OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't put much thought in IJ and JJ being neighbors. Except if I was IJ, I would wish I could live elsewhere!

Unless a child is terminally ill, there is absolutely NO reason for them to be given oxy! And senior citizens asked to do YOGA??? These "experts" who sit in their cushy little offices and make health decisions, in my opinion, don't have a clue about real ailments at all! I'm sure if one of them attended a doctor's appointment with an elderly loved one who needed pain med and the doc told them to take Anacin and take up yoga would NOT be happy.

Unless a child is terminally ill, there is absolutely NO reason for them to be given oxy! And senior citizens asked to do YOGA??? These "experts" who sit in their cushy little offices and make health decisions, in my opinion, don't have a clue about real ailments at all! I'm sure if one of them attended a doctor's appointment with an elderly loved one who needed pain med and the doc told them to take Anacin and take up yoga would NOT be happy.

Agreed!

You know, it's kinda funny, all the talk about JJ, and FB, and suddenly everything JJ on FB has vanished.

I don't doubt that there were a couple folks, that the person in question, could tap to help him, I know he's not a POI right now, and don't really know if he'd be capable of pulling this off. He doesn't seem to have the coordination, self-control, and the right skills it would take. He strikes me as not being the sharpest knife in the drawer. There are a few in GR's Friend List that seem to be a bit sketchy as well. There's also a couple folks I've run across, extended family, that I don't really think they did it, but, they would make me a little uneasy at Thanksgiving Dinner, if they were part of my extended family.

I think that's his mo, "not the sharpest knife in the drawer... but he passed SWAT training, K9 training, and was charming enough to have the DA give him a couple of his own guns "for protection". I know I been beating this horse since the beginning, but he's the main suspect in my book. I don't think he kills people because he's stupid, I think he likes it. The million dollar question, in my book, is who's guns were used to kill the Rhodens? We heard there was a hearing on the 22nd of April and a petition to return items - what if it was the DA's guns?

I haven't posted for a while. Needed a break.

just wanted to say, re JJ, FB has been scrubbed.
You will find traces of him nowhere. None.
A Google search brings up only standard news articles.
i find this interesting.
Yes, I found that some time ago. His new address is, at the time that I looked in the court records, he moved to an area outside of Pike County but that address has been scrubbed from the system some time ago as well.

He might not be involved with them at all. Doesn't mean he didn't do it

I'm just still searching for a motive for JJ to do this. I'm coming up empty handed. I see far more motive for family and acquaintances than I do JJ. But, that's JMO.

I think that's his mo, "not the sharpest knife in the drawer... but he passed SWAT training, K9 training, and was charming enough to have the DA give him a couple of his own guns "for protection". I know I been beating this horse since the beginning, but he's the main suspect in my book. I don't think he kills people because he's stupid, I think he likes it. The million dollar question, in my book, is who's guns were used to kill the Rhodens? We heard there was a hearing on the 22nd of April and a petition to return items - what if it was the DA's guns?

Swat is mostly perfecting tactical skills, and improving physical training. He already had experience w/firearms, he was just perfecting them. As far as K9 training, a lot of the trainers require only a h.s. diploma to become a dog handler. Some a bit more, such as an associates. You can have a h.s. diploma, or an associates in anything, but have passed with very poor grades. If you like dogs, and are interested, I can teach you to how to train your dog. It doesn't take a mental heavyweight to train a dog. I just think he's to sloppy to pull this kind of thing off on his own. I could be wrong. He could be a very bad cop hiding behind the mask of a fumbling cop. He just reminds me more of a sociopath than a psychopath though.

I'm just still searching for a motive for JJ to do this. I'm coming up empty handed. I see far more motive for family and acquaintances than I do JJ. But, that's JMO.

I just do not see any connection between the victims and JJ much less any motive that doesn't require a whole lot of complex hypotheticals.
I agree that there is a lot higher probability that the perp(s) are someone that at least some if not all of the victims were well acquainted with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ray... my point is that, no matter what the occupation of the person now or in the past... the puzzle is the same one. Somebody committed 8 murders and that "somebody" had to face the problem of spattered clothing and how to clean or dispose of it. Even if they covered their clothing with a raincoat... they still had to have planned on what was going to happen after the murders were done to get rid of the guns rather than be caught with them. I had suggested in an earlier thread that they may have had a hole all dug and ready for them for the purpose of covering up guns, clothing, and anything else. Forests in the area are expansive (right across the street from Dana's place, for one idea) ...and quickly hiding the clothing with a plan to later come back and burn it would be just one possibility. Someone else had suggested throwing everything into the river down by KY on the way home. I, myself, would not drive even that far with one drop of evidence in my car. I doubt very much anyone brought any clothing home with them. Being the first day of the turkey shoot... nobody would think twice about hunters in the woods and, if they're local guys (and I think they are but, by that I don't mean necessarily from the same town) ... then they would know exactly where to take an early morning dip in a pond without being seen. But that wouldn't even be necessary if the clothed themselves properly "for the job." A mechanic's "one-piece jumpsuit" with hunting clothing underneath would be one idea.
Bury the clothes and guns "for now" and pick up the hunting rifles... split up and either go hunting or go home clean.

If they were dressed as hunters and someone had saw blood on them, they could explain it away as a turkey they had shot. While "cleaning" in the woods (you know dressings it out) you do get blood on you. If asked for proof, they could already have a carcus ready?

Same with any addict, of any type. Pill abusers just went to H b/c their pills were being taken away, and H is much cheaper and, actually easier to get now. Alcoholics are the same, just different drug, only it takes longer to kill them. Now oxy has been approved for pediatric use, but they want to take the elderly off of it and introduce YOGA as an alternative. Old people are the ones who have the most surgeries, falls, broken bones, and pains. Not a peep from anyone about the use in children though. However, marijuana has proven health benefits, is non-addictive, and the only dangerous part about it, right now anyway, is getting caught with it. Back to the H. There was a very sad story from the Pike County area about a young person dying from H after being clean for awhile. I cannot make a 100% connection to this person and GR, but there's a couple degrees of separation there, from what I've found while sleuthing.

Do you have a link for the story? I'd like to read about it. Thanx

Ray... my point is that, no matter what the occupation of the person now or in the past... the puzzle is the same one. Somebody committed 8 murders and that "somebody" had to face the problem of spattered clothing and how to clean or dispose of it. Even if they covered their clothing with a raincoat... they still had to have planned on what was going to happen after the murders were done to get rid of the guns rather than be caught with them. I had suggested in an earlier thread that they may have had a hole all dug and ready for them for the purpose of covering up guns, clothing, and anything else. Forests in the area are expansive (right across the street from Dana's place, for one idea) ...and quickly hiding the clothing with a plan to later come back and burn it would be just one possibility. Someone else had suggested throwing everything into the river down by KY on the way home. I, myself, would not drive even that far with one drop of evidence in my car. I doubt very much anyone brought any clothing home with them. Being the first day of the turkey shoot... nobody would think twice about hunters in the woods and, if they're local guys (and I think they are but, by that I don't mean necessarily from the same town) ... then they would know exactly where to take an early morning dip in a pond without being seen. But that wouldn't even be necessary if the clothed themselves properly "for the job." A mechanic's "one-piece jumpsuit" with hunting clothing underneath would be one idea.
Bury the clothes and guns "for now" and pick up the hunting rifles... split up and either go hunting or go home clean.

I'm just asking because I'm no expert on blood spatter. Do you know how close the killer would have to be to get entrance spatter on him/her? I know it all depends on the type of gun. But, any guesses?

Do you have a link for the story? I'd like to read about it. Thanx

Here is the one where they're whining about giving the elderly oxy. If I'm old and in pain, who cares if I'm addicted?! That's why I say quality over quantity. I hope I die in my sleep before I get to the point that they suggest freakin' YOGA to me over pain medication. I have a hard enough time from all the wear and tear as it is! What the Rhodens were growing should have been legal and most folks wouldn't need opiates.
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/life/wellness/2016/06/22/opioid-drugs-medicare/86243102/

Here's the one about the children and oxy.
http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/fda-approves-oxycontin-children-young-11-n409621

This is what you probably were looking for. Really a pretty sad story.
http://wyso.org/post/memory-alisha-federici#stream/0

Thank you, my heart truly bleeds for her, her family and all the others like her. I was one of the "lucky ones" that got sober and so far have stayed sober, so far. Praise God! I could understand a parent wanting to "kill" over something like that. But the addict is the one who has to "want" to stay sober, and all the love from anyone that cares for you, can't help you stay sober. You have to, put everything you put into getting high into your sobriety. She was young and when your young you are inviciable.

This is what you probably were looking for. Really a pretty sad story.
http://wyso.org/post/memory-alisha-federici#stream/0

From what I gather, she's the daughter (and has a twin) of rather successful parents who own a business in Waverly. Big extended family. I can't make a 100% connection to one of that family, and to one of the Rhodens, but, while searching one of the deceased Rhodens, that name popped up.

Thank you, my heart truly bleeds for her, her family and all the others like her. I was one of the "lucky ones" that got sober and so far have stayed sober, so far. Praise God! I could understand a parent wanting to "kill" over something like that. But the addict is the one who has to "want" to stay sober, and all the love from anyone that cares for you, can't help you stay sober. You have to, put everything you put into getting high into your sobriety. She was young and when your young you are inviciable.

It's horribly sad. She passed less than three weeks after she was released.

Yeah, JJ appears to be the type who might enjoy the adrenaline rush a person can get when they are in tense, volital situation. And with two crazy murder situations, where he's in control really makes him look like someone who can't control his own actions, or he's all thumbs when handling a gun.
And EXCUSE ME - he's a cop and has to borrow a gun from an Atty to protect his family? He couldn't go buy one? Seems like the Atty should have been suspended too.

Yeah, JJ appears to be the type who might enjoy the adrenaline rush a person can get when they are in tense, volital situation. And with two crazy murder situations, where he's in control really makes him look like someone who can't control his own actions, or he's all thumbs when handling a gun.
And EXCUSE ME - he's a cop and has to borrow a gun from an Atty to protect his family? He couldn't go buy one? Seems like the Atty should have been suspended too.

That's exactly my thoughts.

BBM
That's just blown my mind too. I just can't even see how that scenario played out. That did not give me good confidence from the PA from the get go. Poor judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3