OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey folks ... some posts have been removed. When a post gets deleted, it is for a reason. Please don't continue to discuss the details from it as if we don't exist. Makes Mods very cranky, and we can't have that :D

:tyou:

I'm 65 and have never smoked pot or used any recreational drugs. No one believes me, either...

Well I'm 55 and never used any kind of drugs either. I get looked at like "no way"...facts!

:eek: ! That's incredible! I'm impressed! I led a fairly sheltered life until I left home fairly young. I'm pretty settled down now, but, I've lived a pretty colorful life. I've enjoyed it but I gave up a lot of my old ways, thanks be to God, and just enjoy a slower pace now. I'm surprised I'm still alive looking back. I have good stories to tell though! :)

The group I ran around with were more interested in fast cars and beer...lol I've wondered how we survived some of the things we did in cars. I learned early on if everyone else was drinking they couldn't tell if I was not. I carried half a can of beer for hours and would say I still have some if asked if I was
ready for another. I had my share of fun without drugs...

Yes, the PD in our town were quite the cat's meow! A large number of the cops were rookies, sent there to train. Then 98%, of them left for more excitement and better pay. I've been thinking about the statement about hunting on the land. I can't see a hunter getting that mad. Too many other places they could get permission to hunt. From what we know, the area is heavily wooded. Also, maybe I'm dense, but what would be in season in late April? I could almost see a hunter getting mad enough to slug someone over a place to hunt, but not wiping out an entire family.

:eek: ! That's incredible! I'm impressed! I led a fairly sheltered life until I left home fairly young. I'm pretty settled down now, but, I've lived a pretty colorful life. I've enjoyed it but I gave up a lot of my old ways, thanks be to God, and just enjoy a slower pace now. I'm surprised I'm still alive looking back. I have good stories to tell though! :)

Yeah, I totally get that. I grew up in the country, was pretty wild in my younger days and settled down finally. Even though I work in the city, I live out in the sticks where I feel more at home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here is an informative link to an article about indoor gunfire. I know that there was some discussion earlier about how loud the gunshots would have been in the vicinity of the shootings.

http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/recognizing-the-sound-of-gunfire

Wow, that was informative. Thank you. I noticed there was no mention of smoke or gunpowder smells from any of the people who found the victims.I have no idea how long that smell would linger in a home that small. But I remember they found windows open so I assume that helped to disipate smoke and smell. I've been around guns my ex's both hunted I I've heard the different sounds of a shotgun and small caliber 22. The sounds of the shots are different larger caliber are louder than the short pops of the 22. But the gunshots I've heard were shot outdoors. So I don't know what they would sound like inside a home. I do know that trailer walls are much thinner that a regular home. I agree that the victims didn't have alot of time to react to what was going on and by the time they realized what was happening it was to late. JMO

Moved up to this thread

A couple of MSM accounts :

http://www.wcpo.com/news/state/state...n-recent-years

http://nbc4i.com/2015/12/10/pike-co-...h-of-a-driver/

The office reinstated the Joel guy, back on the payroll after all this

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/st...past/78734440/

One of the murders , by a deputy of this outlet. the prosector of the place gave this dude the gun - that he killed with .

There was another where this dude ran over a old a old citizen

They had to give him back his job with pay

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...g-rehired.html

There was another , where a bunch of young kids were brutally beat up by two wildly drunk deputies. One of them was the father of one of the kids that was mauled. It was unreal if I can find it. I think and hope I am not in trouble for posting local news MSM reports of what has been going on !

The prosector, had no issues with giving his guns to friends - poor dude, his gun killed a person.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2013/sep/25/weeks_corrupt_cops_stories

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/12/04/Pike-County-deputy-shooting.html

Hungry! Not Readers direct replacement the one before that one resigned cause of curruption -- need some food now!!

I say nothing but report the facts!....................

Yeah, and lots of us have spent time ruminating over these tidbits.

Yeah I am thinking that the property maps are a bit off. No telling when the last survey was done there.

I'm in doubt, too. On Spokeo I am seeing an entirely different land parcel for that address with some familiar names of people living there and none are Rhodens... just related to Rhodens. On Realtor.com I'm seeing other contradictory info but more matching with what Spokeo shows. I just don't know if others are living on the land that Chris et al owned or if my info is wrong altogether because I see what was posted and it contradicts. Wish I knew for sure. Google earth, which is wrong on some of the addresses does agree with Spokeo though.. and very interesting info to be found on Spokeo....

The group I ran around with were more interested in fast cars and beer...lol I've wondered how we survived some of the things we did in cars. I learned early on if everyone else was drinking they couldn't tell if I was not. I carried half a can of beer for hours and would say I still have some if asked if I was
ready for another. I had my share of fun without drugs...

Love fast cars and motorcycles! I used to do the beer can thing too. ;) I never liked to get behind the wheel after one too many.

Yes, the PD in our town were quite the cat's meow! A large number of the cops were rookies, sent there to train. Then 98%, of them left for more excitement and better pay. I've been thinking about the statement about hunting on the land. I can't see a hunter getting that mad. Too many other places they could get permission to hunt. From what we know, the area is heavily wooded. Also, maybe I'm dense, but what would be in season in late April? I could almost see a hunter getting mad enough to slug someone over a place to hunt, but not wiping out an entire family.

Turkey were in season at that time. I don't think it would be over not being able to hunt, but, I have thought someone skilled in hunting could have been the assailant...

I don't doubt that some of the outdoor grow sites that were discovered back a few years ago may have been connected to cartels. It could have been locals too.

As far a a sophisticated grow op at the Rhoden properties, I am skeptical to say the least. A couple hundred plants in a shed with some grow lights would be pretty small scale.

I do not think they have ever said KR was definitely not a suicide. They did say it did not appear to be a murder suicide.

No, respectfully, it was said that none committed suicide: "DeWine, along with Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader, said none of the victims — all shot in the head — had committed suicide, leading investigators to strongly suspect that they were killed by someone still on the loose."
But! DeWine also said, early on, "none appeared to have committed suicide."
So, I can see the persistent belief about the possibility of one committing suicide. It has been said both ways by the same man... DeWine.
From: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/04/22/report-least-7-dead-home-east-cincinnati/83380280/

Yeah, I totally get that. I grew up in the country, was pretty wild in my younger days and settled down finally. Even though I work in the city, I live out in the sticks where I feel more at home.

I enjoy traveling through the big cities on occasion but could never live in one. Not even the smaller ones. I live outside a very small town. We don't even have a Walmart or a grocery store! I like it just fine here. :)

Here is an informative link to an article about indoor gunfire. I know that there was some discussion earlier about how loud the gunshots would have been in the vicinity of the shootings.

http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/recognizing-the-sound-of-gunfire

Good article! I have wondered about the children's hearing, especially the babies found in the bed. It's probably okay but it had to be loud in those bedrooms. I do wear ear protection when I target shoot, but I've gone to drags and burnouts outdoors, w/o ear protection, and my hearing has been muffled for days.

They've said there were no indications that any of the victim's death were caused by suicide. It's just my belief that if any of them had committed suicide as a part of this that it would have had to have been on the death cert. as self-inflicted. I also think we'd know it by now too, it would be too easy for them to ascertain that, and too hard for the families to not let that slip. Just like GR's father let slip about his cause of death being three gunshots to the head and that there were two different types of shell casings before any of the death certs were released, and the shell casings have yet to be released but he's heard that somewhere, I'm sure.

And, I have to agree. It would also be a terrible thing to put this family through if LE knew it was murder/suicide and they were holding that secret to themselves. (And, WHY? would they?) It seems there would be no advantage to pretend 8 people were killed when only 7 were killed and 1 killed themselves. The law suits alone, for mental suffering needlessly would trump any sort of tactical psychological trick to make additional arrests on some larger matter. All news reports from early on are reporting on 8 murders. I think it's been pretty well established 8 people were murdered. Jmo.

I an LPN, and I can't understand why LE has not given the exact times of death listed on the death certificates. We all know that the murders took place after 11p and before 7:45a. They keep talking about more info being released when the drug tox screens come back. I would be willing to bet LE has had that info for at least 3wks. Unless someone came over and drugged everybody with sleeping pills and then came back later and shot everyone, tox screens probably aren't that relevant anyway. They say no news is good news, but in a case like this, that's not encouraging. It's beginning to feel like LE has dropped the general public like a hot potato…

I an LPN, and I can't understand why LE has not given the exact times of death listed on the death certificates. We all know that the murders took place after 11p and before 7:45a. They keep talking about more info being released when the drug tox screens come back. I would be willing to bet LE has had that info for at least 3wks. Unless someone came over and drugged everybody with sleeping pills and then came back later and shot everyone, tox screens probably aren't that relevant anyway. They say no news is good news, but in a case like this, that's not encouraging. It's beginning to feel like LE has dropped the general public like a hot potato…

I think (or like to think) that the news blackout has nothing to do with the public and everything to do with the killer(s.) I may be foolish, but I'm believing exactly what LE said about not giving any info to the killers and wanting this to be an airtight case leaving the eventual defense attorney nothing to grab hold of and use... that LE is compiling a case and they know exactly who they are going to arrest for this so it sticks like Gorilla Glue. I hope I'm not in denial but denial can be a handy tool at times. The thought that these 8 people could be terrorized and repeatedly shot while so helpless in their beds this way and that it could all just fade off over the years into an ice cold case, is something I just can't bear to think about. I'm frustrated there's no news but I'm patient because I'm determined I'm going to read the news one morning that arrests have been made. This way... when arrests are made, I'll know they got the right people.

Yeah, and lots of us have spent time ruminating over these tidbits.

I've been going back and reading news accounts from 4/24. One of the things I find very strange is that LE has given absolutely no profile of the perp except to say that the killings were executed by a professional. I understand why people might say they are keeping close because they already know who did this. But to not take a person into custody by this point, with almost two months to examine forensics, is very interesting and unsettling. What if the murders were committed with guns owned by the DA or some other official - what would they do?

Snipped like there's no tomorrow

Yes, by all means, track the number of
arrests before April, 22 and after that date up to today. See if an increase has appeared and type of arrest, Jmo.. Good
sleuths are more precious than gold.salome

Not really sure what you mean, but I looked at Pike C., and I think there is an increase in (chemical) drug related arrests not combined with traffic violations, over the last couple of months. Checked same time last year, and there's no obvious seasonal trend. Please share your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298