I just don't understand people like that. If I had any say so, if it weren't for the wife and kids, I would have been reluctant to help with groceries. Help is help, I can't see one being okay, and the other being "a handout".
Maybe more people feel like that than I would think, but it sounds awfully petty to me. If somebody gives me something, I'm always appreciative, and if I find out it doesn't fit, I"'ll find someone who can use it.
Amauet1, it sounds like you had to struggle growing up, and you're in a better place emotionally, and are enjoying a better life we all deserve.

That sounds more like a very controlling husband, possibly borderline mental/physical abuse, to me. I have a couple friends who've made it out of abusive relationships and worked for a place that helped abused spouses seek shelter. If he didn't have a problem w/other types of help but burned an act of kindness she rec'd, that sets off a red flag.

That's a good idea on contacting the FBI. There's just been so much trouble w/the LE in that community. I get good vibes off of Reader too. My only fear would be that it would somehow get out and then, me or my family having the information, and possibly being called to testify, may never make it to court. I think the FBI would be the best route. I live in small town and things get around pretty quickly. Especially if it were to be something like this and a person came forward. The people who murdered the folks who were dealing a few miles away, weren't caught for 8-9 years. There were people who survived being shot there too, and just flat out said they didn't see who shot them or didn't remember anything. The only way they caught them was years later they pulled something else and left DNA behind and it matched DNA at the scene of the murders of the dealers, those many years before. People were just scared to come forward. There were rewards, billboards, phone lines, etc...

Wow, that's just horrible! Unless ever faced with a situation such as murder, you just never know how you'd react. I can't fathom living 8-9 years knowing who hurt me and my family! I had to face 2 criminals in court for just stealing my purse. These people were career criminals and will be in jail for a little bit. What scares me the most is that they had my license with my picture and my address. I'm a little worried about when they are released and that is over theft!

Wow, that's just horrible! Unless ever faced with a situation such as murder, you just never know how you'd react. I can't fathom living 8-9 years knowing who hurt me and my family! I had to face 2 criminals in court for just stealing my purse. These people were career criminals and will be in jail for a little bit. What scares me the most is that they had my license with my picture and my address. I'm a little worried about when they are released and that is over theft!

That would scare me too. If you haven't already, check to see if your state has a victim notification system. All you have to do is go online (for my state anyway) and sign up w/your phone number and any time those two people are so much as moved to another facility, you will get a call. If they are released you will get a call. You will keep being notified w/call backs until you enter a code (at least that's how it works here). I'd definitely check into it and when they're released I'd make a point of letting my local LE know.

Maybe when the purse snatchers get out of jail they won't come back to your town. Surely they would know LE would be watching everything they did.
If somebody did hire people from out of town, as I suspect, I'm sure they will be a little harder to track down. I agree with the person who suggested wearing gloves to write or type a letter is a good idea. Also, if I was the one writing the letter, it would be anonymous. The only way in my opinion, whoever has the info overheard somebody, they weren't a witness to the crime. LE does a thorough investigation into the killers life, they will have enough evidence before they make an arrest that witness testimony won't be necessary.

That would scare me too. If you haven't already, check to see if your state has a victim notification system. All you have to do is go online (for my state anyway) and sign up w/your phone number and any time those two people are so much as moved to another facility, you will get a call. If they are released you will get a call. You will keep being notified w/call backs until you enter a code (at least that's how it works here). I'd definitely check into it and when they're released I'd make a point of letting my local LE know.

Yes, I'm going to look into that. I had kept very close eye on them through our states inmate search. I wasnt the only one pressing charges either. There were several cases against this particular couple.

The "family" as you describe it, will most likely inherit nothing. The heirs of those deceased are the surviving grandchildren.

OK not sure about how it's probated, but I thought that I read that the property was released to a or a couple of brothers who live in KY. Is that not correct? JMO ETA....the closest blood relative to KR and CR1 is their mother. JMO ETA, again...you are correct. I checked Ohio .......it IS based on lineal descendants. So, anything left of CR1 estate would go to grandchildren and anything left of estate of KR would go to his children, unless they had wills for a different distribution......

OK not sure about how it's probated, but I thought that I read that the property was released to a or a couple of brothers who live in KY. Is that not correct? JMO ETA....the closest blood relative to KR and CR1 is their mother. JMO ETA, again...you are correct. I checked Ohio .......it IS based on lineal descendants. So, anything left of CR1 estate would go to grandchildren and anything left of estate of KR would go to his children, unless they had wills for a different distribution......

I don't believe the older Rhoden brothers live in KY. There were originally five. The three youngest are now dead. The other two currently live in Ohio.

It wasn't the whole family, though. The Kentucky brothers and families and Mom survived EXCEPT for Gary..... and would inherit whatever was left of the deceased side of the family. There was a major split in the family around the time of Clarence R's crime and incarceration. JMO
I know, sorry I wasn't talking about the "entire" Rhoden family. I was talking about Chris Sr's whole family. His ex-wife, and their children. I'm not forgetting GR and KR and HHG. Maybe you could call it "A" generation of the family?

Oh darlin, I've had a good life so far. Bless you for your concern though you have a very kind heart! I was just explaining the way I was brought up. It was a " no nonsense" kind of life. You know no time to be emotional about things, if something needs fixed, fix it. If your hungry, eat. If someone is less fortunate than you help em out. Don't explain, just do it. Old School , you know what I mean? No, I had everything I ever needed and still do.

Sounds like you and I shared the same type of parents and grandparents! Do what you need to do to live a happy respectable life. I know both sets of grandparents were that way and didn't spend their money lavishly, but seemed to feel like they had everything they needed.
Both my parents always worked, we had everything we needed, and some things we didn't need. But I was always taught to be honest and live a respectable life, and that was more important than any worldly possessions or having money. I thought maybe when you were growing up, maybe like my mom described her childhood, Granddad always worked and Grandmother was a stay at home mom, and they made due with what they had. Nowadays it seems like half the kids in America have their hand out expecting everything for nothing.

Sounds like you and I shared the same type of parents and grandparents! Do what you need to do to live a happy respectable life. I know both sets of grandparents were that way and didn't spend their money lavishly, but seemed to feel like they had everything they needed.
Both my parents always worked, we had everything we needed, and some things we didn't need. But I was always taught to be honest and live a respectable life, and that was more important than any worldly possessions or having money. I thought maybe when you were growing up, maybe like my mom described her childhood, Granddad always worked and Grandmother was a stay at home mom, and they made due with what they had. Nowadays it seems like half the kids in America have their hand out expecting everything for nothing.
Well we might have enough info to help solve the murders right now, but I sure have met a lot of nice "posters". And I better quit for awhile, before thicya comes on and reminds me that this forum is not about socializing! lol.

Each morning and before I go to bed, I check currently housed inmates in Pike county jail. There is a fellow that has been there since last Wed, no charges, no bond. Does anyone know how long a person can be held with no charges? I must add he has a interesting last name.

I know we can't discuss family members social media, but can we discuss their criminal history to show links to interstate trafficking? We may have already in the beginning. Can't remember.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Each morning and before I go to bed, I check currently housed inmates in Pike county jail. There is a fellow that has been there since last Wed, no charges, no bond. Does anyone know how long a person can be held with no charges? I must add he has a interesting last name.

He actually has like 40+ misdemeanor charges filed on him in court.
Looks like he may of went on a theft spree maybe breaking into cars from the looks of the charges. Basically had the proverbial book thrown at him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My hubby and I were talking about the "hold" time w/O formal chgs. I know for a fact when I was in my 20's I had a friend who worked as a jailer. Tex. hold time is 72 hrs. I don't ever remember reading anyone in Kan. being jailed w/o chgs, so for all I know, Kan. may not allow that under any circumstances. So I think each state may have their own rules and regulations on holding someone.
Robert - hubby said probably as long as necessary to gather more info. I think if that were the case, people would be screaming about that being unconstitutional.
Still reading past threads, people talking about Brentley not hearing gun shots.
We had a terrible hail storm in 1994, hail the size of tennis balls. Two of my kids never even wiggled a finger. The other child broke the world record for the 10 foot relay getting to my bedroom. We lived in a MH with the metal roof. I certainly believe a child could sleep thru gunshots.
I can't believe that Dana's restraining order is even being discussed. That happened when she was really young and since she never had chgs after that tells me it was an isolated incident that can be chalked up to both their ages. And the same with Kenny. Some people were surprised to read that the same SIL helped her paint. Just proves to me that they were a close family and let by-gones be by-gones.
One thing I noticed when I read Gary's obit there are two different sets of parents listed. Not survived by, but listed at birth. Suppose he was adopted? I am adopted, but my parents went through an adoption agency and the birth parents were and still are a secret, for lack of a better way to put it.

Sometimes that means they were picked up on parole violation for an earlier conviction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That said, it's not hard to imagine that they would be supplementing their incomes in some fashion. I still think that there may have been extortion involved. I still think the pick up cop came around after he was no longer on the force, and they laughed in his face. Big mistake. It certainly explains the silence. If he falls, they all fall.

Actually the problems that I have seen with the PCSD are a different kind of problem than corruption. What I do see is a trigger happy deputy (Think George Zimmerman here) and a couple of others in a DV type situation. As for the secrecy, I can give the AG/Sheriff the benefit of the doubt. As for the county PA, I don't really have a good feeling there. That said, there have been some recent cases of corruption in Ohio LE. We have one PD near CBus that has had a couple of officers with serious corruption

http://nbc4i.com/2016/04/27/former-...o-federal-program-theft-civil-rights-charges/

http://nbc4i.com/2016/02/18/reynoldsburg-police-detective-arrested-on-drug-charges/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member