OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My hubby and I were talking about the "hold" time w/O formal chgs. I know for a fact when I was in my 20's I had a friend who worked as a jailer. Tex. hold time is 72 hrs. I don't ever remember reading anyone in Kan. being jailed w/o chgs, so for all I know, Kan. may not allow that under any circumstances. So I think each state may have their own rules and regulations on holding someone.
Robert - hubby said probably as long as necessary to gather more info. I think if that were the case, people would be screaming about that being unconstitutional.
Still reading past threads, people talking about Brentley not hearing gun shots.
We had a terrible hail storm in 1994, hail the size of tennis balls. Two of my kids never even wiggled a finger. The other child broke the world record for the 10 foot relay getting to my bedroom. We lived in a MH with the metal roof. I certainly believe a child could sleep thru gunshots.
I can't believe that Dana's restraining order is even being discussed. That happened when she was really young and since she never had chgs after that tells me it was an isolated incident that can be chalked up to both their ages. And the same with Kenny. Some people were surprised to read that the same SIL helped her paint. Just proves to me that they were a close family and let by-gones be by-gones.
One thing I noticed when I read Gary's obit there are two different sets of parents listed. Not survived by, but listed at birth. Suppose he was adopted? I am adopted, but my parents went through an adoption agency and the birth parents were and still are a secret, for lack of a better way to put it.

Two sets of parents listed can indicate divorce between birth parents.

Plz look up Gary's obit on the funeral homes website and see what you think.

Plz look up Gary's obit on the funeral homes website and see what you think.
I think Kenneth is dad (Ruth is step-mom). Diane is mom (James is step-dad).

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I know we can't discuss family members social media, but can we discuss their criminal history to show links to interstate trafficking? We may have already in the beginning. Can't remember.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I don't think we can discuss criminal histories of family members. I remember this coming up in the beginning, too. I don't remember if that rule was waived, or not.

We can see what we see.

Idk why I'm just now putting this together but I noticed Kenneth Rhoden's picture is of him on a motorcycle. Was Kenneth ever known to be in any gangs, or have any gang/biker connections?

a theory could be maybe Kenneth participated in these killings in someway, and then was killed at the end.

The "family" as you describe it, will most likely inherit nothing. The heirs of those deceased are the surviving grandchildren.

I bet nobody inherits that land. The state/city will probably end up seizing it since there was an illegal pot operation on it.

Even if they don't, the courts will assign an executor of the estate and that person will be in charge. All property and assets will be sold- the courts will then use that money to pay off any of the owner's bills or notices filed against the estate. You wouldn't believe how many things get filed against an estate. I can see this being a huge, tangled mess.
Once the estate stuff is settled- what is left over will go to the grandkids. Most likely some type of trust account. That account is usually managed by whoever is guardian of the kids. (not always) IMO, I think the court will probably assign somebody who is not a relative to be in charge of the trust for the kids.

This is a good reminder to people to make sure they have a will. Make sure your beneficiaries are up to date.
I just went through a very long estate battle in Ohio. :gaah:

I bet nobody inherits that land. The state/city will probably end up seizing it since there was an illegal pot operation on it.

Even if they don't, the courts will assign an executor of the estate and that person will be in charge. All property and assets will be sold- the courts will then use that money to pay off any of the owner's bills or notices filed against the estate. You wouldn't believe how many things get filed against an estate. I can see this being a huge, tangled mess.
Once the estate stuff is settled- what is left over will go to the grandkids. Most likely some type of trust account. That account is usually managed by whoever is guardian of the kids. (not always) IMO, I think the court will probably assign somebody who is not a relative to be in charge of the trust for the kids.

This is a good reminder to people to make sure they have a will. Make sure your beneficiaries are up to date.
I just went through a very long estate battle in Ohio. :gaah:

I think Tony Rhoden filed to be the executor, didn't he?

Wills are important, unfortunately we don't have anything formal written up. Two people can write out their wishes and have it notarized, or go thru a paralegal, thus avoiding paying a lawyer. At least that is acceptable in Tex. and Kan. Seeing cases like this and knowing the legal headaches these folks are facing should encourage all of us to do something to avoid the hassle in our own lives! I don't think I've heard Tony has filed, but could be I missed that.

Gary's obit that is listed with family members is much more clear than the one listed by the funeral home in Ken. Thanks!

Wills are important, unfortunately we don't have anything formal written up. Two people can write out their wishes and have it notarized, or go thru a paralegal, thus avoiding paying a lawyer. At least that is acceptable in Tex. and Kan. Seeing cases like this and knowing the legal headaches these folks are facing should encourage all of us to do something to avoid the hassle in our own lives! I don't think I've heard Tony has filed, but could be I missed that.

Here's the article about that. It doesn't state it, but Kenneth's daughter Kendra is in charge of his estate.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...rts-sorting-out-estates-pike-county/85874612/

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...rts-sorting-out-estates-pike-county/85874612/

I think I attached the article. He has filed for CRSr, FR and HR. I'm

As the complete silence continues - everywhere - just ask yourself what "entity" could make such a huge amount of citizens, 100's of cops involved, and not one little tiny leak??

Any of us , true crime followers, ever see a mass shooting , go so quiet, so quick, and remain so for so long?

Only leads in one direction moo

I think you are implying that the steadfast silence from area residents means the cartel must be involved? (And, the thing is... hundreds of calls to the tip line is not really 'silence' but....) I respectfully disagree with the conclusion above. The cartel may well be involved but I don't believe 'silence' from area residents indicates exclusively that the cartel is involved. I believe the main reason for the lack of speaking publicly to others or to media/giving interviews/etc (?) is solely because SOMEONE(S) have proven that killing 8 family members is 'no big problem' for them if they get angry. Most mass murders are quickly solved and motivations quickly revealed... I don't think you can compare the two types of murders here. Here... you are up close and personal... you have 8 family members murdered while 'safely' sleeping in their beds in their homes and nobody knows who or why and, imo, that is ALL you need for a reason to keep people publicly quiet. At the end of the day, everyone wants to be able to feel safe; without fear for themselves or their families. Kind of a feeling like; the duck who's quacking is the one the fox will catch. Jmo.

IMO, I'm starting to lean toward somebody close to the family, or a family member "hired" outside help. And these persons have "taken care of business" before, I don't know if they have "killed" before, but IMO they have a clinicial, detached kind of mind, when dealing with "business". A former LEO that posted a few pages back, talked about something called a "kill shot". Something about " two shots to the head" = garanteed death. I think they had a plan of what they were going to do and followed most of it. IMO they knew that the Rhoden's were "fighters" and it was not going to be easy to subdue them, so they were going to get as many out of the way as soon as possiable in order for them to stay in control of what was going on. IMO CR1, GR, and FR gave them the trouble they were expecting. But they were ready with the gun power and help to take care of it.

IMO they followed their plan as much as they could, dealt with any problems and finished their 'job". The end result accomplished. IMO killing everyone was the plan from the get go.

PS, mod, I need a spell check on here, lol

It's great to hear all the comments. What I have trouble with is that to refuse to accept the fact that all this silence and
secrecy is not because LE does not have a loaded gun ready to indite the killer,but because of violations I can not
discuss, I am unable to lay out the facts the way I am reading the present conditions.moo

Actually the problems that I have seen with the PCSD are a different kind of problem than corruption. What I do see is a trigger happy deputy (Think George Zimmerman here) and a couple of others in a DV type situation. As for the secrecy, I can give the AG/Sheriff the benefit of the doubt. As for the county PA, I don't really have a good feeling there. That said, there have been some recent cases of corruption in Ohio LE. We have one PD near CBus that has had a couple of officers with serious corruption

http://nbc4i.com/2016/04/27/former-...o-federal-program-theft-civil-rights-charges/

http://nbc4i.com/2016/02/18/reynoldsburg-police-detective-arrested-on-drug-charges/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't see corruption as in stealing from the til, either, as much as just being, well, some of them were just not nice people (to put it mildly). I don't get a good vibe off of the PA either, at all, just for the record.

Idk why I'm just now putting this together but I noticed Kenneth Rhoden's picture is of him on a motorcycle. Was Kenneth ever known to be in any gangs, or have any gang/biker connections?

a theory could be maybe Kenneth participated in these killings in someway, and then was killed at the end.

I voiced that theory and got my hand smacked b/c KR is a victim. But, to answer your question about the gang, I've seen no evidence that KR was anything but an everyday rider. Had he been a member of a gang or club, they would have rode at his funeral.

I think you are implying that the steadfast silence from area residents means the cartel must be involved? (And, the thing is... hundreds of calls to the tip line is not really 'silence' but....) I respectfully disagree with the conclusion above. The cartel may well be involved but I don't believe 'silence' from area residents indicates exclusively that the cartel is involved. I believe the main reason for the lack of speaking publicly to others or to media/giving interviews/etc (?) is solely because SOMEONE(S) have proven that killing 8 family members is 'no big problem' for them if they get angry. Most mass murders are quickly solved and motivations quickly revealed... I don't think you can compare the two types of murders here. Here... you are up close and personal... you have 8 family members murdered while 'safely' sleeping in their beds in their homes and nobody knows who or why and, imo, that is ALL you need for a reason to keep people publicly quiet. At the end of the day, everyone wants to be able to feel safe; without fear for themselves or their families. Kind of a feeling like; the duck who's quacking is the one the fox will catch. Jmo.

I could be wrong, but I have zero theories that the cartel murdered these eight people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298